Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:30:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 [945] 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2437 blocks  (Read 5350827 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4522
Merit: 1844

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 05:33:56 AM

Has anyone ever used genesis mining?
Could you PM me your account and when you did?
I want to be able to track (and probably block) their access to the pool, since they are the ones who caused the withholding on slush.
(no it won't affect your payouts)
Just an update on this.
It turns out (that at least I obviously didn't know) that when you mine there, you have no control over the mining.
Thus I'll need to snoop around the stats to see if I can find if and where they connect from.
Thanks for the info each person provided to help me work that out.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
vg54dett

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 08:34:55 AM

So, the next day that Kano.is pool finds 6 blocks (and 2 of them are found with S9s), does that mean that the "nefarious" miners failed to do their job? Undecided

Or their miners are off the pool...

I don't care what people quote in regards to 'luck' and statistics. It's simple to notice when you have normal to good luck for very long time, then when large PH accounts via rentals arrive, the luck goes to hell. They go away and we're back to normal to good luck again. It's been repeated numerous times since we've been over 25PH.
Heck we had IMO better and more stable expected daily blocks at that level than since it's been over. In a way I'd rather we've be back at that hash rate.

I'm still riding this bad luck as we're at 4-5blocks behind since the last 2 high-block days from the 16th, but not sure how long I can stay optimistic.

Yes and if you were block withholding you wouldnt do it straight to the pool. You would hide it from them by going thru nicehash.. And also you would not exp the bad luck as nicehash pays per share.. OUCH

maybe a temp ban of all rentals.. I mean they can use other sites to rent against. Most that rent here are only gambling by trying their luck at making back more then spent on rental. SOO to eliminate that possiblity just get rid of it.. then the block WH would have to point straight to pool .> Which would then be obvious  as kano should be keeping close eye on accounts about right now

Best regards
d57heinz

EDIT  i would be real curious if ck has any stats on his pool.. esp the bdr or luck of his pool   That pool is mostly rentals thrown at it.. be an interesting stat im sure  Wink

I agree with it.
That's something regularly discussed since months now.. Maybe it is really time to ban them , as we don't need them. Precautionary principle should always prevail and prevent.
Xircom
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 09:01:48 AM

I want to be able to track (and probably block) their access to the pool, since they are the ones who caused the withholding on slush.
Just an update on this.
It turns out (that at least I obviously didn't know) that when you mine there, you have no control over the mining.
Thus I'll need to snoop around the stats to see if I can find if and where they connect from.

Kano, they are Operating from Iceland. I will try to figurer out my outside IP number so you can take me of the list of Iceland adresses.

BTC: 1MyJmxS9ER5ZBNvpG3LhoUXGotpzbPowed
tbonetony

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

No zuo no die why you try, u zuo u die dont be shy

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 09:03:15 AM

So, the next day that Kano.is pool finds 6 blocks (and 2 of them are found with S9s), does that mean that the "nefarious" miners failed to do their job? Undecided

I don't care what people quote in regards to 'luck' and statistics. It's simple to notice when you have normal to good luck for very long time, then when large PH accounts via rentals arrive, the luck goes to hell. They go away and we're back to normal to good luck again. It's been repeated numerous times since we've been over 25PH.
Heck we had IMO better and more stable expected daily blocks at that level than since it's been over. In a way I'd rather we've be back at that hash rate.

I'm still riding this bad luck as we're at 4-5blocks behind since the last 2 high-block days from the 16th, but not sure how long I can stay optimistic.

Yes and if you were block withholding you wouldnt do it straight to the pool. You would hide it from them by going thru nicehash.. And also you would not exp the bad luck as nicehash pays per share.. OUCH

maybe a temp ban of all rentals.. I mean they can use other sites to rent against. Most that rent here are only gambling by trying their luck at making back more then spent on rental. SOO to eliminate that possiblity just get rid of it.. then the block WH would have to point straight to pool .> Which would then be obvious  as kano should be keeping close eye on accounts about right now

Best regards
d57heinz

EDIT  i would be real curious if ck has any stats on his pool.. esp the bdr or luck of his pool   That pool is mostly rentals thrown at it.. be an interesting stat im sure  Wink

I agree with it.
That's something regularly discussed since months now.. Maybe it is really time to ban them , as we don't need them. Precautionary principle should always prevail and prevent.

I am afraid I cannot simply agree with this approach.

If a rental pool is found evident having WH issue then it makes sense to ban them.

Otherwise, this cut-off will hurt the growth of kano pool. As a personal miner, sure, profitability is crucial and that's what most of us are after to anyway. However, if pool doesn't grow over time, the variance to daily cash flow will be even more volatile; and very importantly, it reduces the pool's fee income. Do you still think you can enjoy such a great pool if Kano stops development because he is out of income?

lastly, renters are not necessarily gamblers, and even gamblers have the rights to participate in bitcoin mining. In my view they are all miners just like us. What's wrong with that they change their minds in the middle of the they and decide to switch in or out of kano pool? Nothing. If they stay shorter, their earnings are less should a block pop.

Customizable full-featured crypto trading platform in development. Asking for demo if interested.

I offer private S9 rental for various length: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1708351.0
Xircom
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 09:03:59 AM

Best regards
d57heinz

I agree with it.

I do also agree to ban rental for some time..

Xircom
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 09:06:55 AM

Best regards
d57heinz

I agree with it.

I am afraid I cannot simply agree with this approach.

If a rental pool is found evident having WH issue then it makes sense to ban them.

Otherwise, this cut-off will hurt the growth of kano pool. As a personal miner, sure, profitability is crucial and that's what most of us are after to anyway. However, if pool doesn't grow over time, the variance to daily cash flow will be even more volatile; and very importantly, it reduces the pool's fee income. Do you still think you can enjoy such a great pool if Kano stops development because he is out of income?

lastly, renters are not necessarily gamblers, and even gamblers have the rights to participate in bitcoin mining. In my view they are all miners just like us. What's wrong with that they change their minds in the middle of the they and decide to switch in or out of kano pool? Nothing. If they stay shorter, their earnings are less should a block pop.
We are not talking about a forever ban,  just until Kano finds heads and toes in this… Slush had serious problems for a very long time do to this..

thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 11:50:22 AM

What about people that use MRR for rentals? A lot of miners are run through there using it for miner pool management and if not rented out mining on this pool. Can't just ban that.

Go Big or Go Home.
bctmke

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 01:00:51 PM

Hey guys I know dust payment are not send automatic but I have been mining with 2 gekkostick for the last weeks and no payments yet.
When am I suppoce to get a payment? Any minimum btc ?

Thanks  Wink

With two gekkosticks you'll never receive a payment.

While dust is tracked it doesn't just "add up" until it hits some threshold and then gets paid out.

kano has noted many times that maybe somewhere in the distant future he'll code that ability in and when he does you'll get paid whatever you're owed.

NXS is on the move!   Come subscribe to our subreddit  https://www.reddit.com/r/nexusearth/
Come mine NXS at http://nxsminingpool.com
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 01:06:22 PM

Just doing an urgent restart of CKDB

No miners are affected at all.
Just the usual web site with lotsa '? for about 10 minutes - restart been running for 8 minutes

CKDB got out of sync but seemed to correct that - but the log was going for 30,000 messages about the resync until it was ok again.
So restarting CKDB means it reprocesses it all and should stay in sync - and give me plenty of time to read the log file and work out why had to resync Smiley

No data lost or anything like that - as I said it did resync by itself (and a restart would correct that anyway - even though not actually necessary)

Edit: CKDB restart complete.
... and anyone curious, was simply a case of properly handling processing records out of order and reporting that.
Seems I need to get the messages to report ranges of data, rather than one each time a 'transient' record is found.
There were 8 transient (missing but not yet presumed lost) messages showing a range of a bit over 32k records, but the found messages are one per record ... so yeah a bit too much console output Smiley
CKDB current processes about 2200 messages a second, and the out of sync time was 17s so that all adds up.

BLOCK Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Aplayer

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

Future Eternitizen

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 01:07:09 PM

Blocks!

PerfectLIFEonlyCOMESafterDEATH.AlwaysFollowtheSTRAIGHTpath. 1Hop3th3Be5T4UnPl3as3W15hM3LUCK                                        d==(MINE ON!)==b
clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 01:11:32 PM

Good job Chili with your 25.76THs!  Welcome to the Acclaim Board with your 1st Kano block!  Cheesy Cheesy

Let's get August started of right!  Grin
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 01:11:50 PM

Blocks!

Excellent..... keep calm. Keep mining.

although could have waited a few more minutes to get that last 2 blocks payout :-)

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
chillfactr

Activity: 637
Merit: 131

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 01:44:58 PM

Just doing an urgent restart of CKDB

No miners are affected at all.
Just the usual web site with lotsa '? for about 10 minutes - restart been running for 8 minutes

CKDB got out of sync but seemed to correct that - but the log was going for 30,000 messages about the resync until it was ok again.
So restarting CKDB means it reprocesses it all and should stay in sync - and give me plenty of time to read the log file and work out why had to resync Smiley

No data lost or anything like that - as I said it did resync by itself (and a restart would correct that anyway - even though not actually necessary)

Edit: CKDB restart complete.
... and anyone curious, was simply a case of properly handling processing records out of order and reporting that.
Seems I need to get the messages to report ranges of data, rather than one each time a 'transient' record is found.
There were 8 transient (missing but not yet presumed lost) messages showing a range of a bit over 32k records, but the found messages are one per record ... so yeah a bit too much console output Smiley
CKDB current processes about 2200 messages a second, and the out of sync time was 17s so that all adds up.

BLOCK Smiley

LOL Kano,  Think you can find Hillary's 30,000 lost emails?  Grin
Xircom
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 02:00:45 PM

Is it you Citronik cashing in since BTC went down a lot today. Massive farms needs to pay bills 😂

kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 02:36:30 PM

Just an update on this.

Kano, they are Operating from Iceland. I will try to figurer out my outside IP number so you can take me of the list of Iceland adresses.
I (of course) know what your IP is, but mentioning that they run from Iceland certainly helps me track them down. Thanks.

d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 02:36:54 PM

Honestly I don't have a strong feeling that nicehash or those pointing to them are doing this.  I think the big problem with rental is the fact that it doesn't stay steady on the pool.  Hell it could have found 5 blocks when your order ran out then when ya refill and send 1 ph back to pool you hit its bad luck cycle again.  I know this isn't that probable but is possible.  Could just be bad timing on the rentals.   That's why it's best to let your rig stay at one pool.  When it's running correctly it's should all even out.  Sorry to bring up bad thoughts I'm just always expecting the worse when it comes to this.  I guess chalk that up to my experience so far in crypto. I'm turning around tho:). was worth every penny of it so far.  Some things you just can't get out of college!

Mine on folks
Best Regards
d57heinz

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 02:40:09 PM

... That's why it's best to let your rig stay at one pool.  When it's running correctly it's should all even out...
Enough with the crazy talk!

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 02:49:42 PM

Block ... with payouts Smiley

Aplayer

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

Future Eternitizen

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 02:52:13 PM

Blocks!

Excellent..... keep calm. Keep mining.

although could have waited a few more minutes to get that last 2 blocks payout :-)

There you go  Cool
And it's green.

PerfectLIFEonlyCOMESafterDEATH.AlwaysFollowtheSTRAIGHTpath. 1Hop3th3Be5T4UnPl3as3W15hM3LUCK                                        d==(MINE ON!)==b
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 03:05:43 PM

Is it you Citronik cashing in since BTC went down a lot today. Massive farms needs to pay bills 😂

LOL.... yes, I sold my holdings in ______ and BTC market trembled  Cheesy

BTC going down this much.... must be a spring board action to something higher... of course I am only speculating and off topic.

Anyways, good to see nicely queued payments and blocks together in harmony.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
Pages: « 1 ... 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 [945] 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: