Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:20:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375268 times)
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 07:00:32 PM

Grats XMG on ur 100th page great work there XMG Dev for hardwork and transparency hopefully we can help more to this coin  Wink

Thanks for praise, remote replying (outside); will be back soon to get some work done. Smiley

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Coin Source : Trust Verified    [ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ]
  ♓.NΣTWORK-DΣPΣNDΣNT  RΣWARDING SYSTΣM  ※ 
  ANN THREAD MAGIPAY FAQ FORUM
.CPU Mining   PoS-II   PoM   Unique Block Reward 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spexx

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 07:02:39 PM

I have an AMD FX 8350 (8 core). So basically 16 threads. When I mine with 14 threads I get on the  pool around 50-60 Kh/s is that correct?!
I used to have around 200-300 Kh/s with other algos.

I would expect this processor to give around 90 Kh/s when minerd (64 bit version) is configured optimally. If you run more minerd threads than one per CPU core you will actually reduce the efficiency, so try running with just 8 threads. You cannot compare the hashrate with that for other algos - in all cases it will be lower because of the extra work required by the M7M algo.

A few hours ago I managed to compile a new 64 bit minerd for Windows which is running 10~12 percent faster than the previous version released here.

Anybody like to test it out on their Windows 64 bit rig? PM me please. I would like to have it tried on a number of different processor types before releasing it publicly, but I have compiled it to be universal so very high hopes. I have it running reliably on AMD FX and Intel i7 quad core machines.

joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 07:02:51 PM

Joel can you please update the wallet link on the homepage as it points to 1.0.0.1

Also linking to a post in the forum is not the best approach as she has seen from the results.

Just point people back to the OP.

Thanks for remind; will do when I'm back.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 07:09:50 PM

I have an AMD FX 8350 (8 core). So basically 16 threads. When I mine with 14 threads I get on the  pool around 50-60 Kh/s is that correct?!

I would expect this processor to give around 90 Kh/s when minerd (64 bit version) is configured optimally. If you run more minerd threads than one per CPU core you will actually reduce the efficiency, so try running with just 8 threads. You cannot compare the hashrate with that for other algos - in all cases it will be lower because of the extra work required by the M7M algo.

A few hours ago I managed to compile a new 64 bit minerd for Windows which is running 10~12 percent faster than the previous version released here.

Anybody like to test it out on their Windows 64 bit rig? PM me please. I would like to have it tried on a number of different processor types before releasing it publicly, but I have compiled it to be universal so very high hopes. I have it running reliably on AMD FX and Intel i7 quad core machines.

Thanks for the work, also you can send me a link for download if you want, I can put it in op so that more people can test it out.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
24core

Activity: 582

An Impressive Purely Anonymous Currency.

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 07:10:46 PM

Thanks for the work, also you can send me a link for download if you want, I can put it in op so that more people can test it out.

Please add to OP as we can trust this!

Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 07:40:27 PM

There is some more testing to do before we put it on the OP. The kind of people I want to test it should already have a Windows version running where they are familiar and happy with the hashrate they are getting. I would like to see some people getting an improvement in hashrate immediately just by swapping out the executable and using the same command line to start it up - that is what I expect to happen. After that I have a set of instructions for optimising the startup command line and pool setup to squeeze more hash out of it, so once that bit has also been tested by some more people I will be happy to release the package with documentation and sample startup files to help out the newbies.

I will create a zip package with a readme file and post up a link soon. Right now I need some food, drink and a smoke for a bit Cheesy

Zlush1337

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 07:52:11 PM

how to mining using cpu or vps?

See this guide:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.msg8800103#msg8800103

Please use my referral link:
https://www.digitalocean.com/?refcode=0881d086fee6
You can get $10 credit basically two free VPS for a month.

I think XMG is a "fair" coin, "rich don't get richer".... VPS, etc should be banned... -.-"
SamWalters

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Sam Mother Fuckin' Walters

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 08:22:24 PM

JoaoBaptista,

No hard feelings Smiley

.. I don't know if it was your intention or it was your device problem seems like the problem.  But it seems like your device was requoting it with errors, so it become a suspicious link some how. Thanks everyone else for confirming how it looks when quoting Joe.

I support Magi the first anti-botnet mining network to give regular miners the fair chance of mining. Talk to #Magi on IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#magi or on BitcoinTalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0
SamWalters

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Sam Mother Fuckin' Walters

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 08:30:36 PM

Quote for awareness ..

Seems to have been swiped away from the other posts... I like these plans and I am up for it.

[09/19]

Some plans

This is the 5th day since launch; it won't be very necessary at this time to focus on big exchanges, but going forward, some works should be done upfront.
1) we are forging the marketing plans, one of those will be the better organization of twitter, facebook, reddit, and maintain regular updates;
2) plan to get on few more exchanges; swisscex and c-cex are two of them;
3) I've been in touch with some magi followers, some of them have provided us very nice supports; for example, ex33s offered us the dice game without asking for any bounties. Also someone mentioned working on Android wallets, while what he wants is to see the success of Magi. It's my pleasure to have them, and my work to make magi staying with user base like them.

Among these tasks, block explorer and rich list will be a more urgent one since it is needed to get into coinmarketcap and most of exchanges (e.g., bittrex). I've contacted http://blockexperts.com about this, with a charge of 0.1 BTC to create and host the explorer. It should be done soon once confirmed. The following plans will be exchanges then.

A public pledge

I'd like to send a pledge out for fundraising if you can help us. We current have limited access to magi funds since that is based coin swap, while coin swap has been delayed significantly. In some cases, BTC is needed to help promotion and importantly to get us on exchanges. Here we ask for your supports to carrier out various tasks:
1) Articles, media, video
2) promotions in social networks (registered PoA, promotion in twitter will spend some BTC too)
3) exchanges (likely somewhere to spend funds to promote and get people into this aspect)
4) reaching out people to apps dev (BTC will be likely an effective way of doing this)
5) and more ...

Wallet address:
BTC - 188AmugttD1jfy2xYNy6muTzVzYha1JEuq
XMG - 95V9eZnrghtEriGUhBwwEuqMbDm1HBJ58u

We will record all donators name, and BTC/XMG address. Your donation won't be completely free, rather we will return a portion in the form of BTC or XMG back to you later on, once we can, according to your donating weight.

MagiTeam

Magi team will be created coming out from the community. Magi had a good start, and will continue to grow. With few new features, cpu mining, coin distribution mode, and the PoS-II (we didn't talk about it much yet), magi will be a well-formed base to allow it grow up. Anyone who can contribute to magi, please contact me for bounties, or you want kindly donate your contribution (we will maintain a list for this for future disbursement when we have funds and are able to support).

Anyone who is interested to join us please send me a PM; out of Magi already had, we welcome coin/apps dev to enhance this aspect. We will also reach out other coins for possible cooperation.

Any suggestions to make magi better are welcome!

I support Magi the first anti-botnet mining network to give regular miners the fair chance of mining. Talk to #Magi on IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#magi or on BitcoinTalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:25:05 PM

There is some more testing to do before we put it on the OP. The kind of people I want to test it should already have a Windows version running where they are familiar and happy with the hashrate they are getting. I would like to see some people getting an improvement in hashrate immediately just by swapping out the executable and using the same command line to start it up - that is what I expect to happen. After that I have a set of instructions for optimising the startup command line and pool setup to squeeze more hash out of it, so once that bit has also been tested by some more people I will be happy to release the package with documentation and sample startup files to help out the newbies.

I will create a zip package with a readme file and post up a link soon. Right now I need some food, drink and a smoke for a bit Cheesy

Spexx, this is a great idea, and thank you for taking time to do the work. I will put this information in the OP, so people can easily find you to experiment the work; your work definitely deserves rewards, I will set this up for you once we have funds available.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:28:54 PM

how to mining using cpu or vps?

See this guide:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.msg8800103#msg8800103

Please use my referral link:
https://www.digitalocean.com/?refcode=0881d086fee6
You can get $10 credit basically two free VPS for a month.

I think XMG is a "fair" coin, "rich don't get richer".... VPS, etc should be banned... -.-"

reason VPS should be banned?

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:29:49 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2014, 09:52:13 PM by joelao95

Quote for awareness ..

Seems to have been swiped away from the other posts... I like these plans and I am up for it.

[09/19]

Some plans

This is the 5th day since launch; it won't be very necessary at this time to focus on big exchanges, but going forward, some works should be done upfront.
1) we are forging the marketing plans, one of those will be the better organization of twitter, facebook, reddit, and maintain regular updates;
2) plan to get on few more exchanges; swisscex and c-cex are two of them;
3) I've been in touch with some magi followers, some of them have provided us very nice supports; for example, ex33s offered us the dice game without asking for any bounties. Also someone mentioned working on Android wallets, while what he wants is to see the success of Magi. It's my pleasure to have them, and my work to make magi staying with user base like them.

Among these tasks, block explorer and rich list will be a more urgent one since it is needed to get into coinmarketcap and most of exchanges (e.g., bittrex). I've contacted http://blockexperts.com about this, with a charge of 0.1 BTC to create and host the explorer. It should be done soon once confirmed. The following plans will be exchanges then.

A public pledge

I'd like to send a pledge out for fundraising if you can help us. We current have limited access to magi funds since that is based coin swap, while coin swap has been delayed significantly. In some cases, BTC is needed to help promotion and importantly to get us on exchanges. Here we ask for your supports to carrier out various tasks:
1) Articles, media, video
2) promotions in social networks (registered PoA, promotion in twitter will spend some BTC too)
3) exchanges (likely somewhere to spend funds to promote and get people into this aspect)
4) reaching out people to apps dev (BTC will be likely an effective way of doing this)
5) and more ...

Wallet address:
BTC - 188AmugttD1jfy2xYNy6muTzVzYha1JEuq
XMG - 95V9eZnrghtEriGUhBwwEuqMbDm1HBJ58u

We will record all donators name, and BTC/XMG address. Your donation won't be completely free, rather we will return a portion in the form of BTC or XMG back to you later on, once we can, according to your donating weight.

MagiTeam

Magi team will be created coming out from the community. Magi had a good start, and will continue to grow. With few new features, cpu mining, coin distribution mode, and the PoS-II (we didn't talk about it much yet), magi will be a well-formed base to allow it grow up. Anyone who can contribute to magi, please contact me for bounties, or you want kindly donate your contribution (we will maintain a list for this for future disbursement when we have funds and are able to support).

Anyone who is interested to join us please send me a PM; out of Magi already had, we welcome coin/apps dev to enhance this aspect. We will also reach out other coins for possible cooperation.

Any suggestions to make magi better are welcome!

Thanks for support, Sam. I'll wish people support this coin in any aspects, like the work undergoing by Spexx; any words to spread XMG is a great help to us too.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:57:15 PM

Release 1.0 Beta-Spexx
Windows 64 bit XMG solo/stratum pool miner.

Newly compiled version for testing available here:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hiadf8o5u7bsit7/XMGpoolminerWin64.rar?dl=0

This was compiled with Cygwin and has a number of required dll files included.

Extract the package using e.g Winrar to the folder of your choice.

More info and sample startup command lines are in the read.me file included.

Please do let me know how you get on with this version, whether good, bad or indifferent. This version is still under test and I will have some suggestions for tweaking the performance in due course. First of all I am interested in how people get on just by switching to this version, compared to the performance of other versions, using the same startup command as they do at present. Happy hashing.

B.T.Coin

Activity: 332

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 10:09:49 PM

Release 1.0 Beta-Spexx
Windows 64 bit XMG solo/stratum pool miner.

Newly compiled version for testing available here:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hiadf8o5u7bsit7/XMGpoolminerWin64.rar?dl=0

This was compiled with Cygwin and has a number of required dll files included.

Extract the package using e.g Winrar to the folder of your choice.

More info and sample startup command lines are in the read.me file included.

Please do let me know how you get on with this version, whether good, bad or indifferent. This version is still under test and I will have some suggestions for tweaking the performance in due course. First of all I am interested in how people get on just by switching to this version, compared to the performance of other versions, using the same startup command as they do at present. Happy hashing.

I already downloaded a stratum miner 2 days ago from this thread that also had all the cygwin .dll files with it. I would have to dig back into this thread to find the link.
Anyway, this version performs the same as the other one from 2 days ago. At least for me it does on a 6-core i7 980X

EDIT: I think it was this version: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.msg8857258#msg8857258

A fine is a tax you pay for something you did wrong.
A tax is a fine you pay for something you did right.
Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 10:15:57 PM

Quick guide to estimating the expected hashrate for your CPU - discovered completely by accident.

Go to https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php and find your processor on the list.

Take the number in the column next to the processor name - called the "Passmak CPU Mark" and divide by 100.

This gives a figure very close to the expected hashrate for this coin. If your actual hashrate is very much less than the figure obtained as above then something is amiss.

Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 10:28:55 PM

Thanks B T Coin for testing it out and giving immediate feedback. I hope that you are getting a hashrate close to 88 Kh/s with your setup. My initial testing was using an AMD processor and gave an improvement over the previous version, so it is interesting that your Intel processor performed the same as before. I have run this new version on an Intel for several hours now but never ran the previous version on that machine - only the AMD.

Incidentally the link you provided points to a version that does not support stratum. There is a later one which I can't find right now.

joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 10:41:41 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2014, 11:14:01 PM by joelao95

[Need five pools to support Proof of Mining Campaign]

Pool benefits

• 1000 XMG will be given to each pool participated; 500 XMG available at the beginning, the another 500 XMG will be sent at the end of the campaign;
  • We will expect many miners registered in your pool;
  • This is the best time to advertise your pool, including many registrations and our constant advertising about this campaign though various social networks

Responsibility of pools

• Your pool must be stable and stay online most of the time; we reserve our rights to delist you from this campaign because of the stability issue; in this case, we won't issue the second 500 XMG bounties;
  • You will be responsible to censor miners's activity (e.g., how long a miner stays online and their hash rate), at east once a week (we will issue compensation if this step takes a lot efforts).

About the campaign

This campaign will encourage people to mine with their CPU (from one to a few, but not too many CPUs). Miner benefits: 1) We give bounties to those participating in this campaign (currently 10,000 XMG available); 2) miners get payed with XMG from minings; and 3) this campaign will lead to a genuine CPU coin, no CPU farms, no GPU miners & farms, and the most fair distribution ever. We are yet to release the details regarding how we achieve this goal. Stay tuned!

Please let me know if you are interested; any pools participating in this campaign must set up stratum for XMG M7M algo.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
MarcusDe

Activity: 796
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 11:07:32 PM

I've compiled WIN64 version of new nounce miner myself. I see it's even faster than previous on my machines.
Here is the binary: http://graymines.net/miners/cpuminer-magi_pool-mining_win64-MarcusDe-0921.zip

Feel free to donate if you like it :-P

Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 11:48:29 PM

Just tried your compiled minerd MarcusDe and would be very interested in what type of machine this was compiled on/for. On my AMD CPU test machine it ran 20 percent slower than the generic CPU version I posted earlier.

joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:09:10 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2014, 12:19:43 AM by joelao95

Spexx, can you confirm your version is based on the latest nonce-pool source code, they said 10% performance improvement.

Edit, this is the link: https://github.com/noncepool/m7magi-cpuminer
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.msg8874184#msg8874184

Based on the code, this miner should do better job than the prior one, since it reduces calls to hash functions and initialization. Many thanks to nonce pool's keeping improving the miner. Can you also compile a 32 version in case people need it?

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: