Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:19:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 1557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 2032123 times)
silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 02:36:23 PM

the economy is still exhaling.  and even with multiple additional rounds of QE, probably will still be exhaling, but at least a few short inhales can be taken with each round of QE Wink.

I'm glad to see that the PM's aren't following the market today, that correlation was starting to get worrisome.

Also glad to see BTC not correlating with AAPL's drop today either Wink.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 02:38:07 PM

I'm glad to see that the PM's aren't following the market today, that correlation was starting to get worrisome.

you've spoken too soon on this part.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 02:42:41 PM

The Dash for Digital Cash.
silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 02:56:09 PM

I don't think so.  The EE seems like its getting ready for another round of QE.  The biggest MM JPM is lightening up on its massive short position, probably in antcipation (or maybe direct knowledge) of QE3.

Bad econ data and JPM reducing its short= QE3 so far as I can tell.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 03:00:57 PM

I don't think so.  The EE seems like its getting ready for another round of QE.  The biggest MM JPM is lightening up on its massive short position, probably in antcipation (or maybe direct knowledge) of QE3.

it won't matter if he throws QE3 on the table or not, the cycles are telling you that it's time for another decline.  i'd even go as far as to say that if he does throw QE3 out there, it'll make it far worse.  sophisticated investors understand this can only work for so long.
silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 03:06:15 PM

I don't think so.  The EE seems like its getting ready for another round of QE.  The biggest MM JPM is lightening up on its massive short position, probably in antcipation (or maybe direct knowledge) of QE3.

it won't matter if he throws QE3 on the table or not, the cycles are telling you that it's time for another decline.  i'd even go as far as to say that if he does throw QE3 out there, it'll make it far worse.  sophisticated investors understand this can only work for so long.

Sure all ponzi schemes eventually blow up, but you and I will probably be dead before the USD blows up completely.  The market doesn't have to get pointed down much more and we will see QE3.  Personally I'd rather see the treasury just write checks to everyone, but not all at once.

Have a lotto where the treasury department sends a check once a month to everyone whose last name starts with the letter drawn that month.  Like 5,000 USD each.  The economy will turn around so quick your head will spin Wink
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 03:10:04 PM

I don't think so.  The EE seems like its getting ready for another round of QE.  The biggest MM JPM is lightening up on its massive short position, probably in antcipation (or maybe direct knowledge) of QE3.

it won't matter if he throws QE3 on the table or not, the cycles are telling you that it's time for another decline.  i'd even go as far as to say that if he does throw QE3 out there, it'll make it far worse.  sophisticated investors understand this can only work for so long.

Sure all ponzi schemes eventually blow up, but you and I will probably be dead before the USD blows up completely.  The market doesn't have to get pointed down much more and we will see QE3.  Personally I'd rather see the treasury just write checks to everyone, but not all at once.

Have a lotto where the treasury department sends a check once a month to everyone whose last name starts with the letter drawn that month.  Like 5,000 USD each.  The economy will turn around so quick your head will spin Wink

Sending out checks might work... but QE3 will just give the investment bankers more margin to short with.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
miscreanity
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 03:11:42 PM

This is probably the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.  Not in Labor Force CATAPULTS itself off the Feds charts!  The real # is 88,419,000!  And this it the all knowing Fed that you expect to be able to CONTROL the economy?

Not "all knowing" and certainly not able to control the economy. The system is done. Over. Finished. The USD is a smoldering husk, as are all other fiat currencies. There is no way to stop or reverse this.

What is being done is misdirection; a parlor trick. The wool can be pulled over peoples' eyes enough that they either believe it, or don't know what to believe. At best, most citizens willingly comply, at worst they're shocked enough to do the same.

It's a massive illusion. Ask random people what they know about HFT. If they're even aware of it, it's almost guaranteed they don't know that it can toss prices in any direction desired - that it is being used to create a false representation, destroying genuine price discovery. The markets would scarcely exist without the banks & bots, not to mention gov't meddling. Those are virtually all that's left.

Look at today's jobs numbers. It's among the most blatantly fraudulent of statistical charades. Who understands this? Very few. In a world of constant over-stimulation, the voices of these few are not enough to rouse majority awareness in the short term.

If gold were to collapse, it would've fallen below production cost last year - below $1,000/oz. Instead we have greater global turmoil, secret presidential rendezvous in the Middle East, reports of detention camps across America, more nations in Europe fracturing, and perpetual histrionics from every corner of "authority".

With uncertainty about a nation, there comes uncertainty over its issued currency. Wouldn't you worry about your deposits if your bank's stock were to become volatile? I won't even get into the matter of gold avoiding the rat-race of yield-chasing.

Nothing is real.

Quote from: Milton Friedman
Fundamentally, there are only two ways of coordinating the economic activities of millions. One is central direction involving the use of coercion -- the technique of the army and of the modern totalitarian state. The other is voluntary cooperation of individuals -- the technique of the marketplace.
~Milton Friedman

Thanks to illusion and misdirection, the marketplace has temporarily been usurped by central efforts. Instead of guns, we have charts.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 03:16:20 PM

Sending out checks might work... but QE3 will just give the investment bankers more margin to short with.

LOL, oh that's great and so dead on!
miscreanity
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 03:36:12 PM

do u not believe that things in life and nature cycle?  how about breathing?  is it one continuous inhale?

Depends on scale. The universe is still inhaling Smiley

It definitely is time for a decline. Cycles can be disrupted, but not indefinitely. QE never stopped: where do you think the IMF funds came from? Announcing QE3 now would just make it official.

At the moment, there's a game of chicken going on between the EU and the US to see which will ramp up easing efforts first. EU heads have essentially been daring the Fed to let them fall and drag the US along. Deflation in Europe points to America having to kick up another gear which is exceptionally bad, considering the Fed has been digging itself deeper by supplying just enough liquidity to keep Europe's financial structure from violently imploding.

Meanwhile, sharks around the world smell America's blood. China, Russia, Iran...

That's a nice amount of Bitcoins Smiley

Exactly. Favor debtors while destroying creditors and crippling the economy, or save creditors while murdering savers and obliterating society.

Martin Armstrong's Anatomy of a Debt Crisis does an excellent job of explaining the dilemma and how Julius Caesar was in the process of realizing a solution before his assassination. On this topic, I am in full agreement with Armstrong and Caesar - neither side can be satisfied fully in order for the structure to survive.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 03:37:03 PM

don't get me wrong here; just b/c i think the USD is going to skyrocket doesn't mean i believe the USD reserve currency system is the right or fairest system.  in fact, i think it is totally unfair in that it is controlled by a handful of corrupt bankers.

this is why i'm such a believer in a Bitcoin system.
miscreanity
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 03:52:31 PM

don't get me wrong here; just b/c i think the USD is going to skyrocket doesn't mean i believe the USD reserve currency system is the right or fairest system.  in fact, i think it is totally unfair dangerous/destructive in that it is controlled by a handful of corrupt bankers.

this is why i'm such a believer in a Bitcoin system.

FTFY

Watch EUR/USD @ $1.25 this month. June is shaping up to be it.

My plan: short the sh*t out of the Euro on the next bounce and take profit between $1.26 and $1.25'80.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 04:14:55 PM

the economy is still exhaling.  and even with multiple additional rounds of QE, probably will still be exhaling, but at least a few short inhales can be taken with each round of QE Wink.

you've got this backwards.  inhaling leads to inflating of the lungs; as in QE leads to inflating of stocks, bonds, gold, silver, oil, commodities.

this is why Clinton said he never "inhaled" thus never got high Wink
silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 04:28:56 PM

you've got this backwards.  inhaling leads to inflating of the lungs; as in QE leads to inflating of stocks, bonds, gold, silver, oil, commodities.

Its not backwards, the economy is still in decline as far as I'm concerned.  Thus it is exhaling.. i.e. not high!  Each round of QE is an inhale (stuff gets higher for a little while).  In order to survive you have to inhale, the way the fed has been doing that is to QE.. 

I prefer that the bearded one go recommend to Congress that they inject liquidity to the people, raise the debt cap, have the Treasury print up another trillion in bonds (that the fed buys for close to zero percent), then pump all that cash straight to population via lotto checks.  Be way more effective then this QE bs.  Mainline adrenaline baby..  perk this fucker up!!
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 04:38:24 PM

Its not backwards, the economy is still in decline as far as I'm concerned.  Thus it is exhaling.. i.e. not high!  Each round of QE is an inhale (stuff gets higher for a little while).  In order to survive you have to inhale, the way the fed has been doing that is to QE.. 

I prefer that the bearded one go recommend to Congress that they inject liquidity to the people, raise the debt cap, have the Treasury print up another trillion in bonds (that the fed buys for close to zero percent), then pump all that cash straight to population via lotto checks.  Be way more effective then this QE bs.  Mainline adrenaline baby..  perk this fucker up!!

you don't get it.  the bankers would never allow this.  the whole point of them being able to control the money supply is to manipulate markets and fleece the people like you and me.  they are NOT about helping us.
silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 04:45:26 PM

you don't get it.  the bankers would never allow this.  the whole point of them being able to control the money supply is to manipulate markets and fleece the people like you and me.  they are NOT about helping us.

They already allowed it once (Bush sent checks to everyone)..  Its continuing to be allowed.. (making work pay tax credit, SSI being halved temporarily)

I just think QE is BS, pump more cash straight to the people so that it will get spent in the real economy, by the people who are on the hook for the debt (that will never be repaid Wink)

silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 04:51:44 PM

I'd actually be fine with QE, so long as they went about it in a way that fixed shit.

Like the housing market.  Have the fed go buy every 3rd house on the market, over the course of the next few years.  Then rent them out at super low rates to low income peeps.

Drives rents down, Drives house prices up.   Fixes the fucked up death spiral in housing..
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 04:52:43 PM

They already allowed it once (Bush sent checks to everyone)..  Its continuing to be allowed.. (making work pay tax credit, SSI being halved temporarily)

I just think QE is BS, pump more cash straight to the people so that it will get spent in the real economy, by the people who are on the hook for the debt (that will never be repaid Wink)

nice theory but its not gonna work out this way.  they got you into the stock mkt and its time to take your money away.  after all, the Wall St traders don't actually produce anything of value so where else are they gonna get the money?

and btw, they won't destroy the USD; its their game to perpetuate.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 04:55:02 PM

who here sees inflation?:

silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 04:56:11 PM

the economy is still exhaling.  and even with multiple additional rounds of QE, probably will still be exhaling, but at least a few short inhales can be taken with each round of QE Wink.

you've got this backwards.  inhaling leads to inflating of the lungs; as in QE leads to inflating of stocks, bonds, gold, silver, oil, commodities.

Its not backwards, the economy is still in decline as far as I'm concerned.  Thus it is exhaling.. i.e. not high!  Each round of QE is an inhale (stuff gets higher for a little while).  In order to survive you have to inhale, the way the fed has been doing that is to QE..  

I prefer that the bearded one go recommend to Congress that they inject liquidity to the people, raise the debt cap, have the Treasury print up another trillion in bonds (that the fed buys for close to zero percent), then pump all that cash straight to population via lotto checks.  Be way more effective then this QE bs.  Mainline adrenaline baby..  perk this fucker up!!

you don't get it.  the bankers would never allow this.  the whole point of them being able to control the money supply is to manipulate markets and fleece the people like you and me.  they are NOT about helping us.

They already allowed it once (Bush sent checks to everyone)..  Its continuing to be allowed.. (making work pay tax credit, SSI being halved temporarily)

nice theory but its not gonna work out this way.  they got you into the stock mkt and its time to take your money away.  after all, the Wall St traders don't actually produce anything of value so where else are they gonna get the money?

and btw, they won't destroy the USD; its their game to perpetuate.

Of course its not gonna work out this way.  We are going to bounce along sideways just like Japan did for the last 20 years.  and the price of commodities will RISE the entire time.  So each person will pay a higher and higher percentage of his wages buying neccesities and have less and less for extra's.  The standard of living will slowly decline in the 1st world nations and will slowly rise in the 3rd world nations..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 1557 »
  Print  

Jump to: