Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:36:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 [913] 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170603 times)
mczarnek

Activity: 527
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 06:15:39 PM

Just deployed my first crowdfund project.

if i load now the atcrowdfund.html,
i got the following problems: What means this NaN

for the amount i choosed 150000
and time 2 weeks....

Creative!  Very nice to see we have someone new capable of writing ATs as well!

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Merick

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 06:22:37 PM

Yeah, Burst is not very user friendly, definitely. There should be a pub wallet available. Since you just need to access a website to access a wallet and your wallet is simply numbers, there should be a dev wallet hosted somewhere (I don't know why there isn't).

So I sent someone my log files, but removed my secret which I assume was only in one form and not split up, does anyone know if there is anyway for someone to mess around with your miner or wallet just having the logs?

This happened on Friday and since then my mining has went down to nothing (yesterday I found no blocks, compared to last week I was finding a few blocks per day). I thought maybe the block chain was having issues, but this coincides nicely with when I sent them my logs.

I really don't want to replot everything, but I will if needed. There haven't been any rogue transactions in my wallet. Is there anyway to check what the rewardassignment is currently set to or if blocks have been going to a different address? I checked the page, but it doesn't have any information besides blanks (it'd actually be nice if this had a real spot in the wallet instead of a URL).

Is there anyway to check what the rewardassignment is currently set to or if blocks have been going to a different address?

The first option on the RewardAssignment Page is

Get Reward Recipient:

1.)Put an address in that field, press submit, and it will tell you who the recipient is in numeric form - copy this value.
2.) http://127.0.0.1:8125/burst?requestType=rsConvert&account=NUMERIC ACCOUNT ID : paste the value from step one were NUMBER ACCOUNT ID is.

Good-Luck

I tried the address, replaced NUMERIC with my address, "{"rewardRecipient":"(mine)","requestProcessingTime":0}"

And for 2.) I get "Problem accessing //burst. Reason: Not Found"

Did you mistype? //burst  the // looks odd, should be /

1.) Using the Reward Assignment page, you check reward assignment using your Alpha-Number address BURSt-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
2.)The results from step one is the numeric address.  The rsConvert will convert a number ID into an Alpha-Numeric address.

If you are having issues with the copy/paste of the address I added (it is assuming your running the wallet on localhost)  just go to the login page of your wallet and replace /index with /test.  This will give you a full list of all API commands.  In the account section you will find the rsConvert command.  Paste the numeric ID you want to convert into the field and press the submit button (or whatever it's called).

pinkman12345
Legendary

Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 06:29:31 PM

I have just gone through the process of setting up a wallet for the first time, wow what an awful experience...

This should be your focus not a lottery, it took me over 40mins to download the blockchain to the 5th january and then the rest of the night to do the rest. The JAVA runtime that opens CMD seems to be bringing my netbook to its knees too.

You may ask why am i using a netbook, but the average user hasn't got the latest gaming PC like all the nerds who mine these coins. I only went through the process of setting up a wallet so i could store my coins, but i wish i hadn't i think i'll just leave them on an exchange and wait for them to hit 1 sat, cos this coin needs a LOT of work to be usable to even the most computer literate of us.

I lol'd
but there is some truth in your post. Hopefully some good GUI developers take their chances and get a good crowdfunding. The lottery was asked for by a lot of people... and here it is! I see it as the first implementation of the Automated Transactions and I'm okay with that. The Crowdfunding possibility has much more potential and dynamics. We'll see.

Is there any sort of timeline or schedule for any new developments to do with BURST?? Also is Ethereum a direct competitor, in which case, do you not think that they will release something that is really user friendly and BURST will just get left for dust, after all they have a lot of money backing them?

User friendliness is high on the list of priorities, however BURST does not have a fraction of Ethereum's resources at its disposal, yet we already have AT running. Also, I very much doubt that Ethereum will be so awesomely user friendly from the get go. It is done by techs, and it will be done for techs.

Most people who will mine have decent comps. The rest should at least be able to run the wallet.... run both nxt and burst always on my ultrabook...and it's a 1.60 i5(4gb ram), however, i have tried it on a machine wil great CPU but only 2gb ram....it was fine till i started doing other things....

I suggest you use a web wallet... i doubt u run a local btc wallet if burst is killing you!!!

The web wallet doesn't work the site is down, is there another one anywhere eles? Also, still not seeing any crowdfunding projects or a lottery etc thru my wallet. Any help much appreciated.

bensam123

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 07:30:02 PM

Yeah, Burst is not very user friendly, definitely. There should be a pub wallet available. Since you just need to access a website to access a wallet and your wallet is simply numbers, there should be a dev wallet hosted somewhere (I don't know why there isn't).

So I sent someone my log files, but removed my secret which I assume was only in one form and not split up, does anyone know if there is anyway for someone to mess around with your miner or wallet just having the logs?

This happened on Friday and since then my mining has went down to nothing (yesterday I found no blocks, compared to last week I was finding a few blocks per day). I thought maybe the block chain was having issues, but this coincides nicely with when I sent them my logs.

I really don't want to replot everything, but I will if needed. There haven't been any rogue transactions in my wallet. Is there anyway to check what the rewardassignment is currently set to or if blocks have been going to a different address? I checked the page, but it doesn't have any information besides blanks (it'd actually be nice if this had a real spot in the wallet instead of a URL).

Is there anyway to check what the rewardassignment is currently set to or if blocks have been going to a different address?

The first option on the RewardAssignment Page is

Get Reward Recipient:

1.)Put an address in that field, press submit, and it will tell you who the recipient is in numeric form - copy this value.
2.) http://127.0.0.1:8125/burst?requestType=rsConvert&account=NUMERIC ACCOUNT ID : paste the value from step one were NUMBER ACCOUNT ID is.

Good-Luck

I tried the address, replaced NUMERIC with my address, "{"rewardRecipient":"(mine)","requestProcessingTime":0}"

And for 2.) I get "Problem accessing //burst. Reason: Not Found"

Did you mistype? //burst  the // looks odd, should be /

1.) Using the Reward Assignment page, you check reward assignment using your Alpha-Number address BURSt-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
2.)The results from step one is the numeric address.  The rsConvert will convert a number ID into an Alpha-Numeric address.

If you are having issues with the copy/paste of the address I added (it is assuming your running the wallet on localhost)  just go to the login page of your wallet and replace /index with /test.  This will give you a full list of all API commands.  In the account section you will find the rsConvert command.  Paste the numeric ID you want to convert into the field and press the submit button (or whatever it's called).

Yeah, I know what both my numeric and normal BURST ID is. I put my numeric account ID in Get reward recipient: Account: and it output

"{"rewardRecipient":"my account","requestProcessingTime":0}"

If it were a different account other then mine would it output something different there?
LuisPT

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 08:07:49 PM

If you will run 4x 3TB drives, what's the cheapest cpu would you suggest? -- I'm asking these because my ATOM 4GB (max) wasn't able to catch up (130sec+) before new block comes in, and my i7 x79 is a bit overkill for 24/7.

Athlon X4? Core2Duo / Pentium 2core?

Thanks

My computers has the following times:

Pentium G860 3Ghz  ( 3x 3TB ) 49s each 

I7-920 ( 5x 4TB ) 53s each

I5-4670 3,4Ghz ( 6x 4TB )  44s each

I7-4770K ( 3x 5TB ) 46s each

daWallet

Activity: 302

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 08:09:24 PM

Whoever did the WebWallet Crowdfund:

You have to be trustworthy and there has to be a very secure connection between Client and Server.

github/dawallet   Burst Client for Win & Burstcoin.biz
steeveGrube

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 08:59:58 PM

If you will run 4x 3TB drives, what's the cheapest cpu would you suggest? -- I'm asking these because my ATOM 4GB (max) wasn't able to catch up (130sec+) before new block comes in, and my i7 x79 is a bit overkill for 24/7.

Thanks

Pentium G860 3Ghz  ( 3x 3TB ) 49s each 

I5-4670 3,4Ghz ( 6x 4TB )  44s each

if you are running atom on linux ok..
if you are running windows, i think 4GB are not enough...
LuisPT

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 09:22:19 PM

Thanks

Pentium G860 3Ghz  ( 3x 3TB ) 49s each  

I5-4670 3,4Ghz ( 6x 4TB )  44s each

if you are running atom on linux ok..
if you are running windows, i think 4GB are not enough...

I Running Windows 8.1 in all PCs
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 09:46:09 PM

You have to be trustworthy and there has to be a very secure connection between Client and Server.

So what is wrong with the current Dev Made wallet?

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
mmmaybe

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 09:49:08 PM

I'm sorry if I misunderstands this but:

Would it not be better for BURST that, say,you stayed top25 instead of top10, and the supported the projects we so well need with the funds you have and will continue to get?

[---]

From what other projects do you actually speak? I see no other relevant crowedprojekts....

Many more will come. Most certainly a GUI CF as we included software guys today.

daWallet

Activity: 302

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 09:56:10 PM

I don't mean the local "Web"Wallet in our browsers. There is no security issue, it's perfectly fine. I meant a purely online wallet without local instance like burstcoin.io was for a short time. This means the password has to be sent to a server far away.

github/dawallet   Burst Client for Win & Burstcoin.biz
mmmaybe

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 10:42:23 PM

Members of PR Team, DevTeam and Softwhere Team

At the moment we have problems with the platform we are using. We have contacted support, but haven't got an answer. So it might a quite night

Irontiga

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 10:45:30 PM

At the moment we have problems with the platform we are using. We have contacted support, but haven't got an answer. So it might a quite night

might be a quiet night.
Irontiga

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 10:53:03 PM

Wrong, secure connection unnecessary. The password is never sent to server, all you need is unmodified html/js/css that is sent from server. I might actually try something...let me see...
mmmaybe

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 10:59:16 PM

might be a quiet night.

PM that to M3ta Smiley

okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 11:20:09 PM

dont understand, whats happend? something bad? Sad

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
xizmax

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 11:21:49 PM

Not really, apparently the problem is specific to our newest team member Smiley

BURST, your C:\urrency
Follow us on https://twitter.com/burstcoin_dev
Irontiga

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 11:23:49 PM

Not really, apparently the problem is specific to our newest team member Smiley

It is massive.....i can not talk to him because his connection to my coms platform is not working for him...

Oh, and Softwhere  =  software
seasonw

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 11:47:11 PM

I have just gone through the process of setting up a wallet for the first time, wow what an awful experience...

This should be your focus not a lottery, it took me over 40mins to download the blockchain to the 5th january and then the rest of the night to do the rest. The JAVA runtime that opens CMD seems to be bringing my netbook to its knees too.

You may ask why am i using a netbook, but the average user hasn't got the latest gaming PC like all the nerds who mine these coins. I only went through the process of setting up a wallet so i could store my coins, but i wish i hadn't i think i'll just leave them on an exchange and wait for them to hit 1 sat, cos this coin needs a LOT of work to be usable to even the most computer literate of us.

I lol'd
but there is some truth in your post. Hopefully some good GUI developers take their chances and get a good crowdfunding. The lottery was asked for by a lot of people... and here it is! I see it as the first implementation of the Automated Transactions and I'm okay with that. The Crowdfunding possibility has much more potential and dynamics. We'll see.

Is there any sort of timeline or schedule for any new developments to do with BURST?? Also is Ethereum a direct competitor, in which case, do you not think that they will release something that is really user friendly and BURST will just get left for dust, after all they have a lot of money backing them?

User friendliness is high on the list of priorities, however BURST does not have a fraction of Ethereum's resources at its disposal, yet we already have AT running. Also, I very much doubt that Ethereum will be so awesomely user friendly from the get go. It is done by techs, and it will be done for techs.

Most people who will mine have decent comps. The rest should at least be able to run the wallet.... run both nxt and burst always on my ultrabook...and it's a 1.60 i5(4gb ram), however, i have tried it on a machine wil great CPU but only 2gb ram....it was fine till i started doing other things....

I suggest you use a web wallet... i doubt u run a local btc wallet if burst is killing you!!!

The web wallet doesn't work the site is down, is there another one anywhere eles? Also, still not seeing any crowdfunding projects or a lottery etc thru my wallet. Any help much appreciated.

Is online wallet up and running? What is the URL?
xizmax

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 12:03:10 AM

Is online wallet up and running? What is the URL?

Unfortunately, none are up as of yet. We are working on it though. Just some people are discussing the best way to approach the issue.

BURST, your C:\urrency
Follow us on https://twitter.com/burstcoin_dev
Pages: « 1 ... 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 [913] 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: