Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:30:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 262 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions!  (Read 380965 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 10:05:52 PM

5.20% interest per year if you:

1. Have UTC in wallet
2. Don't spend it during that year
3. Have wallet online all year
4. Have wallet unlocked for minting, do this like so:

I think the proof-of-stake in this coin is not good, you need to keep your coins for a year in the wallet? Cool
also have the wallet connected al year, what if you loose your internet conection? do you need to start counting a year again?

maybe the developers could improve that part of the coin, make the proof-of-stake pay every week?

You get a small stake about every 20minutes. This over a year will equal about 5% of your wallet if you leave it open and on. You don't have to! I just have it staking when my laptop in on
Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 10:26:36 PM

I think Bittrex are de-listing UTC today!?

$8 in volume in the last 24 hours on Crytpsy. I dont know whether to laugh or cry! We are going to crash like Crave has if the dev doesn't start doing things

also 10 days ago you said the website would be ready in 2-3 days . . .just saying

price continues to fall
dan_and_shan

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 10:04:38 AM

5.20% interest per year if you:

1. Have UTC in wallet
2. Don't spend it during that year
3. Have wallet online all year
4. Have wallet unlocked for minting, do this like so:

I think the proof-of-stake in this coin is not good, you need to keep your coins for a year in the wallet? Cool
also have the wallet connected al year, what if you loose your internet conection? do you need to start counting a year again?

maybe the developers could improve that part of the coin, make the proof-of-stake pay every week?

you can just let the wallet run once a month for 6 hours or so , 
your stake amount accumulates over time, so instead of staking a % of a coin you will stake several coins at once, as you will have a much higher stake amount. depending on your balance of course   Grin

Don't take life too serious, No one gets out alive Wink
dan_and_shan

Activity: 433

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 10:21:54 AM

Hey guys,

Sorry for the late reply, the website is almost done and should be finished within a few days. The pools are being converted into anonymous pools which will automate the payout process which will avoid the current predicament. The block explorer and pools will also be restructured and moved under the ultracoin.net domain. I will be working on the ultracoin shop which will sell t shirts and other UTC merchandise. The NFC technology and ATM can be easily done, I will be drumming up investor support to see such projects come to fruition as the capital required is beyond the scope of the management team. The mobile applications are available but are not streamlined enough for practical use, we will be looking into work arounds which might include selective blockchain downloading or online hosting. I will be reaching out to DCgirl to see if she would like to take on the marketplace project as she has done in the past. Lastly, I will give an update on the current status of the NF and block reward update soon. Of course, actions speak louder than words, we have been dropping the ball lately, expect that to change.

Sincerely,

Steven "Rapture"
Management Director
Steven@Ultracoin.com
Ultracoin

How are things comming along? we could use some good news about now Smiley

Don't take life too serious, No one gets out alive Wink
Radouch

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 12:31:17 PM

It seems http://ultracointalk.org/ is down for a long time, isn't it? And pools are still off?
Is anybody trying to solve it?
sambiohazard

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 01:45:14 PM

there isn't much volume on exchanges or i would suspect that they are cashing out and abandoning ship. Its clear that they dont have the skills needed to run this coin smoothly. Every problem hangs around for months & then some patches happen but problem isn't solved and it reoccurs. I wonder if all those plans for reward reduction & business were part of pump & dump exit strategy which obviously didnt work as it was pooh-pooed on by Beave. Now they seem stuck and need to solve some problems to pump the price & exit.

I don't know if scrypt-jane coins pose some specific challenges or a flaw in the design but they dont seem to be up to it. Also they never seek to build partnerships. They want everything coming from them, the pools, block explorer, problem solving, decisions. Please open up and ask for help if you cant solve the problem yourself. Take advantage of open source nature of this project.

I hope you haven't abandoned the coin its a great experiment but it surely is suffering from poor management.
rapture333

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 05:36:17 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2015, 05:49:07 AM by rapture333

there isn't much volume on exchanges or i would suspect that they are cashing out and abandoning ship. Its clear that they dont have the skills needed to run this coin smoothly. Every problem hangs around for months & then some patches happen but problem isn't solved and it reoccurs. I wonder if all those plans for reward reduction & business were part of pump & dump exit strategy which obviously didnt work as it was pooh-pooed on by Beave. Now they seem stuck and need to solve some problems to pump the price & exit.

I don't know if scrypt-jane coins pose some specific challenges or a flaw in the design but they dont seem to be up to it. Also they never seek to build partnerships. They want everything coming from them, the pools, block explorer, problem solving, decisions. Please open up and ask for help if you cant solve the problem yourself. Take advantage of open source nature of this project.

I hope you haven't abandoned the coin its a great experiment but it surely is suffering from poor management.

I am still here, I am currently out of town and away from my desktop, I should be getting back towards the end of the month and able to address more of your concerns. Thanks for bringing up Ultracointalk.org, I am not sure what is going on with it but I will call the host tomorrow to get it ironed out. As far as the new website, it was 90% done last time I saw it, just some final custom tweaks needed to be made, I'll get in contact with the designer and see what's the hold up. Like I said, I am in this project to the very end, there's no pump and dumping going on, at least not from me. Easily said by hard to believe, but I have never sold any of Ultracoin. I have been a part of Ultracoin because I truly do believe what we are doing is a noble cause that has the power to change the world. I am going to call Kracko in the morning and figure out what is going on once and for all. Just know that there are other developers who are interested in coming aboard, and we are going to start paying our developers for their services as asking people to work for free just hasn't worked out well for us, and barely covers the stress and work load. It's time to get serious, and one thing we never had was money, but I am going to coordinate between myself and a few investors to start injecting capital into this project, lest we keep hitting the glass ceiling forever.

As far as management goes me and Kracko have virtually been on our man. Paul and Fabian did a fantastic service to the coin by reliving the previous team from their position, those who have been here long enough remember it. That has left the ball in Kracko and I's court for the better part of the past year. Unfortunately there is only so much I can do as my programming knowledge is limited, running the pool's, running the website, modifying parameters of the coin have all fallen on Kracko. This has put a lot of pressure on the both of us to perform, pressure which comes with the positions we've volunteered for. Unfortunately, that means there are no contingencies if something were to happen to us, our work schedules, etc that could effect our performance and dedication to the project. From here on out, we are going to have to outsource like some of you have said. In the past, we took on everything because there was noone else out there willing to do it, or at least not for free. The fact that more pools have popped up and the community continues to grow and stay active has been very heart warming, and now that capital is flowing, I believe we can soon thrive if we try. I will be investigating all of our options when I get home, and I will also make withdrawls from the pools my number one priority as that has mostly been the pool operators responsibility however it is now a consistant issue that needs to be resolved ASAP.

Sincerely,

Steven "Rapture"
Management Director
Steven@Ultracoin.net
Ultracoin

Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:24:03 AM

The price for this coin have been in a steady decline for over a month, and now you are coming here saying that you'll be out of town until the end of this month?

I think it may be time to either call it quits or officially start recruiting replacements for yourself and kracko as the two of you clearly don't have the time to support this project anymore. That may sound harsh, but I'd rather see the coin survive then to be left to rot because the devs don't have time for it. The two of you certainly did "save" the coin and have had your time working on it, but the longer the current state continues, the worse it gets.

Regarding the pool issues: There simply isn't any excuse for how long they have been in a less than 100% functioning state...NONE! If the pool operator cannot (or is unwilling to) fix the problems, kick him/her to the curb and hire on somebody that CAN operate a working pool.
rapture333

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 01:38:21 PM

The price for this coin have been in a steady decline for over a month, and now you are coming here saying that you'll be out of town until the end of this month?

I think it may be time to either call it quits or officially start recruiting replacements for yourself and kracko as the two of you clearly don't have the time to support this project anymore. That may sound harsh, but I'd rather see the coin survive then to be left to rot because the devs don't have time for it. The two of you certainly did "save" the coin and have had your time working on it, but the longer the current state continues, the worse it gets.

Regarding the pool issues: There simply isn't any excuse for how long they have been in a less than 100% functioning state...NONE! If the pool operator cannot (or is unwilling to) fix the problems, kick him/her to the curb and hire on somebody that CAN operate a working pool.

Everytime I put out an ad for others to join the team or help I get no responses. Who do you expect to step up and take the plate? Without money, there's no incentive, and the only ones willing to work for free have been me and Kracko.

sambiohazard

Activity: 840

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:05:02 PM

I am still here, I am currently out of town and away from my desktop, I should be getting back towards the end of the month and able to address more of your concerns. Thanks for bringing up Ultracointalk.org, I am not sure what is going on with it but I will call the host tomorrow to get it ironed out. As far as the new website, it was 90% done last time I saw it, just some final custom tweaks needed to be made, I'll get in contact with the designer and see what's the hold up. Like I said, I am in this project to the very end, there's no pump and dumping going on, at least not from me. Easily said by hard to believe, but I have never sold any of Ultracoin. I have been a part of Ultracoin because I truly do believe what we are doing is a noble cause that has the power to change the world. I am going to call Kracko in the morning and figure out what is going on once and for all. Just know that there are other developers who are interested in coming aboard, and we are going to start paying our developers for their services as asking people to work for free just hasn't worked out well for us, and barely covers the stress and work load. It's time to get serious, and one thing we never had was money, but I am going to coordinate between myself and a few investors to start injecting capital into this project, lest we keep hitting the glass ceiling forever.

As far as management goes me and Kracko have virtually been on our man. Paul and Fabian did a fantastic service to the coin by reliving the previous team from their position, those who have been here long enough remember it. That has left the ball in Kracko and I's court for the better part of the past year. Unfortunately there is only so much I can do as my programming knowledge is limited, running the pool's, running the website, modifying parameters of the coin have all fallen on Kracko. This has put a lot of pressure on the both of us to perform, pressure which comes with the positions we've volunteered for. Unfortunately, that means there are no contingencies if something were to happen to us, our work schedules, etc that could effect our performance and dedication to the project. From here on out, we are going to have to outsource like some of you have said. In the past, we took on everything because there was noone else out there willing to do it, or at least not for free. The fact that more pools have popped up and the community continues to grow and stay active has been very heart warming, and now that capital is flowing, I believe we can soon thrive if we try. I will be investigating all of our options when I get home, and I will also make withdrawls from the pools my number one priority as that has mostly been the pool operators responsibility however it is now a consistant issue that needs to be resolved ASAP.

Sincerely,

Steven "Rapture"
Management Director
Steven@Ultracoin.net
Ultracoin

Thanks for replying. I can understand your position but what Fuzzbawls said is also true especially about pools. I think this coin doesn't have a community backing it that believes in this coin. There are only profit seekers. I have seen MINT working great with donations from community & small core of believing investors rather than speculators. I guess if people start donating both money & expertise then only coin can survive. Its just not possible for two people to do everything. If there are others say 10 other people who want to donate I can donate too. Although I don't have a lot of money but whatever i can afford i will do. I hope you find some believers from crypto community rather than from outside to kick start things. This will relieve pressure of ROI for investors. When basic things like pools, explorers ie more than one, website, connection with exchanges & some volume & liquidity in trading etc are in place and your plans for a market are fully finished you can approach outside investors who don't understand crypto but want to invest for profit. I hope this makes sense.
Marnie1976

Activity: 275

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:35:50 PM

Indeed.....
This community has a big part of profit seekers and speculators.
They want to speculate and want profit but don’t want to do anything for this coin.
They don’t want to donate some financial help or don’t want to help with expertise.

In the past there were several donations actions to help UTC.
Only a handful of true community members and believers helped by donating.
At those moments of need the biggest shouters and trollers kept quit or looked away till the storm was over.

Stevan asked many many times before for some expertise and help from the community.
And ques what: Again, at those moments the biggest shouters and trollers kept quit or looked away.

What can we expect of Stevan, Kracko, Fabian and Paul, serious members who invested serious private time and a lot of private money for this coin.
They cannot do this for ever by their own while the rest is sitting down and just are waiting what’s happening.
Shouting and trolling will not motivate them at all.
The need helpful expertise and some donating actions to bring UTC higher.

So sambiohazard you are totally correct:
If people start donating both, money & expertise, then this coin can survive.

I invested in the last 1,5 year about a view BTC for several donation actions for this coin.
This is the only thing I can do because I have no expertise at al.

But I believed and still believe in UTC and I have some money so this is what I could do in the past and I am willing to do it again in the future if needed.

I see at this moment the team is all about Steven and Kracko;  so guy's if you have some good ideas for UTC and need some donation actions please start them.

It is also a good possibility to check if this community (a part of them) want to put their money where their mouths shout loudly.
And it is also a good check if community members really love this coin and want to invest private time by helping this coin with their expertise to help Stevan and Kracko.

Roister01

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 06:21:26 PM

Hi folks,

I know i'm just a newbie, but I wanted to say thanks to the management team, and the effort they have made in keeping this coin going. It can't be easy, especially if they also have other jobs to attend to. I have very litttle in the way of computer skills (still haven't worked out how to mine the stuff!), otherwise I would help. I have however helped in the way of buying UTC, and have built up quite a stock. However, I am not sure that it is the best thing to be doing. If all we have are a hundred or so folks with a percent or so of coins, what will be the point? It will never be adopted as a credible currency due to lack of availability/liquidity...what should be done for the best?

Cheers,

Roi
mik57

Activity: 225
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 04:56:38 PM

I want my money back on ultrablockparty please.

Admin can be nice ? I still have more than 17,000 utc stuck over there !

That's a huge amount!

The big question is: is there a possibility that the admin forces a manual payout for a certain account? If that's the case, then there's no problem, i can prove i'm the owner of the account as i have the email address.

Best regards!

Send me a PM with your account name and email address and I'll arrange a manual payout.

Kracko have you received my PM of 22/07? For manual payout please  Wink

Thank You

UP ! 2 ½ months ... I'm stuck on ultrablockparty 17381 hostage!
barbados-fs

Activity: 837
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 08:02:57 PM

Indeed.....
This community has a big part of profit seekers and speculators.
They want to speculate and want profit but don’t want to do anything for this coin.
They don’t want to donate some financial help or don’t want to help with expertise.

In the past there were several donations actions to help UTC.
Only a handful of true community members and believers helped by donating.
At those moments of need the biggest shouters and trollers kept quit or looked away till the storm was over.

Stevan asked many many times before for some expertise and help from the community.
And ques what: Again, at those moments the biggest shouters and trollers kept quit or looked away.

What can we expect of Stevan, Kracko, Fabian and Paul, serious members who invested serious private time and a lot of private money for this coin.
They cannot do this for ever by their own while the rest is sitting down and just are waiting what’s happening.
Shouting and trolling will not motivate them at all.
The need helpful expertise and some donating actions to bring UTC higher.

So sambiohazard you are totally correct:
If people start donating both, money & expertise, then this coin can survive.

I invested in the last 1,5 year about a view BTC for several donation actions for this coin.
This is the only thing I can do because I have no expertise at al.

But I believed and still believe in UTC and I have some money so this is what I could do in the past and I am willing to do it again in the future if needed.

I see at this moment the team is all about Steven and Kracko;  so guy's if you have some good ideas for UTC and need some donation actions please start them.

It is also a good possibility to check if this community (a part of them) want to put their money where their mouths shout loudly.
And it is also a good check if community members really love this coin and want to invest private time by helping this coin with their expertise to help Stevan and Kracko.

Buddy, what do you consider a donation to UTC? I bought equipment for mining UTC on $4,8K I was scrambling to UTC from the beginning. Paid $85 a month for electricity, which spent my maps. I don't sell anything, only keep. 40K UTC I stole mintpal
Now my equipment is broken - it was flooded with water.
I don't sell my UTC. It isn't a sacrifice for UTC?

Now my wallet is open 24/7 365 days. He just opened.

What do I have to do to UTC?

"Coздaть ceнcopнyю ceть гopoдa - этo нe дopoгo, нe cлoжнo и пo cooтнoшeнию зaтpaты / эффeкт для гopoдa - нeoцeнимo! He нyжнo ждaть пoкa кopпopaции и гocyдapcтвa cдeлaют тaкиe ceнcopныe ceти и бyдyт иx oбcлyживaть - этo бyдeт дopoгo и бyдeт coбиpaть бoльшe дaнныx o нac c вaми, чeм мы бы этoгo xoтeли!" (c)Aira.life
Roister01

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:16:37 PM

Hi folks...

Just wondered, with the recent concerns about BTC block size, and the threat of 'dust' upsetting the whole system, would UTC cope better with this type of 'attack' because of the fast 6 second transaction times?
Grim

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 11:48:19 AM

It seems after yac, UTC is the 2nd best target for botnets (thousands of cpu miners).
Look at the hashrate fluctuations (besides the diff retarget being one of the worst as well)

To reverse to nfactor 15 should be a VERY high priority now, 2nd to that (but really not that important) should be a fix to the diff retarget.

jcgw

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 08:36:45 PM

I hope so, and very soon.  Smiley
Roister01

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 09:29:01 PM

What does this mean, to a layperson?
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 10:22:06 PM

What does this mean, to a layperson?

Roister01

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 10:31:29 PM

Haha...sorry I asked...Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 262 »
  Print  

Jump to: