Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:50:48 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 [953] 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170605 times)
pist0la

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:25:29 PM

Is it possible to change the password to an address? I will be moving soon and would like to sell my HDDs, cables, sata to usb adapters, several usb 3.0 7-port hubs, etc. Basically selling everything you need to mine. I would love to sell the plotted drives so it is truly plug and play for the buyer, changing the password to my address would be helpful. If it's not possible I would destroy the password from my records, it's a very long string of random characters I would never be able to remember again.

If the password cannot be changed, is it possible to implement this feature into BURST?

Anyone interested? $45/TB including shipping for pre-plotted drives, more than enough cables, adapters, hubs for the setup. Roughly 120 TB worth of drives, mostly seagate barracudas. Save yourself months of plotting by taking over my burst address.

Is there any reason for going out of BURST?

I'm selling because I am moving to a new apartment. I don't feel like setting everything up allover again, plus I could use the money to put towards the apartment and I own my own business which could always use a little cash injection.
pist0la

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:27:55 PM

Is it possible to change the password to an address? I will be moving soon and would like to sell my HDDs, cables, sata to usb adapters, several usb 3.0 7-port hubs, etc. Basically selling everything you need to mine. I would love to sell the plotted drives so it is truly plug and play for the buyer, changing the password to my address would be helpful. If it's not possible I would destroy the password from my records, it's a very long string of random characters I would never be able to remember again.

If the password cannot be changed, is it possible to implement this feature into BURST?

Anyone interested? $45/TB including shipping for pre-plotted drives, more than enough cables, adapters, hubs for the setup. Roughly 120 TB worth of drives, mostly seagate barracudas. Save yourself months of plotting by taking over my burst address.

Create a new account, and give all BURST to that address, simple Smiley

The reason I want to simply change the password but keep the numerical address is so the potential buyer can just plug in and start mining, no plotting necessary.
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:30:44 PM

Create a new account, and give all BURST to that address, simple Smiley

The reason I want to simply change the password but keep the numerical address is so the potential buyer can just plug in and start mining, no plotting necessary.

Don't think that is possible.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
mczarnek

Activity: 527
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:48:54 PM

I agree with CIYAM.. we should change that "-" to something that can be copied on double-click. Decided to play with the code and figured out how to switch it over to "_" which happens to be copyable.  Here try double clicking what will become my new wallet address:  BURST_SYYS_QMGR_BCYN_BVQ2A

Except underscores don't select the whole thing when double clicking either.

Yup - I would recommend something like this:

BURSTxSYYSxQMGRxBCYNxBVQ2A

(doesn't look beautiful but at least works everywhere for selection)

hmm.. underscores work for me.. but good to know!  Maybe it's a windows versus other operating systems thing?

Ok, I'll probably switch it to either BURSToSYYSoQMGRoBCYNoBVQ2A  or BURSTxSYYSxQMGRxBCYNxBVQ2A, unless anyone else has a reason they prefer a specific alphanumeric character to act as a separator.

Thanks.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
pist0la

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:55:03 PM

I will post an official offer to sell the drives and other hardware later today. I can pre-plot the drives using your numerical address so they are mine-able as soon as you receive them.

Offer details will include:
-Photos of drives and hardware
-Pricing for pre-plotted drives
-Pricing for wiped, blank drives
-Bulk discounts
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 01:25:27 PM

hmm.. underscores work for me.. but good to know!  Maybe it's a windows versus other operating systems thing?

Might even depend upon which browser - but using a lower case letter is *guaranteed* to work everywhere.

Ok, I'll probably switch it to either BURSToSYYSoQMGRoBCYNoBVQ2A  or BURSTxSYYSxQMGRxBCYNxBVQ2A, unless anyone else has a reason they prefer a specific alphanumeric character to act as a separator.

Using 'o' was the other lower case letter I was thinking of too. Smiley

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
mmmaybe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 01:46:02 PM

$45/TB?

woaw... I should be putting together and selling Burst miners instead of mining...

And someone just added a extra 5PB to the network? I don't think it's people just plotting out excess storage... ROI is up to two years now... I can only fathom someone found out a way to mine over cloud storage easily... or someone figured out how to mine without plotting.

I think it's some other factor that it causing these big fluctuations in the network. If a person did have access to a vast amount of data storage surely they would bring it online 10,50 or even 100TB at a time?

Just wanna say it must not be some odd thing. I, literally, just happened to get access to +2pb some time ago. Will not comment on how.

Of which you're gonna donate 500TB to ByteEnterprises' Cloud project! lol. jk.

Was thinking the whole thing, just you got the shipment settled.

Curiously why would you donate mining equipment to another miner? From what I understand he's making his mining operation seem like a 'business', only he pays share holders, but still takes in all the profits above what he pays to share holders. You're literally paying someone else to get rich. You could just mine yourself instead.

Bobafett at least is stating he's not planning to sell any Burst he makes (although he doesn't say in his asset contract BTW). That would take it off the market and raise the value of Burst.

Donate is the wrong word here...

FakeAccount

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

I'm not real

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:28:39 PM

every week you can find a deal on new harddrives around $25-$27 /TB.  your price would have to dip well below $20 to generate any interest.  alternatively you can sell one drive at a time on ebay to maximize your sales, that's a bigger market than burst miners here Smiley
FakeAccount

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

I'm not real

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:33:17 PM

competition is good for business and risk diversification is highly recommend

-[ANNOUNCEMENT]- First Burstcoin.de Asset
New Asset with 2% Intrest a Month / 24% a Intrest a Year / Highly Secure

Asset Name – BdeBank
Total number available – 500.000
Price –  50 Burst
Asset Number (ID)– 4053085726300717216
First payout is the first of April!

2% intrest montly! This asset pays out 2% intrest monthly.  One B.deBank  Asset = 50 Burst. 2% of 50 Burst = 1 Burst / month payout.

URL: http://www.burstcoin.de/assets/asset_b.debank.pdf

Guaranteed monthly payout! Every first day of the month i will payout all intrest of the assets. Regardless how long you are owner oft them. Also if you bought the assets one day before the first.

Save Investment! The intrests are covered and backed by my mining system. If all shares are sold, i have to pay 500.000 Burst  intrest a month. My Miners make average 25.000 Burst per day, whats in a month 750.000 Burst. So the payment of intrest is secured forever. Also i am actually bring up more miners, also, look above, this is covert with my burst account with 8.4 Million Burstcoins atm.

Instant Cashout without loss! Also you can cashout anytime. I will buy back the assets from you. Therfore i will place a buy order for every sold asset with a price of 50 Burst. The price what i pay for the payback will decrease 1% every month.  Buywall will be created instantly after the first sales and adapted every first day of the month.

Burstcoin.de is the name oft the german website of burst , with mining guides, best practises, how tos, a manual for beginners, example hardwares from my miners, scripts for tracking the mining tasks, news over burst, etc. and information for the german community is actually daily added.

Bobafett is my username in Bitcointalk.org and burstforum.com.  I´m mining and investing in Burst qfilsince the beginning. I invested over 8500 Euros since now in Burst (bought with btc) and mining hardware. Until now i never sold any of my coins because i really belive this coin has a bright future.

Bobafett is the owner oft the account BURST-AJ63-3W8L-FGBT-2ALZE and now holding over 8.4 Million Burst and is now Top 11 of all Burst holders .

Bobafett is  mining with over 120TB every day and my next miner is acutally plotting. My daily minded income of burst are between 20.000 and 30.000 Burst.

in the real world, when one sees words like guaranteed etc... and 2% monthly (24% per annum), red flags go up.  
where is the 2% monthly coming from?  banks can do this by printing money, increasing fiat supply and effectively destroying your interest earned anyways.  Here, we have a fixed coin supply, so how is profit made to pay out the 2% monthly guaranteed?
bobafett

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:03:42 PM

competition is good for business and risk diversification is highly recommend

-[ANNOUNCEMENT]- First Burstcoin.de Asset
New Asset with 2% Intrest a Month / 24% a Intrest a Year / Highly Secure

Asset Name – BdeBank
Total number available – 500.000
Price –  50 Burst
Asset Number (ID)– 4053085726300717216
First payout is the first of April!

2% intrest montly! This asset pays out 2% intrest monthly.  One B.deBank  Asset = 50 Burst. 2% of 50 Burst = 1 Burst / month payout.

URL: http://www.burstcoin.de/assets/asset_b.debank.pdf

Guaranteed monthly payout! Every first day of the month i will payout all intrest of the assets. Regardless how long you are owner oft them. Also if you bought the assets one day before the first.

Save Investment! The intrests are covered and backed by my mining system. If all shares are sold, i have to pay 500.000 Burst  intrest a month. My Miners make average 25.000 Burst per day, whats in a month 750.000 Burst. So the payment of intrest is secured forever. Also i am actually bring up more miners, also, look above, this is covert with my burst account with 8.4 Million Burstcoins atm.

Instant Cashout without loss! Also you can cashout anytime. I will buy back the assets from you. Therfore i will place a buy order for every sold asset with a price of 50 Burst. The price what i pay for the payback will decrease 1% every month.  Buywall will be created instantly after the first sales and adapted every first day of the month.

Burstcoin.de is the name oft the german website of burst , with mining guides, best practises, how tos, a manual for beginners, example hardwares from my miners, scripts for tracking the mining tasks, news over burst, etc. and information for the german community is actually daily added.

Bobafett is my username in Bitcointalk.org and burstforum.com.  I´m mining and investing in Burst qfilsince the beginning. I invested over 8500 Euros since now in Burst (bought with btc) and mining hardware. Until now i never sold any of my coins because i really belive this coin has a bright future.

Bobafett is the owner oft the account BURST-AJ63-3W8L-FGBT-2ALZE and now holding over 8.4 Million Burst and is now Top 11 of all Burst holders .

Bobafett is  mining with over 120TB every day and my next miner is acutally plotting. My daily minded income of burst are between 20.000 and 30.000 Burst.

in the real world, when one sees words like guaranteed etc... and 2% monthly (24% per annum), red flags go up.  
where is the 2% monthly coming from?  banks can do this by printing money, increasing fiat supply and effectively destroying your interest earned anyways.  Here, we have a fixed coin supply, so how is profit made to pay out the 2% monthly guaranteed?

Income is fully secured by my mining system as written and as you can self proof if you look at the stats of my burst account.

The Burst will be used in future (not now a these price levels) to enhance mining cap and gain additional income with mining.

Also additional income ist made by daytrading a small amount thats not so significant that a loss will affect the payout and the option of buyback.

Be sure, i have a business plan, otherwise i would not do that. The buyback order is also placed and you can instantly and easy sell your assets back to me.

Other things are also in pipe, but its to early to speak from.
tiker

Activity: 459

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 04:23:06 PM

I agree with CIYAM.. we should change that "-" to something that can be copied on double-click. Decided to play with the code and figured out how to switch it over to "_" which happens to be copyable.  Here try double clicking what will become my new wallet address:  BURST_SYYS_QMGR_BCYN_BVQ2A

Except underscores don't select the whole thing when double clicking either.

What's wrong with the double-click and drag functionality?  On Windows; instead of just double clicking; double click any part of the first word "BURST" and drag the mouse to the last word in the address.  This highlights the address from the first word (section) to the last word and nothing else.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 04:51:28 PM

What's wrong with the double-click and drag functionality?  On Windows; instead of just double clicking; double click any part of the first word "BURST" and drag the mouse to the last word in the address.  This highlights the address from the first word (section) to the last word and nothing else.

Just try it with a tab/pad and you'll see the problem.

Telling everyone that they should change how they use their UI is not a good idea (and won't work).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 05:34:10 PM

Telling everyone that they should change how they use their UI is not a good idea (and won't work).

Agreed. I think changing to something that can be double-click selected is a good idea.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
Irontiga

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:13:33 PM

Agreed. I think changing to something that can be double-click selected is a good idea.

Underscore works for me, win 7 + chrome

i pref 'o' to 'x'....but i think that '' is better...nothing in between Cheesy
pinballdude

Activity: 286

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 07:53:29 PM

Anyone know what file the burstcoin contacts information is stored in? I'd like to move my contacts from one computer to another, but not sure where they are located on the filesystem.
mczarnek

Activity: 527
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:18:07 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2015, 01:10:03 AM by mczarnek

Underscore works for me, win 7 + chrome

i pref 'o' to 'x'....but i think that '' is better...nothing in between Cheesy

True.. The reason for separators is like a credit card.. It's easier to manually enter. But I suspect most people will be using digital solutions.. which mean you can copy and paste. And one you have 'o' or 'x' mixed in.. It's not that much less confusing.

What about displaying it as this: so manually it is slightly easier to copy one group at a time with 'l's in between letters but also allowing the ls to be removed.
BURSTxSYYSlQMGRlBCYNlBVQ2A

Then also accept this:
BURSToSYYSQMGRBCYNBVQ2A

An x or o at the beginning still separates out the Burst slightly, which is nice.  Easy enough to allow either an x or an o to be valid.. just a matter of which one should be default?  I'd probably vote o too.. just seems slightly easier to see

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
almond

Activity: 407
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 10:02:18 PM

I'm trying to find the pool that works best for me with around 16TB on an i5 ubuntu machine with 8gb ram.
I started with cryptomining farm, which seemed to work fine but I'm in southern california, the farm is in asia and occaisionaly I miss out on a few good deadlines by being too slow.  I'm thinking I'll get my nonces delivered more quickly to pool closer to me.  I know there is an east coast pool in the US and a few in Europe, does anyone know of a good pool on the west coast of the US ?

thanx in advance,
 Cool

Freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 10:43:02 PM

I'm trying to find the pool that works best for me with around 16TB on an i5 ubuntu machine with 8gb ram.
I started with cryptomining farm, which seemed to work fine but I'm in southern california, the farm is in asia and occaisionaly I miss out on a few good deadlines by being too slow.  I'm thinking I'll get my nonces delivered more quickly to pool closer to me.  I know there is an east coast pool in the US and a few in Europe, does anyone know of a good pool on the west coast of the US ?

thanx in advance,
 Cool

http://burst.ninja is US based, and we've got an ever changing payout system pointed towards ultimate fairness.

Right now the payout system is highly based upon block finder, and shares that are close to block finder, then you get some too for being an overall big miner. We think the system is the best, and our code is the newest, and accepts any miner you point at it. We're constantly improving, and right now we're working on the new UI.

Come give us a shot, let me know what you think, and we will make changes based on suggestions of our miners to make sure we can get ultimate happiness for all involved! hehe. It's a pipe dream to make EVERYONE happy, but we're gonna try to get 90% there at least!

come check it out!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
riskyfire

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 10:43:22 PM

I started with cryptomining farm, which seemed to work fine but I'm in southern california, the farm is in asia and occaisionaly I miss out on a few good deadlines by being too slow.  I'm thinking I'll get my nonces delivered more quickly to pool closer to me.  I know there is an east coast pool in the US and a few in Europe, does anyone know of a good pool on the west coast of the US ?

thanx in advance,
 Cool

How long is it taking to scan through your plots? I have a similar setup.
Are you using Uray's or dcct miner?

I don't think latency should cause you that much of a problem. I only miss the very fast blocks
when my full scan time (120 seconds) finds good deadlines but too late.

crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 10:44:14 PM

Also, just a reminder...

http://Byte.Enterprises still has plenty of new assets for sale, come get them!

new pool UI for ninja pool coming soon!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
Pages: « 1 ... 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 [953] 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: