Bitcoin Forum
August 03, 2024, 03:13:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 [1038] 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170615 times)
callmejack

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 06:40:18 PM

Sorry for the sarcasm.

But how many people will further post here what we gonna have soon?

People post when its available!!!!

here is something which is also "available".

i already offered my mysql "blockchain copy framework" to develop websites with many pages back.

the way it works is this simple:
-you need a webserver with enabled cronjobs
-the server has to have api access to a wallet
-the cronjob triggers every minute a php script which populates the mysql database with blockchaindata
-from this point on your web application can directly read blockchain data from a mysql database
-if you require certain data extractions these can simply be added

if anyone wants to create some killer web application with it send me a pm and i share it (last time nobody showed interest for it).

simple applications i currently can think of would be these:
-"send me a email" if i received a messgage on the blockchain
-"send me a email if" i have mined a block
-"send me a email if" my asset order went through (some db mods required to have this in indexed access)
-extended mining stats (eg. the averaged block reward a miner got)
-exchange deposits and withdrawal analysis
-generic triggers for blockchain events (message content driven (gambling services), AT monitoring)
-account monitoring by email ( realizing my account got emptied ;-) or i received coins )
-multi account portfolio overviews ( some adjustments for performance reasons to the db would be required )

malickie

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 06:50:24 PM

So, let's be honest here.  This coin is a total pain in the rear to set up mining.  People already have their GPU/CPU Miners set up and that is actually fairly simple to do.  The fact that there are so many steps to get a miner functional with this coin equals a huge loss that this coin could have if the set up was a bit easier.  I for one am fairly knowledgeable with computers and I find setting this coin up to be mined, honestly a waste of time because of the amount of steps to get it working.  Just my 2 cents.

mmmaybe

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 08:27:08 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2015, 08:38:36 PM by mmmaybe

Just so that everyone knows, There will be an official SSL web wallet VERY SOON. The wallet already exists, and the SSL cert has been made, we're implementing it soon.

The link is here (and honestly, SSL doesn't really matter, it will be there mostly to make people happy. There is no need for SSL on BURST wallets.)

http://wallet.burst.city:8125

Also note the domain, burst.city. This domain will soon be the home of many exciting projects.

Thank you!

Very nice work with the web-wallet, my friend! But why would SSL not be necessary when it comes to BURST wallets? I do not understand... Your clients would still send a plaintext/unencrypted passphrase across the Net, and I could read that straight off if I sniff the client's traffic, right?

Perhaps I misunderstand something here, but until SSL is implemented it's insecure to use any web wallet.

EDIT: I'll suggest you'd put up a self-signed cert, although that isn't "looking" too good

crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 09:24:18 PM

Just so that everyone knows, There will be an official SSL web wallet VERY SOON. The wallet already exists, and the SSL cert has been made, we're implementing it soon.

The link is here (and honestly, SSL doesn't really matter, it will be there mostly to make people happy. There is no need for SSL on BURST wallets.)

Also note the domain, burst.city. This domain will soon be the home of many exciting projects.

Thank you!

Very nice work with the web-wallet, my friend! But why would SSL not be necessary when it comes to BURST wallets? I do not understand... Your clients would still send a plaintext/unencrypted passphrase across the Net, and I could read that straight off if I sniff the client's traffic, right?

Perhaps I misunderstand something here, but until SSL is implemented it's insecure to use any web wallet.

EDIT: I'll suggest you'd put up a self-signed cert, although that isn't "looking" too good

I'm having it done within the next day or so, so it doesn't matter much anyway, but burstdev has explained why it isn't necessary, and cat has sniffed packets to try to get the password without success, so it isn't necessary. But no big deal I want it to look secure anyway. Then there will be no second guessing at all.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
callmejack

Activity: 256

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 09:36:47 PM

So, let's be honest here.  This coin is a total pain in the rear to set up mining.  People already have their GPU/CPU Miners set up and that is actually fairly simple to do.  The fact that there are so many steps to get a miner functional with this coin equals a huge loss that this coin could have if the set up was a bit easier.  I for one am fairly knowledgeable with computers and I find setting this coin up to be mined, honestly a waste of time because of the amount of steps to get it working.  Just my 2 cents.

you are right.
set the fact that the main intend for average miners is to mine some coins as point and click adventure for a few days burst is totally different.
the good thing all about this is that you dont have to wait for any hardware preorders and people learned how things work and keep mining after they managed to get their windows based rigs running 24/7 (during the first weeks the diff showed some triggered their  automatic windows updates at 3 am).
i personally only mine solo on linux without any issues and i am not familiar with the mining pipeline on windows.

if i understand the current components correctly this is the list people have to know about (my comments are added):
-java install (download)
-wallet startup (windows knowledge)
-wallet sync (blockchain filedownload, online wallet or waiting to sync)
-address generation (coin knowledge, the passphrase generates the address and there is no way to change it afterwards)
-windows storage handling (diskmanagment)
-windows timeserver (what is this? is it reliable?)
-plotter decision (java, cpu or gpu --> what is best for my rigs?)
-plotter parameters (nonce, scoops overlaps --> do exist websites to manage my files and to generate scripts?)
-plotting (this is what i only wanted to do)
-plotfile optimization (do i require to do so?)
-faucet or bought coins (i only want to pool mine to receive coins. where do i get one to set the reward assignment?)
-reward assignment (can i enter the numeric account id or can i use the BURST-XXXX address for it?)
-miner parameter (how do i tell the miner to mine with my plots for me? do i not need a pool account?)
-pool decision (where do i see which pool is best for me?)
-pool ui (where can i see that my reward assignment is set correctly?)
-pool ui (where do i see how much i get each day?)
-can i simply switch to solo or another pool if a pool is currently down or under ddos?

i personally think i know most answers to my questions in the above list but it was a learning process till there.

during the last couple of month i thought of simply putting some sort of ui together but the more i thought about it the more it made no sense cause the ui would be much too complex to be a big help for the average miner.

i would like to see the future development reducing the list to this:
-install the wallet
-generate a address
-tell which storage can be used
-plot in background
-create a pool account
-enter pool account into the mining system (yes pool account, the pool operator manages the first coin to set the reward recipient or holds the passphrase for the mining account and the user provides a payout address )
-monitor progress

mczarnek

Activity: 527
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:21:26 PM

@bitladen, you were saying that Burst will fail because it isn't distributed well enough.  The way I see it, it's far better distributed than BTC was at our size.  But by the same token, a coin(or company) is much more likely to succeed if you've got some people who are very well invested into it and have to work hard to make sure that they make money on the money they've invested.

This current dump is just bears getting off board, we'll be just fine in the long run and as you mentioned, it's great that we have an opportunity for new people who understand why POC is a big deal to come rushing in and be able to buy more.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
mczarnek

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:23:32 PM

Will this coin overtake bitcoin very doubtful will it be worth a lot probably not but with the development that has been around for it it can definitely come/stay in the top 10 altcoins. I think the coin is far from dieing. Most altcoins die because they are not unique and eventually the devs give up on it.

What`s about our dev?
Last Active:    May 01, 2015, 09:08:39 PM

He's still alive and working on some stuff.. just not posting much.  Which I don't mind.. better he works hard then spends his time reading every single message.

But you want to get more devs onboard, awesome!  Contact your local university and ask for interns.. great time of year to do it too.

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
bitladen

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 12:36:09 AM

Disclosing the content of any private message without getting permission to do so is something that I consider to be rather "poor behaviour" but if you are going to do so it should be at least accurate.

So let me state publicly that we have already worked out a variation of the ACCT that would be helpful in making it very hard to track funds being transferred between blockchains assuming enough such transfers (of the same amounts) were taking place. The method was outlined on this forum in a topic that I ended up locking due to it being spammed.

To be clear there is simply no point though in us (the CIYAM AT team) focusing on that until the initial ACCT has been published and we have had sufficient feedback to make it as "user friendly" as we can.

If @vbcs is interested in taking up the offer then perhaps create a CF AT for funding the creation of this special ACCT variation and I would perhaps also suggest that a "mixer" AT could be developed as well (that is designed just for moving fixed amounts between different accounts on the one blockchain).

hey, sorry, it didn't feel anything confidential, what I meant to do was to clarify that you didn't say you will do it yourself, just that it could be done, so that people don't get the wrong idea.

because the way I put it one could understand that you would be involved. I only mentioned you since you came up with the idea, but maybe not everyone here knew why

mmmaybe

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 12:57:31 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2015, 01:18:01 AM by mmmaybe

Disclosing the content of any private message without getting permission to do so is something that I consider to be rather "poor behaviour" but if you are going to do so it should be at least accurate.

So let me state publicly that we have already worked out a variation of the ACCT that would be helpful in making it very hard to track funds being transferred between blockchains assuming enough such transfers (of the same amounts) were taking place. The method was outlined on this forum in a topic that I ended up locking due to it being spammed.

To be clear there is simply no point though in us (the CIYAM AT team) focusing on that until the initial ACCT has been published and we have had sufficient feedback to make it as "user friendly" as we can.

If @vbcs is interested in taking up the offer then perhaps create a CF AT for funding the creation of this special ACCT variation and I would perhaps also suggest that a "mixer" AT could be developed as well (that is designed just for moving fixed amounts between different accounts on the one blockchain).

hey, sorry, it didn't feel anything confidential, what I meant to do was to clarify that you didn't say you will do it yourself, just that it could be done, so that people don't get the wrong idea.

because the way I put it one could understand that you would be involved. I only mentioned you since you came up with the idea, but maybe not everyone here knew why

vbcs, how much BURST is needed for making this interesting after the first ACCT is done? Would be great if you made a CF out of this, as CIYAM suggest.

I would at least commit 500K to the cause, making the "bounty" 2,650,000.

**edit: wrong numbers corrected

bitladen

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 01:01:28 AM

I realize that I am opening up my ideas to everyone, but the point of developing a cryptocurrency is not to get rich.  That's why we have mining and the developer is usually just one of the first to start.  What do you think about these possible BURST altcoins?  Keep the discussion in the Burst forum because it does not belong on this BitcoinTalk thread.  This post is only here because there are only a few that regularly visit the Burst forum and I will delete this post if someone on the Burst development team asks me.

https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/potential-burst-altcoins.806/

I prefer bitcointalk, they have proven to be a very open forum.  

@bitladen, you were saying that Burst will fail because it isn't distributed well enough.  The way I see it, it's far better distributed than BTC was at our size.

But by the same token, a coin(or company) is much more likely to succeed if you've got some people who are very well invested into it and have to work hard to make sure that they make money on the money they've invested.

A coin is not a company, not an open source p2p coin at least. The economics of such project are different.  If you wanted to make a proprietary coin you could have done so from the beginning like ripple or nxt. You chose the free, open source path (having taken the nxt codebase yourself), now everybody has the source, in an attempt of centralizing the coin, no doubt the net will get forked.

If you hold many burst, you could think that it's a good thing only a few people have them. But, it scares off investors, anyone buying the coin has to essentially trust the big holders. I personally don't. If anyone should hold big amounts of coin, and have my support, it would be the developers. I trust them more because they put a lot of work into making this, so they wouldn't destroy it so easily.

But then again this is a free project, therefore nobody owns it.  I see many claims on the thread recently. Like the patenting idea.

This current dump is just bears getting off board, we'll be just fine in the long run and as you mentioned, it's great that we have an opportunity for new people who understand why POC is a big deal to come rushing in and be able to buy more.
I agree! That's what I've been saying all along. Don't hold all the coin to yourself, dump some, let traders in. We need traders if we are to sell our coins. Having a monopoly over the coin doesn't work, it make the situation similar to a pre-mine coin.

bitladen

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 01:11:09 AM

vbcs, how much BURST is needed for making this interesting after the first ACCT is done? Would be great if you made a CF out of this, as CIYAM suggest.

I would at least commit 500K to the cause, making the "bounty" 2,615,000.

I will commit my 1M to the CF... lol I'm not even sure how the CF works Tongue But if you guys start it I will chip in.

Personally, I would be interested in coding it for 10M burst.
BUT, I'm not exactly trying to make 10M burst out of this. So don't start with accusations here. If somebody else wants to take the project, I'm all too happy to pay the bounty. I am very busy with some projects of my own.
But I feel that paying 1M for the anonymity feature, pays off by itself, this will undoubtedly increase the coin value, and I will make a good profit on the coins I still hold.

All I'm saying is that if nobody else starts working on it before 10M is reached I could step in, that's on the table.
But like I said, based on what CIYAM said on his thread, burst isn't specifically designed for anonymity, this would be more of a hack. Nevertheless it can be done.

mczarnek

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 03:46:34 AM

I would at least commit 500K to the cause, making the "bounty" 2,650,000.

**edit: wrong numbers corrected

I'll throw in 50k, making it: 2,700,000

Not trying to be cheap, it's an important feature.. just feel like there are other features that are much more important such as blockchain trimming, instant transactions, etc.

And let's face it, we've already got a pretty good privacy (no pun intended) feature, send your coins to an exchange, then send them back out to a different wallet address and it's pretty much as good as a mixer for those who really care about such a feature.. unless your a criminal who are the only people who really need privacy that is better than that at the moment.

I'd like to see blockchain trimming above all else, it's the one that most highlights a huge advantage of POC over POS.  Also it makes it much easier for new customers to try out our coin, wallet, and features if it's fast and easy to start the wallet.  I'll commit 500,000 Burst to blockchain trimming.. of course given enough time I'll implement it myself.  I've got all the necessary steps in mind and I'd be happy to help someone willing to implement it.

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Elit

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 05:21:08 AM

TBH first what i don't like about BURST its web wallet. Make me feel way to unsecured. Its why when i got 50k burst i decide to secure my walled and did ~~400 long pass wallet. Send new wallet few burst for get pub key and all. Did several times login in my new and old Wallet. After it i send All my burst 55k. Few days later i did attempt to login again and guess what. Login with same pass give me DIFFERENT burst address/wallet so i loss all my 55k burst earn during my first 50-60 days till build my ring and learn how to do BURST. Its some kind bug in wallet and if you make very long pass 300-400 and login with same pass few times after send burst you will see address /wallet can change sudden and you loss your burst. Im not sure how long pass is current limit but its really anointing problem and almost made me gave up BURST from begin when i cant control and secure my coins.

Make sure in new "improved" wallet with SSL its support longer pass and don't have this kind bugs.

One from main reasons why burst miners number don't grow fast is way to complicated setup all process till you start mine. For sure coin wont become success till this is not adapt to be easy for standard "windows users" not knowing much about computers and windows. Main advantage BURST is ECO friendly and no noise when you mine. Almost every one regular user have free space on his HDD and he can mine BURST if he can setup its easy.

Second big problem is burst pools. They all are unfair from user point view and take way to much from your earning. Simple compare with guy told me about BURST. He was mining 1-2 mounts before me all time in pool. I started later for ~~50-60 days pool mining till build my rings. For all this time i gained 55k burst. After it for 10-15 days solo with 21TB Ring i made ~~ same and i passed him in earning process when we have ~~ similar size rings. So he gave up all pools and start solo too. Solo is not possible for regular users having 1-2TB rings but still need better system for distribute earning from pools.
malickie

Activity: 92

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 05:28:09 AM

So, let's be honest here.  This coin is a total pain in the rear to set up mining.  People already have their GPU/CPU Miners set up and that is actually fairly simple to do.  The fact that there are so many steps to get a miner functional with this coin equals a huge loss that this coin could have if the set up was a bit easier.  I for one am fairly knowledgeable with computers and I find setting this coin up to be mined, honestly a waste of time because of the amount of steps to get it working.  Just my 2 cents.

you are right.
set the fact that the main intend for average miners is to mine some coins as point and click adventure for a few days burst is totally different.
the good thing all about this is that you dont have to wait for any hardware preorders and people learned how things work and keep mining after they managed to get their windows based rigs running 24/7 (during the first weeks the diff showed some triggered their  automatic windows updates at 3 am).
i personally only mine solo on linux without any issues and i am not familiar with the mining pipeline on windows.

if i understand the current components correctly this is the list people have to know about (my comments are added):
-java install (download)
-wallet startup (windows knowledge)
-wallet sync (blockchain filedownload, online wallet or waiting to sync)
-address generation (coin knowledge, the passphrase generates the address and there is no way to change it afterwards)
-windows storage handling (diskmanagment)
-windows timeserver (what is this? is it reliable?)
-plotter decision (java, cpu or gpu --> what is best for my rigs?)
-plotter parameters (nonce, scoops overlaps --> do exist websites to manage my files and to generate scripts?)
-plotting (this is what i only wanted to do)
-plotfile optimization (do i require to do so?)
-faucet or bought coins (i only want to pool mine to receive coins. where do i get one to set the reward assignment?)
-reward assignment (can i enter the numeric account id or can i use the BURST-XXXX address for it?)
-miner parameter (how do i tell the miner to mine with my plots for me? do i not need a pool account?)
-pool decision (where do i see which pool is best for me?)
-pool ui (where can i see that my reward assignment is set correctly?)
-pool ui (where do i see how much i get each day?)
-can i simply switch to solo or another pool if a pool is currently down or under ddos?

i personally think i know most answers to my questions in the above list but it was a learning process till there.

during the last couple of month i thought of simply putting some sort of ui together but the more i thought about it the more it made no sense cause the ui would be much too complex to be a big help for the average miner.

i would like to see the future development reducing the list to this:
-install the wallet
-generate a address
-tell which storage can be used
-plot in background
-create a pool account
-enter pool account into the mining system (yes pool account, the pool operator manages the first coin to set the reward recipient or holds the passphrase for the mining account and the user provides a payout address )
-monitor progress

Yes reducing the list to what you stated would be immensely helpful.  Especially with getting new miners involved in the coin.  Considering, I am guessing here, most new miners are not going to have insane hardware to begin with but everyone has a hard drive that could be used, well most people do anyway.

bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 07:31:56 AM

finally some decent volume on the market. this may turn out well

Do you have all your Burst on Poloniex ? Holding more back would help build confidence.

Nah, I have like 25% on Bittrex Tongue  I think I can trust them with 9 mil burst, better to be in the market than locked in the wallet

This isn't true. If people see a massive sell wall it deters them because it means the price isn't going to move up without a lot of volume. If you're listing 20BTC worth of sell orders on the market and there is only 11BTC worth of buy orders (most of which are half price and no where near the sell orders), no one is going to buy and the market loses confidence. You're better hiding that shit or just not listing a buy order.

I reckon one of the major stumbling blocks is that you have to download separate HTML files and type them into the address bar to see them.

Hardly anyone plays the AT lottery because there's no link to it from the main wallet page.
There's no easy link to see all, or search all, items in the marketplace either - you somehow have to know who is selling and then type in their address!
Ditto the crowdfunding.

We need an HTML/JS/jQuery/CSS person to integrate these pages into the main wallet.
Anyone have those skills? Burst available to see it happen...

Yup, the wallet needs a overhaul. A pub wallet available online with all the functionality would be a good step too. Reward recepient still doesn't have a 'spot' on the wallet itself and has a seperate address you have to manually type in.

Thank you!

This is good... Is there anyway to actually get it on the official domain instead of a random domain? 'Official' means Burstcoin is doing it, not someone else. Ideally this should be off of http://burstcoin.eu/. That is the most official site I've seen for Burstcoin.

The forums should really be moved there as well. All the bits and pieces of Burst need to be in one spot, unless Burstcoin.eu isn't actually owned by the devs?

Yup, in addition to a flushed out wallet, the coin needs a more streamlined process including the ability to setup and mine from the wallet (even if not as fast as other methods).

All this stuff is pretty baseline for other coins.

Ideally all these features should be compacted down to a .exe and some dependencies and/or a installer, JUST like other wallets. If Burst is going to be taken seriously it needs to look professional, not like a offshoot of something else.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
vaxman

Activity: 99

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 08:52:43 AM

Yup, in addition to a flushed out wallet, the coin needs a more streamlined process including the ability to setup and mine from the wallet (even if not as fast as other methods).

Ideally all these features should be compacted down to a .exe and some dependencies and/or a installer, JUST like other wallets. If Burst is going to be taken seriously it needs to look professional, not like a offshoot of something else.

just my 0.02 reg. the UI criticism.

I agree on that it should be a lot less complex to set up to mine.

I strongly disagree on most things that were said about the wallet UI and technical implementation.
In my opinion this wallet is even better than the bitcoin wallet,

as you simply have no local data,
  no backup and secure storage of anything other than your passphrase is needed,
  the wallet is easily reachable on a network port with plain http, the "security" part happening inside your browser.

From my perspective it couldn't possibly get any better.

Yes, there _might_ be a better Asset-exchange and marketplace presentation layer, but I have no idea on how to present it on screen without it getting cluttered and un-navigable. So I'm with the devs here; market/asset announcements,descriptions,discussions happen outside on some forum or market-indexing website.

Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 09:23:40 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2015, 12:41:38 PM by Rabinovitch

Hi all!

I am very new to this coin, but first thing I'd like to say is that crowetic's mining guide seems to be updated... In particular, it offers to create an account using some third-party tools while I was able to do it directly during the wallet installation. It's much easier, isn't it?..

Also I found that Windows wallet installation guide (http://burstcoin.info/guides/) need to be updated too. For example, there's no need to edit run_java.bat under new walet's folder. Such file even does not exist there! In my case all java paths has been automatically found and wallet has been normally started with run.bat from the very first attempt.

My goal is to make plots now (I want to make RAID0 with two 3Tb disks for BURST 'cause I heard that plots are being generated faster on RAID0). Then to start so called "mining".  Grin

Any advices are very welcomed!

p.s. bhamon's GPU plot generator 4.0.3 can't detect my R9 290s automatically, only with use of "setup" option.

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
xizmax

Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 09:24:08 AM

TBH first what i don't like about BURST its web wallet. Make me feel way to unsecured. Its why when i got 50k burst i decide to secure my walled and did ~~400 long pass wallet. Send new wallet few burst for get pub key and all. Did several times login in my new and old Wallet. After it i send All my burst 55k. Few days later i did attempt to login again and guess what. Login with same pass give me DIFFERENT burst address/wallet so i loss all my 55k burst earn during my first 50-60 days till build my ring and learn how to do BURST. Its some kind bug in wallet and if you make very long pass 300-400 and login with same pass few times after send burst you will see address /wallet can change sudden and you loss your burst. Im not sure how long pass is current limit but its really anointing problem and almost made me gave up BURST from begin when i cant control and secure my coins.

Make sure in new "improved" wallet with SSL its support longer pass and don't have this kind bugs.

One from main reasons why burst miners number don't grow fast is way to complicated setup all process till you start mine. For sure coin wont become success till this is not adapt to be easy for standard "windows users" not knowing much about computers and windows. Main advantage BURST is ECO friendly and no noise when you mine. Almost every one regular user have free space on his HDD and he can mine BURST if he can setup its easy.

I believe the maximum password length is 1024 characters, therefore your early issue was most likely a copy paste error like a trailing space or a cut off character(s). If you still have the password I suggest you try to access that account but with careful copy paste.

This is good... Is there anyway to actually get it on the official domain instead of a random domain? 'Official' means Burstcoin is doing it, not someone else. Ideally this should be off of http://burstcoin.eu/. That is the most official site I've seen for Burstcoin.

burstcoin.eu is owned by smaxer, although he is part of the PR team we've agreed to use burstcoin.info as our 'official' site.

BURST, your C:\urrency
Follow us on https://twitter.com/burstcoin_dev
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 03:44:31 PM

I could easily point wallet.burstcoin.info to my wallet, and I'll do that, I'm currently the holder of the "official" domain as well. burstcoin.info.

I can keep the wallet at burst.city and also have it there. no big deal. I'll work on it.

edit - only issue is that my ssl cert I made is for my burst.city domain... so I would have to make another, shouldn't be a big deal though. I'm having the ssl implemented as soon as cat can do it. I trust his skills much more than mine in this area.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 03:57:55 PM

just my 0.02 reg. the UI criticism.

I agree on that it should be a lot less complex to set up to mine.

I strongly disagree on most things that were said about the wallet UI and technical implementation.
In my opinion this wallet is even better than the bitcoin wallet,

as you simply have no local data,
  no backup and secure storage of anything other than your passphrase is needed,
  the wallet is easily reachable on a network port with plain http, the "security" part happening inside your browser.

From my perspective it couldn't possibly get any better.

Yes, there _might_ be a better Asset-exchange and marketplace presentation layer, but I have no idea on how to present it on screen without it getting cluttered and un-navigable. So I'm with the devs here; market/asset announcements,descriptions,discussions happen outside on some forum or market-indexing website.

I agree about it being a good setup. You just need dependencies and it's not a clean .exe you simply run. It looks intimidating.

You can integrate assets into the wallet and still make it easy to navigate. Having stuff all over doesn't help (like reward recipient still isn't integrated).

burstcoin.eu is owned by smaxer, although he is part of the PR team we've agreed to use burstcoin.info as our 'official' site.

There are just too many 'official' domains floating around. I've been around here awhile and still thought burstcoin.eu was the official site and I've never visited burstcoin.info. I'm not sure why the 'official' forums are floating off on their own domain too.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
Pages: « 1 ... 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 [1038] 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: