Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:45:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375256 times)
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 05:58:46 AM

Another option of compiling on windows is using mingw if you'd like to try that out too. Smiley

Believe me, I've tried Cheesy It is really clunky and I have had no end of problems with it. I just can't seem to get a 64 bit version of mingw to play ball with me. I am even having trouble with the 32 bit version this time but will get there eventually. Please let me know when I can run up the testnet wallet again without interfering with anything you are doing at the moment. My new version of minerd for the new algo gives a hashrate around 31 percent of the hashrate obtainable with the current algo, but otherwise has much the same properties and still runs best if started with multiple instances as opposed to multiple threads. It is about 51 percent faster than the miner built into the wallet.

Spexx, I've done the testnet, you can run the wallet now, will need to download a new wallet though (from here: http://cryptomagic.com/files/magi-release/testnet/ (v1.0.0.4)), cause I just made a hardfork to implement the new difficulty adjustment algo. If you can detect any difficulty change/network hashrate variation that is more stable than before, let me know. I will be expecting this is what we'll get but testnet has much less hashrate and may hardly tell the truth probably.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Coin Source : Trust Verified    [ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ]
  ♓.NΣTWORK-DΣPΣNDΣNT  RΣWARDING SYSTΣM  ※ 
  ANN THREAD MAGIPAY FAQ FORUM
.CPU Mining   PoS-II   PoM   Unique Block Reward 
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 06:10:33 AM

Hey there, I worked on Simplicity-MYR and just switched my CPU miners to this coin (still GPU & ASIC mining MYR)

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in me writing it to work with this coin? It'd be a minor rewrite and make it much more noob friendly.

https://github.com/aceoyame/Simplicity-MYR

Granted I would need some other dev's to work with me but we could make it work here too.

The new 64bit miner that just came out is a giant clusterfuck and couldn't make it work. This would be much more simple. All you guys need is electrum or for the wallet to export the wallet address in plaintext somewhere as well as P2Pool or a pool that is happy taking wallet addresses as the user name.

aceoyame, just had a rough looking over the things, not quite getting the tasks to be done to get this work, but guess we'll need a miner (Spexx's miner should work the way as easy as the miners other people provided) and a P2P (or NOMP, I think), unfortunately we don't have these two options yet.

Anyone else may give a hand on this. Thx.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
SamWalters

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Sam Mother Fuckin' Walters

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 07:32:49 AM

just saw this post. Pretty impressed by the outlook from other contributors. Great work Spexx! 

Software release for 64-bit Windows

Finally here! This is the latest "generic" version of minerd.exe compiled with the latest version of the Cygwin compiler, plus a bunch of Windows batch files to help you get it running perfectly in double-quick time. Essentially, to get started with XMG on 64-bit Windows, you only have to download the wallet and this package, run my Setup.bat and it will do everything else for you. You do not have to edit any configuration files (e.g. magi.conf) or create any batch files. All you have to do is answer the questions about how you want it to run in your particular circumstances.

It has never been easier to get up and running with a cryptocoin on Windows!

When you have run the Setup.bat, starting the miner is simply a matter of running XMGminer.bat, which includes a miner monitor program, or running Myminer.bat which just starts the miner. If you want to test it before running Setup.bat just run automine.bat and it will connect to my accounts on the pools to show you what hashrate you can expect. Mining a bit of XMG on my behalf while you are testing is your "thank you" to me for creating this software for you - not too much to ask is it? Wink

The Setup.bat supports solo mining with a wallet on the same computer, solo mining with a wallet on another computer, pool mining and twin pool mining. It supports single or multiple workers on the pool(s) and will spread the load across two pools. It also supports automatic failover in the event of a pool going offline. You can choose to have the output from each miner process displayed in its own window, or have a single window for the output from all miner processes. The only proviso is that your login name must be the same on both pools and the worker name(s) must also be the same and have the same password throughout. Multiple workers must have the same name but numbered consecutively e.g. Worker0, Worker1, Worker2 etc, (which is exactly how I have my pool accounts configured) - one worker for each CPU core on your computer. The batch files act as a "wrapper" for the minerd.exe to start multiple instances of minerd.exe, rather than starting a single instance of minerd.exe with multiple threads. This is the most efficient way of doing things. The software supports up to 32 CPU cores on a single computer.

Note: This minerd.exe is for the current live m7m algorithm, not the new algorithm which will come into effect shortly (currently on testnet). There will be a similar release with an updated minerd.exe to support the new algorithm available on the same links nearer the time of the live changeover.

The .rar package is on the same link as found in the OP:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hiadf8o5u7bsit7/XMGpoolminerWin64.rar?dl=0

I have also created a Windows self-extracting .exe (default target folder is C:/XMGminer):-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dw7yjssjrrqp0m1/XMGpoolminerWin64.exe?dl=0

There is a read.me file included in the package with a little more information. Please report your experiences with this software, good, bad or indifferent. Any problems, just post here and I will try my best to help you out.

Happy hashing Cheesy

I support Magi the first anti-botnet mining network to give regular miners the fair chance of mining. Talk to #Magi on IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#magi or on BitcoinTalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0
JimmyTaylor

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 07:46:16 AM

I'm doing well with his miner so far.

Coin Magi the First M7M coin defeating botnets and benefiting community at large. join irc for rain of xmg https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#magi
mcculum0010

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 08:29:00 AM

seems to be working fine for me. Loving this coin and its progress so far! time to get more investors in!

i give this a green!

✦ ────────  SPOKKZ  ──────── ✦
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
✦ ────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── ✦ Join Pre-Sale
joehoebot

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 10:02:40 AM

gar!

XMG Magi Autominer

40 processors not supported yet - sorry Sad
Press any key to continue . . .

I am CPU mining Aquachain right now. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3138231
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 11:15:43 AM

seems to be working fine for me. Loving this coin and its progress so far! time to get more investors in!

i give this a green!
Yes Magi is on the right track Grin

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
Spexx

Activity: 350

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 11:16:55 AM

gar!

XMG Magi Autominer

Crikey! You got 40. OK I can extend it to support 40 but it will take a while with a pen and calculator. It supports a maximum of 32 at the moment and I did plan to extend it to 64 anyway, so I'll get on it. It will take rather less time to make a version that supports exactly 40 processors, just for you, than it would to make a version that supports any number of processors up to 40 (and beyond). I'll be back ...

Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 11:39:57 AM

gar!

XMG Magi Autominer

Crikey! You got 40. OK I can extend it to support 40 but it will take a while with a pen and calculator. It supports a maximum of 32 at the moment and I did plan to extend it to 64 anyway, so I'll get on it. It will take rather less time to make a version that supports exactly 40 processors, just for you, than it would to make a version that supports any number of processors up to 40 (and beyond). I'll be back ...

Ok - done that. Including support for any number that is a multiple of four is a cinch. I have called it automine40.bat so when you have downloaded it, rename your existing automine.bat to something like automine-max32.bat and then rename automine40.bat to automine.bat and you should be good to go. Here is the link for the file:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cqjbvjp2klkqkl2/automine40.bat?dl=0

Anybody else got more than 32 processors? Lucky you Cheesy

Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 11:54:48 AM

Spexx, I've done the testnet, you can run the wallet now, will need to download a new wallet though (from here: http://cryptomagic.com/files/magi-release/testnet/ (v1.0.0.4)), cause I just made a hardfork to implement the new difficulty adjustment algo. If you can detect any difficulty change/network hashrate variation that is more stable than before, let me know. I will be expecting this is what we'll get but testnet has much less hashrate and may hardly tell the truth probably.

Thanks for that. It will give me something to play with when I get back from work today. I have started up the new wallet and it synced ok. It will be running idle for the next 12 hours or so, then I will be testing the latest minerd with it. It says it is not staking because I don't have any mature coins, even though I have over 3000 testnet XMG in it.

aceoyame

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 12:30:54 PM

The new 64bit miner that just came out is a giant clusterfuck and couldn't make it work.

Thank you so much. That package took weeks to put together and test and it should work first time. If it doesn't, I want to know why. Simply dismissing it the way you have helps nobody. What exactly were the problems you had with it? If you just download the package, unzip it and run automine.bat without any tinkering whatsoever, what happens? What exactly is the machine environment you are attempting to run it on? You need a minimum of Windows 7 SP1 to use the 64 bit minerd. Anything less than that and you must use the 32 bit minerd, or the miner built into the XMG wallet.

Incidentally, why would having to install yet another bit of software and going through the learning curve with it be of any benefit to a noob? I don't get it.

The problem was it was prompting for a pool username and I've never had to use one with stratum. Also it isn't optimized as its using the generic miner.

If you switch to a better language you can include detection of CPU features. It also appeared to open a new window for each thread by default.

The existing miner that was 64 bit worked great for me. That's what I am planning on using with simplicity when I port it.

Also why did you include CPU-z and have some other stuff included? The whole package just doesn't make sense. I've been a long time miner and that package asks too many questions. People want it to be as simple as possible. There is a lot you can do to simplify that still.
Digithusiast

Activity: 886
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:27:22 PM

been hassling with the new miner too, but could not get it working.
so switched back to the marcus miner again. what to do after the hardfork? will this miner still work?
aceoyame

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:31:53 PM

been hassling with the new miner too, but could not get it working.
so switched back to the marcus miner again. what to do after the hardfork? will this miner still work?

After the hardfork I think all existing miners will need to be recompiled to include the new module for the modifications to the algo
joehoebot

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:57:35 PM

spexx miner work fine for me. i am BUSTING the hash. cheers spexx!

I am CPU mining Aquachain right now. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3138231
aceoyame

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:13:22 PM

Not sure how, supposedly it's using the generic miner. have you tried the previous one with the right feature set for your CPU?
joehoebot

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:23:35 PM

question. does anyone know when POW is ending? approx

111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:32:16 PM

I think it's not going to last very long
Dev'll answer this.

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 01:39:50 AM

Not sure how, supposedly it's using the generic miner. have you tried the previous one with the right feature set for your CPU?

Yes it is using the generic 64 bit Windows miner, which works on any 64 bit CPU running Windows 7 SP1 or higher, Windows Server 2008 SP1 or higher for best results. The miner is compiled from the code provided by Noncepool and the source can be found at:-
https://github.com/noncepool/m7magi-cpuminer
The compiled minerd.exe might be called "generic" but that does not mean that it is an under-performer. As I understand it, the compiled code contains multiple program streams to support a range of CPU architectures and instruction sets, which simply means that the executable file is much larger than any version compiled for a specific CPU.

According to my benchmarks, the generic miner compiled (by me) under Cygwin, when run according to my advices i.e. starting multiple instances of minerd with a single thread, as opposed to a single instance of minerd with multiple threads, runs at a higher hashrate than any of the processor-specific miners EXCEPT the one for Intel Haswell class processors, where that one has the edge by 4 percent. I should admit that the idea of running multiple instances of minerd instead of multiple threads was not my original idea, but something I picked up on that was posted here by somebody else. There is a wealth of information to be found in this forum, but I do appreciate that nobody is going to read through the whole lot of it (or even understand a lot of it) so I created automine.bat et al to try and make it easy for people to get their wallet and miner setup just right for best performance.

Anybody having trouble just running up automine.bat is kindly asked to specify the problem they have with it. I cannot assist or begin to diagnose the problem without information about the hardware/software environment and the error messages you are getting. Certainly every machine I tried the package on worked first time and others have it working too. The one person who reported their problem precisely (i.e. it didn't support 40 processors) was provided with a patched version within minutes of me seeing their post. What more am I expected to do? It is no use just sitting there, arms folded with a stern expression on your face, saying it doesn't work. Is it plugged in? Is it switched on? Is it online? Has it got paper in it? Has it got ink/toner in it? Did you mess with it? I can't see what you are seeing and I'm not making housecalls Cheesy

There was a good reason for having the default behavior of automine.bat to open multiple windows and it is easy to change that behavior via Setup.bat, or you could also run automine.bat with parameters - parameter 8 controls that behavior and is fully documented in the file header if you take a look at the code.  There is also a good reason for every question asked by Setup.bat and in fact, depending on what type of mode you choose to operate, it will skip certain questions anyway. For example, if you are setting up mining with the wallet on the same computer AND have just completed the section to set up the magi.conf file, it will not ask you for the rpcuser, rpcpassword and rpcport again - it will take the info you just provided (or the defaults if that was what you selected). If you are very experienced with mining under Windows, you must surely see the sense of every question. Every question includes explanatory text and suggests a default. One thing that it does not ask about is whether you are mining via a proxy. If you have to do that, you will have to edit the file failover.bat manually and this is documented in the read.me file. There are various proxies that work in different ways and I did not want to open that can of worms.

Setup.bat does not ask for a pool username. It asks for a pool login name, worker name and worker password, all of which are required to construct the correct minerd.exe command line e.g. --user loginname.workername --pass workerpassword so your gripe there is noncense old boy (yes I deliberately mis-spelled that) Cheesy Maybe you are attempting to be too clever with it? It was designed to be mostly foolproof, not geniusproof.

The package included cpuz (four files) because I had it lying around. It is not required as such. Take it or leave it, or delete it - it's irrelevant. Maybe I will leave it out of the next package if it is so annoying. Every other file is required. Maybe having a large number of required dll files does not look good, but who said it had to look pretty? The new algo coming up requires one more dll file.

Finally, If you want to use another minerd.exe version, go right ahead with my blessings. I have tested and benchmarked all of them. If you try it on its own with multiple threads, benchmark it, then try it again using automine.bat as a "wrapper" instead you might just find an improvement in hashrate. That was my finding.

joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 02:42:13 AM

Spexx and MarcusDe, can you help to compile the new miner for windows? Thx

https://github.com/noncepool/m7m-cpuminer-v2

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Lightsplasher

Activity: 371

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 02:45:08 AM

What more am I expected to do? It is no use just sitting there, arms folded with a stern expression on your face, saying it doesn't work. Is it plugged in? Is it switched on? Is it online? Has it got paper in it? Has it got ink/toner in it? Did you mess with it? I can't see what you are seeing and I'm not making housecalls Cheesy ...

If you are very experienced with mining under Windows, you must surely see the sense of every question. Every question includes explanatory text and suggests a default. One thing that it does not ask about is whether you are mining via a proxy. If you have to do that, you will have to edit the file failover.bat manually and this is documented in the read.me file. There are various proxies that work in different ways and I did not want to open that can of worms.

Cheesy Maybe you are attempting to be too clever with it? It was designed to be mostly foolproof, not geniusproof.

Maybe having a large number of required dll files does not look good, but who said it had to look pretty? The new algo coming up requires one more dll file. ...

Cool.  Love the documentation.  I'm kind of a compile it myself if possible kind of guy and work under Ubuntu, but I enjoyed the verbose read, with obvious effort to build something worthwhile, so I sent you at tip. The dll's are almost tempting enough to make me switch back to Windows Wink

One of the joys of software developing is: “making software that pisses off any annoys less”.  Kudos to anyone with ample documentation.  Lol.   Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: