Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:06:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597136 times)
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 09:25:12 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2015, 09:35:18 AM by Netnox

Can someone tell me,how much coins per message i get?

For each invite 25 Gems which works pretty well, i don't think rewards for sending messages, making transactions, contribution score has been implemented yet, would like to know the status of this.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 09:38:25 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2015, 09:54:23 AM by peled1986

A new version has been uploaded to the App Store for review and approval that fixes a lot of the feedback we received. Thank you everyone for testing and reporting bugs!  We could have delayed the initial release but I believe that with the community help and data analytics from active users the development speed will be much faster.

Anyone that would like to join our Beta Test Group on Android or iOS where we release early versions before we roll out updates please email me at daniel@getgems.org or message my GetGems username peled1986
qawzsx

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 09:51:22 AM

A new version has been uploaded to the App Store for review and approval that fixes a lot of the feedback we received. Thank you everyone for testing and reporting bugs!  We could have delayed the initial release but I believe that with the community help and data analytics from active users the development speed will be much faster.

Anyone that would like to join our Beta Test Group on Android or iOS were we release early versions before we roll out updates please email me at daniel@getgems.org or message my GetGems username peled1986

You really need some testers before submitting updates to app store.
jasinspace

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 12:04:54 AM

maybe when people leave feedback here they could sign with there gems id, then others can tip them for good feedback??
id - jas
 Cheesy
tokyosilver

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 11:41:24 AM

Hi,
Over the last few days, I've been testing on already hard-core Bitcoin people as well as never-had bitcoin newbies here in Tokyo. I've thought of following:- (iOS market share is the highest in the world here in Japan at around 60% of smart phone.)

1. I realized it is incredibly hard to get hard-core Bitcoin people to install this app.
--Reaction:- oh I have no more memory, I have enough IM apps, etc. I think GetGems is not techie enough and too pinkish for geeks?

2. I realized if I want to sprinkle some first bitcoins on a cute newbie girl, I will get her message ID automatically. And she can ask me questions via GetGems Message.

3. Can GEMS project team reward the users if they report bugs by sending some GEMZ? Eg. Create crash report button? And, if this model works, would GetGems be useful for Bitcoin exchanges to for bug reporting, customer support and perhaps, sending announcements? (even before advertising platform is completed.)

What do you guys think?

reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 12:33:00 PM

Hi,
Over the last few days, I've been testing on already hard-core Bitcoin people as well as never-had bitcoin newbies here in Tokyo. I've thought of following:- (iOS market share is the highest in the world here in Japan at around 60% of smart phone.)

1. I realized it is incredibly hard to get hard-core Bitcoin people to install this app.
--Reaction:- oh I have no more memory, I have enough IM apps, etc. I think GetGems is not techie enough and too pinkish for geeks?

2. I realized if I want to sprinkle some first bitcoins on a cute newbie girl, I will get her message ID automatically. And she can ask me questions via GetGems Message.

3. Can GEMS project team reward the users if they report bugs by sending some GEMZ? Eg. Create crash report button? And, if this model works, would GetGems be useful for Bitcoin exchanges to for bug reporting, customer support and perhaps, sending announcements? (even before advertising platform is completed.)

What do you guys think?

I like this a lot.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 02:25:45 PM

Hi,

What do you guys think?

Messenger apps take time and also some decent media coverage to build up a support base. Even the big messenger apps seem to of taken a year or so before they blew up in numbers...it takes time. I'm surprised Bitcoin enthusiasts dismiss the app but maybe so. I noticed recently that NXTTY messenger which I honestly don't think is any good and has none of the motivations that Gems has to join has pushed over 5,000 downloads. My point is the first stage might seem like a slog to get to the first stage of having maybe 10,000-50,000 downloads but things can pick up pace after you get to that stage I think.

Forget Bitcoiners who tend to be dismissive of 'alt coins' and once the airdrop is operational focus on newbies with the simple idea that this messenger app pays you to use it and you can make quite a bit of money, i.e. a couple of hundred dollars (which isn't an exaggeration at this stage I believe). Tell them like its an insider secret from a buddy that released the app to get coins now while there isn't too many users to share the airdrop.  Tongue

I don't actually use messenger apps but I wish someone who does would make one of the those top 10 Messenger app videos or top 10 apps period on Youtube.

One thing I wonder about is if newbie users have an easy way to check how the price of Gems/Bitcoin is developing chart wise over time. Maybe it would clutter the app but for most of us I'm sure we spend a lot of time looking at alt coin charts, just knowing the price of something isn't enough, we want to see the chart. maybe this could be linked off the app, even in settings maybe.
fragORA

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 03:13:11 PM

IOS referrals bugged? Did a test referral to the wifes phone and did not get anything. showing 0 referals on my app.

ORA::100% POS Free & Fair distribution|issued NXT AE
davidwpenny

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:10:04 AM

i don't even know if this is possible.  i do not own an android so i thought i would find some place i can purchase the coin.  but then the question is, where can i find the wallet to send the coins too?  i would rather have control of it on my computer than have it stored somewhere else.

am i just wishful thinking and it is not worth it to try?
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 08:40:00 AM

i don't even know if this is possible.  i do not own an android so i thought i would find some place i can purchase the coin.  but then the question is, where can i find the wallet to send the coins too?  i would rather have control of it on my computer than have it stored somewhere else.

am i just wishful thinking and it is not worth it to try?

The app is really a front for a perfectly secure wallet and is only reflecting your account, i.e. tokens are not actually stored on your phone. But if you don't want to touch the app at all then you simply (I think) you can just create a counterpart wallet and send your gems or Bitcoin to it.

Maybe do a test or wait till someone confirms this cause I'm not 100% you don't first have to have an app generated wallet but I'm pretty sure you don't. So just make a wallet with counterparty and don't forget your passphrase.

http://counterparty.io
TheGift73

Activity: 525
Merit: 501

GameX (GX) | NextGEN Gaming Cryptocurrency

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:53:37 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2015, 11:20:35 AM by TheGift73

Hi,

I have recently purchased some GEMZ via BITtrex and would like to send them to my mobile (Android) wallet so that they are secure.

I have downloaded the app and set it up. (along with making multiple copies of my passphrase) However, the only way I can see to receive coins on the wallet is via a QR code. Is there a way to convert that QR code to a standard wallet address that I can C&P to BITtrex so I can send those coins to my mobile wallet.

██

███
                                         ████
                                         ████

▄▄▄▄█████████████████████▄                  ▄████████▀
    ▄█████████████████████████████▄              ▄████████▀
  ▄██████████████████████▀ ▀████████▄          ▄████████▀
 ██████████████████████▀     ▀████████▄      ▄████████▀
████████                       ▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
███████ █████████████████████    ▀████████████████▀
██████   ▀███████████████████      ▀████████████▀
██████▄    ▀█████████████████      ▄████████████▄
███████▄     ▀███████████████    ▄████████████████▄
 ████████▄            ███████  ▄█████████▀ ▀████████▄
  ███████████████████████████▄█████████▀     ▀████████▄
   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀         ▀████████▄
     ▀▀████████████████████████████▀             ▀████████▄

███████                       ███████     
     █████████                     █████████    
   ▒█████████████████████████████████████████░  
 ▒█████   █████████████████████████████   █████░
 ██████░ ▒██████████████████████████████▓███████
████   ░█    █████  ░███████  ░███    █████    ██
███████   ██████████████████████████████▓████████
███████   █████████████████████████████   ███████
██████████████    ▓███████████░   ░██████████████
█████████████       █████████       █████████████
█████████████      ░█████████       █████████████
██████████████▓  ░███       ███   ███████████████
███████████░  ░▓█▓             ▓█▓   ▓███████████
██████████▒                           ▓██████████
█████████░                             ░█████████
███████                                   ███████
 █████                                     █████
  ▀▀▀                                       ▀▀▀
TWITTERTELEGRAMREDDIT
  JOIN OUR COMMUNITY! 
FACEBOOKINSTAGRAM
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 11:12:57 AM

Hi,

I have recently purchased some GEMZ via BITtrex and would like to send them to my mobile (Android) wallet so that they are secure.

I have downloaded the app and set it up. (along with making multiple copies of my passphrase) However, the only way I can see to receive coins on the wallet is via a QR code. Is there a way to convert that QR code to a standard wallet address that I can C&P to BITtrex so I can sent those coins to my mobile wallet.

I have iOS but i can remember that it does have a standard wallet address aswell, i think you can copy your address by going to wallet, qr code, receive, then tap to copy. It copies the address.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 11:23:38 AM

Hi,

What do you guys think?

Messenger apps take time and also some decent media coverage to build up a support base. Even the big messenger apps seem to of taken a year or so before they blew up in numbers...it takes time. I'm surprised Bitcoin enthusiasts dismiss the app but maybe so. I noticed recently that NXTTY messenger which I honestly don't think is any good and has none of the motivations that Gems has to join has pushed over 5,000 downloads. My point is the first stage might seem like a slog to get to the first stage of having maybe 10,000-50,000 downloads but things can pick up pace after you get to that stage I think.

Forget Bitcoiners who tend to be dismissive of 'alt coins' and once the airdrop is operational focus on newbies with the simple idea that this messenger app pays you to use it and you can make quite a bit of money, i.e. a couple of hundred dollars (which isn't an exaggeration at this stage I believe). Tell them like its an insider secret from a buddy that released the app to get coins now while there isn't too many users to share the airdrop.  Tongue

I don't actually use messenger apps but I wish someone who does would make one of the those top 10 Messenger app videos or top 10 apps period on Youtube.

One thing I wonder about is if newbie users have an easy way to check how the price of Gems/Bitcoin is developing chart wise over time. Maybe it would clutter the app but for most of us I'm sure we spend a lot of time looking at alt coin charts, just knowing the price of something isn't enough, we want to see the chart. maybe this could be linked off the app, even in settings maybe.

This should definitely be done, or most innovative messenger(s) of 2015, preferably by a popular youtube channel, but first it needs to be be clean from some bugs which will only screw up app ratings and download counts if people install it while the app has bugs upon installing, referrals and making transactions. This app is setting a new benchmark in the whole industry of such apps and the first to do this in such way, so it's normal that bugs will be on the shoulder of who is doing this the first time. When the app is clean from important bugs than downloads can rise faster aswell.
TheGift73

Activity: 525
Merit: 501

GameX (GX) | NextGEN Gaming Cryptocurrency

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 03:28:40 PM

Hi,

I have downloaded the app and set it up. (along with making multiple copies of my passphrase) However, the only way I can see to receive coins on the wallet is via a QR code. Is there a way to convert that QR code to a standard wallet address that I can C&P to BITtrex so I can sent those coins to my mobile wallet.

I have iOS but i can remember that it does have a standard wallet address aswell, i think you can copy your address by going to wallet, qr code, receive, then tap to copy. It copies the address.

Cheers. Sent a test of 1K coins to the mobile wallet and they have arrived. Took a while, but will now send the rest.

Thanks again.

██

███
                                         ████
                                         ████

▄▄▄▄█████████████████████▄                  ▄████████▀
    ▄█████████████████████████████▄              ▄████████▀
  ▄██████████████████████▀ ▀████████▄          ▄████████▀
 ██████████████████████▀     ▀████████▄      ▄████████▀
████████                       ▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
███████ █████████████████████    ▀████████████████▀
██████   ▀███████████████████      ▀████████████▀
██████▄    ▀█████████████████      ▄████████████▄
███████▄     ▀███████████████    ▄████████████████▄
 ████████▄            ███████  ▄█████████▀ ▀████████▄
  ███████████████████████████▄█████████▀     ▀████████▄
   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀         ▀████████▄
     ▀▀████████████████████████████▀             ▀████████▄

███████                       ███████     
     █████████                     █████████    
   ▒█████████████████████████████████████████░  
 ▒█████   █████████████████████████████   █████░
 ██████░ ▒██████████████████████████████▓███████
████   ░█    █████  ░███████  ░███    █████    ██
███████   ██████████████████████████████▓████████
███████   █████████████████████████████   ███████
██████████████    ▓███████████░   ░██████████████
█████████████       █████████       █████████████
█████████████      ░█████████       █████████████
██████████████▓  ░███       ███   ███████████████
███████████░  ░▓█▓             ▓█▓   ▓███████████
██████████▒                           ▓██████████
█████████░                             ░█████████
███████                                   ███████
 █████                                     █████
  ▀▀▀                                       ▀▀▀
TWITTERTELEGRAMREDDIT
  JOIN OUR COMMUNITY! 
FACEBOOKINSTAGRAM
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:16:27 PM

I just installed the app on android lollipop 5.0.1 and I can't seem to send messages, i have no keyboard when i try to send a message.

Edit: I  have been to send a message to  peled1986 but I have no idea how to do it because of above problem
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:26:42 PM

I just installed the app on android lollipop 5.0.1 and I can't seem to send messages, i have no keyboard when i try to send a message.

Edit: I  have been to send a message to  peled1986 but I have no idea how to do it because of above problem

Sent you a PM
mrvegad

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:35:45 PM

Sent you a PM
replied
mrvegad

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:44:30 PM

Just some quick questions:

I have a keyboard in New Group and New Broadcast List but no keyboard in New Secret Chat and Invite Friends. Is this right?

How do I send a message to someone? Like send a message to peled1986? Can someone post some steps?

Thank you

Edit: my GetGems id is VicVegas
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 05:41:37 PM

I have a keyboard in New Group and New Broadcast List but no keyboard in New Secret Chat and Invite Friends. Is this right?

How do I send a message to someone? Like send a message to peled1986? Can someone post some steps?

Thank you

For secret chat the other person must be online or else you don't see the chat box and it will say "waiting for other person to get online", then you will see the chatterbox if the other person is online, with invite friends there is no keyboard you just select the names you want to invite.

You send messages by just tapping on a username and you can message there.

I tried to search for your id but can't find it, is that the username you signed up with?
mrvegad

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:20:51 PM

Thank you

For secret chat the other person must be online or else you don't see the chat box and it will say "waiting for other person to get online", then you will see the chatterbox if the other person is online, with invite friends there is no keyboard you just select the names you want to invite.

You send messages by just tapping on a username and you can message there.

I tried to search for your id but can't find it, is that the username you signed up with?
yep, Daniel was able to find me, what's your username? I will try to find you.
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: