Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:53:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is anyone following the Israel & Palestine Situation.  (Read 42603 times)
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:19:11 PM

if people are really interested in continuing the debate I would urge you to listen to this lecture.

it explains the occupation in great detail from the perspective of an Isreali man who's entire family was instrumental in the creation of the state of Isreal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVBlNiD1XdI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtMpwvZ4qlY

if you put your preconceptions to one side for a moment,  you might actually learn something...

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DannyElfman

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:42:38 PM

Just as a curiosity why won't Israel just let the Palestine trade normally with other countries
Besides the need of occupation and what not Hama's one demand seems fairly reasonable.
End the Gaza Blockade
http://metronews.ca/news/world/1102661/hamas-leader-demands-end-to-gaza-blockade/

“We cannot go back, we cannot go back to the silent death” of the blockade, he said. “Gaza has decided to end the blockade by its blood and by its courage.”

Israel allows many consumer goods into Gaza, but experts say Gaza’s economy cannot recover without a resumption of exports.

To me it sounds like a silent death, death by economic if not by military means.
Because they don't trade normally.

The reason the Israeli blockade even started was because they used to import a lot of rockets and various other weapons that they would later shot towards Israeli civilians - a basic question you didn't even ask.
The Egyptians also got their border with gaza closed for a good reason (they used to send terrorists into Egypt - and still do).

More so, Israel allows for goods to go into gaza so long as they inspect it, which hardly sounds like a silent death.

Instead of using the hundred of millions of dollars they are getting annually from various countries (and that's more than enough to sustain their people with 0 actual economy) to build a better life for their citizens, they use it to build tunnels that go into Israel, build rockets and create hideout for their weapons.

Yeah, totally reasonable.
I agree that Israel is doing what it is doing only so it can defend itself. It is also simply trying to be able to have it's people be able to live in it's holy land while gaza is not special to Hammas in any way. 

This spot for rent.
TheIrishman
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:20:54 PM

Gazans flee Israeli bombardment – into the path of more bombs

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/22/gaza-displaced-palestinians-not-safe

<< Thousands of Gazans attempt to find shelter as the UN estimates that more than 100,000 are displaced. >>
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:31:39 PM

God protect them  Embarrassed .
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:35:56 PM

God is busy and as long as people wait or fight for him, this mess won't stop!

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
TheIrishman
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:46:42 PM

I usually hate your posts but that one was spot on.
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 04:59:38 PM

Weird! Turns out I hate nobody or nobody's posts for disagreeing with me. I wasn't expecting anyone to agree with me on everything or vice-versa.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Alphi

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:25:43 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 12:46:36 AM by Alphi

God protect them  Embarrassed .

I agree.... if god exists at all people should know by now that God does not take sides.

god did not protect the jews when they were being persecuted by the nazis and god did not protect the Palestinians from being discriminated against and oppressed for more than 50 years by the Isrealis

regardless of what your religion is.. god will not reward or protect anyone who kills an innocent civilian no matter how they try to justify it.
and nor will international law.

nobody will protect hamas for what they have done, nobody will protect isreal for what they have done... they are on their own.

I will boycott this ridiculous senseless violence until the day I die.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
doggieTattoo

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:36:38 AM

Gazans flee Israeli bombardment – into the path of more bombs

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/22/gaza-displaced-palestinians-not-safe

<< Thousands of Gazans attempt to find shelter as the UN estimates that more than 100,000 are displaced. >>
Hammas is the one to blame for this as they are actively attacking Israel.

TIDEX ▬▬ .CRYPTO COINS AND ASSET TRADING. ▬▬ TIDEX
▬▬▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▬▬
NEW EXCHANGE   ZERO FEES
Smack That Ace (OP)
Legendary

Merit: 1094

Assalamu Alekum

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:32:11 AM

I think what you just said is the end of the story !!!

+1

Alphi

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:24:44 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 03:42:16 AM by Alphi

watch this debate from 2 years go... there are no Palestinians talking in this debate.
just two Jewish guys and one guy from the UK who was in Gaza...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfTviVqp_q4

even without Palestinians talking you can see how strong the Zionist rhetoric is.
you can also see that after two years, the Zionist rhetoric has not changed one bit (the same lines are being repeated over and over) and nor has the situation in Gaza.

this is not just about Isreal and Hamas.. this is also about Zionist propaganda war and using Rhetoric to attack anyone who doesn't agree with them, even their own fellow Jews.

this is the rhetoric coming out of Isreal.. everyone who does not agree with the occupation and brutal oppression is either Anti-Semetic or Pro Hamas even if they are Jewish.

this is the age of social media... the strong grip that the corporations once had on the news media is now broken. As we have seen from the various uprisings in the middle east, Government propaganda is no longer as effective as it once was. Hamas had lost the propaganda war a long time ago.. now Isreal is losing the propaganda war.

one by one around the world oppressive governments are collapsing...

petestheman

Activity: 406
Merit: 257

BINGO! BOUNTY MANAGEMENT

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 04:55:02 AM

Honestly the Israel & Palestine situation is a complex version of 2 little kids not wanting to share their sandbox with each other. Each of them saying it was mine first when they could easily divide it equally. Unfortunately one of them has the sandbox bully on their side so the other boy has no chance.

BINGO! BOUNTIES : BOUNTY AND COMMUNITY MANAGERS

FINDING CRYPTO PROJECTS WHICH CAN MAKE THIS WORLD A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE IN.
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 05:36:09 AM

Here is the what the news channels are portraying

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28282291

I find BBC still the most reliable source. Lost faith in all other channels
Another good one is Al Jazeera - English. A bit on the biased side but still not fabricated

The reality is all over social media and its funny because even though its real and actually happening as i write this but yet we ignore the truth and just go on with our daily lives.
Directly or Indirectly we are affected by its outcome but yet we dont speak for or against it.
I feel bad for the generations to come because as we surely wont be safe anywhere on the world.

I would want to suggest a Senior/Trusted member to start a charity or donation wallet where all the proceeds are sent to Palestine for the people who are being affected by this act of Terrorism.

I can even help by setting up a website, social media pages for the person who will be in charge.

I would really like to hear your opinion about this.

Regards

Duke

If they'd just kill each other off the world would be a better place.

I am so tired of religious wars.

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
shogdite

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:10:47 AM

'Witch Hunt': Fired MSNBC Contributor Speaks Out on Suppression of Israel-Palestine Debate

http://www.alternet.org/media/witch-hunt-fired-msnbc-contributor-speaks-out-networks-witch-hunt-and-suppression-israel

MSNBC contributor Rula Jebreal’s on-air protest of the network’s slanted coverage of Israel’s ongoing assault on the Gaza Strip has brought media suppression of the Israel-Palestine debate into sharp focus. Punished for her act of dissent with the cancellation of all future appearances and the termination of her contract, Jebreal spoke to me about what prompted her to speak out and why MSNBC was presenting such a distorted view of the crisis.

“I couldn’t stay silent after seeing the amount of airtime given to Israeli politicians versus Palestinians,” Jebreal told me. “They say we are balanced but their idea of balance is 90 percent Israeli guests and 10 percent Palestinians. This kind of media is what leads to the failing policies that we see in Gaza.”

She continued, “We as journalists are there to afflict the comfortable and who is comfortable in this case? Who is really endangering both sides and harming American interests in the region? It’s those enforcing the status quo of the siege of Gaza and the occupation of the West Bank.”

Jebreal said that in her two years as an MSNBC contributor, she had protested the network’s slanted coverage repeatedly in private conversations with producers. “I told them we have a serious issue here,” she explained. “But everybody’s intimidated by this pressure and if it’s not direct then it becomes self-censorship.”

With her criticism of her employer’s editorial line, she has become the latest casualty of the pro-Israel pressure. “I have been told to my face that I wasn’t invited on to shows because I was Palestinian,” Jebreal remarked. “I didn’t believe it at the time. Now I believe it.”

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
Smack That Ace (OP)
Legendary

Merit: 1094

Assalamu Alekum

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:14:39 AM

Here is the what the news channels are portraying

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28282291

I find BBC still the most reliable source. Lost faith in all other channels
Another good one is Al Jazeera - English. A bit on the biased side but still not fabricated

The reality is all over social media and its funny because even though its real and actually happening as i write this but yet we ignore the truth and just go on with our daily lives.
Directly or Indirectly we are affected by its outcome but yet we dont speak for or against it.
I feel bad for the generations to come because as we surely wont be safe anywhere on the world.

I would want to suggest a Senior/Trusted member to start a charity or donation wallet where all the proceeds are sent to Palestine for the people who are being affected by this act of Terrorism.

I can even help by setting up a website, social media pages for the person who will be in charge.

I would really like to hear your opinion about this.

Regards

Duke

If they'd just kill each other off the world would be a better place.

I am so tired of religious wars.

Wow dutchmen. I really hope you didnt mean what you just said, no offence but that notion just shows what level of arrogance we are dealing with.
Why dont the americans stop fighting the whole world. OR wait why dont they just kill all the blacks and mexicans and muslims so there is no more war.
Just because you dont understand whats going on doesnt mean you come up with such random remarks

I am really disappointed man

Alphi

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:42:14 AM

'Witch Hunt': Fired MSNBC Contributor Speaks Out on Suppression of Israel-Palestine Debate

http://www.alternet.org/media/witch-hunt-fired-msnbc-contributor-speaks-out-networks-witch-hunt-and-suppression-israel

MSNBC contributor Rula Jebreal’s on-air protest of the network’s slanted coverage of Israel’s ongoing assault on the Gaza Strip has brought media suppression of the Israel-Palestine debate into sharp focus. Punished for her act of dissent with the cancellation of all future appearances and the termination of her contract, Jebreal spoke to me about what prompted her to speak out and why MSNBC was presenting such a distorted view of the crisis.

“I couldn’t stay silent after seeing the amount of airtime given to Israeli politicians versus Palestinians,” Jebreal told me. “They say we are balanced but their idea of balance is 90 percent Israeli guests and 10 percent Palestinians. This kind of media is what leads to the failing policies that we see in Gaza.”

She continued, “We as journalists are there to afflict the comfortable and who is comfortable in this case? Who is really endangering both sides and harming American interests in the region? It’s those enforcing the status quo of the siege of Gaza and the occupation of the West Bank.”

Jebreal said that in her two years as an MSNBC contributor, she had protested the network’s slanted coverage repeatedly in private conversations with producers. “I told them we have a serious issue here,” she explained. “But everybody’s intimidated by this pressure and if it’s not direct then it becomes self-censorship.”

With her criticism of her employer’s editorial line, she has become the latest casualty of the pro-Israel pressure. “I have been told to my face that I wasn’t invited on to shows because I was Palestinian,” Jebreal remarked. “I didn’t believe it at the time. Now I believe it.”

there are plenty of other news services around she doesn't need to work for assholes.

Alphi

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:58:32 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 09:14:13 AM by Alphi

a fascinating and intellectual debate about the Zionist movement and the current government in Isreal.

it is well balanced with people being able to speak from all sides.. 3 prominent Jews/Isrealis and one Palestinian.

definitely worth watching if you are interested in the background of the current situation in Isreal/Palestine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdAeFcytcZ8

LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 09:09:10 AM

I do not give the slightest Satoshi about the religious wars of these primitive and superstitious peoples.

Quarrantine them and if they try to get out of the box; well, then................................

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
5flags

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 10:40:10 AM

In answer to the question "Is anyone following" - yes.

We have the regional nuclear super power, backed by the global nuclear super power, raining terror down on a defenceless civilian population. The civilian death toll is currently higher (as a percentage) than the Gaza Massacre of 2008/2009, and threatens to be higher in absolute terms by the end.

Israeli propagandists are currently trying (with limited success) to portray Israel as the victim. Hashtag IsraelUnderFire.

Hamas has presented terms for a ceasefire, still waiting to see what will happen there.

Israel has committed numerous, serious prima facie war crimes so far. The correct response from the PA would be to refer Israel's crimes to the ICC, what is actually happening is that the PA is adopting the Israeli line.

http://5fla.gs - @5flags on Twitter
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:00:14 AM

Honestly the Israel & Palestine situation is a complex version of 2 little kids not wanting to share their sandbox with each other. Each of them saying it was mine first when they could easily divide it equally. Unfortunately one of them has the sandbox bully on their side so the other boy has no chance.

Not as simple as that. The Israelis are having USA on their side, but Barack Obama is not as much pro-Israeli as his predecessors. On the other hand, emerging powers such as Saudi Arabia and Egypt are supporting the Palestinians.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: