Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:11:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375256 times)
aceoyame

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 04:54:45 PM

Also, the generic miner if I recall only utilizes SSE2 and no further instruction sets.

Nope and you have not done your homework. It supports AVX, AVX2 and XOP provided that the CPU and operating system support them. Take a look at the documentation provided with the source code at https://github.com/noncepool/m7magi-cpuminer and then re-read what I said earlier about CPU architectures and instruction sets. I have done my homework.

Any IF statements in the source I found that relate to using SSE or ANY optimizations appears to be commented out. It could very well be using x87 for all I can tell from that source.

Here is the configuration I use with the other miners

Start ivy.exe -a m7mhash -o stratum+tcp://mine2.magi.nonce-pool.com:4090 -u aceoyame.1 -p notgivingit -t 4

Note that I only have my username of my worker and my password? There is not a 3rd\4th input needed

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Spexx

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 05:09:46 PM

If you have a workaround though then what we can do is simply include my scripts to make the multiple windows silent except for the one with output and upon termination it closes all the processes.

That function is already built in to the Setup.bat, as I already pointed out. It asks you a question about this and the default answer is for the output from all the minerd processes to be displayed in one window. Closing that one window terminates all miner processes. I already thought about that. There is also a small tweak that will display the output from all the miner processes AND the monitor program in one window, but I did not document that.

The biggest problem with ease of use right now is definitely in how you are authenticating with stratum. For the life of me I cannot get it to authenticate.

Maybe that is because you insist on doing it the wrong way Cheesy At least you have now told me that the problem you are getting is to do with stratum authentication. Are you saying that if you just run automine.bat without any parameters or other tweaks/patches that it fails to connect with a stratum authentication error? Are you using the minerd.exe provided with the package? My tip would be to edit the failover.bat file to remove the line that says "@echo off" and run it up again. This should display the actual command line that is being used to start minerd.exe - the problem has to be there.

aceoyame

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 05:19:43 PM

If you have a workaround though then what we can do is simply include my scripts to make the multiple windows silent except for the one with output and upon termination it closes all the processes.

That function is already built in to the Setup.bat, as I already pointed out. It asks you a question about this and the default answer is for the output from all the minerd processes to be displayed in one window. Closing that one window terminates all miner processes. I already thought about that. There is also a small tweak that will display the output from all the miner processes AND the monitor program in one window, but I did not document that.

The biggest problem with ease of use right now is definitely in how you are authenticating with stratum. For the life of me I cannot get it to authenticate.

Maybe that is because you insist on doing it the wrong way Cheesy At least you have now told me that the problem you are getting is to do with stratum authentication. Are you saying that if you just run automine.bat without any parameters or other tweaks/patches that it fails to connect with a stratum authentication error? Are you using the minerd.exe provided with the package? My tip would be to edit the failover.bat file to remove the line that says "@echo off" and run it up again. This should display the actual command line that is being used to start minerd.exe - the problem has to be there.

I can't get it to be Aceoyame.1 at all in any of the configurations I tried in myminer.bat At worse it can be malicious as it tried mining as you when misconfigured or if you run the wrong file. If you have the first value after automine.bat as null, in this case "" it sets a username of spexx and mines as that

Why not just do it the normal way and allow someone to specify a worker ID? All you need to do is store a variable.

Edit: Simply running automine.bat produces the same result. Why are you including logic to mine as you in the miner?
Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 05:44:32 PM

Any IF statements in the source I found that relate to using SSE or ANY optimizations appears to be commented out. It could very well be using x87 for all I can tell from that source.

Your ivy.exe was compiled from the same source as my generic miner, just a different compiler and more specific optimization flags were used. I had no idea that instruction set optimizations had been commented out. It is not my code, I am not a C++ programmer and have not been through it. That might explain some of my benchmark findings actually Smiley

Start ivy.exe -a m7mhash -o stratum+tcp://mine2.magi.nonce-pool.com:4090 -u aceoyame.1 -p notgivingit -t 4

Note that I only have my username of my worker and my password? There is not a 3rd\4th input needed

Ok good. You have a login name of aceoyame and a worker name of 1 with a password of notgivingit. You do not have my recommended configuration of an alphabetic workername, or multiple alphabetic worker names with a numeric suffix, numbered consecutively. If you go through my Setup.bat, you should enter your login name as aceoyame, your worker name as 1 and your worker number should be blank, otherwise it will get screwed and probably assume your worker names to be something like 11, 12, 13 etc which would explain the stratum authentication errors. I strongly recommend that you set up your pool worker names as Worker0, Worker1, Worker2 etc - one for each minerd process (i.e. one for each CPU core in your computer). Having a single worker with multiple miners pointing at it is the wrong way to do it and requires the use of the "extranonce" parameter to work properly, which is another can of worms that I did not want to get into. As always it is a case of RTFM. Follow my instructions/recommendations to the letter and don't try to get clever and it will most likely work just fine.

Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 05:47:03 PM

Edit: Simply running automine.bat produces the same result. Why are you including logic to mine as you in the miner?

Oh for goodness sake RTFM. This is documented in the read.me as well as the automine.bat file header.

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 05:49:52 PM

Your ivy.exe was compiled from the same source as my generic miner, just a different compiler and more specific optimization flags were used. I had no idea that instruction set optimizations had been commented out. It is not my code, I am not a C++ programmer and have not been through it. That might explain some of my benchmark findings actually Smiley

Ok good. You have a login name of aceoyame and a worker name of 1 with a password of notgivingit. You do not have my recommended configuration of an alphabetic workername, or multiple alphabetic worker names with a numeric suffix, numbered consecutively. If you go through my Setup.bat, you should enter your login name as aceoyame, your worker name as 1 and your worker number should be blank, otherwise it will get screwed and probably assume your worker names to be something like 11, 12, 13 etc which would explain the stratum authentication errors. I strongly recommend that you set up your pool worker names as Worker0, Worker1, Worker2 etc - one for each minerd process (i.e. one for each CPU core in your computer). Having a single worker with multiple miners pointing at it is the wrong way to do it and requires the use of the "extranonce" parameter to work properly, which is another can of worms that I did not want to get into. As always it is a case of RTFM. Follow my instructions/recommendations to the letter and don't try to get clever and it will most likely work just fine.
no offense but when you give explanation put a few spaces in your paragraph, don't write one sentence of 5 lines...
I almost felt asleep in the middle (actually I haven't been able to read it to the end...  Grin)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
aceoyame

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 05:51:54 PM

no offense but when you give explanation put a few spaces in your paragraph, don't write one sentence of 5 lines...
I almost felt asleep in the middle (actually I haven't been able to read it to the end...  Grin)

orly? Is that why my 20 machines pointing at my one worker ID works fine? I have 40 machines split between two users ID's.

As for saying to RTFM do you expect people to do that? They are going to simply click whatever they think is the right file and get going. I am already working on a script to try to package things easier.

I am taking simplicity-myr and cutting it way the hell down for now
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 06:30:50 PM

FYI:
Give-away in China; first target has almost been reached.
At the moment there are various pieces written for other websites.
I myself am in agreement with companies for adding new services.
The XMG thread (other languages​​) are almost all updated.

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 06:59:50 PM

Is that why my 20 machines pointing at my one worker ID works fine? I have 40 machines split between two users ID's.

Oh that works. It gives very little indication of any problem, but if you are very observant you will spot it. You need to study further to see why it doesn't work just fine.

As for saying to RTFM do you expect people to do that?

Yes. Why didn't you? When you couldn't get it working, you still didn't RTFM. Excuse me while I go bang my head against a brick wall Cheesy

They are going to simply click whatever they think is the right file and get going.

Which is one of the reasons why if you just start automine.bat it works right out of the box. Same thing with XMGminer.bat and Myminer.bat too.

I am already working on a script to try to package things easier.

I am taking simplicity-myr and cutting it way the hell down for now

That's good. I look forward to seeing the finished article and would be very happy to test it out. I have no problem with somebody taking the ideas and producing a slick Windows app for it. If you can find a way of collecting all the required information to start mining without asking a single question of the user, then it will be truly remarkable Cheesy Clairvoyant mode Cheesy

Meanwhile, I have 64 bit and 32 bit versions of minerd with the new algo compiled and tested, ready to go.

aceoyame

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 07:04:53 PM

That's good. I look forward to seeing the finished article and would be very happy to test it out. I have no problem with somebody taking the ideas and producing a slick Windows app for it. If you can find a way of collecting all the required information to start mining without asking a single question of the user, then it will be truly remarkable Cheesy Clairvoyant mode Cheesy

Good thing I already have something damn near close to a single click for a much more complicated coin

http://myriadplatform.org/simplicity/

Also there's a GUI update coming later that I could bring over

http://myriadplatform.org/simplicity-gui-update/
Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 07:31:48 PM

I almost felt asleep in the middle (actually I haven't been able to read it to the end...  Grin)

Rofl Cheesy Cheesy

Grammar Nazi would like to point out there was no sentence spanning five lines anyway Wink Plenty of full stops and correct use of the apostrophe too!

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 08:18:46 PM

I almost felt asleep in the middle (actually I haven't been able to read it to the end...  Grin)

Rofl Cheesy Cheesy

Grammar Nazi would like to point out there was no sentence spanning five lines anyway Wink Plenty of full stops and correct use of the apostrophe too!
not grammar nazi, as english isn't my mother tongue, just someone who thinks that ultra-dense text are completely unreadable (or at least unpleasant) especially on an international forum. Stop trying to make people blind  Grin

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
aceoyame

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 08:45:06 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2014, 08:58:03 PM by aceoyame

Here is the first release of Simplicity-XMG

Feel free to provide feedback and let me know of any bugs. Here is the Repo https://github.com/aceoyame/Simplicity-xmg

Use the download zip option to download simplicity. Instructions for what to do are in the repo as well

Edit: Just wanted to say it isn't as feature packed as Simplicity-MYR since XMG does not have P2Pool or electrum yet but I am working towards getting us those.

This is a stopgap for now. It also uses existing miners and will be updated with new ones after the hard fork. I have been in contact with the appropriate people for that
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 08:53:03 PM

Enormously proud of this community!
I've never seen so many developments and cooperation.
It really is exellent to see.
Keep it up.
The marketing side of Magi is working hard to expand the possibilities and the community of XMG.

Thank you for your work Aceoyame!!!

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
hollowframe

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 10:51:03 PM

innovation everywhere. This needs to be on top !
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 04:34:58 AM

Here is the first release of Simplicity-XMG

Feel free to provide feedback and let me know of any bugs. Here is the Repo https://github.com/aceoyame/Simplicity-xmg

Use the download zip option to download simplicity. Instructions for what to do are in the repo as well

Edit: Just wanted to say it isn't as feature packed as Simplicity-MYR since XMG does not have P2Pool or electrum yet but I am working towards getting us those.

This is a stopgap for now. It also uses existing miners and will be updated with new ones after the hard fork. I have been in contact with the appropriate people for that
Thanks for the work, aceoyame, just had a try, works great.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Coin Source : Trust Verified    [ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ]
  ♓.NΣTWORK-DΣPΣNDΣNT  RΣWARDING SYSTΣM  ※ 
  ANN THREAD MAGIPAY FAQ FORUM
.CPU Mining   PoS-II   PoM   Unique Block Reward 
JimmyTaylor

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 05:37:00 AM

What's next?

Coin Magi the First M7M coin defeating botnets and benefiting community at large. join irc for rain of xmg https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#magi
ex33s

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 06:16:10 AM

What's next?

What would you actually want to see happen next?

JimmyTaylor

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 08:31:52 AM

We can do anything.

What's next?

Coin Magi the First M7M coin defeating botnets and benefiting community at large. join irc for rain of xmg https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#magi
ex33s

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 09:34:56 AM

We can do anything.

What's next?

I thought you had something special in mind Smiley
But you right that we can do anything but what will bring the most for us?

I think we should focus on getting more services for the coin. Getting a solid base where you actually can use your coins.
But also setting up some web pages so we increase the footprint of info about the coin, specially localized versions.

Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: