Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:52:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 [687] 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312371 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 04:01:51 AM

David Morgan, a dyed in the wool precious metals guy, praises bitcoin and alternative financial networks (youtube, x22 report spotlight from this morning - last mention in the interview).  I've been noticing an uptick again in btc awareness lately, which eventually gives us the trickle down exposure.  That and the gobbling of the 200ksat wall last hour - Bullish!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 04:10:17 AM

How does one scalp and get 1,000 XMR per trade?
Unless you are trading very big lot sizes ...

Well my research last year into the two-dimensional equivalent of the "golden ratio" yielded what I call the 'golden ellipse'.  Using it I can establish ratios for the appropriate risk factors at every given price movement.  You know those silly one-dimensional 'fibbonacci retracement levels'?  Imagine a sliding risk ratio as the price action moves through the ellipse.  Using it my trading group was able to predict within 5% that the height of the previous movement was 240k Satoshi, and call the channel low of 170k.  We basically flipped and made a tidy profit.  

I am in talks with a couple of major hedge funds for my research, and since this is a new type of mathematical constant it will be discovered eventually anyway.  It just feels nice to discover it first and have the most accurate technical analysis on the entire planet..

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 04:46:27 AM

Etherium has brought a lot of money into Poloniex.
Once people who have money in Etherium are awfully rich, Monero might be getting some investments from there also and it might mean a mega move in the price of XMR.
Therefore it is good not to start a war against ETH but start to tell them about a great opportunity to diversify their assets. ETH serves its purpose well and XMR has entirely different purpose (it's intended to be cash equivalent money).
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2016, 04:58:20 AM

Once people who have money in Etherium are awfully rich, Monero might be getting some investments from there also and it might mean a mega move in the price of XMR.
Therefore it is good not to start a war against ETH but start to tell them about a great opportunity to diversify their assets. ETH serves its purpose well and XMR has entirely different purpose (it's intended to be cash equivalent money).

If Ethereum is vaporware, I'm going to say so. This whole "don't alienate the potential investor" is the same thing the dashtards used in an attempt mitigate criticism. I'm still not convinced if Ethereum will or won't do what it claims--and frankly, I don't really follow it as it isn't in the privacy sector--but if it looks like BS, I'm certainly going to say so no matter what the implications are to anyone's stack. Grow a spine, TC.

smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 05:02:31 AM

If Ethereum is vaporware, I'm going to say so. This whole "don't alienate the potential investor" is the same thing the dashtards used in an attempt mitigate criticism. I'm still not convinced if Ethereum will or won't do what it claims--and frankly, I don't really follow it as it isn't in the privacy sector--but if it looks like BS, I'm certainly going to say so no matter what the implications are to anyone's stack. Grow a spine, TC.

Regardless of whether one alienates ETH investors or not it is certainly the case that ETH has brought a lot of money (and margin buying power) into the market and I do agree with TC that some of that money is spilling over to other markets (including XMR but also unfortunately including a new crop of pure scamcoin that are being launched at an increased rate).
CrowdWhale

Activity: 799

Twitter: @CrowdWhale

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 05:19:35 AM

Yep, exactly what I've been saying and factoring into my market cap predictions. Ethereum brought money, interest, and belief back into the alt world. That money sitting on the exchange has a tendency to drift as new people branch out to explore other trading opportunities. ETH might have made the phrase "Alts Are Back" finally true.

I like ETH. I'm not holding any because I made my money on it and now it's more for day trading. I'm a day trader, but lately I've been working on a helper bot (not to trade for me, but to perform some basic tasks) and more interested in holding. So I'm just holding a metric fuck-ton of XMR and a bunch of RADS.
target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 05:56:14 AM

Yep, exactly what I've been saying and factoring into my market cap predictions. Ethereum brought money, interest, and belief back into the alt world. That money sitting on the exchange has a tendency to drift as new people branch out to explore other trading opportunities. ETH might have made the phrase "Alts Are Back" finally true.

I like ETH. I'm not holding any because I made my money on it and now it's more for day trading. I'm a day trader, but lately I've been working on a helper bot (not to trade for me, but to perform some basic tasks) and more interested in holding. So I'm just holding a metric fuck-ton of XMR and a bunch of RADS.

where do you buy XMR, which exchange?
I was trying to buy XMR but didn't find it on yobit so i stopped searching. i don't wanna register again to any exchange until i can verify there is monero there.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2016, 06:15:49 AM

Regardless of whether one alienates ETH investors or not it is certainly the case that ETH has brought a lot of money (and margin buying power) into the market and I do agree with TC that some of that money is spilling over to other markets (including XMR but also unfortunately including a new crop of pure scamcoin (*cough* Maidsafe *cough*) that are being launched at an increased rate).

Fix'd.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
persiancat

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 06:35:56 AM

where do you buy XMR, which exchange?
I was trying to buy XMR but didn't find it on yobit so i stopped searching. i don't wanna register again to any exchange until i can verify there is monero there.

There is a BTC/XMR pair at Poloniex.
Poloniex is the main trading hub for XMR

https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/xmr/analysis/BTC
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4894

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 06:57:22 AM

What a great read, Thanks!

This seems to have hidden a bit, makes me wonder what other bugs are out there.

https://github.com/zcash/zcash/issues/738

And this one as well.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
primer-
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 07:55:50 AM

You all should have listened to my advice to dump XMR and buy ETH in January! I've since sold 400BTC worth of ETH and still hold 35k in cold storage.. My XMR holdings are 0 now.

Do it NOW before its too late! Don't forget its all over for XMR once ring signature dapp comes out (Vitalik personally working on it!)
boolberry

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 08:29:30 AM

What a great read, Thanks!

This seems to have hidden a bit, makes me wonder what other bugs are out there.

https://github.com/zcash/zcash/issues/738

And this one as well.

This should make any potential buyer, miner or user of Zcash very nervous. Monero definitely seems like a much safer option.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2016, 08:51:45 AM

You all should have listened to my advice to dump XMR and buy ETH in January! I've since sold 400BTC worth of ETH and still hold 35k in cold storage.. My XMR holdings are 0 now.

Do it NOW before its too late! Don't forget its all over for XMR once ring signature dapp comes out (Vitalik personally working on it!)

Polo trollbox leaking into BTCT.   Roll Eyes

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 09:28:55 AM

You were right on January. Unfortunately I am afraid it is too late now to buy eth as it is pretty expensive. Better to stick coins that are undervalued, such  as xmr.
CrowdWhale

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 09:57:52 AM

I *was* in ETH in January. I'm now in XMR. See how that works? Pretty fancy stuff.

FUDsters make me sick.
primer-
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 10:21:26 AM

You were right on January. Unfortunately I am afraid it is too late now to buy eth as it is pretty expensive. Better to stick coins that are undervalued, such  as xmr.

You are wrong.
RemindMe! 90 days....
CrowdWhale

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 10:59:59 AM

This is an XMR thread, not an ETH thread. Please stay on topic and post your feelings about ETH in the ETH thread. Thanks.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 11:21:31 AM

You are wrong.
RemindMe! 90 days....

How can you be so assured? Is there anything concretic arguments behind such a wonderful claim?
I am not a believer so I am open to new ideas as long as the arguments are solid like a rock. A mere attempt to pump'n'dump a coin is not such type of argument.
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 11:24:14 AM

This is an XMR thread, not an ETH thread. Please stay on topic and post your feelings about ETH in the ETH thread. Thanks.

It was on topic because of this claim:

"Don't forget its all over for XMR once ring signature dapp comes out (Vitalik personally working on it!)"

A reminder: Comments that express a negative trading or technological opinion on XMR, if supported by some sort of reasoning or evidence, are absolutely on-topic. Whether positive or negative, that comments are on-topic does not make them correct (or incorrect). Readers should evaluate all opinions carefully.
equipoise

Activity: 794

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2016, 12:06:22 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2016, 12:21:26 PM by equipoise

It was on topic because of this claim:

"Don't forget its all over for XMR once ring signature dapp comes out (Vitalik personally working on it!)"

A reminder: Comments that express a negative trading or technological opinion on XMR, if supported by some sort of reasoning or evidence, are absolutely on-topic. Whether positive or negative, that comments are on-topic does not make them correct (or incorrect). Readers should evaluate all opinions carefully.

Since the bold part is objectively false (to best of my knowledge, which may be subjective Smiley ), if I was the moderator, I would delete it. Since I want the price lower in order to buy more (which is my case), I would claim it's on topic Smiley

Edit: and the speculation (to stay on topic): XMR is up from here - both in BTC terms and in USD/EUR terms, based on both technical and fundamental analysis.
Edit2: spelling

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
Pages: « 1 ... 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 [687] 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: