Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:29:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 [677] 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312367 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 11:06:40 AM

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-02-26/why-hedge-fund-manager-who-made-killing-subprime-buying-bitcoin

Nice article; have to repeat though that *someone* should push an XMR integration in an exchange in China... like ASAP. Roll Eyes

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 12:48:20 PM

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-02-26/why-hedge-fund-manager-who-made-killing-subprime-buying-bitcoin

Nice article; have to repeat though that *someone* should push an XMR integration in an exchange in China... like ASAP. Roll Eyes
Can't a whale make a new exchange there (for alt cny pairs).

Still no offers to Chinese for MAID, ETH & XMR. Just saying...
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 03:33:31 PM

Meanwhile, our core-team member Riccardo "fluffypony" Spagni is currently present at the Satoshi Roundtable:

http://satoshiroundtable.org/

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 03:36:11 PM

Meanwhile, our core-team member Riccardo "fluffypony" Spagni is currently present at the Satoshi Roundtable:

http://satoshiroundtable.org/

Is this some kind of meeting of the Illuminati/Bilderberg?  Grin
CryptoAddict

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 04:10:15 PM

Is this bad or very bad for monero?

Will this implementation allow Satoshi to spend his coins without anyone knowing?

No..

Thus, it's very good for monero.
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 04:43:54 PM

Will this implementation allow Satoshi to spend his coins without anyone knowing?

No..

Personally I don't think Bitcoiners will ever implement a way for "Satoshi" to be able to move his coins without no one knowing... I mean shit, if Satoshi is really still alive and hanging around, do you really think that he won't just cash out a good portion of his stash for other investments into gold/silver/fiat/etc.?  It's like he's (his coins) are held captive as some prisoner in a world that he "single handedly" created, which is insane to me.  If he were to move his coins, then Satoshi's baby he created would essentially be decapitated and the trust people have in Bitcoin would be lost forever.

And then other people who are heavily invested into Bitcoin sit there on their high horse and say that fungibility isn't a big concern... I feel bad for Satoshi.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 05:06:35 PM

It may sound crazy to you but satoshi probably does not care. As he was able to create something so great, he has likely either made enough money in the past, or is confident that he can make in the future.

Compare to Crypto Kingdom, which is not nearly as great an invention. My position is currently worth about €400k, yet there is no way to sell it and actually I recently "donated" about half of it to the game so that I am only entitled to the profits. If I am completely fine with the state of affairs, surely satoshi is as well, after all his capabilities are much larger than mine.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 05:08:00 PM

No..

Personally I don't think Bitcoiners will ever implement a way for "Satoshi" to be able to move his coins without no one knowing... I mean shit, if Satoshi is really still alive and hanging around, do you really think that he won't just cash out a good portion of his stash for other investments into gold/silver/fiat/etc.?  It's like he's (his coins) are held captive as some prisoner in a world that he "single handedly" created, which is insane to me.  If he were to move his coins, then Satoshi's baby he created would essentially be decapitated and the trust people have in Bitcoin would be lost forever.

And then other people who are heavily invested into Bitcoin sit there on their high horse and say that fungibility isn't a big concern... I feel bad for Satoshi.

Who knows if Satoshi even has the keys to those coins.  He could have just mined without actually believing BTC would become what it has.

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 05:24:45 PM

Speculation wise:

Someone took out another 5k short and placed it at 194k. Lending rates are really high currently, around 0.15-0.16%.

Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 05:28:39 PM

Speculation wise:

Someone took out another 5k short and placed it at 194k. Lending rates are really high currently, around 0.15-0.16%.

Sounds quite crazy to me.
Perhaps there are soon opportunities to make a quick buck if there will start a forced liquadation. I am personally thinking of putting some coins for sale at higher price so that I am able to benefit of possible anomaly. We will see how this will play out.
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 05:32:32 PM

No..

Who knows if Satoshi even has the keys to those coins.  He could have just mined without actually believing BTC would become what it has.

If that's the case, that could possibly be the biggest TIFU for the entire history of the internet lol.  

It may sound crazy to you but satoshi probably does not care. As he was able to create something so great, he has likely either made enough money in the past, or is confident that he can make in the future.

Compare to Crypto Kingdom, which is not nearly as great an invention. My position is currently worth about €400k, yet there is no way to sell it and actually I recently "donated" about half of it to the game so that I am only entitled to the profits. If I am completely fine with the state of affairs, surely satoshi is as well, after all his capabilities are much larger than mine.

Well I certainly can't see anyone "not caring" about an estimated 400 mill.  He/she/they must be billionaires if that's the case, and if that is true, why would "Satoshi" even take the time of creating something that essentially replaces the fiat system in the first place?  I think Satoshi was very well aware of what he was doing; and even though he/she/they were probably well off, I don't see how Satoshi could write off a hundreds of millions of dollars.

What I'm trying to get at is not about Satoshi's wealth in general, or the fact that he cares or not about Bitcoin any more... It's more of the notion that he couldn't move his coins even if he did have the keys or wanted too in general.  That, to me, illustrates the importance of fungibility and Bitcoins main problem that Monero solves.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 05:45:04 PM

Speculation wise:

Sounds quite crazy to me.
Perhaps there are soon opportunities to make a quick buck if there will start a forced liquadation. I am personally thinking of putting some coins for sale at higher price so that I am able to benefit of possible anomaly. We will see how this will play out.

His ask wall was bought, no way back for him now.

wpalczynski
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 05:50:29 PM

No..

If that's the case, that could possibly be the biggest TIFU for the entire history of the internet lol.  

Well I certainly can't see anyone "not caring" about an estimated 400 mill.  He/she/they must be billionaires if that's the case, and if that is true, why would "Satoshi" even take the time of creating something that essentially replaces the fiat system in the first place?  I think Satoshi was very well aware of what he was doing; and even though he/she/they were probably well off, I don't see how Satoshi could write off a hundreds of millions of dollars.

What I'm trying to get at is not about Satoshi's wealth in general, or the fact that he cares or not about Bitcoin any more... It's more of the notion that he couldn't move his coins even if he did have the keys or wanted too in general.  That, to me, illustrates the importance of fungibility and Bitcoins main problem that Monero solves.

There are people out there that simply do not care about wealth.

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 06:02:23 PM

The issue I see with Satoshi's coins is: What happens if Satoshi is natural person and dies? Satoshi's estate could then be forced to sell a substantial portion of Satoshi's coins, easily 40% or more, in order to pay capital gains / and or inheritance taxes.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
ArticMine
Legendary

Monero Core Team

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 06:18:09 PM

I see volume keeps going lower as I have predicted. Sitting somewhere around 75k now, down from 700-800k fake volume. Expect price to follow on its way down to 4mil market cap.

Get the lube ready boys. It will be a very rough ride.

Low and / or falling volume during a consolidation after a strong rise can actually be a bullish sign and an indication of the strength of the underlying up trend. http://www.rediff.com/money/special/trading-volume-what-it-reveals-about-the-market/20090703.htm.

Edit: This is the correct observation and the wrong conclusion.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Herp

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 06:34:05 PM

I see volume keeps going lower as I have predicted. Sitting somewhere around 75k now, down from 700-800k fake volume. Expect price to follow on its way down to 4mil market cap.

Low and / or falling volume during a consolidation after a strong rise can actually be a bullish sign and an indication of the strength of the underlying up trend. http://www.rediff.com/money/special/trading-volume-what-it-reveals-about-the-market/20090703.htm.

The strong rise was artificial thus fake and the conclusions in that article don't apply. There weren't any real buyers behind that volume and move up in price.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

ArticMine
Legendary

Monero Core Team

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 06:46:20 PM

The strong rise was artificial thus fake and the conclusions in that article don't apply. There weren't any real buyers behind that volume and move up in price.

If you wish to deny reality I am not going to stop you. The readers can take a look at the charts and form their own conclusions.

wpalczynski
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 06:50:15 PM

If you wish to deny reality I am not going to stop you. The readers can take a look at the charts and form their own conclusions.

No real buyers... LMFAO what a logic fail.

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 06:52:07 PM

How can price rise artificially? I have thought that the price rises, when someone buys more than there are selling. The coins are mainly held in strong hands who do not even think about selling anywhere even distantly close to current prices.
I am expecting some early selling over 100 usd/xmr. When Monero was launched with high block reward the price were shortly around 4-5 usd so those of us who have been buying there are still underwater both btc wise and fiatwise.
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 07:46:34 PM

I am not real.  I was not real yesterday.  I hoped to be not real again today but it seems that others are more not real than I today. 

Contributing to the lack of my not realness today is the fact that I am working on my day off.
Pages: « 1 ... 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 [677] 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: