Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:50:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597140 times)
beetjuicesundae

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 02:19:02 PM

I've got the 25 GEMS sitting in the app wallet from the one referral I made - very cool.  As it's showing as 25 GEMS and 0 BTC, I'm assuming this is an offchain amount per the recent app update.  If I want to transfer GEMS offchain to onchain in the future, how will this work?  For example, when I used my secret passphrase to log onto counterwallet, it shows all zero balances (i.e. no GEMS).  If I try to send my 25 gems from the app wallet into the counterwallet address generated by the secret passphrase, the GetGems app says that the address is invalid.

Additionally, the offchain address attached to the app is now a different address than the one generated by the secret pass phrase.  And I don't see a mechanism to find the private key for the offchain address, to perhaps import it into the onchain counterwallet account.

I've been interested and using BTC since spring of 2013, but don't have any experience with offchain transactions.  Any explanation on how to move between onchain and offchain accounts is greatly appreciated.  I saw some explanation earlier in this thread about how to do this using XCP, but I haven't figured out how to view my offchain GEMS in Counterwallet.  Thanks.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 04:15:32 PM

I've got the 25 GEMS sitting in the app wallet from the one referral I made - very cool.  As it's showing as 25 GEMS and 0 BTC, I'm assuming this is an offchain amount per the recent app update.

True.

If I want to transfer GEMS offchain to onchain in the future, how will this work?

Copy to clipboard / or scan the QR address you want to send GEMS to --> Go to wallet tab and press on the wallet icon in the bottom right --> enter the amount of GEMS --> press confirm --> enter 4 digit PIN

For example, when I used my secret passphrase to log onto counterwallet, it shows all zero balances (i.e. no GEMS).

This is because the GEMS showed in the app are off-chain compared to GEMS displayed in counterparty which are are on-chain (an off-chain transaction is the movement of value outside of the block chain).

If I try to send my 25 gems from the app wallet into the counterwallet address generated by the secret passphrase, the GetGems app says that the address is invalid.

There shouldn't be a problem - what address are you trying to send to?

Additionally, the offchain address attached to the app is now a different address than the one generated by the secret pass phrase.  And I don't see a mechanism to find the private key for the offchain address, to perhaps import it into the onchain counterwallet account.

We hold the private keys to the off-chain addresses. When a user sends GEMS to his off-chain address his account gets credited with GEMS inside the app (very similar to how poloniex / coinbase and others work). This is a hybrid semi centralized database system meant for smaller balances and to allow for speed, security and zero transaction fees between GetGems users. GEMS are able to withdrawn to any external counterparty wallet (the fee is 1 GEM).

This hybrid solution is good for the "Airdrop" and for new users while not taking from the security of users that want to have their GEMS only on-chain outside of the app.

I've been interested and using BTC since spring of 2013, but don't have any experience with offchain transactions.  Any explanation on how to move between onchain and offchain accounts is greatly appreciated.  I saw some explanation earlier in this thread about how to do this using XCP, but I haven't figured out how to view my offchain GEMS in Counterwallet.  Thanks.

You can read more about the difference between on-chain and off-chain transactions here.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 05:52:45 PM

So does anybody have any insight into the apple app approval process?  I have read it takes them on average 6 days to review new apps (as opposed to google takes on average 2 hours!)  Now getgems might be different because it involves money and I think anything bitcoin seems to be heavily scrutinized by apple. 

Yes, a person looks at it.

A play store submission only goes through automated verification of API usage, virus checking, etc.

All apple app submissions are manually reviewed. That's why it takes longer. This is for ALL apps. It has nothing to do with the fact that it is a bit coin app.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 05:54:09 PM

i tried to transfer my GEMZ from counterwallet.io to my Getgems App. but it requires me to pay 0.0005 BTC? Although i know its not much, but it was initially in the Getgems app. sooo...feels kinda *wrong* to pay for it. Make it free for this one time at least. just from counterwallet.io to Getgems app. not to any other place

Couterparty runs on the bitcoin block chain. Bitcoin block chain tx generally need a miners fee. It has nothing to do with gems or the gem wallet, or whatever.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 06:11:25 PM

i tried to transfer my GEMZ from counterwallet.io to my Getgems App. but it requires me to pay 0.0005 BTC? Although i know its not much, but it was initially in the Getgems app. sooo...feels kinda *wrong* to pay for it. Make it free for this one time at least. just from counterwallet.io to Getgems app. not to any other place

Come on dude thats like 10 cents. Why should gems pay when its going to counterparty. Maybe if you had to move it to your wallet but actually you dont need to yet and later you can connect up your account to your wallet for the bonus.

lol...prob is...having to top up BTC requires a minimum cash deposit [through mastercard] of like $20-50USD through an exchange. i'm currently tight on budget. i wouldn't mind doing it if i only had to top up 30 cents or $1 to pay 10 cents. I don't mind paying in GEMZ too. unfortunately, it currently only accepts BTC, which is 0.0005.

i don't need to yet? i can later connect up my counterwallet.io to my getgems app for the bonus? can you provide more details on this? Would like to know more.  Grin

There's no real reason to put your crowdsale gems in your wallet now cause the multiplier for working out Bonus hasn't been implemented yet. There is a plan to be able to connect another account later as well as your wallet for the multiplier. So yeah you don't really need to hold into your app wallet now, just watch your bonus coins add up from referrals is probably all you want to do anyway. If your desperate later I'll send a few sats so you can move gems but for now I wouldn't bother.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 06:28:01 PM

So does anybody have any insight into the apple app approval process?  I have read it takes them on average 6 days to review new apps (as opposed to google takes on average 2 hours!)  Now getgems might be different because it involves money and I think anything bitcoin seems to be heavily scrutinized by apple.  

A play store submission only goes through automated verification of API usage, virus checking, etc.

All apple app submissions are manually reviewed. That's why it takes longer. This is for ALL apps. It has nothing to do with the fact that it is a bit coin app.

True but the fact is Apple has had a stormy relationship with Bitcoin apps, at one time banning outright. GetGems not only is a Bitcoin wallet but it's actually a crypto and payment system within the app and with Apple and major players all trying to dominate this space of payments I doubt GetGems will pass through the review system quite as smoothly as Angry Birds 8.

Can't iOS just be a download link on the Getgems website anyway?
beetjuicesundae

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 08:34:21 PM

If I try to send my 25 gems from the app wallet into the counterwallet address generated by the secret passphrase, the GetGems app says that the address is invalid.

Thanks for the responses.  Using the GetGems in-app QR code scanner for the send function, I've tried to scan the QR code in counterwallet for the same address that the secret phrase in getgems generates (onchain address).  I get an 'invalid address' error message.  Out of curiosity, I also scanned the QR code of another counterwallet address I have, and received the same error message.  These are QR codes generated directly off the counterwallet.io browser wallet on a computer (haven't tried the clipboard method on my phone).  The GetGems app recognizes the address from the QR code, as the address is shown in the error message, but the app still marks it as 'invalid'.

I'm not in a hurry to get the gems moved onchain, but am tinkering to see how it works.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 10:04:35 PM

Thanks for the responses.  Using the GetGems in-app QR code scanner for the send function, I've tried to scan the QR code in counterwallet for the same address that the secret phrase in getgems generates (onchain address).  I get an 'invalid address' error message.  Out of curiosity, I also scanned the QR code of another counterwallet address I have, and received the same error message.  These are QR codes generated directly off the counterwallet.io browser wallet on a computer (haven't tried the clipboard method on my phone).  The GetGems app recognizes the address from the QR code, as the address is shown in the error message, but the app still marks it as 'invalid'.

I'm not in a hurry to get the gems moved onchain, but am tinkering to see how it works.

Thank you for the report, we'll do additional testing with the QR scanner currently in use.
[The clipboard method is working well].
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 02:39:10 AM

iOS link for inviting friends
just a heads up info on the inviting friends through facebook thing. i noticed that it shares a GooglePlay link. problem is, some or half of my friends on Facebook are using iOS devices. So i believe the GEMS TEAM are going to do something about the link once the iOS version of the app is approved on the Apple App Store? Like redirecting them to a website that shows 2 links: GooglePlay and Apple? not just for Facebook but i am saying for all the other methods as well.

Come on dude thats like 10 cents. Why should gems pay when its going to counterparty. Maybe if you had to move it to your wallet but actually you dont need to yet and later you can connect up your account to your wallet for the bonus.

lol...prob is...having to top up BTC requires a minimum cash deposit [through mastercard] of like $20-50USD through an exchange. i'm currently tight on budget. i wouldn't mind doing it if i only had to top up 30 cents or $1 to pay 10 cents. I don't mind paying in GEMZ too. unfortunately, it currently only accepts BTC, which is 0.0005.

i don't need to yet? i can later connect up my counterwallet.io to my getgems app for the bonus? can you provide more details on this? Would like to know more.  Grin

There's no real reason to put your crowdsale gems in your wallet now cause the multiplier for working out Bonus hasn't been implemented yet. There is a plan to be able to connect another account later as well as your wallet for the multiplier. So yeah you don't really need to hold into your app wallet now, just watch your bonus coins add up from referrals is probably all you want to do anyway. If your desperate later I'll send a few sats so you can move gems but for now I wouldn't bother.

okay! thanks! Cheesy

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 04:30:46 AM

I only got a couple of referrals just sending to close friends at this early stage who I know are into crypto so I only got 50 gems. That was a few days ago when I updated. But I thought airdrops we're going to be daily so I figured I would see small increases daily?
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 11:56:09 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2015, 12:31:20 PM by Netnox

I only got a couple of referrals just sending to close friends at this early stage who I know are into crypto so I only got 50 gems. That was a few days ago when I updated. But I thought airdrops we're going to be daily so I figured I would see small increases daily?

Maybe it's still the first part of the rewards is implemented which is the invitational system, the second and third part maybe not yet https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jJ-vn9WHcyt2vV4mz03LJFf3d6F3TSxJYEznFrycArg/edit#heading=h.d17rvfhp8dh2

I was wondering if it's possible to implement a feature like Shapeshift which gives you the ability to changes currencies pretty much instantly without signing up to an exchange. This can be great for a simple in app swap from Gems to BTC and BTC to Gems https://shapeshift.io
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 01:09:10 PM

Maybe it's still the first part of the rewards is implemented which is the invitational system, the second and third part maybe not yet https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jJ-vn9WHcyt2vV4mz03LJFf3d6F3TSxJYEznFrycArg/edit#heading=h.d17rvfhp8dh2

I was wondering if it's possible to implement a feature like Shapeshift which gives you the ability to changes currencies pretty much instantly without signing up to an exchange. This can be great for a simple in app swap from Gems to BTC and BTC to Gems https://shapeshift.io

I guess what I was more curious was the mechanism of how airdrops are given. I personally think a daily addition however small is more appealing than say a weekly payment.
chrislen

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 11:37:32 AM

Has getgems been approved by apple?
frajervitalny

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

We bow in its aura

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 12:11:07 PM

So where is GEMZ right now, what it has done and what is planned to be done in near future? Can someone share outlook on current situation.
Thank you.

▐ LISK▐ is a Decentralized Application and Sidechain Platform written in Node.JS! Running on Delegated Proof of Stake. Including a Dapp Store and much more!
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 12:11:17 PM

Not yet......and its killing me!
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 12:13:03 PM

So where is GEMZ right now, what it has done and what is planned to be done in near future? Can someone share outlook on current situation.
Thank you.

Best way to know this project is download the app and play around with it. The Android is released as is beta airdrop. Now waiting for Apple to approve the iOS version. Good or bad news should come soon on that. 
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 01:50:16 PM

So does anybody have any insight into the apple app approval process?  I have read it takes them on average 6 days to review new apps (as opposed to google takes on average 2 hours!)  Now getgems might be different because it involves money and I think anything bitcoin seems to be heavily scrutinized by apple.  

True but the fact is Apple has had a stormy relationship with Bitcoin apps, at one time banning outright. GetGems not only is a Bitcoin wallet but it's actually a crypto and payment system within the app and with Apple and major players all trying to dominate this space of payments I doubt GetGems will pass through the review system quite as smoothly as Angry Birds 8.

There are some bitcoin related apps available for iOS so GetGems should be fine.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 04:06:45 PM

There are some bitcoin related apps available for iOS so GetGems should be fine.

I hope as well but for the reasons I mentioned if we don't hear anything in a few days I might start to get concerned.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 06:02:30 PM

I hope as well but for the reasons I mentioned if we don't hear anything in a few days I might start to get concerned.

Not yet......and its killing me!

We are happy to report that the iOS app has been approved  Smiley  [it hasn't been released to the App Store yet]
We are currently doing more QA and will submit an updated version for approval.
hector3115

Activity: 481
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 06:54:05 PM

I love the speed at which this project is progressing.  Youre kicking ass Daniel!  Now once both versions are out we can start cranking up the marketing hard!!  I love this app it has huge potential.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: