Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:17:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375256 times)
JimmyTaylor

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 04:46:50 AM

I agree jaw. I want to help price support with or without big exchanges alhough I think this helps with volume and traffic for magi

Coin Magi the First M7M coin defeating botnets and benefiting community at large. join irc for rain of xmg https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#magi

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jawitech

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 04:56:38 AM

That's the point. We are still lack of sufficient promotions of XMG

The question is: What makes XMG unique? What's the value, the unique feature that makes it better than other coins? We mostly spoke about the CPU mineable thing. That's cool for miners, but we need to explain the non-mining people, why they should invest in XMG, how we will increase the value.

Do you have a list or graphic for that? I'm gonna do some research, finding blogs, websites that might want to write about XMG.

Additionally I'm doing some research and brainstorming finding more promo ideas. Already have some ideas in my mind but not a finished concept.
We still should know who in this community can help developing tools, features, ads (programming skills, no matter what language; doing graphics, videos).

Also, like I suggested before, you might want to think about increasing the PoS rate.

- At Bter I can deposit my coins and get (only for some coins) a daily interest payment https://bter.com/myaccount/interest
- I mentioned a thread at bitcointalk called High Pos Journal. They are not interested in XMG due to too low %

joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:01:37 AM

I agree but let me point out another point of view:

When listed on a big exchange like Cryptsy or Bittrex, people (miners, traders, investors) are making pressure on the DEV. Cause price will only increase when new features are on the way. So there will be a lot of pressure on you. With the current situation, you have more time. There's a still lot to do, website, spreading the hash (currently PoS has 66% of all blocks, Nonce-pool 28% and suprnova only 6%) and much more.

XMG has a steady value of 2000-3000, that's more than many other new coins have. Not bad for a new coin in the "early days". Lemurcoin for example has 10x the value but there will only be 100k coins in total, so not to compare.

With giveaways, a multipool and more pointing out the CPU mineable fact, we will attract more people, making them interested in finding out more about Magi, staking their coins or exchanging them which leads to more volume.

I like this part; I only got a little bit time now to overview what's happening, and trying to sort out the things all over the place, and thus people can catch desired stuffs easily. At some point, I was wrong, cause I would think big exchanges get more people into the coin, or without that, initial excitement people had just go down over time; it is sort of intriguing those coins having "big" exchange at the launch (can't figure out how this can be done), but think in a different point of view, you're absolutely right.

Like I said, a representative/advertiser for the chinese market, who knows this market, would be awesome. Let's add this to the to-do-list.

btw, I only have currently around 400 XMG (so I'm not one of the top coin holders, just a simple miner) but I'm willing to help making XMG a great and valueable coin. That explains my commitment  Smiley

Appreciated your so active voice, jawitech. I saw you're in the PoM; I believe that will be a start.  Smiley

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Coin Source : Trust Verified    [ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ]
  ♓.NΣTWORK-DΣPΣNDΣNT  RΣWARDING SYSTΣM  ※ 
  ANN THREAD MAGIPAY FAQ FORUM
.CPU Mining   PoS-II   PoM   Unique Block Reward 
jawitech

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:07:41 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2014, 05:19:18 AM by jawitech

it is sort of intriguing those coins having "big" exchange at the launch (can't figure out how this can be done), but think in a different point of view, you're absolutely right.

It's simple: Pay Bittrex a listing fee of 5 BTC and they list you not due to "public interest" but due to "financial interest"  Grin
But that's mostly scam coins and I think a good coin with an active community and a honest, reliable and busy DEV doesn't need that...we will make XMG so interesting, that they will list it themself.

I'm off for the moment, ttyl.
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:26:56 AM

The question is: What makes XMG unique? What's the value, the unique feature that makes it better than other coins? We mostly spoke about the CPU mineable thing. That's cool for miners, but we need to explain the non-mining people, why they should invest in XMG, how we will increase the value.

The last sentence is absolutely the key.

Do you have a list or graphic for that? I'm gonna do some research, finding blogs, websites that might want to write about XMG.
We will work on that and may get a written article which can be a template for press to be published. Writer can get it revised with their own styles, but the idea will be what you mentioned

Additionally I'm doing some research and brainstorming finding more promo ideas. Already have some ideas in my mind but not a finished concept.
We still should know who in this community can help developing tools, features, ads (programming skills, no matter what language; doing graphics, videos).
We have few coders around; basically we can decide the task and then ask around. The bottom line is to offer bounty or pay for that to get it done. So the next things will be a roadmap to get the things sorted out, then we will have a clear idea about what to be working on.

Also, like I suggested before, you might want to think about increasing the PoS rate.

- At Bter I can deposit my coins and get (only for some coins) a daily interest payment https://bter.com/myaccount/interest
- I mentioned a thread at bitcointalk called High Pos Journal. They are not interested in XMG due to too low %
My feeling is that high rate PoS might not be a good option to go, though I don't have solid evidence against that. High rate will trigger short-term interests for sure, but for the long run, generating high amount of coins will be more like hardware mining, people will dump when time comes. In particular price dropping is a reasonable sign for dumping, and that could likely ruins a coin. I can see PoS coins in the top list of coinmarketcap are with relative low interest rate (like BC, VRC, let me know if I missed high PoS ones). Either way, PoS is on my list to look into, will need to check staking vs mining and look into stuffs to get enhanced version of PoS-II.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:32:06 AM

it is sort of intriguing those coins having "big" exchange at the launch (can't figure out how this can be done), but think in a different point of view, you're absolutely right.

It's simple: Pay Bittrex a listing fee of 5 BTC and they list you not due to "public interest" but due to "financial interest"  Grin
But that's mostly scam coins and I think a good coin with an active community and a honest, reliable and busy DEV doesn't need that...we will make XMG so interesting, that they will list it themself.

ttyl. Satoshi will hate to see the time has evolved into such that a coin can get popular in a month, while BTC has been there years for people to pick up. Also we shouldn't forget that Satoshi has rejected the very early adoption to protect the coin itself.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 06:04:06 AM

Send you some XMG!
Keep up the good job!

Many thanks, but my wallet did not receive anything Sad I double-checked that I posted the correct address. I fear you may have sent something to a black hole my friend Sad Shit happens Cheesy

Sorry, maybe it was a bit late for me yesterday.  Roll Eyes
I was a small detail forgotten
They are coming now!

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
lacie

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:56:18 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2014, 09:30:27 AM by lacie

The last sentence is absolutely the key.

We will work on that and may get a written article which can be a template for press to be published. Writer can get it revised with their own styles, but the idea will be what you mentioned

We have few coders around; basically we can decide the task and then ask around. The bottom line is to offer bounty or pay for that to get it done. So the next things will be a roadmap to get the things sorted out, then we will have a clear idea about what to be working on.

My feeling is that high rate PoS might not be a good option to go, though I don't have solid evidence against that. High rate will trigger short-term interests for sure, but for the long run, generating high amount of coins will be more like hardware mining, people will dump when time comes. In particular price dropping is a reasonable sign for dumping, and that could likely ruins a coin. I can see PoS coins in the top list of coinmarketcap are with relative low interest rate (like BC, VRC, let me know if I missed high PoS ones). Either way, PoS is on my list to look into, will need to check staking vs mining and look into stuffs to get enhanced version of PoS-II.

Your feeling is absolutely right. Good pos coin must be low interest,because low interest has good flowability. In FIAT,US dollar is the best currency(it has low interest).  High interest= scam.  In my opinion, 5% is a little high, 1%-3% is a good option. If a cryptocoin exceeds 5% pos interest, i just walk away.

Plus, I want to say some thing about the exchange:
my favorite bitcoin exchange is okcoin,my favorite altcoin exchange is mintpal(before shit moohpay has taken over),not other things,just because they have good ui. Recently i just realize my third favorite exchange is cryptoine, because it also has good ui and keeps optimizing itself, it reminds me the former mintpal, it's a new exchange, a lot of people just don't know it. Good things always take time. Magi coin already has a good start.
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 10:50:20 AM

That's the point. We are still lack of sufficient promotions of XMG and XMG is yet to have "big" exchange, which are quite critical to get the coin and miners a hype. Despite this, the multipool will be a good start for people who want to get XMG by mining scrypt/x11 coins.

With giveaways, a multipool and more pointing out the CPU mineable fact, we will attract more people, making them interested in finding out more about Magi, staking their coins or exchanging them which leads to more volume.

Like I said, a representative/advertiser for the chinese market, who knows this market, would be awesome. Let's add this to the to-do-list.

btw, I only have currently around 400 XMG (so I'm not one of the top coin holders, just a simple miner) but I'm willing to help making XMG a great and valueable coin. That explains my commitment  Smiley

A multipool isn't a good idea... the coin is hard to mine, and that's part of its identity, so if you get more coin through the multipool,
it will kill the coin network as nobody will continue to mine it through the standard channel (and PoS interest aren't really attractive for that coin...).
People want xmg and don't want to mine xmg, then there is exchange, they can sell their mined darkcoin for xmg if they want.
No need for a multipool, not mentionning that how the pool operator convert between coin is always very obscure.

multipool are not coin friendly in general, and multipool for pos coin never really worked either (except may-be for blackcoin), and the "automatic" one are operated by multipool which in general aren't even profitable for the real coin they mine (and gives you payment only if you reach certain btc value you can't even reach within a week)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
The Frisian
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 12:25:53 PM

ttyl. Satoshi will hate to see the time has evolved into such that a coin can get popular in a month, while BTC has been there years for people to pick up. Also we shouldn't forget that Satoshi has rejected the very early adoption to protect the coin itself.

I can't agree more, +1
Spexx

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 12:46:10 PM

Send you some XMG!
Keep up the good job!

Many thanks, but my wallet did not receive anything Sad I double-checked that I posted the correct address. I fear you may have sent something to a black hole my friend Sad Shit happens Cheesy

They are coming now!

Just spotted them in my wallet. Wow! Very generous. Half that amount would still have been a lot Cheesy Thanks.

Spexx

Activity: 350

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 12:50:08 PM

Shameless repost just in case anybody missed it. There is so much activity on here!

NEW SOFTWARE RELEASE

Windows 64 bit miners

I have released my new generic 64 bit Windows minerd. Benefits include:-

Seven percent higher hashrate than previous generic version.
Greater stability.
Only three required DLLs.
Full multi-thread support (i.e. -t [n] or --threads=[n] where n = any number you want).
Runs on any CPU that supports 64 bit Windows.
Can be used for stratum pool mining (Suprnova and Noncepool) or solo mining with the wallet.

I have updated my full package (which includes the automine.bat "wrapper") on the same links as before:-

Windows 64 bit .rar https://www.dropbox.com/s/hiadf8o5u7bsit7/XMGpoolminerWin64.rar?dl=0

Windows 64 bit self-extracting .exe https://www.dropbox.com/s/dw7yjssjrrqp0m1/XMGpoolminerWin64.exe?dl=0

I have added a zip file version as well for those that do not have a .rar unzipper:-

Windows 64 bit .zip https://www.dropbox.com/s/6hmlajdp0qgmcfi/XMGpoolminerWin64.zip?dl=0

If you just want to update your minerd and do not need anything else, you can find the collection of binaries (four files) here:-

Windows 64 bit .rar https://www.dropbox.com/s/q8puq9w6uc240mx/Spexx-Win64-generic-XMGminerd.rar?dl=0

Windows 64 bit .zip https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8i726sxnwe2wxa/Spexx-Win64-generic-XMGminerd.zip?dl=0

Please report your experiences with this new minerd, good, bad or indifferent, on this forum thread please. If you are one of those nice people who appreciates all the time and effort that went into producing this FREE software for you and this community, please consider making a modest donation of XMG coins to me at XMG: 9EQ342ssXSxmpDURs6XNxAajB14DQzJDNX - thanks in advance for your generosity Wink

Happy Hashing Cheesy

echo00114

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 03:57:06 PM

hello
i try tor wallet but not working perfectly Sad

not sync the wallet i see some time 2 connection and nothing happen

how put the connections ? i create mgi.conf its correct ?

my wallet download 7432 block and stop.

of course i only put the data dir wallet.dat and magi.conf

some idea ? i use win7 x64
thanx
lordmick

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 04:53:28 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2014, 11:58:44 AM by lordmick

Want to try this simple jackpot lottery?..

Edit: new url.. the last one still working but was unstable

http://lotto.dhs.org/magilotto/
ex33s

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:30:39 PM

http://lotto.ddns.net/magilotto/

Entered with 1 xmg Wink

When are you drawing the winner?
Answer: When 100 tickets been sold.

Edit: Didn't read the page that clearly, found the answer myself Smiley

111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 07:06:29 PM

Send you some XMG!
Keep up the good job!

They are coming now!

Just spotted them in my wallet. Wow! Very generous. Half that amount would still have been a lot Cheesy Thanks.
You very welcome!
Keep up the good work!
XMG is the next genaration!

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 09:55:35 PM

Your feeling is absolutely right. Good pos coin must be low interest,because low interest has good flowability. In FIAT,US dollar is the best currency(it has low interest).  High interest= scam.  In my opinion, 5% is a little high, 1%-3% is a good option. If a cryptocoin exceeds 5% pos interest, i just walk away.

The current interest rate is about 4.5% according the network weight; would like hear more voice on this.

Plus, I want to say some thing about the exchange:
my favorite bitcoin exchange is okcoin,my favorite altcoin exchange is mintpal(before shit moohpay has taken over),not other things,just because they have good ui. Recently i just realize my third favorite exchange is cryptoine, because it also has good ui and keeps optimizing itself, it reminds me the former mintpal, it's a new exchange, a lot of people just don't know it. Good things always take time. Magi coin already has a good start.

cryptoine will be happy to hear this. Smiley I learned someone earlier liked cryptoine too Smiley

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 10:23:47 PM

http://lotto.ddns.net/magilotto/

Entered with 1 xmg Wink

When are you drawing the winner?
Answer: When 100 tickets been sold.

Edit: Didn't read the page that clearly, found the answer myself Smiley

Thanks for the site, added to the OP.
Looks good
Current pot is 53.00 XMG

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 10:24:46 PM

hello
i try tor wallet but not working perfectly Sad

not sync the wallet i see some time 2 connection and nothing happen

how put the connections ? i create mgi.conf its correct ?

my wallet download 7432 block and stop.

of course i only put the data dir wallet.dat and magi.conf

some idea ? i use win7 x64
thanx

I will be checking, try relaunch the wallet too.
Nodes:
Code:
connect=nb57fbprx2pstey5.onion
connect=efgnprvedrxxot7l.onion
connect=mwjrcnqk6oj4s3qn.onion
connect=w7z5pnnpa377fovn.onion
connect=qpv345rnosrrfjwc.onion

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
darzhel

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:01:58 PM

looking at the rich list, I must admit I am very skeptical about coin future if that 1M of xmg remains...
It would be good to have weekly update on what getting swapped and when the remaining will start to get destroy.

Because of the new swap ratio, I think destruction of the coin should start.
Also can you tell how much coin will be distributed through the PoM

It'll be sure that we will burn most of coins. So far,  68,714 XMG has been been swapped, total mined XMG is 929,054, so coins swapped is 6.9% of all of coins in circulation (swap+mined). The discussion with Polo going on is about holding all of swap coins by them and the swap process. About 1.1M XMG (all of coins in the top of rich list) will be handed over. Once the plan is confirmed, we will decide how much to be burned.

There will be 112,505 XMG available for PoM, and each participant will receive about 1000 XMG according to the number of participants so far.

To all others, there is still a chance to participate; read the post for more info:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=802681.0
Sign up here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1c8tmugKbUoU36G6AFwOy-syaAUdPvnzRSfMqtKulBC0/viewform?usp=send_form

Participant list:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gidr25D6TLgfU0R0RGdRUAhWyVxWBtn9tuxZQgFqNxE/edit?usp=sharing

Hello everyone. How do I get listed? and submit the form. regards
Pages: « 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: