Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:29:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Cannacoin (CCN) | PoW->PoSV | No premine | No IPO  (Read 188487 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Cannacoin (OP)

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 08:21:18 AM

Announcement 12/22: CCN/BTC markets now available at Cryptorush.in!

Click here to get trading today!

We want to give a huge thanks to KingDragon for his help and support in adding the CCN markets.  We are looking forward to building our relationship and helping to extend the support back at cryptorush  Smiley  

-The CCN Team

CCN - Cannacoin - Cannapay - NWGT.tv - TokeTalk.Net - Cannacoin Community Network - Cannashares - A Cryptocurrency & Cannabis Development Team

ONLY DOWNLOAD CANNACOIN WALLET SOFTWARE FROM ORIGINAL POST: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740903.0

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 08:48:47 AM

does anyone know how much longer CCN will be frozen on Poloniex for?
Cannacoin (OP)

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 03:25:27 AM

Last I was aware the markets had been updated and working fine, when was the last time you attempted to trade?

CCN - Cannacoin - Cannapay - NWGT.tv - TokeTalk.Net - Cannacoin Community Network - Cannashares - A Cryptocurrency & Cannabis Development Team

ONLY DOWNLOAD CANNACOIN WALLET SOFTWARE FROM ORIGINAL POST: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740903.0

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
ik_do

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 09:12:35 AM

Last I was aware the markets had been updated and working fine, when was the last time you attempted to trade?

I asked on Poloniex chatbox and they weren't sure of an ETA on it working; I'm not sure if the problem lays on their side or yours though.

As of right now it still isn't working. However the other exchanges seem to be working.
tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 10:21:01 PM

I asked on Poloniex chatbox and they weren't sure of an ETA on it working; I'm not sure if the problem lays on their side or yours though.

As of right now it still isn't working. However the other exchanges seem to be working.

I confirmed with OldManKidd that the wallet is frozen, hopefully he can relay the information to Busoni to get the wallet fixed.  I'm not sure why as all other exchanges are not reporting any issues and I have been able to trade on Bittrex and Cryptsy just a minute ago.

Please let us know when it's fixed or if they need something from us. 

tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 10:34:08 PM

I will get right to it.

Hybridsole has been working on submitting some design ideas and thread translations to fiverr. You can get in contact with him pretty easily on IRC, Reddit, or Bitcointalk to get involved in this.

One thing you can do is help putting the translations into the Cannacoin OP post: http://pastebin.com/u1pRCVcS

This is pretty easy just a little time consuming. You can test it on Bitcointalk by posting it in our Cannacoin main thread and using the preview button to make sure the formatting is all correct. We can then take it from there and post it over in the corresponding language. The translations have to be professional so it should only be done by native speakers of those languages.

If anyone wants to get together with Hybridsole and sponsor some more $5 fiverr submissions that would be great.  I can also go through all of the fiverr finished projects and see what else we can do with them.

We are interested in some new graphics design work and are looking for someone with graphics design skills to volunteer a little time in exchange for some Cannacoins.

Even if your skills are limited, you can always submit a sketch or rough draft to Fiverr.com and they can improve it.

We are also still working on getting another wallet compiled that will give no false-negatives with anti-virus software.  I am currently using a Windows build that gives less false-negatives and also improves connections greatly. If you want to use the new Windows build of Cannacoin-QT then PM me for a link.  More of us should test this build if we are running Windows clients.

Finally, our team as you know is intimately involved in the Cannabis industry.  We are having discussions with industry leaders regularly about Cannacoin and the future of the blockchain in their respective businesses.  We are looking at every angle to develop cryptocurrency-based innovations for producers and suppliers of products and services in the Cannabis industry.  We are also strictly following all legal regulations in these industries and constantly monitoring the regulation of cryptocurrencies and their application in the private sector going forward.  We believe that the financial regulations for Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies that are developed in New York and become the standard for Wall Street will become a model for either federal or state policy through the rest of the United States.

You can research regulations in development in NY: http://www.coindesk.com/lawsky-outlines-revisions-new-yorks-bitlicense-dc-speech/
ik_do

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 08:31:07 AM

I confirmed with OldManKidd that the wallet is frozen, hopefully he can relay the information to Busoni to get the wallet fixed.  I'm not sure why as all other exchanges are not reporting any issues and I have been able to trade on Bittrex and Cryptsy just a minute ago.

It's working now; having said that I can't withdraw from cryptorush (i'll send them a support ticket and let you know if its a bug or just my system being stupid)

thanks.
Cannacoin (OP)

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 10:27:10 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2014, 11:28:35 PM by Cannacoin

I have unfortunate news for the community regarding our IRC Tipbot Cannatip.

On December 17th, a few members on IRC managed to exploit an attack vector in the tipbot that allowed them to tip/withdraw funds that were not associated to their username.  We have several logs of the event along with usernames in question.  Also we have an exact address where the stolen funds are sitting today which was moved Dec 23rd.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ccn/address.dws?CWKEo6Mz3g8As7ooPh1gQVwfqjcpfcQpob.htm

The usernames so far that we have associated to the attacks are: Jellyas, Oleenka, Kentrosig, Sapdown, Ashstyle, Bloguarter, Songa

04:39 oleenka has joined (uid56921@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-qyksmurciebtrocl)
05:23 jellyas has joined (uid55995@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-kvalwolmrlqrjoux)
05:45 bloguarter has joined (uid55997@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-mxeadjaxikhotxfb)
06:02 ashstyle has joined (uid56002@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-mzzdmvdnvaslhnyy)
06:07 sapdown has joined (uid56004@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-ohofviygumfqacpa)
06:14 kentrosig has joined (uid56143@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-nhuqdvfazamdmnld)
06:59 songa has joined (uid55835@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-wjyritnosydcfsji)

If you are are aware of who this might be contact the CCN Team immediately.

The vector was first reported on Dec 23rd, https://github.com/unek/node-tip-bot/issues/17 and since has been fixed. Like I mentioned earlier, we have logs for the entire event and are still investigating the issue to determine who the attackers may be. The team and I are working to recoup the funds lost as the only good news is that we have logs of each user accounts and the balances associated with them to ensure that each and every individual gets their funds returned. The total loss of coins is ~35k CCN with roughly 15k of those coming from IRC users directly and the remainder was part of the CCN Dev funds recent donations.

The attack vector up until this point was not obvious however many other coins/communities using the unek-node tipbot platform were vulnerable.  Thanks to the open source nature a report of the problem and a quick turnaround for a solution was available and should fix the threat of the attack vector in the future.

While this is never easy news, we feel its important to make this information public so that everyone is aware and while other communities may still be at risk. We will be releasing additional information as we investigate further.

If the attackers are somehow reading this, we would appreciate it if you would contact us and return the funds. We will make sure they are returned the respected owners and are willing to pay a BTC bounty for the honesty.

-SubCreative

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 10:34:48 PM

It's working now; having said that I can't withdraw from cryptorush (i'll send them a support ticket and let you know if its a bug or just my system being stupid)

thanks.

Cool thanks.  I am not sure about Cryptorush, I will verify this as well.  Poloniex back up though.  Cheers
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 10:42:44 PM

I'm sorry to hear about the Cannatip IRC tipbot exploit.  Thank you for the detailed information SubCreative and let us hope that the attacker(s) decide to return the stolen funds.
LuckyKey

Activity: 368

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 01:13:15 AM

I'm sorry to hear about the Cannatip IRC tipbot exploit.  Thank you for the detailed information SubCreative and let us hope that the attacker(s) decide to return the stolen funds.

I gave some coins to the donation fund posted on the cannacoin.cc web page (Dec 26th), is that the same fund that was hacked?  If not, what's the tipbot, and what's the proper way to donate now?

tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 02:02:30 AM
Last edit: December 29, 2014, 02:26:24 AM by tokyopotato

I gave some coins to the donation fund posted on the cannacoin.cc web page (Dec 26th), is that the same fund that was hacked?  If not, what's the tipbot, and what's the proper way to donate now?

Very little of the funds from the development fund were stored in the same wallet as Cannatip and when the attackers utilized the Cannatip exploit in IRC they were able to withdraw some of the funds from that donation address.

The current donation address should be fine as they did not get access to the private keys they just were able to exploit the vulnerability in the tipbot into giving all the coins to one user through the !tip command and then withdraw.

I will get SubCreative to update you guys on that soon Smiley
GJayJayG

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 04:43:35 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2014, 06:04:02 PM by GJayJayG

Sorry to ear about the tipbot problem/thief. Let's just hope to resolve that in a way or another for the original owner of the coins. Else it's still a "amount" non totally negligabable. but only about 0,75 % of all coin, and would not have such an impact (at todays price of 8000 35000 would be 2.8 BTC but I would not be able to liquidate it all a that price more like 1-1.5 BTC, so around 1 days a regular/low trading volume on Bittrex for ex.)

On another topic:

Before the switch to PoSV the price was around 3000-4000 satoshi per CCN. One month (more like 3 weeks - 20 days) latter the price has already more then double !!!!!

see: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/cannacoin/

And when you look at the price chart and the trend it seems well on his ways to get much much higher.

That is a good news and gift for this end of year to all invested (coin-wise or any other way), and credite to all the good works and people behind this coin.

Let's make 2015, the year that will make CCN get on the map and get real usage and adoption.

Happy hollidays and all the best to CCN and all of us Wink

PS: To add credit to Subcreative and all the CCN dev Team, Potcoin seems to be going down or envisaging going down the road for a PoSV switch based on reddcoin code (like CCN did succesfully) Wink see smokemon514, comments and that here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/potcoin/comments/2qe8uk/why_and_what_exactly_needs_to_get_fixed_with_the/

newcripto

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 09:25:19 PM

I was following the Cannacoin far a while but now finally i decided to enter in this amazing community by buying some for me too.
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 10:23:32 PM

I was following the Cannacoin far a while but now finally i decided to enter in this amazing community by buying some for me too.

Welcome newcripto!  This is a great community here of dedicated developers in both cryptocurrency and cannabis industry.  We are combining the best of both worlds.  Are you by chance in Washington or Oregon? 
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 10:47:53 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2014, 11:49:01 PM by tokyopotato

Lawsky Outlines Revisions to New York's BitLicense in DC Speech — The latest revisions to the proposed New York BitLicense have been announced at a panel event in Washington.
http://www.coindesk.com/lawsky-outlines-revisions-new-yorks-bitlicense-dc-speech/
http://www.dfs.ny.gov/about/press2014/pr1407171-vc.pdf

I have been doing some analysis of cryptocurrency regulations in development in New York and D.C.  

What I am seeing is that consumer product companies and retail businesses will have to sell products in $USD denominated valuations.  Therefore cryptocurrencies are kosher as long as businesses are pricing their products in dollars and not using any speculative aspect for consumer prices.  What this could mean is that authorities are going to make it clear that cryptocurrency speculation is not acceptable in retail stores.  This can be seen pretty clearly if you look at the comments regarding gift cards. If you are a business and you sell a gift card that uses a cryptocurrency network, the face value of that gift card must be in $USD.  So no matter what the price fluctuation of the cryptocurrency, the business must accept the gift card in $USD and using those face values. This pretty much puts a ban on a cryptocurrency price pegging for companies that cannot meet extremely strict regulatory guidelines and don't have Bit-Licenses.

The reason for this is pretty clear from the standpoint of regulators.  There's a lot of room for futures speculation scams if they don't.  Many cryptocurrencies are being marketed as a type of "futures security"  (example: In the future 1 ICE-CREAM COIN will be worth 1 ICE-CREAM).  From a consumer protection standpoint, this is a very slippery slope.  This would be considered using a cryptocurrency as a type of asset-backed security.  It would be the same if I wanted to issue stock in a company without any clear indication of what the real assets and liabilities of the company are.  This would be securities fraud from the standpoint of the SEC.

You will in my opinion be allowed to peg internally to $USD for Gift Card purposes, but not for futures speculation.  So, if you issue a gift card you will be required to issue that gift card in $USD and the value of that Gift Card CANNOT fluctuate on a traded market.  Advertising prices in another currency or speculative asset is already illegal because it violates the "legal tender" laws of the United States. Companies that will use cryptocurrencies for these speculative purposes will likely need to register with the SEC and other regulatory agencies in the future through these "Bit-licenses" if they want to use cryptocurrencies for these purposes.  As it stands, you can currently price your products in $USD and accept the market-weighted value of Bitcoin (or any coin) at the time of purchase.  

I am continuing to follow these regulations very closely as they are developed in order to ensure that the cannabis community and the businesses we are talking with are aware of the limitations on cryptocurrency that will likely be imposed through regulations in the future.  I would like to hear other's comments and interpretations of these regulations.
blakeaholics

Activity: 312

Graphic Designer & Programmer

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 04:02:34 AM

I keep getting an error at 27 weeks behind with the new wallet:

What can I do? I've tried clearing everything and a fresh install but so far nothing.
Cannacoin (OP)

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 05:09:17 AM

I keep getting an error at 27 weeks behind with the new wallet:

What can I do? I've tried clearing everything and a fresh install but so far nothing.

Have you recently tried to move or change any files in the .cannacoin directory, perhaps load a new wallet.dat? Im checking the error here:
https://github.com/Cannacoin-Project/Cannacoin/blob/7492dc804a7a3eb1f8ad44b65689a1c65c254c0f/src/db.cpp#L264

Is there a possibility that you have invalid permissions on the file? Make sure the owner/group are the same and set the user have read/write/execute access. If that doesn't work, try deleting ALL files but the wallet.dat and resyncing from the start(you mention this but not sure if you deleted each folder).

Ill investigate further to see if theres an issue, you can also try posting the output of your debug.log file and there may be some useful debugging info we can use there as well.

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
blakeaholics

Activity: 312

Graphic Designer & Programmer

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 07:03:47 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2014, 07:29:26 PM by blakeaholics

Have you recently tried to move or change any files in the .cannacoin directory, perhaps load a new wallet.dat? Im checking the error here:
https://github.com/Cannacoin-Project/Cannacoin/blob/7492dc804a7a3eb1f8ad44b65689a1c65c254c0f/src/db.cpp#L264

Is there a possibility that you have invalid permissions on the file? Make sure the owner/group are the same and set the user have read/write/execute access. If that doesn't work, try deleting ALL files but the wallet.dat and resyncing from the start(you mention this but not sure if you deleted each folder).

Ill investigate further to see if theres an issue, you can also try posting the output of your debug.log file and there may be some useful debugging info we can use there as well.

Yeah I did, I backed up my wallet to a different location before the switch to POSV in case there were any problems with the wallet. After adding the new wallet application it didn't want to load so I did a clean install and reimported my wallet.

It looks like it has full permissions:

Output of debug.log from right before the crash:
Code:
2014-12-30 04:00:53 Difficulty Retarget - Kimoto Gravity Well (Time-warp patched 4/5/14)
2014-12-30 04:00:53 PastRateAdjustmentRatio = 1.13522
2014-12-30 04:00:53 Before: 1d009e2d 000000009e2d0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
2014-12-30 04:00:53 After: 1d009e21 000000009e21fd7bc4a677e17dbb288f6bd0687bdd303d69350dc5bc914ad4df
2014-12-30 04:00:53 CheckSync: accepted? f1b4cdf03c86099a0758f1c018d1a10bf05afab436c92b93b42bb88970de9821
2014-12-30 04:00:53 (nModifierTime / nModifierInterval >= pindexPrev->GetBlockTime() / nModifierInterval) = True (return true)
2014-12-30 04:00:53 *** System error: CDB() : can't open database file wallet.dat, error -30974
2014-12-30 04:01:09 ERROR: AcceptBlock() : AddToBlockIndex failed
2014-12-30 04:01:09 ERROR: ProcessBlock() : AcceptBlock FAILED
2014-12-30 04:01:09 Difficulty Retarget - Kimoto Gravity Well (Time-warp patched 4/5/14)
2014-12-30 04:01:09 PastRateAdjustmentRatio = 1.13295
2014-12-30 04:01:09 Before: 1d009e21 000000009e210000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
2014-12-30 04:01:09 After: 1d009e94 000000009e948165f97e53ac243fb3d56a6df90594775559fe06a7a95c2c45c2
2014-12-30 04:01:09 CheckSync: accepted? f1b4cdf03c86099a0758f1c018d1a10bf05afab436c92b93b42bb88970de9821
2014-12-30 04:01:09 opencon thread interrupt
2014-12-30 04:01:09 dumpaddr thread stop
2014-12-30 04:01:09 net thread interrupt
2014-12-30 04:01:09 (nModifierTime / nModifierInterval >= pindexPrev->GetBlockTime() / nModifierInterval) = True (return true)
2014-12-30 04:01:09 msghand thread interrupt
2014-12-30 04:01:13 addcon thread interrupt
2014-12-30 04:01:13 Shutdown : In progress...
2014-12-30 04:01:13 Flush(false)
2014-12-30 04:01:13 wallet.dat refcount=0
2014-12-30 04:01:13 wallet.dat checkpoint
2014-12-30 04:01:13 wallet.dat detach
2014-12-30 04:01:13 wallet.dat closed
2014-12-30 04:01:13 DBFlush(false) ended               0ms
2014-12-30 04:01:13 StopNode()
2014-12-30 04:01:13 StakeMiner terminated
2014-12-30 04:01:13 UPNP_DeletePortMapping() returned : 0
2014-12-30 04:01:13 upnp thread interrupt
2014-12-30 04:01:13 Flushed 3666 addresses to peers.dat  31ms
2014-12-30 04:01:13

EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error      
CDB() : can't open database file wallet.dat, error -30974      
C:\Users\Blake\Desktop\Altcoins\Cannacoin\cannacoin-qt.exe in Runaway exception      

2014-12-30 04:01:14 EnvShutdown exception: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery (-30974)

I'm now trying again by clearing everything (including folders) except wallet.dat

Edit: It's failed again. :/
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 08:24:37 PM

I've done quite a few installs and have not experienced this problem.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

I usually make multiple backups of my wallet.dat files and date them accordingly.  If you have another one you might try that.

Also, are you certain you are using a Cannacoin wallet.dat and not a CannabisCoin wallet.dat?

If you would like, you can try to use my recently compiled Cannacoin-QT with some updated .DLL and improved connections... I will PM you a link

*edit* have you tried synching up the blockchain first, and then replacing the wallet.dat after you are totally synched?

I sent you my newest Cannacoin-QT link in PM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: