Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:12:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Cannacoin (CCN) | PoW->PoSV | No premine | No IPO  (Read 188493 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Razerglass
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 08:49:11 PM

Are there updated wallet links for windows?  I don't mind if the blockchain is slow, I'll just use cryptochainer.  My computer doesn't like to build programs for some stupid reason so using source from git isn't an option for me Sad  I've installed VS just to be told the installation failed, I gave up after 3 attempts.

Your computer would compile if you were doing it correctly Cheesy

I wish this were the case.  Stupid thing won't even install cygwin, I'd considered using gcc for compiling but it didn't like that either.  I've named this computer "Buyer's Remorse".  It's designed more for the "wal-mart" end-user.  The issue isn't compiling, it actively refuses to install any coding software, making any form of compiling impossible.  Downloading and installing visual studio isn't exactly a challenging thing to do.  It's literally 3 clicks and waiting between the 2nd and 3rd click.  Cygwin is a bit more advanced to install, but for some stupid reason this computer is so limited that it can't even set PATH arguments.

whipe the damn thing and put a different OS on it

██░                                             
 ▓██▓░                                           
  ▓█████▓▒░                                  ░▒██░
    ▓███████▓▒░                           ░▓▓██▓ 
      ▒█████████▓▒                     ░▓████▓   
        ░█████▓████▓▒                 ▓████▓░   
          ░▓███▓▓▓▓███▓░            ▒██▓▓█▒     
             ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒         ░███▓▓█▒       
               ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓       ▓███▓▓█▒       
                ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒   ▒███████▓         
                 ░██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓░  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓         
                   ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒                 
                    ▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░     
                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   
                   ░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   
              ▒▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓▒▒░   ░   
         ▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒░                   
|
|
🛵 Connecting Travellers All Around The World 🛵 

Socially Powered Search Engine for the Travel & Tourism Industry
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
|
Whitepaper
One-Pager
Ann Thread
|
Medium
Youtube
Instagram

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DarkIlluminatus

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 09:26:20 PM

Are there updated wallet links for windows?  I don't mind if the blockchain is slow, I'll just use cryptochainer.  My computer doesn't like to build programs for some stupid reason so using source from git isn't an option for me Sad  I've installed VS just to be told the installation failed, I gave up after 3 attempts.

Your computer would compile if you were doing it correctly Cheesy

I wish this were the case.  Stupid thing won't even install cygwin, I'd considered using gcc for compiling but it didn't like that either.  I've named this computer "Buyer's Remorse".  It's designed more for the "wal-mart" end-user.  The issue isn't compiling, it actively refuses to install any coding software, making any form of compiling impossible.  Downloading and installing visual studio isn't exactly a challenging thing to do.  It's literally 3 clicks and waiting between the 2nd and 3rd click.  Cygwin is a bit more advanced to install, but for some stupid reason this computer is so limited that it can't even set PATH arguments.

whipe the damn thing and put a different OS on it

I've very seriously considered it.  But what I can use it for is exactly what I need, more so than coding, and I've got an ASIC on the way, which will be more focused towards mining Tongue

I produce music and video with this computer for #onemoment ARG and TEI Productions.  I'll take the hit of not being able to compile as long as my studio software still works and supports 128 tracks in 7.1 Smiley
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 09:28:25 PM

I like Canna a lot but I don't quite grasp why I need a Canna cryptocoin Smiley
DarkIlluminatus

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 09:52:10 PM

Because growers and dispensaries like my own in San Diego, CA and partners in many states will be backing it with a special breed of Blue Dream and Bubba OG hybrid, created solely to celebrate the acceptance of cannabis related cryptocurrencies in exchange for the top shelf product in dispensaries in Washington, Colorado, Arizona, and California (to start, as the interest increases, more states will be accepting CCs for products).

As it continues to become more and more legal this means your coin value will skyrocket beyond initial projections within the next two years to be equivalent to (and possibly exceeding) an initial backing of 1/4 oz of top shelf flowers per coin for all CC's related to cannabis in every state it has been decriminalized.  Currently plans include SPL, CANN and CCN. Smiley
8-bit

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 10:09:42 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2016, 10:21:53 PM by 8-bit

Hey, I like Canna a lot too Smiley

Cannacoin can be seen as an industry niche coin that appeals to members of the marijuana community. Creating a specific coin for this industry has its benefits because you can create a community of enthusiasts that enjoy both Canna and crypto. I think the marijuana movement is big enough to merit industry niche coins.  

CannaCoin.tech - The Future of the Cannabis Industry | CannaCoin Community Manager
“The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively” ― Bob Marley
DarkIlluminatus

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 12:24:28 AM

http://s14.postimg.org/qw7vymatt/hmmmmccnfailstoupdate.jpg

Been like this for several hours.  I've added all the nodes from the bitnodes site and restarted to no avail.  Initialized blockchain with the dump on cryptochainer.

Is there anything else I can do to get this synched up?

sent a small donation to bitnodes also Smiley  Just ftfoi
8-bit

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 03:49:12 AM

Been like this for several hours.  I've added all the nodes from the bitnodes site and restarted to no avail.  Initialized blockchain with the dump on cryptochainer.

sent a small donation to bitnodes also Smiley  Just ftfoi

If you haven't sent any coins to your wallet addys yet, maybe delete everything and start fresh. Delete the app data Cannacoin folder as well.

CannaCoin.tech - The Future of the Cannabis Industry | CannaCoin Community Manager
“The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively” ― Bob Marley
DarkIlluminatus

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 03:56:31 AM

sent a small donation to bitnodes also Smiley  Just ftfoi

If you haven't sent any coins to your wallet addys yet, maybe delete everything and start fresh. Delete the app data Cannacoin folder as well.

Dude...you rock, man.  It's synching now.  From the beginning, but hey! It's actually moving on it's own finally!

The only thing I had to do after clearing roaming/cannacoin out was to reinsert my cannacoin.conf
DarkIlluminatus

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 08:29:45 AM

16 hours behind and it stopped synching Sad

Maybe I'll get lucky and synch will take place by the time I wake up, but I had really hoped to be mining during sleep.
Andeze17

Activity: 650
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 08:36:07 AM

Because growers and dispensaries like my own in San Diego, CA and partners in many states will be backing it with a special breed of Blue Dream and Bubba OG hybrid, created solely to celebrate the acceptance of cannabis related cryptocurrencies in exchange for the top shelf product in dispensaries in Washington, Colorado, Arizona, and California (to start, as the interest increases, more states will be accepting CCs for products).

As it continues to become more and more legal this means your coin value will skyrocket beyond initial projections within the next two years to be equivalent to (and possibly exceeding) an initial backing of 1/4 oz of top shelf flowers per coin for all CC's related to cannabis in every state it has been decriminalized.  Currently plans include SPL, CANN and CCN. Smiley

Thanks. Those are exciting plans!
johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 09:13:48 AM

I like the Cannacoin.  Very good concept.

Do i get high when i pay with Cannacoin?
DarkIlluminatus

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 09:50:20 AM

As it continues to become more and more legal this means your coin value will skyrocket beyond initial projections within the next two years to be equivalent to (and possibly exceeding) an initial backing of 1/4 oz of top shelf flowers per coin for all CC's related to cannabis in every state it has been decriminalized.  Currently plans include SPL, CANN and CCN. Smiley

I like the Cannacoin.  Very good concept.

Do i get high when i pay with Cannacoin?

I certainly hope so!  That's one of the specific traits I'm focusing the strain on, and it's already got two of the best top shelf plants in it's genes Smiley
DarkIlluminatus

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 07:04:35 PM

Wallet still fails to update.  I guess I'll have to wait for the dev to update the links.
DarkIlluminatus

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 01:36:23 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2016, 06:21:26 AM by DarkIlluminatus

wallet updated, now it says no more PoW blocks.

I guess we'll just stick with SPL and CANN and potcoin for backing with product until this one is a little more mature and mineable.

Just realized I was using the wrong algo, switched to Scrypt and got the same message:

[2016-04-10 23:20:02] 1 miner thread started, using 'scrypt' algorithm.
[2016-04-10 23:20:02] JSON-RPC call failed: No more PoW blocks
[2016-04-10 23:20:02] get_work failed, retry after 30 seconds  

8-bit

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 08:15:31 PM

wallet updated, now it says no more PoW blocks.

I guess we'll just stick with SPL and CANN and potcoin for backing with product until this one is a little more mature and mineable.

Just realized I was using the wrong algo, switched to Scrypt and got the same message:

[2016-04-10 23:20:02] 1 miner thread started, using 'scrypt' algorithm.
[2016-04-10 23:20:02] JSON-RPC call failed: No more PoW blocks
[2016-04-10 23:20:02] get_work failed, retry after 30 seconds  

Cannacoin switched from PoW to PoSV, which means to generate new coins you just need to 'stake' your wallet address. This can be done by going into SETTINGS and UNLOCK WALLET / LOCK WALLET and make sure you select the staking checkbox. PoSV has a few advantages over PoW. For example, its more environmentally friendly (important to a lot of cannabis users imo) as you don't need large networks of computers to confirm network transactions. It can be simply done through the PoS protocol. Also, PoS secures the network against a 51% hashing attack which can cause a lot of issues, so CCN was the first secure cannabis coin as we changed over to PoSV Dec 9th, 2014.

We would still love to be apart of your project. I'm around to help you with anything you'd need from us. Thanks Smiley

DarkIlluminatus

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 09:01:10 PM

Proof of stake is great when combined with POW. But the trouble I've seen so far is that staking on this one doesn't seem to work. Bittrex shows no movement in POS at all. I feel it should be more accessible, as this project is designed to generate more interest in crypto in general as accepted currency by those bold enough to pursue their dreams and utilize currencies that are created through and for those passions.

With a little effort the other 3 have given the opportunity to obtain them through mining. Perhaps I didn't analyze the methods well enough, but I'm basing decisions on the ability to obtain and keep the chain synchronized. As they stand people are likely to lose interest in this particular coin fairly rapidly.

However, there's still plenty of time to work out the issues with this coin. The breed that will be utilized to back these  types of coins isn't born yet, and is still at least a year from completion.

An example of an issue that will harm interest is the long delays between blockchain updates. Another is the time to maturity before staking can begin.

The only people who have such an opportunity are those who've been with these coins during the pow phase, which doesn't appear to have been very long.

The website is down, there are no pools available, nor can there be, without switching technology, so this coin, like federal reserve notes appear to favor 'old money', and forces the use of day trading to gain, with an unknown duration before staking can begin, and is difficult to use effectively because of the persistent issues in the wallet that prevents synching and all that kinda goes against the spirit of Cryptocurrency and of the ideology behind cannabis for most who participate in its benefits.

I want to support this coin, but it should be at least as attainable as CANN, and the staking should be more similar to that of SPL. It's also not really a competition between these coins, instead it is designed to bring them equal recognition within our special breed of community members.  Generating interest in other currencies for other dreams of other products and services by results from these coins and their values.  The current model that this coin uses would be unfair to it's values, it would take thousands of these to be equivalent to the time and energy involved in obtaining their cousin coins, so no mutual agreements could be made or assigned to all the crypto supporting the same dream.

Idk if that makes sense, I just woke up and am having trouble articulating at this moment.
DarkIlluminatus

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 10:46:16 PM

Also this:  This needs to be remedied long before support can be given by our products.

http://s20.postimg.org/w4xtbf2n1/top50.jpg

The distribution is very biased, and not a good indiication of readiness for the early move to proof of stake.  The moment the coin would be backed with actual product the value will skyrocket and a very small percentage of individuals stand to benefit from it in a way that may not be beneficial to the health of the entire chain.

When distribution becomes a lot more even it will be much easier to become comfortable backing it.  But in it's present state, the top 5 users would be able to completely clean out all supply of resources used to back the coin, effectively restricting it's access to everyone.
8-bit

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 07:27:08 PM

Bittrex shows no movement in POS at all.

I don't think the Bittrex mining chart is working properly for our PoS. Check https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ccn/# for more information on blockchain.

but I'm basing decisions on the ability to obtain and keep the chain synchronized.

The next wallet update will fix this issue.

8-bit

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 07:29:32 PM

Also this:  This needs to be remedied long before support can be given by our products.

The distribution is very biased, and not a good indiication of readiness for the early move to proof of stake.  The moment the coin would be backed with actual product the value will skyrocket and a very small percentage of individuals stand to benefit from it in a way that may not be beneficial to the health of the entire chain.

That distribution chart is solely for the bittrex exchange. Many people keep their coins off the exchange to stake them or simply because its safer.

DarkIlluminatus

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 08:59:22 PM

Oh lol. I was sure it was from the blockchain.  I can't imagine why those people wouldn't be staking that stuff!
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: