Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:06:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 [1031] 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170603 times)
mczarnek

Activity: 527
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:38:01 AM

In the next week I'll buy some HDDs. Does anyone has a favourite one on Newegg or on another website ?
my advise: buy a little bit, 1-2 maybe, set them up so that you can see how burst works etc... then with the rest of the money you would have spent on more drives, buy burst. right now, this is a better transaction.

So it's better to hold some BURSTs ?

Just happens that at the moment you can likely buy more burst than you'll ever be able to mine for the same price.

Seriously amazing time to buy Burst.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Elit

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:47:48 AM

So if I understood correctly we mine BURST but we're paid in CELL ?

yes,
use current plot and config
change only recipient and pool url

one question koko,... and if we want to trade CELL on c-cex.com how do you do this ? How we can tranfer CELL from asset to exchange ?

now, please keep in wallet and get pos
burst asset will add to ccex soon

PLS can you explain how its going to work and when we will get paid. I got my rewards from other assets but this one is still very unclear to me and no payments.
ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:00:07 AM

In the next week I'll buy some HDDs. Does anyone has a favourite one on Newegg or on another website ?
Try HGST or Toshiba. Seagate suck.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:02:53 AM

Not sure if you guys remember when I mentioned not finding many blocks while solo vs pool mining. There is still something weird about solo mining. I've been mining on pools and mining solo off and on. Whenever I go solo, the amount of blocks I find is about 50-60% of what I'm supposed to. I'm not talking about what the pool pays me, rather the amount of blocks I find while on the pool. This isn't just luck, I've been mining for quite some time and have quite a few data points built up.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but mining solo decreases the number of blocks I find quite a bit. I'm not sure why or how.

when you are soloing, you are running the wallet yourself.

i think, when you are pool mining, the wallet is running on the pool server.

the big difference here is if your clock is off 10 or 20 or 30 seconds.  That will loose you a lot of blocks.

check your computer clock to the second, if it is more than a few seconds off, install "NetTime" or a similar product, and have it update your clock often enough that you never get a time off more than a second or two.

both windows 7 and windows 10 have built in internet synchronization, but they sync too infrequently, and are pretty bad at handling congestion and servers that are down, to be of any use for keeping the time within needed bounds for burst mining.

Some pools favor certain total plot sizes. If you are mining at a pool that favors close to what total plot size you have, you might end up getting more burst than you would solo mining.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Obviously it's some sort of problem with the wallet. I've been using nettime for quite some time though, so it's not a time problem. It syncs every four hours.

I've also noticed when mining solo I get less 'Winner: no info yet' for the winner in the deadline compared to when I'm mining on the pool. There is some sort latency issue happening there that I'm not entirely sure where it's coming from and I think is what is messing up my blocks.

Switched back to a pool and immediately started finding blocks at regular intervals again. Really weird.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
HYPERfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

HYPER project manager and PR + GoldPieces [GP]

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 11:13:56 AM

Hi BURST community.

I hope you are all enjoying being able to win BURST playing CSGO on HYPER's Counter-Strike Global Offensive server!

If anyone has any questions about it feel free to post in our thread (linked in my sig)

Game on!

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470
mczarnek

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:38:56 PM

So, I've actually decided to stop working on the paper and break up it into pieces and write it up as a blog post.

But the paper has come so far.. so if anyone is interested, you are welcome to read it:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13jG3F7uajhSsyT9GXDX86izmlBMf567_PbyOhUr_HGw/edit?usp=sharing

Warning, it's pretty long and in depth.. but I think I've made some interesting discoveries in analyzing Proof of Capacity and shown that it has a lot of potential.

If anyone has comments, let me know as my blog posts are going to largely be similar information and arguments.

I've started writing blog posts based on it.. not sure when that'll be ready to go.  Plus, someone has to create the blog first.

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

quarkchain.io

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:41:17 PM

Amazing work , writing such a paper , mate.
fabula

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 08:27:25 PM

nice work
iscal

Activity: 72
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 08:53:49 PM

So, I've actually decided to stop working on the paper and break up it into pieces and write it up as a blog post.

But the paper has come so far.. so if anyone is interested, you are welcome to read it:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13jG3F7uajhSsyT9GXDX86izmlBMf567_PbyOhUr_HGw/edit?usp=sharing

Warning, it's pretty long and in depth.. but I think I've made some interesting discoveries in analyzing Proof of Capacity and shown that it has a lot of potential.

If anyone has comments, let me know as my blog posts are going to largely be similar information and arguments.

I've started writing blog posts based on it.. not sure when that'll be ready to go.  Plus, someone has to create the blog first.
excellent work
mmmaybe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 10:51:55 PM

[---]

Check out Slack and play with the new toys Wink

yellowduck2

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 01:22:24 AM

Well done!
mczarnek

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 03:29:02 AM

Thanks guys.. anyway for those who see the current prices and are doubting.. just know that big things are happening in the background.  There are a couple really interesting projects that I'm only keeping quiet so that our competitors don't take them and run with them first for example.  And that paper will be broken into smaller, easier to digest pieces and used to try to lure in some new developers and marketers.. and eventually customers.

And if you are doubting and saying Burst is unfortunately a pump and dump coin.. do something about it!  Write up a post for our upcoming blog about why you see potential in Burst for example.  Or contact some exchanges asking to be listed.  Or call up a college and ask if they are interested in letting their students work for us (they will be trained! Some java experience is the only thing I'd expect) in exchange for college credit. Or work with us to see if we can get some venture capital funding for this coin.

For example, Hedgy just got $1.5 million to get smart contracts working... something we already have working!!  We could do a lot with a million dollars in funding.

Or come up with your own idea for helping this coin succeed!

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
ashfaq

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 06:46:44 AM

so we just need to connect an external HADR DRVIE through USB and the computer starts mining burstcoins ?i mean i am having some 1 TB used hard drives which i can use ....thanxxxx

bobafett

Activity: 619

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 08:41:55 AM

so we just need to connect an external HADR DRVIE through USB and the computer starts mining burstcoins ?i mean i am having some 1 TB used hard drives which i can use ....thanxxxx

read the guides: http://wiki.burstcoin.de/index.php?title=Guides
Merick

Activity: 129

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 09:56:45 AM

read the guides: http://wiki.burstcoin.de/index.php?title=Guides

http://burstcoin.info/guides/

crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 09:55:59 PM

BOUNTY!

Pool UI development/designer! (You will have to ask catbref ((pool developer)) what you will need to know in order do do this, but I know CSS is a must!)

I will offer 150k BURST from my own wallet, 150k BURST from ByteEnterprises wallet, and 2500 shares of ByteEnt asset (pays dividends monthly based off mining and the pool fee from ninja pool. Represents 2.5% of Byte Enterprises as a company.)

This is a fairly large bounty because it will be a fairly large amount of work. You can also talk to the other people who work with me and ask them how fair I am when it comes to paying people. I may throw you an extra bonus because I feel you did something extraordinary! Come be part of the Byte Enterprises team!

Thank you!

I'll add 150K to this of my own money (and I'm not part of the Byte Enterprises team nor even mining at ninja).

Crowe, if you can, post this as a separate thread so you might attract people outside the BURST community.

(i'll be back soon)

+50k  from me for your pool upgrade send me your account

Just making the quote correct Smiley we are with you, bro!

Smiley PEOPLE SUPORT PR TEAM AND STOP DUMP TO BUY PIZZAS
+50 k from me to Crowetic for the fantastic job (when send me bounty account)
(sorry for my english i m SPARTAN......)  Smiley

Bounty wallet address - BURST-CSPG-BPBU-R985-2YC33

Thank you all so much!

both my donations have been sent. http://burstcoin.eu/address/37539858111357614

Sent 150K, and I might consider mining there if the UI is decent  Cheesy

+50K ....

This is still awaiting someone to jump on it... The funds are sitting there waiting, there's a decent amount there, and including assets in my company that will payout for a long time to come...

PLEASE HELP!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
mczarnek

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 12:49:50 AM

I just realized something.. it is impossible to make a trustless pure Proof of Stake cryptocurrency.

Let's face it, you have to get the genesis block from someone and you have to trust that person to provide you with the correct genesis block.

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 05:27:04 PM

I'd like to mine with a Raspberry Pi. So I'd like to know if it just possible. If you don't know how to reply to my question, maybe you can help me by replying to those ones : is it possible to mine on Linux with plots plotted on Windows and is the Pi's CPU as powerful as needed ?
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 05:53:50 PM

Not sure if you guys remember when I mentioned not finding many blocks while solo vs pool mining. There is still something weird about solo mining. I've been mining on pools and mining solo off and on. Whenever I go solo, the amount of blocks I find is about 50-60% of what I'm supposed to. I'm not talking about what the pool pays me, rather the amount of blocks I find while on the pool. This isn't just luck, I've been mining for quite some time and have quite a few data points built up.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but mining solo decreases the number of blocks I find quite a bit. I'm not sure why or how.

when you are soloing, you are running the wallet yourself.

i think, when you are pool mining, the wallet is running on the pool server.

the big difference here is if your clock is off 10 or 20 or 30 seconds.  That will loose you a lot of blocks.

check your computer clock to the second, if it is more than a few seconds off, install "NetTime" or a similar product, and have it update your clock often enough that you never get a time off more than a second or two.

both windows 7 and windows 10 have built in internet synchronization, but they sync too infrequently, and are pretty bad at handling congestion and servers that are down, to be of any use for keeping the time within needed bounds for burst mining.

Some pools favor certain total plot sizes. If you are mining at a pool that favors close to what total plot size you have, you might end up getting more burst than you would solo mining.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Obviously it's some sort of problem with the wallet. I've been using nettime for quite some time though, so it's not a time problem. It syncs every four hours.

I've also noticed when mining solo I get less 'Winner: no info yet' for the winner in the deadline compared to when I'm mining on the pool. There is some sort latency issue happening there that I'm not entirely sure where it's coming from and I think is what is messing up my blocks.

Switched back to a pool and immediately started finding blocks at regular intervals again. Really weird.

Yeah, I don't know what this is guys. I really could use some help with this. I've been mining for close to three months on burst and every time I try to solo mine I am unable to find nearly as many blocks as mining on a pool. I've tried hosting the wallet on multiple machines and it still does it. What's causing this to happen? This simply can't be luck. I mentioned this before and exactly the same behavior was happening back then.

I go solo and I find 50-60% of the amount of blocks I should. It's like my wallet doesn't submit deadlines right away or the chain doesn't see them. I already have all my clocks syncing every 4 hours.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
Kartojal

Activity: 207

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 06:11:49 PM

I'd like to mine with a Raspberry Pi. So I'd like to know if it just possible. If you don't know how to reply to my question, maybe you can help me by replying to those ones : is it possible to mine on Linux with plots plotted on Windows and is the Pi's CPU as powerful as needed ?

You need SATA2/3 or USB 3.0 for mining BURST.  USB 2.0 its too slow for reading(mine) the plots! Check another ARM board with USB 3.0 or SATA port, the cheapest i think is Banana Pi with one SATA. I recommend for mining in linux use their filesystem (ext3 or ext4) not NTFS (Windows) because gnu/linux programs dont like the NTFS system, it will be more slow and its probable to corrupt the plots or have any strange errors...

You can always use a LIVE CD like Ubuntu 14.04, download the plotter, and plot to external devices formatted in EXT4, then connect it to the ARM board Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 [1031] 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: