Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:59:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597134 times)
FinnMik

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 02:21:32 PM

Daniel,

getgems is a very exciting app.

as an early adopter, I would be interested in two things. I would appriate it if you could open up your views about them.

1) What is a role of Magma VC?

As a community member I think that it would be crucial to be as open as possible about their role.
They have invested 400k on getgems. To my understanding they do not own any gemzs
I am just wondering how they will get their investment back? And how they are helping you in concrete terms?
There is currently very little information about the role of Magma.

2) Advertising platform

Facebook, Google and other centralized operators collect a lot information about their users. If I was interested in fishing, it is no suprise that I would get plenty of fishing equipment adverts when using google, for example. So, in order to make the advertising platform tempting to advertisers, they demand some detailed information about their target group. That is, no one wants to do marketing to random people. Please could you help me to understand how this will work from this perspective?

KR

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 03:20:02 PM

Daniel,

getgems is a very exciting app.

as an early adopter, I would be interested in two things. I would appriate it if you could open up your views about them.

1) What is a role of Magma VC?

As a community member I think that it would be crucial to be as open as possible about their role.
They have invested 400k on getgems. To my understanding they do not own any gemzs
I am just wondering how they will get their investment back? And how they are helping you in concrete terms?
There is currently very little information about the role of Magma.

2) Advertising platform

Facebook, Google and other centralized operators collect a lot information about their users. If I was interested in fishing, it is no suprise that I would get plenty of fishing equipment adverts when using google, for example. So, in order to make the advertising platform tempting to advertisers, they demand some detailed information about their target group. That is, no one wants to do marketing to random people. Please could you help me to understand how this will work from this perspective?

KR

I hope Daniel if i'm way off can give you a better feedback, he must be pretty busy right now and isn't answering questions much on the thread, but some of these questions have sort of been answered, so I'll regurgitate some of my understanding.

1) I don't know anything about this specifically but as investors they could have some say in the development of the app and project generally and so to some extent GETGEMS is likely 'accountable' to them. They could be sleeping investors but my guess is they handhold fledgling startups in the hope to guide them to mutual success.

Its pretty clear what they do actually as they explain it on their site: 

http://www.magmavc.com/about/pre-seed-program.html

The issue of investment returns seems pretty clear also. I expect GETGEMS to still have a profit motive long term and are holding quite a few Gems still. I forget exactly how they will generate income but it has been mentioned before. Maybe someone else can remind us. Don't forget its not really open source as such, Getgems control the app ultimately.

2) Again you'll have to find exactly where it was said but Daniel has said before he envisions a kind of check list of interests that people can tick so they receive the kind of advertising that at least is appropriate IF they decide to receive adverts anyway which will be an option. If only FB did the same instead of trawling though our personal info...

xivba

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:15:58 PM

I got error message. "Our servers could not verify the pin". Any help? Thanks
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 07:07:04 PM

Exciting times

Agree. But also for those of you who like me are going bananas waiting for the iOS to drop, here's an encouragement.

Checking the dates, roughly it took 12 days for the iOS to be approved March 25th-April5th based on posts.

So 12 days again will be April 9th-April 20th (Monday) So good news hopefully any time soon.  Cheesy
hector3115

Activity: 481
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 07:29:51 PM

I'm checking twitter and this thread every half hour.  It's killing me.  When iOS drops, we can start marketing hard.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
BtcFlood.com

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 09:23:28 AM

Is the referral system ok? We can't get any new referrals yet!
Mr_SeLeNiO

Activity: 110
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 03:33:48 AM

Is the referral system ok? We can't get any new referrals yet!

yes it is ok, it's working excellent to me
Mr_SeLeNiO

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 03:40:33 AM

i have a problem, i can't withdraw my gemz, how do i do that? i tried in poloniex.com and bter.com, i sent my gemz and both site received them, also tried to send it to my bitcoin wallet, without any succesful results counterwallet.io, as the developer mentions, only shows me the address for bitcoin, but not the address of gemz, so i can't send gemz to there, what do i need to do then? i mean, i have no problem sending the gemz, because it  discount from the app, but aren't received to the addresses that i sent them
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 05:21:53 AM

i have a problem, i can't withdraw my gemz, how do i do that? i tried in poloniex.com and bter.com, i sent my gemz and both site received them, also tried to send it to my bitcoin wallet, without any succesful results counterwallet.io, as the developer mentions, only shows me the address for bitcoin, but not the address of gemz, so i can't send gemz to there, what do i need to do then? i mean, i have no problem sending the gemz, because it  discount from the app, but aren't received to the addresses that i sent them

We probably need more info to figure out what you are saying.

Withdraw from where to where?

You know, a bitcoin address IS a counter wallet address. However, you won't see GEMS in a bitcoin wallet. It has to be a counter party wallet.

If you sent GEMS to your bitcoin wallet did you get a transaction? You can add that address to your counterparty wallet and see any counterparty assests in it.

You could also put your address in the counterparty blockexplorer https://www.blockscan.com/ and it will show you any assets in that address as well.

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 12:45:30 PM

Is it possible to store Gems on a Trezor device?
Mr_SeLeNiO

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 07:13:02 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2015, 09:07:54 PM by Mr_SeLeNiO

i have a problem, i can't withdraw my gemz, how do i do that? i tried in poloniex.com and bter.com, i sent my gemz and both site received them, also tried to send it to my bitcoin wallet, without any succesful results counterwallet.io, as the developer mentions, only shows me the address for bitcoin, but not the address of gemz, so i can't send gemz to there, what do i need to do then? i mean, i have no problem sending the gemz, because it  discount from the app, but aren't received to the addresses that i sent them

You know, a bitcoin address IS a counter wallet address. However, you won't see GEMS in a bitcoin wallet. It has to be a counter party wallet.

If you sent GEMS to your bitcoin wallet did you get a transaction? You can add that address to your counterparty wallet and see any counterparty assests in it.

You could also put your address in the counterparty blockexplorer https://www.blockscan.com/ and it will show you any assets in that address as well.

well let's put it like this, i have gems in getgems messenger, i want to send them to any other wallet outside getgemz messenger app, where then i will be able to trade them, when i enter the secret phrase in counterwallet.io the only wallet from the app that is shown, is the bitcoin one, not the gemz one, and the balance is 0, plus it only says xcp and btc, not gemz.

P.S.: just noticed that i said that both sites recevied them i meant both sites did not recevied the gemz. i entered both btc and gemz addresses that getgems messenger says, in blockscan.com and says that have no balance, but getgems messenger shows me gemz
Vrezor

Activity: 40

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 01:07:31 AM

Any info on the iOS release?
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 04:12:53 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2015, 09:26:50 PM by PilotofBTC

i have a problem, i can't withdraw my gemz, how do i do that? i tried in poloniex.com and bter.com, i sent my gemz and both site received them, also tried to send it to my bitcoin wallet, without any succesful results counterwallet.io, as the developer mentions, only shows me the address for bitcoin, but not the address of gemz, so i can't send gemz to there, what do i need to do then? i mean, i have no problem sending the gemz, because it  discount from the app, but aren't received to the addresses that i sent them

well let's put it like this, i have gems in getgems messenger, i want to send them to any other wallet outside getgemz messenger app, where then i will be able to trade them, when i enter the secret phrase in counterwallet.io the only wallet from the app that is shown, is the bitcoin one, not the gemz one, and the balance is 0, plus it only says xcp and btc, not gemz.

P.S.: just noticed that i said that both sites recevied them i meant both sites did not recevied the gemz. i entered both btc and gemz addresses that getgems messenger says, in blockscan.com and says that have no balance, but getgems messenger shows me gemz

Ok, I'm pretty sure with the current version of the wallet the GEMZ are stored off chain... which means they won't show up in your counterwallet if you use the same seed/address as your GetGems wallet.

If you want to move them on chain, create a new address in your counter wallet and send it to that address. But, then they won't be in your getgems wallet.

A GetGems dev can probably confirm this... since I am only going by info that was posted her previously.
gorilo23

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 08:08:24 AM

Is gemz a decentralized app? or just the token system?
messaging is completely p2p or saved on a server?
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 08:29:33 AM

Don't take this as 100% accurate but the app is based on a telegram so your basically using messenger with Telegram so they use end to end encryption, you could find more detail reading about Telegram.

The token is based on counterparty so again if you want to know about that then go to counterparty, but yes its decentralised.

There is some element of decentralised for the airdrop and maintenance of the app, how much that is I don't know. but your communication and your tokens are ultimately not actually based on the app but the two projects I mentioned. So for all intents and purposes yes its decentralised with no info stored.
gorilo23

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 08:35:15 AM

Don't take this as 100% accurate but the app is based on a telegram so your basically using messenger with Telegram so they use end to end encryption, you could find more detail reading about Telegram.

The token is based on counterparty so again if you want to know about that then go to counterparty, but yes its decentralised.

There is some element of decentralised for the airdrop and maintenance of the app, how much that is I don't know. but your communication and your tokens are ultimately not actually based on the app but the two projects I mentioned. So for all intents and purposes yes its decentralised with no info stored.

Thanks for your reply.

I don't see why spending time and effort on a clone of an existing messenger. only to be able to transfer cryptocurrencies in-app?
So much work is done on decentralization of services, y not build a messaging dapp? makes much more sense.

Gemz will be much more attractive as a pure p2p dapp.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 08:42:53 AM

Thanks for your reply.

I don't see why spending time and effort on a clone of an existing messenger. only to be able to transfer cryptocurrencies in-app?
So much work is done on decentralization of services, y not build a messaging dapp? makes much more sense.

Originally it was an original app, it was decided to use the Telegram app as an open source platform. I have positive and negative feelings about it but also the Team have said they will only use it as long as it serves their purposes. It's actually mainly psychological if you think about it though, no need to invent the wheel if someone already has. The big plus is a telegram already has millions of users so for them to switch to gems means they can still use their contacts, there is nothing really negative about using Telgram apart from as I said psychological.

I would research more what Gems is, cause the big thing about Gems is not the app or even the token but the attention model that means the user is paid for allowing targeted advertising. And even as a straight app that sends crypto i have yet to see one that does it anywhere near as elegantly as gems and has btc and other coins as future currencies in the app. It's the killer btc app in my mind, and if it gets a few million users, whether it uses Telegram or not , it simply won't matter.
gorilo23

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 08:54:37 AM

Thanks for your reply.

Originally it was an original app, it was decided to use the Telegram app as an open source platform. I have positive and negative feelings about it but also the Team have said they will only use it as long as it serves their purposes. It's actually mainly psychological if you think about it though, no need to invent the wheel if someone already has. The big plus is a telegram already has millions of users so for them to switch to gems means they can still use their contacts, there is nothing really negative about using Telgram apart from as I said psychological.

I would research more what Gems is, cause the big thing about Gems is not the app or even the token but the attention model that means the user is paid for allowing targeted advertising. And even as a straight app that sends crypto i have yet to see one that does it anywhere near as elegantly as gems and has btc and other coins as future currencies in the app. It's the killer btc app in my mind, and if it gets a few million users, whether it uses Telegram or not , it simply won't matter.

All I can say is that I wish Gemz good luck, I really do

But when other messaging dapps will soon appear, I don't think that the attention model will be enough for user who are scared for their privacy to use this app.

Mainstream will keep using terrible apps like Whatsapp, while the other will use the most secure ones.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 09:04:07 AM

Thanks for your reply.

All I can say is that I wish Gemz good luck, I really do

But when other messaging dapps will soon appear, I don't think that the attention model will be enough for user who are scared for their privacy to use this app.

Mainstream will keep using terrible apps like Whatsapp, while the other will use the most secure ones.

The project will stand or fall on how many users it gets period, which makes this pretty FUD free, even the worst FUDers know that. I will be the first to abandon and sell if ai don't see the user count rise when we get into full swing.

But I got to be suspicious of your intentions as to me your account looks like a well maintained sock puppet account to use to promote your own project. just an opinion so don't waste time firing back.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=428589.msg11141326#msg11141326
Mr_SeLeNiO

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 01:07:05 PM

Ok, I'm pretty sure with the current version of the wallet the GEMZ are stored off chain... which means they won't show up in your counterwallet if you use the same seed/address as your GetGems wallet.

If you want to move them on change, create a new address in your counter wallet and send it to that address. But, then they won't be in your getgems wallet.

A GetGems dev can probably confirm this... since I am only going by info that was posted her previously.

Ok but are you sure? Because i already loss testing if i can transfer successfully the gemz
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: