Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:34:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 [1843] 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2435 blocks  (Read 5350123 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
shadowelite

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:08:42 PM

I would b interested if someone like kano would do it
No offence but need someone people can trust with my 2k

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 08:27:59 PM

Kano, on the pool site, is the number of users actual accounts, or is it per miner connection? I'd like to include the number in my
 promoting I'm doing for the pool, and I don't wanna stray from facts. Also, I've noticed this number climbing too. Thanks!

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
WBF1

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:42:58 PM

Is anyone running with the new 821's yet? Any issues? They seem a little pricey but thinking about growing a little.

They work flawlessly.  Just getting used to them being combined as one miner, since I'm not buying another Raspberry Pi just for this.  But really stable and run about 11.5 T/H or so.   

Mine has been rock solid.
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:18:44 PM

anyone use awesome miner?

any feedback on it?
yep i love it and support is good
I second that. I've been using it for awhile now and am very happy with it. Excellent tool for managing your miners as long as you aren't running ebit e9 miners, but works great with both avalon and bitmain miners.
Yeah anyone who hasn't included my API in their miner, wont work with the tools that all support it.
No idea why they'd think not to do it the same Tongue

could u explain more about this api we should have in our miner ? i jst put all the kano pools in the miners so it can always point to kano and let it go am i missing something ?
The API in bmminer and cgminer and a few other ones, was designed by me long ago.

It's a simple API that imposes very little overhead on the miner due to the design, since the miner's job is to ensure it does as much work as possible and gets the work results to the pool as quickly as possible.

It's nothing to do with the pool.
It's in every miner from Bitmain and Canaan.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
minergain.com

Activity: 285
Merit: 10

Free mining equipment tracking and reporting

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 10:25:03 PM

The API in bmminer and cgminer and a few other ones, was designed by me long ago.

It's a simple API that imposes very little overhead on the miner due to the design, since the miner's job is to ensure it does as much work as possible and gets the work results to the pool as quickly as possible.

Argh...  And I wrote a complex php script using curl to "log in" to my S9 / D3 miners to monitor and reboot them.  An api would have been much easier!  Are there reference docs that are easy to find on the web?  Bitmain's site does not have a lot of help documents that I could find.

www.minergain.com - Free miner equipment tracking and reporting
Mike is a tiny miner: 8 S9, 1 D3, 6 RX470
I mine at Kano Pool, for better BTC Profits!
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:40:34 PM

Argh...  And I wrote a complex php script using curl to "log in" to my S9 / D3 miners to monitor and reboot them.  An api would have been much easier!  Are there reference docs that are easy to find on the web?  Bitmain's site does not have a lot of help documents that I could find.
https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer/blob/master/API-README

The basic API is the same in all miners, however, Bitmain broke it by removing certain value names and replacing them with different names, and changing the format of one of the fields to a completely different format - and they even did that twice to that field, to break their own format Tongue
My S1, S2 and S3 releases corrected those problems.
Yeah their coders are morons.
If you code to both the Canaan and Bitmain miners you'll need to notice the differences in field names and the Last Share field formats.
Canaan of course matches my document.
You'll see the different values they return when you access the API in bmminer.

I've always made it backwards compatible, since that's a rather obvious thing to do with any software, but even -ck didn't understand that and broke the backward compatibility once.
... experience vs hackers.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
rifleman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:47:34 PM

Now that my miners are all back online, it's time to crack this block!

MINE ON WITH KANO-SAN!
gaud

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:36:57 PM

anyone use awesome miner?

any feedback on it?
yep i love it and support is good
I second that. I've been using it for awhile now and am very happy with it. Excellent tool for managing your miners as long as you aren't running ebit e9 miners, but works great with both avalon and bitmain miners.
Yeah anyone who hasn't included my API in their miner, wont work with the tools that all support it.
No idea why they'd think not to do it the same Tongue

could u explain more about this api we should have in our miner ? i jst put all the kano pools in the miners so it can always point to kano and let it go am i missing something ?

yes my awesome miner has s9 api jst thought u were talking about pool or something
BSGMiner

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

1xA921 + 1xA741 + Backup-->1xA6 ;)

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:21:21 AM

yay just bought an avalon 741
should come in next few days that's another 7.4 th so just under 10th of part time mining till i can afford an s9 lol
Congrats! That's a nice step up. Looking forward to one myself some day.

The BTCest mining pool (<1% fee): KanoPool
***PPLNS rewards averaged over the 5Nd to reduce variance***
BSGMiner

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

1xA921 + 1xA741 + Backup-->1xA6 ;)

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:20:43 AM

Alright, so I looked through some of the recent conversations concerning consolidating payouts since I'm getting to the place now where I'm thinking of doing this, but I want a good secure strategy that fits well with my situation--preferably avoiding coinbase too.

I mine everything to a single, offline, paper wallet that's never had its private key exposed to anyone but myself. Yes, I went through the trouble of saving the JavaScript Bitcoin address generator code off to a CD, plugged it into an air-gapped PC, printed it out--even cleared the printer cache afterward...

Anyway, how exactly does everyone who's in a similar situation here transfer (sweep or import?) their mining payouts from cold storage to warm/hot wallets where they can spend the Bitcoins they've earned?

I have looked back through some conversations here and there; however, I'd like to know how you guys recommend doing this in a secure, repeatable manner. Thanks in advance.

The BTCest mining pool (<1% fee): KanoPool
***PPLNS rewards averaged over the 5Nd to reduce variance***
wavelengthsf

Merit: 118

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:31:12 AM

Alright, so I looked through some of the recent conversations concerning consolidating payouts since I'm getting to the place now where I'm thinking of doing this, but I want a good secure strategy that fits well with my situation--preferably avoiding coinbase too.

I mine everything to a single, offline, paper wallet that's never had its private key exposed to anyone but myself. Yes, I went through the trouble of saving the JavaScript Bitcoin address generator code off to a CD, plugged it into an air-gapped PC, printed it out--even cleared the printer cache afterward...

Anyway, how exactly does everyone who's in a similar situation here transfer (sweep or import?) their mining payouts from cold storage to warm/hot wallets where they can spend the Bitcoins they've earned?

I have looked back through some conversations here and there; however, I'd like to know how you guys recommend doing this in a secure, repeatable manner. Thanks in advance.

I used to go the same route you go, but I've switched to using a hardware wallet. Makes these things much easier. I highly recommend one.
A.Delaney

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:49:55 AM

I have a trezor. You can have multiple wallets inside the trezor. Each pool I belonged to has it’s own payout address and it’s own wallet inside my trezor. This keeps my transaction numbers to minimums and let’s me view my payouts from each pool independently. Even though the pool shows the payout anyway. I still like looking at. Then I can still store my coins offline and have quick access if I need to send some.
clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:52:08 AM

I used to go the same route you go, but I've switched to using a hardware wallet. Makes these things much easier. I highly recommend one.

Same here, I use a non-USA based wallet to collect my payouts and consolidate to my hardware wallet around once a month.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:00:47 AM

Kano have asic boost?  Huh
Nope. Neither do you Smiley
Only Bitmain has AsicBoost in their new miner they've been running in their mines since the beginning of the year.
Sorry, I know this continues being kind of offtopic, but
what do you think about Halong Mining saying that the DragonMint T1 also has the AsicBoost in the miner?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2443327.msg31761228#msg31761228

If you believe Halong actually having a miner in the first place... Wink
Yeah, until they actually produce one and people have them mining ... who knows Smiley

Apparently the code for overt Asicboost is already live in slushpool and ckpool and prototype dragonmints have been Mining at both pools. There is a lot of interest in this new miner, and if it's going to only perform at spec on pools with overt Asicboost support then it would be worth looking into Including the code (once checked and approved) in kanopool I would have thought. Although I already suspect kano has seen the code by now and has already considered all this as it's already in Ckpool git https://bitbucket.org/ckolivas/ckpool

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
nazzer

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:31:29 AM

Only Bitmain has AsicBoost in their new miner they've been running in their mines since the beginning of the year.
what do you think about Halong Mining saying that the DragonMint T1 also has the AsicBoost in the miner?

Yeah, until they actually produce one and people have them mining ... who knows Smiley

Apparently the code for overt Asicboost is already live in slushpool and ckpool and prototype dragonmints have been Mining at both pools. There is a lot of interest in this new miner, and if it's going to only perform at spec on pools with overt Asicboost support then it would be worth looking into Including the code (once checked and approved) in kanopool I would have thought. Although I already suspect kano has seen the code by now and has already considered all this as it's already in Ckpool git https://bitbucket.org/ckolivas/ckpool

I just went over to the thread in mining speculation ... ck says it's real and is testing on ckpool (maybe no more disappearing block rewards, eh?)

Guessing that Bitmain will also start enabling ASICboost on miners they sell ( hello S9+? )

I wonder if in reality all the chinese pools had already enabled this anyway, seeing as difficulty has more than doubled since December ... maybe Kano would be able to enable ASICboost and create an open miner that works on Avalon and Bitmain devices ?

Meanwhile... probablities suggest we ought to get the next block before the weekend Smiley

MINE ON!

Vega 56 | Vega 64 | RX580 | GTX1070 | 1050Ti | S9 | L3+
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:20:16 AM

I just went over to the thread in mining speculation ... ck says it's real and is testing on ckpool (maybe no more disappearing block rewards, eh?)

Guessing that Bitmain will also start enabling ASICboost on miners they sell ( hello S9+? )

I wonder if in reality all the chinese pools had already enabled this anyway, seeing as difficulty has more than doubled since December ... maybe Kano would be able to enable ASICboost and create an open miner that works on Avalon and Bitmain devices ?

Meanwhile... probablities suggest we ought to get the next block before the weekend Smiley

MINE ON!

It requires hardware support, so you can't add it to miners that dont support it in hardware. Also there is a difference between Overt (Dragon) and Covert (bitmain) versions of Asicboost so unless bitmain add overt to their miners it won't help them.

Thing that I'd like some clarity on, ASICboost was only suppost to improve the efficiency of a miner, not its hashing speed, so it did the same but used less power. Overall of course this would lead to either being able to push the miner faster for the same power usage (if the hardware could handle it) or running more individual miners but using the same power. (e.g. if it gave a 25% reduction in power, you could run 5 miners for the power you used to run 4 miners)

Is this new version of overt ASICboost different? There are hints that the Dragonmint miners will only run at 1/4 speed on non-asicboost pools. That sort of doesn't line up with how we all thought ASICboost worked.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Waztim

Activity: 210
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:55:45 PM

Is anyone running with the new 821's yet? Any issues? They seem a little pricey but thinking about growing a little.

They work flawlessly.  Just getting used to them being combined as one miner, since I'm not buying another Raspberry Pi just for this.  But really stable and run about 11.5 T/H or so.   

Thanks, I am in USA, minimum Qty to buy is 10. 30K plus for 115TH seems a little stiff. I wouldn't mind getting in on a combination buy with others though. Mine On with Kano-San.
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:01:07 PM

Sorry all, I've deleted all the posts about someone getting people to fund buying miners.
Firstly, I've no idea who the person is, and secondly it's a brand new account asking for people to send them money.
Both of those mean the discussion will be not be held here.

wavelengthsf

Merit: 118

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:02:15 PM

[

It requires hardware support, so you can't add it to miners that dont support it in hardware. Also there is a difference between Overt (Dragon) and Covert (bitmain) versions of Asicboost so unless bitmain add overt to their miners it won't help them.

Thing that I'd like some clarity on, ASICboost was only suppost to improve the efficiency of a miner, not its hashing speed, so it did the same but used less power. Overall of course this would lead to either being able to push the miner faster for the same power usage (if the hardware could handle it) or running more individual miners but using the same power. (e.g. if it gave a 25% reduction in power, you could run 5 miners for the power you used to run 4 miners)

Is this new version of overt ASICboost different? There are hints that the Dragonmint miners will only run at 1/4 speed on non-asicboost pools. That sort of doesn't line up with how we all thought ASICboost worked.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1604.00575.pdf is the whitepaper for this new boost.

Sections 3.4.1-3.4.2 talks about how it is different than the Bitmain version. What Bitmain did was prune the merkle tree of transactions to find a collision. This way doesn't state what it does, only that a different way is to "is to calculate many merkle roots at random and filter them based on their last 4 bytes until sufficiently many are found that collide in their last 4 bytes." and also "Another, more efficient way to produce colliding block headers is by using bits inside Chunk 1 but outside the merkle root that are free for the miner to choose. This does not require finding any merkle root collisions. Instead, one merkle root is chosen and fixed. The free bits are then updated in a loop and the respective Mid states are computed from Chunk 1. Each Mid state obtained in this way gives a new colliding work item, so that this method is extremely efficient."
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:06:24 PM

If that's what Dragonmint said, then they've screwed up the design of the miner, or it's vapourware.

AsicBoost is simply being able to hash an extra hash with some of the work of another hash.
It's not a 4 times advantage, more like 10-20% gain.

Pages: « 1 ... 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 [1843] 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: