Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:02:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 [651] 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170602 times)
sscott1958

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:05:33 AM

Concerning uray's v2 pool http://burst-pool2.cryptoport.io

What does the Balance column refer to when you look at your stats at his pool? My thought was that was your Burstcoin Balance before it is sent out to your wallet. I am hoping I am wrong because I keep getting a balance and then it disappears with no Burstcoin sent.

I am having some reservations about these pools, the Burst calculator says I should be making 5000 a day but I rarely make 1000. I am mining with 14 TB but it doesn't seem to be worth it.

Thanks in advance.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yellowduck2

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:11:48 AM

What does the Balance column refer to when you look at your stats at his pool? My thought was that was your Burstcoin Balance before it is sent out to your wallet. I am hoping I am wrong because I keep getting a balance and then it disappears with no Burstcoin sent.

I am having some reservations about these pools, the Burst calculator says I should be making 5000 a day but I rarely make 1000. I am mining with 14 TB but it doesn't seem to be worth it.

Thanks in advance.

The thread slowly turning better until your message came up (mining question)
sscott1958

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:23:49 AM

Thanks in advance.

and I did something wrong? If this is not the proper place would you be so kind as to point me to the proper place?
Superxfast

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:27:49 AM

Dear dcct,

I plot on 2 servers, and both servers create the same name of plot file. If both servers have them same plot file name, will the pool support this.

Best Rgrds,

Dear all

Code:
./plot -k <public key> -s 100000 -n 500G -m 10G -t 3

<public key> is different from account id, right?  If it is, how can I get my public key in my burst wallet.

Thanks and Rgrds

Public key is your numeric account ID

Irontiga

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:29:34 AM

Thanks in advance.

and I did something wrong? If this is not the proper place would you be so kind as to point me to the proper place?

burstforum.com Wink
sscott1958

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:56:25 AM

Thanks in advance.

burstforum.com Wink

Thanks, found the info I needed.
abctc
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1038

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:57:42 AM

The owners of 1000Burst asset at Nxt Asset Exchange - please withdraw your BURST coins from Burst gateway with 5% interest (5% more BURST coins).

Just transfer your 1000BURST assets (not less than 1 asset) to the issuing account (NXT-VVTV-U25N-U2FY-2V35H) and in the attached message place your BURST address (in alpha-numeric format, like BURST-MCHC-LBKK-ZLZY-C3XL5).

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

, the Next platform.  Magis quam Moneta (More than a Coin)
BChydro

Activity: 1426
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 07:00:33 AM

The owners of 1000Burst asset at Nxt Asset Exchange - please withdraw your BURST coins from Burst gateway with 5% interest (5% more BURST coins).

Just transfer your 1000BURST assets (not less than 1 asset) to the issuing account (NXT-VVTV-U25N-U2FY-2V35H) and in the attached message place your BURST address (in alpha-numeric format, like BURST-MCHC-LBKK-ZLZY-C3XL5).
Major respect for following up and giving everyone their coins back!
soronto

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 07:17:16 AM

Lucky day. I have found 6 blocks (solo 30 TB).
fanepatent

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 07:20:03 AM

Skype support on http://mine.burstcoin.info is now available.
If you have any questions or problems click the "Chat on Skype" link below the How to mine and How it works links.
Also email is available for support. But I'd rather not post it on a public forum.
Spread the news, bring miners, buy shares and see them grow in value.

BURST - BURST-58XP-63WY-XSVQ-ASG9A
tex81

Activity: 145

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 07:54:28 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2014, 08:25:50 AM by tex81

Downloaded uray`s miner (ver 1.1 R4).
One (single) plotfile 1048576_4096 (256GB) - reading fast and smooth.
Two such files - HDD is going crazy. Reading slow and loud.
Is it normal for single folder/drive (single path in config)?

Russia
fanepatent

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:16:33 AM

One plotfile 1048576_4096 (256GB) - reading fast and smooth.

With that stagger kinda is. It needs 256 seeks to read that file.

tex81

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:24:29 AM

Read my post again (about reading single file)!!!
HDD was empty. Fragmentation = 0.

Russia
fanepatent

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:26:31 AM

Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook

Add us on social media networks to stay up to date with news and announcements.

fanepatent

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:27:45 AM

A single file with 256 fragments. Each fragment containing 4096 nonces.
Your drive needs to go through all those 256 fragments until it finds the right nonce.

tex81

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:44:21 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2014, 09:03:01 AM by tex81

Your drive needs to go through all those 256 fragments until it finds the right nonce.
Are you an idiot? I`m talking about difference in reading one and two files! One single file reads "fast and smooth". But adding one more file (with the same parameters) rapes HDD. Do miner read each file at the same time?

Russia
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:45:33 AM

i never took nxt serious since its based on java and i know many people thinking the same way.
if we port the burst protocols to a c library it would be a huge step forward to be independant to nxt.
even exchanges could base their integration on these libraries and other people can use them to create user frontends or fancy stuff like encrypted message transmissions for mobiles payed with burst and so on.

What's the problem about java? Btw, porting such huge library from java to c would be not easy though.

java today seems to be secure but java is responsible for 91% of all security attacks (stated by cisco http://www.eweek.com/security/java-primary-cause-of-91-percent-of-attacks-cisco.html).

i know it is complex to design and code a library which "speaks burst" because many java dependencies and object methods do not exist or cannot simply be ported.
however, only if the java dependency for burst is removed burst can grow really big.
i dont want to say it cannot grow because of java but it can grow really huge without it.
if there is a 0-day java exploit some day (which happens almost annually) the whole burst ecosystem could collapse due to java.
depending on the integration and dependencies in c there is also a risk involved but this is much smaller than offering an attacker the largest plattform (java) which exists as target.

its not that hard (I've read burst source code), but it would take time for sure, the latest standard of C++11 easily surpass java features and libraries, and also its already cross platform, write single code it guaranteed to run on all platform supporting C++11 compiler without need of any vm. and yes personally i think that java is deprecated language, thats why i never touch nxt (and also because of PoS) despite of its great feature.

we can easily replace jetty library to serve http protocol with nodejs, there are a lot of crypto library which is better on C++, we can use mongoDB or redis as database backend, which i am sure its far better than current java backend DB

but replacing java with c++ does not directly improve userbase and ecosystem, what we need today is promotion, great community, developers, investor

urY,
all right things...
but the big question is
"HOW TO DO IT?"

It is possible to "convert" all code into  C++ but it is so hard ! Now I think we have need  real investors or the coin will dead in 1 or 2 weeks.

Don't trip potato chip. All things in time. There WILL be investors, as I will be one myself here soon. I will be investing quite a bit more than I already have, and I will be hiring people to promote BURST as well. So seriously, don't trip, we got this. BURST will live on. Don't make rash RED statements like this without backing of any kind, please. it's ridiculous to say things like this. Without knowing anything at all, just stabbing in the dark.  SeeI can use colors too, it's not cool when the colors are saying things to you, huh?

In all seriousness though man, please, don't come in here with your random off the wall FUD without any sort of backup at all, it's just ridiculous and pointless. Thanks.

and seriously we need funds
so can put bounty for developments, or fund for promotion
we need to start community and spread promotion on facebook, twitter, reddit, google+ page, crypto news site
or we can promote burst like stellar did, free burst for every facebook account

Uray,

How we can do that?
Any plan to procede?

what do you mean by "that" ?
which "that" ?

Promote... Spread news about burst. Giveaway... Faucet... Like stellar gift some burst registering with twitter or facebook
This i men for "that"
what about a gambling site backed by an asset with a faucet to play on?
either a simple dice game or if the next 1000 btc tradevolume is up or downtrend on bitcoinaverage.

i have contacted luckybit.it howner asking for that by PM.
No answer for now...

so, i'm waiting

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
fanepatent

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:06:32 AM

Are you an idiot? I`m talking about difference in reading one and two files! One single file reads "fast and smooth". But adding one more file (with the same parameters) rapes HDD. Do miner read each file at the same time?

Drop the aggressive and idiotic tone if you want help. I am with this project since it was launched. I think I know what I am talking about.
Now if you don't know how to ask for help and how to read the answers go back to shitcoins

The files are split into segments. Each file having x amount of segments and each segment represents the one stagger.
Your 1 file has 256 segments. Yes, it reads that well. But if you make another one your HDD will have another 256 seeks to do at the same time.
Loud and clear?

We do not tolerate your kind here. There are 660 pages of chatter and not one post had the tone you used.

tex81

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:33:54 AM

Drop the aggressive and idiotic tone if you want help. I am with this project since it was launched. I think I know what I am talking about.
Now if you don't know how to ask for help and how to read the answers go back to shitcoins

The files are split into segments. Each file having x amount of segments and each segment represents the one stagger.
Your 1 file has 256 segments. Yes, it reads that well. But if you make another one your HDD will have another 256 seeks to do at the same time.
Loud and clear?

We do not tolerate your kind here. There are 660 pages of chatter and not one post had the tone you used.

You don`t understand me. I`ll wait for dev`s answer. Or somebody who reads miner`s code.

Russia
HoldTheLine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:34:16 AM

Loud and clear?

I second this. Who do you think you are talking like that to someone spending his time to help you? Fanepatent has helped dozens of us get up and running. Read the OP and the first 20 pages and educate yourself on the workings of the coin. You will find the answer to your questions there.  

Pages: « 1 ... 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 [651] 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: