Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:46:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is anyone following the Israel & Palestine Situation.  (Read 42603 times)
MJ1990

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:34:54 PM

DodoB:

Please go read a book or something and don't engage in discussions you have no knowledge about! That rocket did not kill a single Israeli...And who the fuck would throw rockets at civilians and kill little children who only care about their toys and their candies? Israel has the lamest excuses and people like you are so stupid-confident to believe them! Haha...Wow! UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE! Those children's blood is on people like you, you heartless piece of shit.

Please excuse my french! Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MJ1990

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:44:41 PM

If they are the terrorists, what do you call people who burn children alive, rape women, torture little kids, throw them out of their homes with guns and fire rockets at them? Israel is a bully and some people are too stupid to see it. This is illiteracy at its best. Smack That Ace, these people don't know shit about this war. They have no brain, they only have eyes and ears. And they probably can't even spell Israel. lol

You are the real TERRORIST my friend. You might wanna check out the definition of "terrorist" in the dictionary if you can find one. Smiley
cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 03:45:32 PM

As an ex-soldier in the Israeli Defense Forces, I've seen how shockingly we treat Palestinians

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/as-an-exsoldier-in-the-israeli-defense-forces-ive-seen-how-shockingly-we-treat-palestinians-9607267.html

I only knew Gaza from the stories.  It was the military zone for which the Givate Brigade was responsible, but we all knew the stories about how they managed to kill several militants in one ambush. Honestly, we were a bit jealous. I was drafted into the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) at the end of the Second Intifada into a special operations unit of the paratrooper brigade. From the start of my service I knew that Nablus and Jenin would be the areas for which we were responsible. Child’s play, seemingly, compared to the stories that came out of Gaza – but my child’s play. I’ll never forget the first time that I was shot at, the first Palestinian corpse I ever saw, and the fear and adrenaline during my first military operation.

My first mission involved the seizure of a Palestinian home. I had never before had the opportunity to be inside a Palestinian home, and my squad was surprised for a moment by the fact that within the home lived an entire family – spanning three generations. We woke everyone up, and took over the house. We put everyone in one room - women, men, children, and the elderly. One of the guys was stationed at the door to ensure that they didn’t get out. In the meantime, we took care of our business. I remember asking myself: what do they think about all of this? What would I do if soldiers broke into my home? But I immediately repressed these questions and carried on with the mission. As time passed, fear turned into boredom, adrenaline stabilized, and my doubts about the extent of the operational logic and its justification would return to gnaw at me. But the next day there were already new operations. This was our daily routine, and as a result, the next time I didn’t really think about how the family whose home we entered felt. My personal red moral line blurred very quickly. Every time I would tell myself – this is still okay. But it’s in the nature of red lines to move along an imaginary scale. I wasn’t bothered when we destroyed entire homes during search operations, and when my squad accidentally shot an innocent woman, and we quickly buried the incident and moved on. Today I know that my ability to distinguish whether a particular action crosses the line, didn’t really exist back then.

What happened to me is happening to the IDF and to Israeli society at large. During Operation Cast Lead I had been a civilian active with Breaking the Silence for over a year, but I was still shocked by the incidents I heard had occurred there. I remember a friend who had taken part in Cast Lead. He returned shaken by the fact that homes of “Hamas members” were deemed legitimate targets for bombing without any relation to the risk they posed to our soldiers in the field. That was the first time he had encountered such orders during his military service. This is what he testified:

"In the morning we identified four men, aged 25 - 40, with keffiyehs, standing outside the house talking. It was suspect. We reported it to intelligence, specifying the house they were about to enter. Intelligence passed this on to the Shabak (Israeli Security Agency) who reported that this was known as a Hamas activist’s house. This is automatically acted upon. I don’t remember what we used - whether it was a helicopter or something else, but the house was bombed while these guys were inside. A woman ran out of the house holding a child, and escaped southward. That is to say, there had been innocent people inside."

The same red line that was crossed during Operation Cast Lead has become the starting line for Operation Protective Edge. Homes of “Hamas members” were added to the IDF’s long list of potential targets in the Gaza Strip.

The politicians that send us to perform these tasks don’t even pretend to promise hope for a better future. Just further use of force and violence. Our doubts about logic and justice don’t even interest us anymore, as our red moral lines are constantly moving in the face of our reality - much like mine during my military service. 150 killed in Gaza in the first six days of the operation, the vast majority of whom were civilians, and a quarter of whom were children. Millions of Israeli and Palestinian people live in existential fear that a rocket or a missile will fall on their heads. The end of one bout of violence merely sets an alarm for the next.

The red line at which we stopped during Operation Cast Lead (2009), is the same line from which we commenced Operation Pillar of Defense (2011). The point at which we stopped during Pillar of Defense is the same place from which we’ve started Protective Edge. What will our next red line be? And when will we cross that one too? Only we can answer that question. It depends on us, and what we allow others to do in our name.

Avner Gvaryahu served in the IDF as a sergeant in special forces from November 2004-November, 2007
practicaldreamer

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:49:02 PM

This:-

can, I think, be largely explained by this :-

I suppose it helps if you are a wealthy nation (GDP per capita of Israel circa $32k - GDP per capita for Palestinian territory circa $2900) This is of course reflected in military spending.

But please, lets not for a minute say that this is somehow a "fair" fight - because it isn't.
MJ1990

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:51:55 PM

Hear it from the greatest!

http://aquacool.subzeroblue.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/chomsky-2.png
DodoB

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:52:31 PM

DodoB:

Please go read a book or something and don't engage in discussions you have no knowledge about! That rocket did not kill a single Israeli...And who the fuck would throw rockets at civilians and kill little children who only care about their toys and their candies? Israel has the lamest excuses and people like you are so stupid-confident to believe them! Haha...Wow! UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE! Those children's blood is on people like you, you heartless piece of shit.

"That rocket did not kill a single Israeli"

For now. Because Israel has Iron Dome,if Hamas spent its money on economy,infrastructure,education,etc,instead of terror and rockets,maybe they would also have Iron Dome.
 War is not about being fair.
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:01:11 PM

I'm following it.
I think most the world are aware of it too, not necessarily by choice though.
Latest chance of a ceasefire was completely dismissed by Hamas after firing 50 rockets whilst Israel kept to the conditional ceasefire.
Israel have now since responded to the constant rockets, and yet again, this war goes on...
Smack That Ace (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1094

Assalamu Alekum

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:02:45 PM

Don't be a part of this criminal war.

Shooting rockets at civilian centers is pretty much a war crime. (Im talking about Hamas)

Your talking about Hamas Huh
Wow and i thought that people could NOT get more arrogant.
Bro im sure your sitting on the comfort of your home and safety of your walls. Im sure you a bit over weight as well but thats a different story all together.
I dont want to prove to you that Israel has far more superior infantry and defence technology than hamas and rest of the Arab world.
So Hamas can fire 100 rockets with 1 percent accuracy and israel fires 1 with 100% accuracy.
You really dont get what your saying do you ? Its not like you guys did it by yourslef, this is all the supprt from American and other Zionist that have been operating in this world.
This is the coming of the Anti Christ and i don't know what they are teaching you people in Churches, Mosques, Synagogues and Temples but the reality is this war is not between Israel, Palestine, Jews, Muslims, Christian, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, India , Pakistan, Muslims, Arabs, etc.
This war is between GOD and the DEVIL .

Facts , facts and more facts
How about we setup a donation wallet and help victims. I keep on saying that and none of you lazy bums seem to be interested.
Come on . This is the only way to support the cause.

Smack That Ace (OP)
Legendary

Assalamu Alekum

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:09:05 PM

As an ex-soldier in the Israeli Defense Forces, I've seen how shockingly we treat Palestinians

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/as-an-exsoldier-in-the-israeli-defense-forces-ive-seen-how-shockingly-we-treat-palestinians-9607267.html

I only knew Gaza from the stories.  It was the military zone for which the Givate Brigade was responsible, but we all knew the stories about how they managed to kill several militants in one ambush. Honestly, we were a bit jealous. I was drafted into the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) at the end of the Second Intifada into a special operations unit of the paratrooper brigade. From the start of my service I knew that Nablus and Jenin would be the areas for which we were responsible. Child’s play, seemingly, compared to the stories that came out of Gaza – but my child’s play. I’ll never forget the first time that I was shot at, the first Palestinian corpse I ever saw, and the fear and adrenaline during my first military operation.

My first mission involved the seizure of a Palestinian home. I had never before had the opportunity to be inside a Palestinian home, and my squad was surprised for a moment by the fact that within the home lived an entire family – spanning three generations. We woke everyone up, and took over the house. We put everyone in one room - women, men, children, and the elderly. One of the guys was stationed at the door to ensure that they didn’t get out. In the meantime, we took care of our business. I remember asking myself: what do they think about all of this? What would I do if soldiers broke into my home? But I immediately repressed these questions and carried on with the mission. As time passed, fear turned into boredom, adrenaline stabilized, and my doubts about the extent of the operational logic and its justification would return to gnaw at me. But the next day there were already new operations. This was our daily routine, and as a result, the next time I didn’t really think about how the family whose home we entered felt. My personal red moral line blurred very quickly. Every time I would tell myself – this is still okay. But it’s in the nature of red lines to move along an imaginary scale. I wasn’t bothered when we destroyed entire homes during search operations, and when my squad accidentally shot an innocent woman, and we quickly buried the incident and moved on. Today I know that my ability to distinguish whether a particular action crosses the line, didn’t really exist back then.

What happened to me is happening to the IDF and to Israeli society at large. During Operation Cast Lead I had been a civilian active with Breaking the Silence for over a year, but I was still shocked by the incidents I heard had occurred there. I remember a friend who had taken part in Cast Lead. He returned shaken by the fact that homes of “Hamas members” were deemed legitimate targets for bombing without any relation to the risk they posed to our soldiers in the field. That was the first time he had encountered such orders during his military service. This is what he testified:

"In the morning we identified four men, aged 25 - 40, with keffiyehs, standing outside the house talking. It was suspect. We reported it to intelligence, specifying the house they were about to enter. Intelligence passed this on to the Shabak (Israeli Security Agency) who reported that this was known as a Hamas activist’s house. This is automatically acted upon. I don’t remember what we used - whether it was a helicopter or something else, but the house was bombed while these guys were inside. A woman ran out of the house holding a child, and escaped southward. That is to say, there had been innocent people inside."

The same red line that was crossed during Operation Cast Lead has become the starting line for Operation Protective Edge. Homes of “Hamas members” were added to the IDF’s long list of potential targets in the Gaza Strip.

The politicians that send us to perform these tasks don’t even pretend to promise hope for a better future. Just further use of force and violence. Our doubts about logic and justice don’t even interest us anymore, as our red moral lines are constantly moving in the face of our reality - much like mine during my military service. 150 killed in Gaza in the first six days of the operation, the vast majority of whom were civilians, and a quarter of whom were children. Millions of Israeli and Palestinian people live in existential fear that a rocket or a missile will fall on their heads. The end of one bout of violence merely sets an alarm for the next.

The red line at which we stopped during Operation Cast Lead (2009), is the same line from which we commenced Operation Pillar of Defense (2011). The point at which we stopped during Pillar of Defense is the same place from which we’ve started Protective Edge. What will our next red line be? And when will we cross that one too? Only we can answer that question. It depends on us, and what we allow others to do in our name.

Avner Gvaryahu served in the IDF as a sergeant in special forces from November 2004-November, 2007

SIR I SALUTE YOU FOR COMING OUT AND STATING THE TRUTH

AT101ET
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:10:21 PM

Shooting rockets at civilian centers is pretty much a war crime. (Im talking about Hamas)

Bro im sure your sitting on the comfort of your home and safety of your walls. Im sure you a bit over weight as well but thats a different story all together.
I dont want to prove to you that Israel has far more superior infantry and defence technology than hamas and rest of the Arab world.
So Hamas can fire 100 rockets with 1 percent accuracy and israel fires 1 with 100% accuracy.
You really dont get what your saying do you ? Its not like you guys did it by yourslef, this is all the supprt from American and other Zionist that have been operating in this world.
This is the coming of the Anti Christ and i don't know what they are teaching you people in Churches, Mosques, Synagogues and Temples but the reality is this war is not between Israel, Palestine, Jews, Muslims, Christian, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, India , Pakistan, Muslims, Arabs, etc.

How about we setup a donation wallet and help victims. I keep on saying that and none of you lazy bums seem to be interested.

I'm afraid its not. Israel wants peace just as much as everyone else. - Hence the agreed ceasefire this morning.
The only way to support the cause is to prevent future occurrences of such events and to stop the rockets ASAP. Once the rockets stop, Israel will stop all retaliation attacks.
Israel's problem lies with Hamas and not the Palestinians.
A country and/or nation cannot be governed by a terrorist organisation that puts the lives of its civilians at risk.
Instead of acting as puppets for Hamas, the civilians in Gaza must stand up to Hamas, overpower them, and then elect a fair and just government thats sole aim isn't to destroy the state of Israel, rather to invest in the future of its people.
DodoB

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:11:24 PM

I am Atheist,so cut the god/devil bullcrap.
Israel indeed has superior army over Hamas,so what? just because Israel is stronger it means Hamas can shoot as much as rockets he wants?
Sure,set up donation wallet and help victims,excellent thing to do,but that will not stop the conflict.
Smack That Ace (OP)
Legendary

Assalamu Alekum

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:12:56 PM

DodoB:

For now. Because Israel has Iron Dome,if Hamas spent its money on economy,infrastructure,education,etc,instead of terror and rockets,maybe they would also have Iron Dome.

Exactly you just contradicted yourself here.
If you have that dome technology bullshit makes you stronger and more equipped.
Gaza people are using all pots and pans to save themselves from the grenades you have been launching.
Have some shame and agree that this is like the school bully situation. 10 big guys one 1 small kid.
Nothing ever good comes out of that.

DodoB

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:15:16 PM

DodoB:

Exactly you just contradicted yourself here.
If you have that dome technology bullshit makes you stronger and more equipped.
Gaza people are using all pots and pans to save themselves from the grenades you have been launching.
Have some shame and agree that this is like the school bully situation. 10 big guys one 1 small kid.
Nothing ever good comes out of that.

Well,nobody forced them to shoot rockets.
Smack That Ace (OP)
Legendary

Assalamu Alekum

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:16:59 PM

Your last quote

I am Atheist,so cut the god/devil bullcrap.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I PITY YOU SIR. I ACTUALLY TRULY FEEL SORRY FOR YOU

Just shows how weak you are to reject the truth and believe in absolutely "NOTHING"

Get a life, go sit in a sermon or sit with some believers. You should come down and chill with me.
Ill make you believe in God.

p.s - Not telling you to believe in organized religion.
I am a god fearing man, not a believer of following PEOPLE THEORIES aka meaning of Athiest
Being atheist is so 2009

Smack That Ace (OP)
Legendary

Assalamu Alekum

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:17:29 PM

DodoB:

MJ1990

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:26:50 PM

I'm afraid its not. Israel wants peace just as much as everyone else. - Hence the agreed ceasefire this morning.
The only way to support the cause is to prevent future occurrences of such events and to stop the rockets ASAP. Once the rockets stop, Israel will stop all retaliation attacks.

A country and/or nation cannot be governed by a terrorist organisation that puts the lives of its civilians at risk.
Instead of acting as puppets for Hamas, the civilians in Gaza must stand up to Hamas, overpower them, and then elect a fair and just government thats sole aim isn't to destroy the state of Israel, rather to invest in the future of its people.

Oh really? Are you sure you don't wanna take back what you said? Because I'm just going to prove you that you're an idiot sir. Oh I don't have to do anything because you just did it for me. "Israel's problem lies with Hamas and not the Palestinians"?
80% of the deaths are civilian casualties including little kids, women and old people. Those were someone's children, someone's father, someone's mother, someone's sister, someone's brother...You probably have none, or you wouldn't be so heartless.
Please don't be so ignorant!
DodoB

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:33:13 PM

Oh really? Are you sure you don't wanna take back what you said? Because I'm just going to prove you that you're an idiot sir. Oh I don't have to do anything because you just did it for me. "Israel's problem lies with Hamas and not the Palestinians"?
80% of the deaths are civilian casualties including little kids, women and old people. Those were someone's children, someone's father, someone's mother, someone's sister, someone's brother...You probably have none, or you wouldn't be so heartless.
That is because Hamas uses human shields,when you shoot rockets from schools and mosques,don't be surprised when they get bombed.
AT101ET
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:33:20 PM

No, I don't want to take it back.
War is war, and resultantly, you have the consequences of war, in this case the deaths of civilians.
Now, not to be blunt, but if you read what I wrote, you'd see that the problem lies with Hamas using the civilians as human shields.
If the people get rid of Hamas and set up a non terrorist governments who actually cares about the lives of its civilians, war will be averted and peace will be restored Smiley
MJ1990

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:41:58 PM

crush civilians

Its not the fault of Israel that Hamas uses human shields. They build their rocket sites on the roof of a house where a normal family lives. hoping that Israel wont strike due to innocents being there. Well guess what.. Israel will attack you from wherever you are.. If Hamas had some balls they would build rocket sites away from the public, but they dont because they want the world to think that Israel is just killing anyone at will. Which is not the case.

So it's okay for Israel to kill innocent children? Is that what you're saying? That is clearly what you're saying...Did you ever think what if that child was yours? What would you do?

Stop quoting what you read on the news. Use the little brain that you MIGHT have...
DodoB

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:47:41 PM

crush civilians

Its not the fault of Israel that Hamas uses human shields. They build their rocket sites on the roof of a house where a normal family lives. hoping that Israel wont strike due to innocents being there. Well guess what.. Israel will attack you from wherever you are.. If Hamas had some balls they would build rocket sites away from the public, but they dont because they want the world to think that Israel is just killing anyone at will. Which is not the case.

So it's okay for Israel to kill innocent children? Is that what you're saying? That is clearly what you're saying...Did you ever think what if that child was yours? What would you do?

Stop quoting what you read on the news. Use the little brain that you MIGHT have...

Its not okay,but its Hamas fault asewll.

What if the child that just died in Africa from starvation was yours? Oh wait,i dont think you care,because he is not Palestinian.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: