Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:28:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 [652] 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170602 times)
AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:39:20 AM

Downloaded uray`s miner (ver 1.1 R4).
One plotfile 1048576_4096 (256GB) - reading fast and smooth.
Two such files - HDD is going crazy. Reading slow and loud.
Is it normal for single folder/drive (single path in config)?

With that stagger kinda is. It needs 256 seeks to read that file.
Read my post again (about reading single file)!!!
HDD was empty. Fragmentation = 0.

A single file with 256 fragments. Each fragment containing 4096 nonces.
Your drive needs to go through all those 256 fragments until it finds the right nonce.
Are you an idiot? I`m talking about difference in reading one and two files! One single file reads "fast and smooth". But adding one more file (with the same parameters) rapes HDD. Do miner read each file at the same time?

Drop the aggressive and idiotic tone if you want help. I am with this project since it was launched. I think I know what I am talking about.
Now if you don't know how to ask for help and how to read the answers go back to shitcoins

The files are split into segments. Each file having x amount of segments and each segment represents the one stagger.
Your 1 file has 256 segments. Yes, it reads that well. But if you make another one your HDD will have another 256 seeks to do at the same time.
Loud and clear?

We do not tolerate your kind here. There are 660 pages of chatter and not one post had the tone you used.

I told you before. Most newbies are ignorant and ungrateful. They only care for themselves first. That's why I ignore most of similar questions from newbie in this thread. He doesn't even realize that his HDD might be dead soon, who cares?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tex81

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:42:09 AM

Your drive needs to go through all those 256 fragments until it finds the right nonce.
Are you an idiot? I`m talking about difference in reading one and two files! One single file reads "fast and smooth". But adding one more file (with the same parameters) rapes HDD. Do miner read each file at the same time?

Drop the aggressive and idiotic tone if you want help. I am with this project since it was launched. I think I know what I am talking about.
Now if you don't know how to ask for help and how to read the answers go back to shitcoins

The files are split into segments. Each file having x amount of segments and each segment represents the one stagger.
Your 1 file has 256 segments. Yes, it reads that well. But if you make another one your HDD will have another 256 seeks to do at the same time.
Loud and clear?

We do not tolerate your kind here. There are 660 pages of chatter and not one post had the tone you used.

I second this. Who do you think you are talking like that to someone spending his time to help you? Fanepatent has helped dozens of us get up and running. Read the OP and the first 20 pages and educate yourself on the workings of the coin. You will find the answer to your questions there.  

Educated enough. Don`t tell me about stagger! I`m asking about reading threads in uray`s miner`s logic and difference in reading (by this miner) of one single file and two files. Why is it looks (reads) different?

Russia
tex81

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:43:26 AM

Loud and clear?

I told you before. Most newbies are ignorant and ungrateful. They only care for themselves first. That's why I ignore most of similar questions from newbie in this thread. He doesn't even realize that his HDD might be dead soon, who cares?
Why do you think i am newbie? Grin

Russia
fanepatent

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:46:46 AM

Loud and clear?

First of all, your account. Second of all, thats a newbie question.
And now lets get back to where we were.
After you called me an idiot and I took the time to answer despite that, you just tell me that you will wait for the dev to come and answer?
Are you for real?

BURST - BURST-58XP-63WY-XSVQ-ASG9A
jzhoulon

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:00:42 AM

Loud and clear?

After you called me an idiot and I took the time to answer despite that, you just tell me that you will wait for the dev to come and answer?
Are you for real?
if you searched his posts, you will find he has been mining burst for at least a month, so in reality, he is not a newbie for burst

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
tex81

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:01:56 AM

Loud and clear?

Are you for real?
What`s wrong wth my account? Did you read my posts? Is it looks like a newbie?
It`s not a newbie question. I`m asking not about stagger, seeking, fragmentation, hdd health, etc.
I didn`t call you an idiot. It was a question Smiley
Yes i`m 4 real. Question is about dev`s miner. Not about Burst basics.

Russia
Nevril

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:08:00 AM

First of all I want to specify that I completely agree with fanepatent.
You cannot drop in here, newbie or not, and insult. It isn't neither a matter of who you're talking too. It could have been one of the most active and helpful people like fane is since the beginning or a completely unknown guy (like me).

Said so I'll try to reformulate your question because I think it is an interesting one, just because of this.

I think Tex is asking if, when having two different plots in the same HDD/directory, uray's miner reads them concurrently instead of sequentially.
If this is the case, no matter the stagger size, the HDD will be put under a lot of pressure with jumps back and forth.

To reply, partially, to Tex (I don't use uray's so I don't know). The Dev's miner is the Java one (POC Miner), and it reads sequentially for sure. You may want to have a try with it on Dev's pool or solo and see if you have the same issue.
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:18:35 AM

Skype support on http://mine.burstcoin.info is now available.
If you have any questions or problems click the "Chat on Skype" link below the How to mine and How it works links.
Also email is available for support. But I'd rather not post it on a public forum.
Spread the news, bring miners, buy shares and see them grow in value.

just retweet the help skype channel to my followers

hope someone else can do the same!!!!

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
SpeedDemon13

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 10:18:44 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2014, 10:36:44 AM by SpeedDemon13

Loud and clear?

Are you for real?
What`s wrong wth my account? Did you read my posts? Is it looks like a newbie?
It`s not a newbie question. I`m asking not about stagger, seeking, fragmentation, hdd health, etc.
I didn`t call you an idiot. It was a question Smiley
Yes i`m 4 real. Question is about dev`s miner. Not about Burst basics.

The way you imply the question has a very rude context and tone, even if you meant not to be. If you don't like certain people's answer, then don't take offense and just find/wait for the answer that satisfies you. If you want to wait for the dev of the miner, then just be patient and wait until then.

CRYPTSY exchange: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=9017 BURST= BURST-TE3W-CFGH-7343-6VM6R BTC=1CNsqGUR9YJNrhydQZnUPbaDv6h4uaYCHv ETH=0x144bc9fe471d3c71d8e09d58060d78661b1d4f32 SHF=0x13a0a2cb0d55eca975cf2d97015f7d580ce52d85 EXP=0xd71921dca837e415a58ca0d6dd2223cc84e0ea2f SC=6bdf9d12a983fed6723abad91a39be4f95d227f9bdb0490de3b8e5d45357f63d564638b1bd71 CLAMS=xGVTdM9EJpNBCYAjHFVxuZGcqvoL22nP6f SOIL=0x8b5c989bc931c0769a50ecaf9ffe490c67cb5911
fanepatent

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:21:07 AM

You cannot drop in here, newbie or not, and insult. It isn't neither a matter of who you're talking too. It could have been one of the most active and helpful people like fane is since the beginning or a completely unknown guy (like me).

Said so I'll try to reformulate your question because I think it is an interesting one, just because of this.

I think Tex is asking if, when having two different plots in the same HDD/directory, uray's miner reads them concurrently instead of sequentially.
If this is the case, no matter the stagger size, the HDD will be put under a lot of pressure with jumps back and forth.

To reply, partially, to Tex (I don't use uray's so I don't know). The Dev's miner is the Java one (POC Miner), and it reads sequentially for sure. You may want to have a try with it on Dev's pool or solo and see if you have the same issue.

Yes I got that and it can be seen in my "good answer" after being insulted...
The java miner reads sequentially. Uray's miner uses more threads to read files. If you have a single file it will have only 1 thread. But if you have 2, it will create a second thread for that file.

Nevril

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:24:29 AM

The java miner reads sequentially. Uray's miner uses more threads to read files. If you have a single file it will have only 1 thread. But if you have 2, it will create a second thread for that file.

Think I missed your reply, ok... Tex has it's answer.
SpeedDemon13

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 10:25:04 AM

It seems that Blago's Windows miner is more refined and spreads the work evenly across all threads, regardless of the number of plots.

CRYPTSY exchange: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=9017 BURST= BURST-TE3W-CFGH-7343-6VM6R BTC=1CNsqGUR9YJNrhydQZnUPbaDv6h4uaYCHv ETH=0x144bc9fe471d3c71d8e09d58060d78661b1d4f32 SHF=0x13a0a2cb0d55eca975cf2d97015f7d580ce52d85 EXP=0xd71921dca837e415a58ca0d6dd2223cc84e0ea2f SC=6bdf9d12a983fed6723abad91a39be4f95d227f9bdb0490de3b8e5d45357f63d564638b1bd71 CLAMS=xGVTdM9EJpNBCYAjHFVxuZGcqvoL22nP6f SOIL=0x8b5c989bc931c0769a50ecaf9ffe490c67cb5911
unsoindovo
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:25:29 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2014, 11:08:04 AM by unsoindovo

i offer skype support to miners with problem on setting up theri rigs via skype from 09.00AM[GMT+2] to 06:00PM[GMT+2]

just search HelpingBurstMiners over Skype!!!
if you do not find it just search UnSoInDoVo, always on skype.

hope this could help Burst community!

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
fanepatent

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:28:41 AM

It seems that Blago's Windows miner is more refined and spreads the work evenly across all threads, regardless of the number of plots.

I haven't used Blago's miner. I need to do a fresh install. So I can't talk about that.

i offer skype support to miners with problem on setting up theri rigs via skype from 09.00AM[GMT+2] to 06:00PM[GMT+2]

Skype support also available from me too. Well, mostly for the pool, but I'm sure people will start using it for general questions.
Skype link can be found on pool page under How to and How it works links

tex81

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:35:15 AM

Nevril, thank you for translation Smiley My english is poor. Looks like there`s some problems because of it.

Uray's miner uses more threads to read files. If you have a single file it will have only 1 thread. But if you have 2, it will create a second thread for that file.
Are you shure? Can you show me dev`s post about it or piece of code?
Now i`m preparing fully staggered and defragmented plotfiles. Will see...

Russia
SpeedDemon13

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 10:41:01 AM

I haven't used Blago's miner. I need to do a fresh install. So I can't talk about that.

Skype support also available from me too. Well, mostly for the pool, but I'm sure people will start using it for general questions.

After using the java miner, Uray's miner, dcct's miner and Blago's miner: Blago worked best for me on Windows and dcct is best on Linux. The java miner consumes the lowest electricity out of all of them, but has memory hogging/crash issues.

yellowduck2

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:54:45 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2014, 11:05:01 AM by yellowduck2

The java miner consumes the lowest electricity out of all of them, but has memory hogging/crash issues.

Java miner is a "RAM miner" whereas those new miner that promise low RAM usage is a "CPU miner". Running 100% CPU consume more electricity.

I am still using java miner because i have low end CPU on my rig and it perform badly on the new miner. Java finish reading plot and new miner still reading plot and take quite a while to finish reading the whole plot because CPU is the bottleneck. More CPU power faster reading. If u are running hundreds of TB, an i7 would probably be needed for new miner.

Anyway , i found a way to solve the RAM issue and my rigs has been running smoothly without any manual input from me for a week and counting. Its pretty much auto pilot right now using java miner and payout from pool is very stable because of zero downtime.

unsoindovo
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 11:08:57 AM

Good job fenape!!!
let's go to help on burst!!!

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
fanepatent

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 11:15:27 AM

Nevril, thank you for translation Smiley My english is poor. Looks like there`s some problems because of it.

Uray's miner uses more threads to read files. If you have a single file it will have only 1 thread. But if you have 2, it will create a second thread for that file.
Are you shure? Can you show me dev`s post about it or piece of code?
Now i`m preparing fully staggered and defragmented plotfiles. Will see...

Miners dev name is Uray. https://github.com/uraymeiviar/burst-miner/releases
You can find the source there.
I am not sure if Uray specified on the forum that the miners uses multiple threads or in a private message from our conversations.

fanepatent

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 11:16:59 AM

Good job fenape!!!
let's go to help on burst!!!

Thanks for the rt

Pages: « 1 ... 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 [652] 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: