Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:16:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 262 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions!  (Read 380965 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:59:41 AM

Steven - anything happen with this?

And lastly, I received an e-mail earlier today from the "World Bitcoin, Digital Money & Payment Systems Conference 2014” inviting Ultracoin to speak at the Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand on November 11th & 12th of 2014. I will have to speak with the rest of the management team about our official response, but it is an honour to be invited to another conference on such short notice!

--

--
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 06:34:17 AM

UTC market cap passed £500,000 today.  Grin
fabietech

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:48:40 AM

UTC needs an Android wallet - urgently

Its crazy at this stage that it still does not have one.

Its essential for mass adoption and day to day use of the coin for "real world" things - on the run.

and of course an IPhone equivalent

AND

if you have got some spare time - check this out.

Its the simplest wallet you might ever imagine.  It really works.

http://cryptap.us/myr/jswallet/    anyone can use this in about 15 seconds

Personally I was stunned when I discovered this one.

Dear Usukan,

The Android wallet is something that UTC needs offcource.
There is only a big problem in developing android wallets for Script-N that is why this takes so long.

jacobshm

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:56:04 PM

I think if you make a web based wallet optimized for mobile it will be good enough for now. You dont need a native application, its not like you can use it when your offline anyhow.

Usukan, that myriad wallet works amazingly well, it looks opensource too...

Please stop trying to develop apps, i think this can be accomplished so much faster and cheaper

Ps keep it up, loving the bew price
rapture333

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 04:47:16 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2014, 06:04:59 PM by rapture333

@Usukan

The Thailand conference was just too many worlds away, it would have also been a very expensive trip. We are open to open any future conferences, and if the community wanted to suggest any, we would be more than happy to reach out to the event organizer to see if we can get Ultracoin involved.

The Android/iOS wallet is a must, and unfortunately as Fabietech says, Scrypt-N coins are notoriously difficult to create the mobile applications for.

@jacobshm

An online wallet with apps that merely connect to the online wallet is actually the exact thing we had in mind, that or an electrum solution. If any of you have used the Coinbase app, it is essentially the same thing, with the added benefit of 2 factor security, plus if your phone is lost or stolen, it is much more secure. In my opinion online based wallets are far superior to wallets integrated into the actual phone or even electrum based. This is currently the solution are talking about now. It should also benefit non phone users and give Ultracoin users a safe place to store and access their coins, unlike exchanges which always have the possibility of going defunct or rogue.

usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 07:33:04 PM

Thanks Steven - I will be happy with any wallet I can use on my phone - web based sounds fine. Coinbase clone would be great.

Cheers

@Usukan

The Thailand conference was just too many worlds away, it would have also been a very expensive trip. We are open to open any future conferences, and if the community wanted to suggest any, we would be more than happy to reach out to the event organizer to see if we can get Ultracoin involved.

The Android/iOS wallet is a must, and unfortunately as Fabietech says, Scrypt-N coins are notoriously difficult to create the mobile applications for.

@jacobshm

An online wallet with apps that merely connect to the online wallet is actually the exact thing we had in mind, that or an electrum solution. If any of you have used the Coinbase app, it is essentially the same thing, with the added benefit of 2 factor security, plus if your phone is lost or stolen, it is much more secure. In my opinion online based wallets are far superior to wallets integrated into the actual phone or even electrum based. This is currently the solution are talking about now. It should also benefit non phone users and give Ultracoin users a safe place to store and access their coins, unlike exchanges which always have the possibility of going defunct or rogue.

--

--
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 08:47:12 PM

UTC is doing amazingly well lately.Well done, guys!
jacobshm

Activity: 91

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:26:10 AM

@Usukan

@jacobshm

and the real benefit is if you use any kind of bookmark sync software, your coins are virtually indestructible. you can lose your phone, lose your pc and still have access while the server side cant be hacked (theoretically)

the problem with pc wallets or phone wallets is you may lose the device without backing up, but EVERYBODY has somekind of bookmark backup, whether its icloud, xmarks or google. i think at this point you would have to actively turn off bookmark sync on your devices...
opper

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:38:07 AM

Really hope more miners @ http://utc.tumblingblock.com/ setting 1% or 2% donation as these funds go for future development and promotion for UTC. Now that this pool got the attention it deserves and the dev (Kracko) made that all the donations are pointed @ the right direction I personally do not see a reason why not to donate 1-2% for development and promotion. Lets hope more members of the mining community will join the cause.

Best Regards

DK
Uggle

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:44:24 PM

Look at the volume ! We are really flying, I think we have a new base price  Cheesy

UTC UTC UTC
rapture333

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 03:07:20 PM

Look at the volume ! We are really flying, I think we have a new base price  Cheesy

Let's keep it that way, all your homework is for this week is to give out 5 paper wallets and 1 e-mail to a crypto accepting business asking them to accept Ultracoin Smiley

http://tumblingblock.com/generate-wallet.html

ultradar

Activity: 63

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:13:59 PM

Look at the volume ! We are really flying, I think we have a new base price  Cheesy

Let's keep it that way, all your homework is for this week is to give out 5 paper wallets and 1 e-mail to a crypto accepting business asking them to accept Ultracoin Smiley

i think from now and on its very difficult for utc to get through 0.00013-15 range...it looks like there some serious selling walls we have to face before we go to 0.0002 range...and if we want to get mentioned or draw attention we need to be in the top 20 of marketcap at least so some big players will embrace the ultracoin speed and we will be established as more mature coin..also we need some good news on the development side too for this to happen..But im a little bit worried and i dont know if we can get all of this done..even though that the price its not allways the most important thing at this stages in cryptos you must show some strong marketcap if you want to survive and this can be done only if we are on the top 10-20..no lower than that.regards
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 09:25:34 PM

Erm, we are in the top twenty mineable coins on coinmarketcap. Position number 17 actually. Go UTC!  Cool
fabietech

Activity: 298

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:58:58 PM

Dear Members of the community!!

We just hit $ 1.000.000 on market cap Smiley we all love UTC!! lets keep this flow going and promote it everywhere we go!!!

http://coinmarketcap.com/

funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 11:56:16 PM

i think from now and on its very difficult for utc to get through 0.00013-15 range...it looks like there some serious selling walls we have to face before we go to 0.0002 range...and if we want to get mentioned or draw attention we need to be in the top 20 of marketcap at least so some big players will embrace the ultracoin speed and we will be established as more mature coin..also we need some good news on the development side too for this to happen..But im a little bit worried and i dont know if we can get all of this done..even though that the price its not allways the most important thing at this stages in cryptos you must show some strong marketcap if you want to survive and this can be done only if we are on the top 10-20..no lower than that.regards

I agree. It's important we are seen and get seen. Make every Bitcoin owner aware of Ultracon the same was everyone knows about Litecoin and Dogecoin. What you mentioned about getting big players in is also important. Counterparty have the CEO of Overstock as a heavy investor for example! From which they have been able to get the best devs into create a replica of Ethereum, which is their game changer. At the end of the day the cryptos that are adopted by the big companies are the ones that will flourish. Paypal, Amazon, ebay, postal services, facebook, microsoft, Gas stations, walmart, godaddy etc etc etc etc.

It is still very early days with altcoins so who knows where or what will happen, but we all cant afford to stand still and constant development is a must in order to not just 'keep up', but to be at the forefront of technology attracting investors, and more importantly real world adoption.
mizultra

Activity: 76

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 05:05:55 AM

WE NEED THE UTC ANDROID WALLET!!!

http://ultracoin.net/ - Ultracoin Website  |   http://ultracoinpool.info/ - Ultracoin Pool
rapture333

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 05:14:08 PM

@funsponge

I completely agree with you, especially on the grounds that we are not just here to play catch-up, ultimately in order to succeed we need to set ourselves apart from the rest of the pack, and a part of the answer to that is getting accepted by big businesses. Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how you frame it, we are in the catch-up phase. We are in the process of re-designing everything, and I mean everything, from the ground up. Refreshing our image with the new logo, re-designing the website, creating marketing drop kits and tools like the paper wallet generator and exploring different marketing venues are all a part of an important process that can go a long way at this stage in the cryptocurrency game. Of course, marketing is only so good on its own, which is where developments come in to play, Kracko is working on a wallet update which information will be leaked closer to the release, we are also working on restructuring pools for the betterment of the network and looking for unofficial pool operators, working with a partner on the one click wallet and much more. Essentially, we need to build out before we can build up, in other words, we need to offer at least what our competition offers before we can do things like get accepted by big businesses or attract large partnerships. I will say one thing, there is no doubt in my mind that people have an interest in Ultracoin, especially wealthy and powerful people.

The fact that we are top 30 from where we used to be months ago shows what a turn around and transformation Ultracoin has gone through. We have surpassed our closest rival, Vertcoin (Scrypt-N) which seems to be abandoning ship because they relied to heavily on the fact that they are ASIC Resistant (which is no longer true, Scrypt-N ASIC's will be released Q1 2015, we talked about this at Hashers United) and not enough on real world applicable goals. We need to have so much to offer, that even if ASIC's came in, no one would care.

I am from the restaurant industry, and oversee both QSR's and sit-down restaurants, I understand that from a business perspective, I can't accept Ultracoin in those restaurants unless: there is a stability in the price floor, there is an easy way for customers to pay and staff to accept payments, there is a secure way to secure coins, and there is liquidity. If you can understand what drives and motivates the thought process of businesses, you can curtail a coin that will meet those desires. For instance, I would never accept a coin like Sync, because even though Sync is worth a lot of money, who the heck owns Sync? What is the distribution like? Who accepts Sync? Why would people want to own Sync? Etc.

Right now, we are in the catch-up phase, whether we like it or not. But because we understand that, we are not handicapped by our own ignorance. Soon, we will surpass this stage, and from that point moving forward, who is there to stop us from achieving our goals, from partnering with giants, from increasing our user base? At that point it is only ourselves.

So my answer again is, Ultracoin can be a success, if you want it.

utcminer

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

http://ultracoin.net/ - Ultracoin Website http://c

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 06:42:21 PM

@funsponge

I completely agree with you, especially on the grounds that we are not just here to play catch-up, ultimately in order to succeed we need to set ourselves apart from the rest of the pack, and a part of the answer to that is getting accepted by big businesses. Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how you frame it, we are in the catch-up phase. We are in the process of re-designing everything, and I mean everything, from the ground up. Refreshing our image with the new logo, re-designing the website, creating marketing drop kits and tools like the paper wallet generator and exploring different marketing venues are all a part of an important process that can go a long way at this stage in the cryptocurrency game. Of course, marketing is only so good on its own, which is where developments come in to play, Kracko is working on a wallet update which information will be leaked closer to the release, we are also working on restructuring pools for the betterment of the network and looking for unofficial pool operators, working with a partner on the one click wallet and much more. Essentially, we need to build out before we can build up, in other words, we need to offer at least what our competition offers before we can do things like get accepted by big businesses or attract large partnerships. I will say one thing, there is no doubt in my mind that people have an interest in Ultracoin, especially wealthy and powerful people.

The fact that we are top 30 from where we used to be months ago shows what a turn around and transformation Ultracoin has gone through. We have surpassed our closest rival, Vertcoin (Scrypt-N) which seems to be abandoning ship because they relied to heavily on the fact that they are ASIC Resistant (which is no longer true, Scrypt-N ASIC's will be released Q1 2015, we talked about this at Hashers United) and not enough on real world applicable goals. We need to have so much to offer, that even if ASIC's came in, no one would care.

I am from the restaurant industry, and oversee both QSR's and sit-down restaurants, I understand that from a business perspective, I can't accept Ultracoin in those restaurants unless: there is a stability in the price floor, there is an easy way for customers to pay and staff to accept payments, there is a secure way to secure coins, and there is liquidity. If you can understand what drives and motivates the thought process of businesses, you can curtail a coin that will meet those desires. For instance, I would never accept a coin like Sync, because even though Sync is worth a lot of money, who the heck owns Sync? What is the distribution like? Who accepts Sync? Why would people want to own Sync? Etc.

Right now, we are in the catch-up phase, whether we like it or not. But because we understand that, we are not handicapped by our own ignorance. Soon, we will surpass this stage, and from that point moving forward, who is there to stop us from achieving our goals, from partnering with giants, from increasing our user base? At that point it is only ourselves.

Ultracoin will be a success, beacuse i want it

http://ultracoin.net/ - Ultracoin Website
http://cryptotrain.net/ - Ultracoin Multipool
http://ultracoinpool.info/ - Ultracoin Pool
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:12:23 AM

@funsponge

Ultracoin will be a success, beacuse i want it
I also desire this.
nanoprobe
Legendary

Activity: 980

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:00:01 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2014, 02:12:51 PM by nanoprobe

When is there going to be a wallet update? The staking issue showning as 0 sent needs to be fixed.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
Never look back, something might be gaining on you.
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 262 »
  Print  

Jump to: