Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:00:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is anyone following the Israel & Palestine Situation.  (Read 42603 times)
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:13:19 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 11:47:43 AM by Alphi

Honestly the Israel & Palestine situation is a complex version of 2 little kids not wanting to share their sandbox with each other. Each of them saying it was mine first when they could easily divide it equally. Unfortunately one of them has the sandbox bully on their side so the other boy has no chance.

Not as simple as that. The Israelis are having USA on their side, but Barack Obama is not as much pro-Israeli as his predecessors. On the other hand, emerging powers such as Saudi Arabia and Egypt are supporting the Palestinians.

Eqypt is not really pro Hamas they just had a brutal crackdown on the Muslim brotherhood (the father organisation of Hamas). Saudi I'm not sure, they do everything hidden but they are also allied with the US.

its more like a playground where all the kids are kinda friends with each other but allegiances change very easily.

to take the analogy further..

the chubby Isreali kid kicks over the Palestinian kids sand castle and then begins sitting on the skinny little Palestinian kids head and when the little Palestinian kid tries to fight back he gets punched in the face.. when the teacher comes to stop the fight, the Isreali kid says to the teacher "he started it... I was just defending myself miss..", "I have a right to defend myself because this is my sandbox that god gave to me.."

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:33:05 AM

Emotional people is not kin to the truth or solve anything.
As I see here 90%+ of emotional reactions, Israel x Palestine is far far away from rationality, the conflict itself is irrational, the supporters of both sides are emotional... so the conflict will not have an end soon. Will be just tears and shouts from both sides and we will loop this over and over until some catastrophe comes along to either side.

P.S. - Sorry for not be a "like" beggar. Like what I said or not, I don't really care.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Starscream

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:02:37 PM

bla bla

to take the analogy further..

the palestinian kid with murderous look in his eyes goes to the israeli kid and starts poking him with a knife, the israeli kid, using his wit, quickly put on a vest.
the palestinian kid kept poking the israeli kid and shouted that he will murder him and his family.
the palestinian kid than went on and start throwing knives at the israeli kids family as well as started walking towards them while putting a suicide vest on him.
the israeli kid than proceeded into punching the palestinian kid in the face, knocking him cold, saying its self defense and that the palestinian kid threatened and tried to kill his family.

Fixed that for ya.

I was contemplating if to tell the story about the israeli and palestinian kid who got their playground divided by the british teacher, and how the palestinian kid said "fuck that shit, i want all of it", went to call his arab brothers to beat the israeli kid, failed and now is crying.

but... nah.
5flags

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 12:18:24 PM

I was contemplating if to tell the story about the israeli and palestinian kid who got their playground divided by the british teacher, and how the palestinian kid said "fuck that shit, i want all of it", went to call his arab brothers to beat the israeli kid, failed and now is crying.

If your analogy paints the Palestinians as the historical aggressors, rather than the European immigrants who unilaterally declared Israel to exist on what was, at that time, predominantly Arab land, then your analogy is deeply flawed.

http://5fla.gs - @5flags on Twitter
Alphi

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:22:25 PM

If your analogy paints the Palestinians as the historical aggressors, rather than the European immigrants who unilaterally declared Israel to exist on what was, at that time, predominantly Arab land, then your analogy is deeply flawed.

his analogy is fine its just 2 thousand years out of date. but don't blame isreal for using out of date text books its written in their law that they must use history books from 2000 years ago.

he means Roman teacher not British. its a common mistake that most isreali kids make... confusing Romans with the British empire.
as you can see they like to confuse Palestinians with Arabs too.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
Starscream

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:32:15 PM

his analogy is fine its just 2 thousand years out of date. but don't blame isreal for using out of date text books its written in their law that they must use history books from 2000 years ago.

he means Roman teacher not British. its a common mistake that most isreali kids make... confusing Romans with the British empire.
as you can see they like to confuse Palestinians with Arabs too.

I reckon you need to go back to school if you confuse the romans and the british as for who divided the land.

arab land?

Interesting, care to show me the history text book that points that out?

Because it did belong to the British, who conquered it from the ottoman empire, who conquered it from the Mamluk empire, who conquered it from the Crusaders....
5flags

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 12:52:27 PM

arab land?

Because it did belong to the British, who conquered it from the ottoman empire, who conquered it from the Mamluk empire, who conquered it from the Crusaders....

It didn't belong to the British. They were granted the responsibility (by the LoN) to administer Palestine as a class A mandate to bring it into statehood and independence. If you ever take the time to see how the UN surveyed the land when they were considering partition, you will see how much was considered Arab land, and how much was considered Jewish.

Alphi

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:58:22 PM

starscream are you still here ?

I thought you would be busily preparing for your holy war against all Arabs by now...

oh I forgot you don't need to prepare because the USA is giving Isreal more charity Iron Dome units.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-07-16/why-more-of-israels-iron-dome-will-be-made-in-the-u-dot-s-dot-a

must be nice to live off welfare and throw stones from behind your shiny new missile system.

what are you going to do if the charity is cut off?

lets hope you learn how to tone down the rhetoric and make peace with your neighbors by then eh.

Starscream

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:59:03 PM

It didn't belong to the British. They were granted the responsibility (by the LoN) to administer Palestine as a class A mandate to bring it into statehood and independence. If you ever take the time to see how the UN surveyed the land when they were considering partition, you will see how much was considered Arab land, and how much was considered Jewish.
It did belong to the British.

They conquered it from the Ottoman empire in 1917 and instated Martial Law for 3 years before it was declared a British mandate by the LoN in 1920.
Regardless, it was theirs no matter how you look at it, it wasn't given to them, they already had it, it was just cheap politics.
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:02:18 PM

Who own the place? Here is the property record amongst the millenniums:

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Starscream

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:02:25 PM

starscream are you still here ?

I thought you would be busily preparing for your holy war against all Arabs by now...

oh I forgot you don't need to prepare because the USA is giving Isreal more charity Iron Dome units.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-07-16/why-more-of-israels-iron-dome-will-be-made-in-the-u-dot-s-dot-a

must be nice to live off welfare and throw stones from behind your shiny new missile system.
Welfare?
Majority of the US dollars Israel gets goes back to the US.

Regardless, it's damn good to know there's a country that uses its money and technology to protect its people and not shot down airplanes full of civilians (as you probably know).

Alternatively, here are your heroes:

Alphi

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:03:47 PM

arab land?

the poor sod doesn't even know that Mamluks were Arabic speakers and so were the people who lived in Palestine during the Ottoman, Crusader and Byzantine Era's...

Starscream

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:06:34 PM

the poor sod doesn't even know that Mamluks were Arabs...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mamluk

The most enduring Mamluk realm was the military caste in medieval Egypt that rose from the ranks of slave soldiers who were mainly Cumans-Kipchaks of Turkic,[1] Circassian[2] and Georgian[3][4][5] origin, although in the Burji (post-1389) Mamluk sultanate many Mamluks could also be of Balkan origin (Albanian, Greek, South Slavic)

A lot (the vast majority) were Egyptians, east Europeans and Turkish.

Guess you need to go back to your text books and brush up on who's arab and who isn't.
Starscream

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:08:51 PM

arab land?

the poor sod doesn't even know that Mamluks were Arabic speakers and so were the people who lived in Palestine during the Ottoman, Crusader and Byzantine Era's...

lol. Caught editing your stupidity.

You're to slow.
5flags

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 01:10:24 PM

It did belong to the British.

That's certainly true, if one ignores all of the facts.

Military stewardship is not ownership. You're not disagreeing with me, you're disagreeing with the British and the UN. They administered Palestine, they did not own it.

Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 01:12:28 PM

Israel maybe guilty of war crimes – UN Human Rights Chief
http://rt.com/news/174948-un-israel-palestine-talks/

Israel maybe committing war crimes in Gaza, the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights says. Speaking in Geneva, Navi Pillay said house demolitions and the killing of children raise the "strong possibility" that Israel is violating international law.

While this is a welcome statement, I wonder if it sets a precedent for the equal situation in Ukraine. Or is it completely OK for Kiev to conduct "house demolitions and the killing of children" that are ethnically Russian?

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Alphi

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:16:10 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 01:28:11 PM by Alphi

this is what they don't teach you in Zionist school

The Islamization of Palestine occurred as a result of the Islamic conquest of Palestine in 640. It was a long process that included immigration of Arabs and Muslims from other regions, as well as gradual conversion to Islam by some of the indigenous Christian, Samaritan and Jewish population of the area. Islam did not become the majority religion of Palestine until at least the 9th century and possibly even as late as the Mamluk era (1250 - 1516). This occurred simultaneously with acculturation of the locals into Arab identity and the establishment of Arabic as the lingua franca, which eventually became their sole vernacular.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamization_of_Palestine

the so called "Arabs" started moving in 640AD and got brutally forced out by the Isrealis in 1948-1967.

in contrast.. the Jews were removed from power in 135AD and came back in the 1900s to re-take the land.. and wondered why the "Arabs" got angry at them.

The Bar Kokhba revolt resulted in an extensive depopulation of Judean Jewish communities, more so than the Great Revolt of Judea of 70 CE.[7] Despite easing persecution of Jews following Hadrian's death in 138 CE, the Romans barred Jews from Jerusalem, except to attend it in Tisha B'Av. The Jews had become a devastated people - their cities were laid waste, over half a million killed and the survivors dispersed through the slave markets of the known world in a clear case of genocide.[8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bar_Kokhba_Revolt

so called "Arabs" living on the land for 1300+ years.

so called "Isrealis" removed from the land for 1800+ years.

Conclusion:
you cannot use history or 2000 year old religious books to justify the invasion of Palestine by Europeans colonists who call themselves Isrealis.

5flags

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 01:23:15 PM

Worth noting that many of the Jews who remained in the Levant became culturally Arabsied and Islamised. So many Palestinians are descended from Jews and Canaanites.

mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:25:33 PM

are they normal???
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/07/22/372386/give-israelis-nobel-peace-prize/

IOTA
Alphi

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 01:33:37 PM

Worth noting that many of the Jews who remained in the Levant became culturally Arabsied and Islamised. So many Palestinians are descended from Jews and Canaanites.

Indeed..

the Jews and Palestinians of that region are more closely related by blood than the Middle east Jews and European Jews.

you can see it in their faces.... but they cannot...

I wish someone would do a DNA census of all Isrealis and Palestinians and prove it to them.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: