Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 12:04:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597136 times)
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 01:51:54 PM

Hi,

I have recently purchased some GEMZ via BITtrex and would like to send them to my mobile (Android) wallet so that they are secure.

I have downloaded the app and set it up. (along with making multiple copies of my passphrase) However, the only way I can see to receive coins on the wallet is via a QR code. Is there a way to convert that QR code to a standard wallet address that I can C&P to BITtrex so I can sent those coins to my mobile wallet.

I have iOS but i can remember that it does have a standard wallet address aswell, i think you can copy your address by going to wallet, qr code, receive, then tap to copy. It copies the address.

Cheers. Sent a test of 1K coins to the mobile wallet and they have arrived. Took a while, but will now send the rest.

Thanks again.

Gems are actually more secure if you keep them on chain.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 01:55:07 PM

My phone auto d/l's updates. When I rean gems it went through the setup again. I think it gave me a new wallet. I haven't written down the seed yet, but I did look different when I checked it after the update.

I had nothing in the wallet, so nbd, but this could be a problem if updates are going to spawn new wallets.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 02:09:49 PM

Just a quick question ,  when I check my balance using receive address for gems through blockscan,it doesn't show any balance why is that ?

Probably because the Gems wallet is off chain. When you send Gems to another Gems user, this doesn't happen on the block chain.

When someone sends Gems to you I expect they sweep the Gems into centrally managed wallets with both hot and cold storage.

PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 02:11:45 PM

So, can someone tell me, if I send a message to someone knowing only their user name, do they only know my user name, or do they also get my phone number and real name? Is there a way to edit my user name?

Also, what is the difference between Secret Chat and just sending a message?

Does the bitcoin wallet generate a new address every time I receive some? Is there a way to manually generate a new address?

Finally, is there any documentation for the app? both How to Use and How it Works type info?

PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 02:17:41 PM

How do you recover a wallet? I don't see a place to enter the seed? For example, I reset my phone and want to enter my saved seed.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 02:37:15 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2015, 03:36:41 PM by Netnox

Hi,

I have recently purchased some GEMZ via BITtrex and would like to send them to my mobile (Android) wallet so that they are secure.

I have downloaded the app and set it up. (along with making multiple copies of my passphrase) However, the only way I can see to receive coins on the wallet is via a QR code. Is there a way to convert that QR code to a standard wallet address that I can C&P to BITtrex so I can sent those coins to my mobile wallet.

I have iOS but i can remember that it does have a standard wallet address aswell, i think you can copy your address by going to wallet, qr code, receive, then tap to copy. It copies the address.

Cheers. Sent a test of 1K coins to the mobile wallet and they have arrived. Took a while, but will now send the rest.

Thanks again.

Having Gems in the app is pretty save, but it's not a like a safe deposit box to store your wealth in, it serves just like a regular wallet. I think the only way for your Gems to be stolen is if someone gets your phone and knows your pin code.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 02:40:32 PM

My phone auto d/l's updates. When I rean gems it went through the setup again. I think it gave me a new wallet. I haven't written down the seed yet, but I did look different when I checked it after the update.

I had nothing in the wallet, so nbd, but this could be a problem if updates are going to spawn new wallets.

I had Gems in the app and updated to the new iOS version and my Gems where still there.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 02:55:16 PM

So, can someone tell me, if I send a message to someone knowing only their user name, do they only know my user name, or do they also get my phone number and real name? Is there a way to edit my user name?

No they will only know your username, although it gives you the option to share contact info.

Does the bitcoin wallet generate a new address every time I receive some? Is there a way to manually generate a new address?

Not sure about this, maybe someone else knows?

Finally, is there any documentation for the app? both How to Use and How it Works type info?

There is no FAQ yet, which should be available on the website, i guess when the app is ready and some bugs fixed it should be done.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 03:06:39 PM

How do you recover a wallet? I don't see a place to enter the seed? For example, I reset my phone and want to enter my saved seed.

I guess you need to download GetGems again and it will ask you if you are a new user or existing user, then it will ask your 12 word passphrase which will restore your wallet. You can also access your Gems through https://counterwallet.io only if your Gems are on-chain.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 03:29:11 PM

Hi,

Thanks again.

Having Gems in the app is pretty save, but it's not a like a safe deposit box to store your wealth in, it serves just like a regular wallet. I think the only way for your Gems to be stolen is if someone gets your phone and knows your pin code. Even if your phone gets stolen you can access your Gems through Counterwallet with the 12 word passphrase.

Storing Gems in your wallet is about as safe as storing them on an Exchange... since that is basically the infrastructure that GetGems is using. They have a database that keeps track of how many of the Gems that they hold with their private keys belong to you.

Storing them in your Counter Wallet where you have the keys, is more secure, since the attack surface is different.

Think of storing Gems in your GetGems wallet like the Coinbase or Circle wallet... they control the keys and the coins are as secure as that single parties security.

The MOST safe place to store Gems is a paper wallet.

I personally would treat the GetGems wallet the same way you treat your physical wallet. You keep a bit of money in it for day to day transactions, but the bulk of your money/savings is somewhere much more secure.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 03:31:16 PM

No they will only know your username, although it gives you the option to share contact info.

There is no FAQ yet, which should be available on the website, i guess when the app is ready and some bugs fixed it should be done.

Cool thanks. Would love to get a message from someone and maybe play send some gems back and forth.

My username is Pilot if anyone is interested.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 03:32:42 PM

So normal messaging is not encrypted and IS stored on your servers?
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 03:43:23 PM

Hi,

Thanks again.

Having Gems in the app is pretty save, but it's not a like a safe deposit box to store your wealth in, it serves just like a regular wallet. I think the only way for your Gems to be stolen is if someone gets your phone and knows your pin code. Even if your phone gets stolen you can access your Gems through Counterwallet with the 12 word passphrase.

Storing Gems in your wallet is about as safe as storing them on an Exchange... since that is basically the infrastructure that GetGems is using. They have a database that keeps track of how many of the Gems that they hold with their private keys belong to you.

Storing them in your Counter Wallet where you have the keys, is more secure, since the attack surface is different.

Think of storing Gems in your GetGems wallet like the Coinbase or Circle wallet... they control the keys and the coins are as secure as that single parties security.

The MOST safe place to store Gems is a paper wallet.

I personally would treat the GetGems wallet the same way you treat your physical wallet. You keep a bit of money in it for day to day transactions, but the bulk of your money/savings is somewhere much more secure.

I see, thanks for clearing that.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 05:11:08 PM

So normal messaging is not encrypted and IS stored on your servers?

Not the most technical here but i know that normal chat (private and group) is server-client encryption and secret chat is an additional layer of client-client encryption.

Server-client encryption https://core.telegram.org/mtproto

Client-client encryption https://core.telegram.org/api/end-to-end
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 05:11:57 PM

Cool thanks. Would love to get a message from someone and maybe play send some gems back and forth.

I already sent you a message.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 05:27:45 PM

Hi!

I am very pleased with the app and i think you guys have done a really nice job! So big up to you guys!

I have three questions.

1. What is the recomended place for me to hold my gems. I now have them on koinify where i bought them from, is that a more or less safe place than any other?

2. To make all my gems count when there is an airdrop, where should i hold them?

3. What kind of encryption is there in the sercret chat? I am "not so much tech guy" and my friends and I are very curious about what anonymity Getgems can offer, so i would love to be able to explain that correctly.

Apologize for spelling, English is not my first language Smiley

1. for now i have my Gems also at Koinify, i think best place is store them in paper wallet if you really want to be safe, but Counterwallet is a decent once i like.

Currently, the natural place to hold your GEMZ is in the wallet created when you initially create your account. The system will examine the contents of this wallet for airdrop calculations.

We are aware though that users with large amounts of GEMZ will probably not want to hold all of their GEMZ in this wallet for security purposes. In order to accommodate these users, we plan to add a feature that allows connecting other wallet addresses to your username in order to influence airdrop calculations. Each existing address would be able to be connected to a single GetGems username, so only a single account will be able to receive credit for the contents of this wallet. These wallet addresses will not be used when sending/receiving GEMZ, only for airdrop calculations. We are also thinking of other possible methods to achieve this in the most efficient and user friendly way.

3. Secret chat uses end to end encryption, leaves no trace on their servers, has a self-destruct timer, does not allow forwarding.
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 06:15:25 PM

I can only find pilotdave, is that you?
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 06:54:20 PM

I can only find pilotdave, is that you?

No it's pilot, i could find him. you will see @pilot
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 06:57:16 PM

Hi!

I am very pleased with the app and i think you guys have done a really nice job! So big up to you guys!

I have three questions.

1. What is the recomended place for me to hold my gems. I now have them on koinify where i bought them from, is that a more or less safe place than any other?

2. To make all my gems count when there is an airdrop, where should i hold them?

3. What kind of encryption is there in the sercret chat? I am "not so much tech guy" and my friends and I are very curious about what anonymity Getgems can offer, so i would love to be able to explain that correctly.

1. for now i have my Gems also at Koinify, i think best place is store them in paper wallet if you really want to be safe, but Counterwallet is a decent once i like.

Currently, the natural place to hold your GEMZ is in the wallet created when you initially create your account. The system will examine the contents of this wallet for airdrop calculations.

We are aware though that users with large amounts of GEMZ will probably not want to hold all of their GEMZ in this wallet for security purposes. In order to accommodate these users, we plan to add a feature that allows connecting other wallet addresses to your username in order to influence airdrop calculations. Each existing address would be able to be connected to a single GetGems username, so only a single account will be able to receive credit for the contents of this wallet. These wallet addresses will not be used when sending/receiving GEMZ, only for airdrop calculations. We are also thinking of other possible methods to achieve this in the most efficient and user friendly way.

3. Secret chat uses end to end encryption, leaves no trace on their servers, has a self-destruct timer, does not allow forwarding.

Thanks man! Appreciated! Will google end to end encrytion then Smiley
Do you now how long before self-destruct?

You can choose between 1 to 30 seconds, 1 minute, 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 07:41:25 PM

Hi!

I have three questions.

Thanks man! Appreciated! Will google end to end encrytion then Smiley
Do you now how long before self-destruct?

You can choose between 1 to 30 seconds, 1 minute, 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week.

Great! The airdrop has not started yet right? Nothing has been said about when the launch it?

The airdrop regarding referral system is already live, in other words you get rewarded when inviting people.

The airdrop regarding counting active users (such as sending an instant message, trading Gems, and so on) and the contribution score (the total number of new, active users that the user invited during the time period and the total number of Gems that the user currently holds in his account) has not been implemented yet. For this they have the mechanism working but they first want to make sure the referral bugs are fixed and everything is polished.
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: