Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:00:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375256 times)
Lightsplasher

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 03:12:29 AM

Isn't it a bit late to be changing the rules of the swap?  I mean, I already sent in over 200K under the promise I would be paid back on a 4 to 1 ratio......it would be quite upsetting to now be told I would be getting less.  Although I understand why you are wanting to control the payouts to an extent, it still feels very weird to have to wait months to get coins for a swap.  It seems as though we spent the resources in the first place to acquire those coins, they should be in OUR control as we rightfully own them!  Doesn't seem right investors should have to trust someone else to hold onto their earned funds and coins, especially for such a long period of time.  

but Jim, is it fair that your swap will outweigh people who would be investing and mining daily?

Lets think about it in a different perspective. If there wasn't somewhat of a liquidity holder, nor buyer, nor marketing, nor on going developments, then there would be no coins, therefore, you would have nothing in the first place. All this is in place in order, with the way things are going, and how XMG is holding strong on the market and expected to grow.

I think Developer has proven to be beyond fair to the community, and to be frank, I cannot say there is another developer I've met in a community based coin like this, who listens to the community, takes action quickly, but also makes leadership decisions when necessary to appropriate circumstances. There has been great productivity from the get go, and yes, I've seen the rules change on coins before, this isn't the first, the difference between this developer and others, is the transparency factor beyond far. Plus, its in our hands to make this a better home... we can't keep leaving the pressure on developer.

This is a community coin, lets work together on it.  

Ok, well I think that the large sum of coins is always going to be a red flag in the block chain.  My suggestion is to add Tor per the plan and then send all the coins to me.  I can then launder them properly wait until enough buy orders appear on the multitude of exchanges and live happily ever after in Greece.   Grin

But I'd settle for my previously mined coins, or whatever you guys decide, I'm not quite totally evil yet...  Grin

Actually, please don't do that I'm not even sure how Tor works.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 03:20:47 AM

Actually, I moved all the coin to one address so they can mint together, and I assume after that they should be one day old regardless when I got them.
So basically the 0.18xmg is really for the 5000xmg or so I had at that time
I guess they only staked for one day, let's see if can get more earnings later on.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Coin Source : Trust Verified    [ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ]
  ♓.NΣTWORK-DΣPΣNDΣNT  RΣWARDING SYSTΣM  ※ 
  ANN THREAD MAGIPAY FAQ FORUM
.CPU Mining   PoS-II   PoM   Unique Block Reward 
SamWalters

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Sam Mother Fuckin' Walters

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 03:39:35 AM

lol Lightsplasher,

You don't strike me as evil and no its not necessary to do that.. plus, its not in my hands.  I'm just putting it in different perspectives, as its really all about a happy medium.  If circulation of coins is in the larger realm of that swapper, and everyone else put in 100x more work in growing XMG, then I don't feel its fair for the community at large who is here today supporting it along with those who are fundamentally supporting the coin.

XMG has had consistent hold up on the exchange and a proven track record in the last 21 days, not bad for a low volume exchange. On that note, cryptoine also introduced FreeTrading today!! Nice Job!! But yeah - market consistency is almost impossible to see now a days, but when it does, there is great news ahead for the new future.

Magi has not even been introduced to 2/3 of the market yet. Think 100k views in this thread is a lot?
It's great. just watch what happens when we achieve 1 million views in the next 60-90 days Smiley

I support Magi the first anti-botnet mining network to give regular miners the fair chance of mining. Talk to #Magi on IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#magi or on BitcoinTalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0
Lightsplasher

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 03:56:35 AM

lol Lightsplasher,

You don't strike me as evil and no its not necessary to do that.. plus, its not in my hands.  I'm just putting it in different perspectives, as its really all about a happy medium.  If circulation of coins is in the larger realm of that swapper, and everyone else put in 100x more work in growing XMG, then I don't feel its fair for the community at large who is here today supporting it along with those who are fundamentally supporting the coin.

XMG has had consistent hold up on the exchange and a proven track record in the last 21 days, not bad for a low volume exchange. On that note, cryptoine also introduced FreeTrading today!! Nice Job!! But yeah - market consistency is almost impossible to see now a days, but when it does, there is great news ahead for the new future.

Magi has not even been introduced to 2/3 of the market yet. Think 100k views in this thread is a lot?
It's great. just watch what happens when we achieve 1 million views in the next 60-90 days Smiley

What ever is best shall be.  If we put the coins to good use I have no objection.  Some hard firm guidelines would be nice though.
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:13:18 AM

Isn't it a bit late to be changing the rules of the swap?  I mean, I already sent in over 200K under the promise I would be paid back on a 4 to 1 ratio......it would be quite upsetting to now be told I would be getting less.  Although I understand why you are wanting to control the payouts to an extent, it still feels very weird to have to wait months to get coins for a swap.  It seems as though we spent the resources in the first place to acquire those coins, they should be in OUR control as we rightfully own them!  Doesn't seem right investors should have to trust someone else to hold onto their earned funds and coins, especially for such a long period of time. 

but Jim, is it fair that your swap will outweigh people who would be investing and mining daily?

Lets think about it in a different perspective. If there wasn't somewhat of a liquidity holder, nor buyer, nor marketing, nor on going developments, then there would be no coins, therefore, you would have nothing in the first place. All this is in place in order, with the way things are going, and how XMG is holding strong on the market and expected to grow.

I think Developer has proven to be beyond fair to the community, and to be frank, I cannot say there is another developer I've met in a community based coin like this, who listens to the community, takes action quickly, but also makes leadership decisions when necessary to appropriate circumstances. There has been great productivity from the get go, and yes, I've seen the rules change on coins before, this isn't the first, the difference between this developer and others, is the transparency factor beyond far. Plus, its in our hands to make this a better home... we can't keep leaving the pressure on developer.

This is a community coin, lets work together on it. 

I am in no way trying to stir anything up or be negative.  You are correct in all you say, is the reason I was comfortable with the swap the way it was outlined in the first place, kind of a hard sell in most cases to agree to send all of your coins to someone over the Internet on the promise that they will send you back 25% over a 2-3 month period.  The cutting of the market cap or number of coins has happened many times, but the 2-3 months drip feed back......that's a little unusual.

Was cool with this and comfortable in this case for all the reasons you have politely stated......thanks for that, I am so tired of all the childish jerks around here.  Please understand where I got uncomfortable enough to say something, was the changing of that agreement AFTER I have agreed to them by sending my entire bag of coins.

You mention more equal payment to miners and others helping and supporting.......brother, I mined the other coin for some time to get that many of them....I have invested as much resources in mining as the next guy here......I just did it as one of the first to do so and now have/had a nice chunk of it in my portfolio.  Please also understand that I am largely into crypto to make money, sorry if that offends you but it is the truth. 

I support coins where I can that offer something promising to the world.....I also run a business so do what I can with what little time I have.  To be honest this thread has been over my head since the relaunch or I would probably have been much more active, but I do feel I have been a supporter of this coin for some time and would hope I could voice an opinion. 

It seemed one was also being asked and I gave my honest opinion, I personally think it is crossing an ethical border to that after essentially signing a contract and taking someone's money.......all I'm saying:-) 
SamWalters

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 07:10:59 AM

IMJim, well said!  Pretty valid points and concerns. I've pretty much understood the coin-swap thus far, and I am always willing to know more. That is why I certainly don't blame you for asking about it.  Joe, please elaborate some more on this when you get a chance, thank you.

Side tracking:
IMJim, what is your business experience if you don't mind me asking?  and others, what about your experiences? There is over 100k views in this thread, combined, we probably have hundreds of years of experience in different aspects of making this world work and function the way it is now, and improving it as we go for the future of technology and humanity.

Here is the problem I see... we are depending on the dev too much, instead, lets find ways to help as a community.
Think about this: Magi = more regular miners = wider and better rewards = attraction of investors and speculators + long term consistency = Crypto 2.0 for the future.  

This community should collaborate on all levels of our own personal and business experiences.
We all have things we are good at, besides throwing money into the bucket *in general retrospect*  
because I believe all of us, individually, can combine our experiences and join forces as a group!

I think we all need to pick our own roles in this community. Anyone up for this?

and thank you for all those who have done so thus far, from investing, mining, setting up websites, mobile apps, developments, videos,
spreading the word on chats/social media, threads, etc. All of us have taken the first basic steps of a growing community, well done guys.

I support Magi the first anti-botnet mining network to give regular miners the fair chance of mining. Talk to #Magi on IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#magi or on BitcoinTalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 10:07:15 AM

Still like this! Wink

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 11:15:32 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 12:24:04 PM by 111magic

An update on the XMG promotion in China.

http://8btc.com/thread-7626-1-1.html
http://8btc.com/thread-10795-1-1.html
XMG魔笛币赠币帖,前100回复有效【10月11日20时开始】

Start in 1 hour, 20 PM Beijing Time today!

hustler100

Activity: 130

In Crypto We Trust

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:09:31 PM

If you are mining Magi and your pool withdraw address is in Cryptoine.com - Exchange

! You Must Update Your Wallet Address !

Good luck
jack80

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:24:22 PM

No Cudaminer or ccminer for Nvidia gpu ? .

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

alloffmyhate

Activity: 280

It's Never End

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:35:02 PM

i think its for .__. cpu only

111magic
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:40:08 PM

yea its still is!

SamWalters

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 04:18:47 PM

An update on the XMG promotion in China.

http://8btc.com/thread-7626-1-1.html
http://8btc.com/thread-10795-1-1.html
XMG魔笛币赠币帖,前100回复有效【10月11日20时开始】

Start in 1 hour, 20 PM Beijing Time today!

Welcome China! !!!

This is great news and thanks for the support from the Chinese community.

joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:10:48 PM

IMJim, well said!  Pretty valid points and concerns. I've pretty much understood the coin-swap thus far, and I am always willing to know more. That is why I certainly don't blame you for asking about it.  Joe, please elaborate some more on this when you get a chance, thank you.

I pretty much agree with sticking to the initial coin swap plan; well as a dev of this coin, I have to make sure XMG is making progress on the whole. It is definitely not wise to change plan back and forth, however my responsivity is also to make sure XMG gets accepted by more people, that is very much the basis for XMG to grow. Different people bring different thoughts, and somehow I have been confused about the people saying like this and that. (well the basic rule will be stick to what's been decided, and tell people this basic rule; for me, however, I like to have more people in if we still are able to do something along that) This might be pretty normal when coming new investors/miners. We don't have to touch the swap plan, however as a community I need all yours participation in suggestion for what to be done to make sure we are doing good for those people (have noticed people only say something when they feel uncomfortable with what's to be decided.). And  here below are the issues for which we need to find solutions,

1) I received few people's PM and they talk about #1 in the rich list; They might not look into the details about what's going on in this thread, and what's our plan as to this big #1. In any case, that blocks people in my view;

2) I could understand that for miners, they don't have much confidence, and since #1 is sitting there, they could dump what they mined. This won't be the only reason (also depends on "what's next" of this coin anyway). The same thing may happen to swap coin holders.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

p.s., the initial swap plan:
Coin swap will be done approximately in 5 months, with 5% swapped each week. The precondition of carrying out coin swap is not giving impacts on the XMG price. We may pause swapping any time if we see price degradation due to coin swap. 

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
RamiroGomare

Activity: 124

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:56:10 PM

he he

cryptoine.com , wallet:

Deposit
To fund your account please send coins to the given address.

Do not use small automated deposits. From mining pools, for example. We do not support these kind of payments.

Our support will be limited when we see a lot of small deposits on your account

and kindly blocked all adress coins
it after the transfer of all the coins in my wallet
was:
7 * 100 = 700 coin -> 4 day

XMG Addresses are not blocked - only changed!
It is normal practice after many weeks of heavy wallet load.

We have many thousands of transactions.

If someone sent a coin to the old address - email to support.

Are you trying to avoid transaction fees by depositing a small amount of coins to exchange?

And do not forget - we have Free Trading Weekend on Cryptoine
https://cryptoine.com/trade/xmg_btc

Lightsplasher

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:27:48 PM

I've started a Proof of Biking announcement here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=820255 Comments are welcomed.  This is my effort to try to help promote the coin.  I'm kind of waiting to see what level of interest and reaction this gets at this point before I run the first event.  I've set aside 100 XMG of my personal mining for the first pot.  Any interest in either riding or donating?  Suggestions?
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 11:00:11 PM

I've started a Proof of Biking announcement here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=820255 Comments are welcomed.  This is my effort to try to help promote the coin.  I'm kind of waiting to see what level of interest and reaction this gets at this point before I run the first event.  I've set aside 100 XMG of my personal mining for the first pot.  Any interest in either riding or donating?  Suggestions?

Thanks for the work. This campaign will be interesting.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Spexx

Activity: 350

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 11:52:50 PM

If there is one, nobody is saying so openly. Here is what Claymore has to say about it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=774601.msg9156187#msg9156187

joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 01:51:54 AM

Please support Lightsplasher's work, turn to his thread, make a post, I suggest everyone should post an image/video, chance to get XMG bounties!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=820255

I really liked the video and the time Lightsplasher invested into this work.

p.s., we welcome any kinds of campaign ..

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Lightsplasher

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 02:25:32 AM

Thank you Joe for the support and feedback!  I hope everyone has fun with this.  I've posted some information of the first ride and I hope I see some interest in PoB, but whatever the outcome, it has been neat to put it together! Smiley

Please support Lightsplasher's work, turn to his thread, make a post, I suggest everyone should post an image/video, chance to get XMG bounties!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=820255

I really liked the video and the time Lightsplasher invested into this work.

p.s., we welcome any kinds of campaign ..
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: