Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:27:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 [1780] 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2436 blocks  (Read 5350603 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
rifleman74

Activity: 658
Merit: 21

4 s9's 2 821's

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:22:00 AM

[Top Posting for effect]

What they are leaving out is how small the pool got in the last few months..  which really screws up balance.  One day of a big pool = 2 or 3 months here. That wasn't the case until recently...  So one bad day at a big pool means come back in 3 to 4 days to see if it evens out.. but here, you have to come back about 9 months from now just to see if the 'luck works out' for a similar dataset

If you don't think that means anything, then I guess you think every 38 spins of a roulette wheel will always pick all the numbers once.   That is the mentality here that 'luck evens out' even with a tiny pool.

yup....

Since I'm new to Kano, I wanted to find out what the average bitcoin payout has been over the last month or so. I'm trying out Kano based on all the reviews, however I'm used to somewhat instantaneous results with other pools showing their payout rates and paying out every few days. I understand the premise of Kano being smaller but with bigger rewards per miner, but I'm curious what the historical payout rate has been.

Sounds like your used to PPS, Pay Per Share, Pools.  This pool is PPLNS, that is a major difference so you'll need to study on that.

PPS has a flat rate regardless of luck.  PPLNS is luck based.  So if the pool has really good luck you can get paid allot more, the flip side, of course, if luck is bad then you can get paid less.  Over long periods of time you'll be allot better off here.  PPS pools have a habit of going broke due to bad luck and leaving people unpaid when that happens.  That won't happen here.

How's antpoo?
akadamson

Activity: 140
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:39:25 AM

I keep checking the website about every hour it seems. I’m so anxious to see if we found another block.

Get yourself one of the smart phone apps and the Zach Monroe CKPool Monitor.  Then you can get text and email notifications of found blocks and down miner notifications Cheesy

From Kano's first post on page 1 of this forum topic:

There's Apps to get pool info and monitor your miners.

Apple App:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1344360.0

Android App, read in the thread here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.msg11091187#msg11091187

For miner monitoring:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1331875.0

Send any donation/whatever to them for using them - since they wrote them.

Except that doesn't work on Android.  I've never got a block notification from it, or a hashrate notification.  Hasn't worked for a couple of updates ago

Did you ever try the CKPool Monitor by Zach Monroe?  It is web based and it does work to send you both email and texts for new blocks and down or under-performing miners.  You can configure it to let you know if any of your miners drops below a hash threshold of your choosing.

you know I had gone there, got an account and never did anything with it... Just finished that process so we'll see how that works Smiley... Thanks for the reminder, I do know the Android app is busted, but I had forgotten about the last link.
minergain.com

Activity: 285
Merit: 10

Free mining equipment tracking and reporting

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 12:45:43 AM

I keep checking the website about every hour it seems. I’m so anxious to see if we found another block.

Get yourself one of the smart phone apps and the Zach Monroe CKPool Monitor.  Then you can get text and email notifications of found blocks and down miner notifications Cheesy

From Kano's first post on page 1 of this forum topic:

There's Apps to get pool info and monitor your miners.

Apple App:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1344360.0

Android App, read in the thread here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.msg11091187#msg11091187

For miner monitoring:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1331875.0

Send any donation/whatever to them for using them - since they wrote them.

Except that doesn't work on Android.  I've never got a block notification from it, or a hashrate notification.  Hasn't worked for a couple of updates ago
I almost have the monitoring alerts setup (had to finish email queuing first which I just completed today) and do have the block alert setup already at minergain.com.  And it is free of course.

www.minergain.com - Free miner equipment tracking and reporting
Mike is a tiny miner: 8 S9, 1 D3, 6 RX470
I mine at Kano Pool, for better BTC Profits!
qrnode

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:46:38 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2018, 01:09:24 AM by qrnode

I use "Dr CKPool" version 4.8 on my android. It works well. Unfortunately I can't find a link to the app. I found it on a forum thread somewhere but can't find it again. Perhaps another user has a link to the download.

I found it in the play store. It's called CKPool stats by Ah Tong.

It alerts me of new blocks and low miner hash rate.
overcon

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

911 IT Admin. I keep 911 up so you get help ASAP!

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 01:03:41 AM

I think we found blocks (more often) faster at 24PH Smiley

Donate BTC to: 1PXBBTLqXQnT9qAyWsc51XGj2GUt4WW57x
perfectplus174

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:24:00 AM

[Top Posting for effect]

What they are leaving out is how small the pool got in the last few months..  which really screws up balance.  One day of a big pool = 2 or 3 months here. That wasn't the case until recently...  So one bad day at a big pool means come back in 3 to 4 days to see if it evens out.. but here, you have to come back about 9 months from now just to see if the 'luck works out' for a similar dataset

If you don't think that means anything, then I guess you think every 38 spins of a roulette wheel will always pick all the numbers once.   That is the mentality here that 'luck evens out' even with a tiny pool.

yup....

Since I'm new to Kano, I wanted to find out what the average bitcoin payout has been over the last month or so. I'm trying out Kano based on all the reviews, however I'm used to somewhat instantaneous results with other pools showing their payout rates and paying out every few days. I understand the premise of Kano being smaller but with bigger rewards per miner, but I'm curious what the historical payout rate has been.

Sounds like your used to PPS, Pay Per Share, Pools.  This pool is PPLNS, that is a major difference so you'll need to study on that.

PPS has a flat rate regardless of luck.  PPLNS is luck based.  So if the pool has really good luck you can get paid allot more, the flip side, of course, if luck is bad then you can get paid less.  Over long periods of time you'll be allot better off here.  PPS pools have a habit of going broke due to bad luck and leaving people unpaid when that happens.  That won't happen here.

Do you actually mine in KanoPool? You seem to spend enough time in here reading and talking down on it, I'm wondering what your intentions are by poking your head in to only deter people from mining here.

Nothing happens until something moves.

MINE ON WITH KANO........except DPoS2
akadamson

Activity: 140
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:25:59 AM

[Top Posting for effect]

yup....

Do you actually mine in KanoPool? You seem to spend enough time in here reading and talking down on it, I'm wondering what your intentions are by poking your head in to only deter people from mining here.

He seems to be rather confused based upon this signature as well... oh well, to each their own.
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4508
Merit: 1821

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:36:48 AM

... even out ...
yup....
Pool size has nothing to do with Luck.  It has to do with how many shares are submitted before a block is found.
Must be that time of the week for DPoS2 to post Smiley

One thing completely wrong about his post is that luck isn't expected to even out
It is expected to approach 100% from whatever side it is currently on.

Having a bad block doesn't make lots of good block come around to fix the bad block.

Case in point, we just had an ~600% blocks and we've already passed 111% on this one.

Large (enough) sample stats are all you can expect to give you a good idea of expected results.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Grog!

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:38:04 AM

[Top Posting for effect]

yup....

He seems to be rather confused based upon this signature as well... oh well, to each their own.

Let's hit him and crucify him!!!  He doesn't mine here and dare to tell some truth that seem to be not so nice for us... let's stop him!!!

me not mining! but ramping down!!  :-P

still in the club!
VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:56:10 AM

For all you new miners to kano, pay no attention to DufusPOS2. What he says is unimportant, and we do not hear him (via the ignore button).   Cheesy Besides, we all know what POS stands for, right?  Roll Eyes
For the rest of us, Mine on as always!  Cool

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
fjtropepe

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:10:38 AM

Here is what really interests me. Where are these people leaving to mine at? Obviously, they know so much about statistics and luck... Where are they going?
Grog!

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:20:16 AM

Here is what really interests me. Where are these people leaving to mine at? Obviously, they know so much about statistics and luck... Where are they going?

more important than where is why
fjtropepe

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:25:52 AM

I understand why. What I am attempting to find out is where. I understand why 100%.
rem26

Activity: 78

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:46:20 AM

... even out ...
yup....
Pool size has nothing to do with Luck.  It has to do with how many shares are submitted before a block is found.

One thing completely wrong about his post is that luck isn't expected to even out

Having a bad block doesn't make lots of good block come around to fix the bad block.

Case in point, we just had an ~600% blocks and we've already passed 111% on this one.

Large (enough) sample stats are all you can expect to give you a good idea of expected results.

Kano,

At some point, does the much larger network hash rate make the statistics not hold up?  I have my junky miners mining on a couple of lottery tickets, but realistically, they will never return anything.   It would seem that once a contributor gets too small, relative to the total network hash, then the frequency of the pool hitting a block is going to dwindle.
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4508
Merit: 1821

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:50:33 AM

... even out ...
yup....

Kano,

At some point, does the much larger network hash rate make the statistics not hold up?  I have my junky miners mining on a couple of lottery tickets, but realistically, they will never return anything.   It would seem that once a contributor gets too small, relative to the total network hash, then the frequency of the pool hitting a block is going to dwindle.
Size doesn't affect luck.
You can't get too small to find a block.

Size affects expected time to find a block and thus variance.

Once a pool gets below 'expected' finding multiple blocks every diff change, then difficulty has a direct effect on all your payouts and thus pool fees become irrelevant when diff changes are worse than the pool fee %

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
A.Delaney

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:16:42 AM

I understand why. What I am attempting to find out is where. I understand why 100%.

Looks like BTC.com. It’s pretty much the largest pool out there. You can literally sit there starring at your dashboard all day and watch your BTC payout go up every minute. That’s where I first started mining. I didn’t know anything about any other pools. I setup my miner and by the time I opened my dashboard to check my hashrate. I had already got paid some BTC. I was shocked. I think this is why people have a hard time with waiting between blocks. If they are coming from BTC or a similar pool that pays every couple mins then it makes you feel like that’s how it’s suppose to work. You go through these withdraws from not seeing your BTC payout go up once a minute. Patients is the key here because it pays off in the end. Now  I am more knowledgeable about how payouts work and what pools are more about helping BTC grow as a currency instead of greed. I have moved on and am here now. This is where I’ll be staying. I want to help BTC grow as much as I want to get paid.
BTfd2e93

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:45:03 AM

Looks like BTC.com. It’s pretty much the largest pool out there. You can literally sit there starring at your dashboard all day and watch your BTC payout go up every minute. That’s where I first started mining. I didn’t know anything about any other pools. I setup my miner and by the time I opened my dashboard to check my hashrate. I had already got paid some BTC. I was shocked. I think this is why people have a hard time with waiting between blocks. If they are coming from BTC or a similar pool that pays every couple mins then it makes you feel like that’s how it’s suppose to work. You go through these withdraws from not seeing your BTC payout go up once a minute. Patients is the key here because it pays off in the end. Now  I am more knowledgeable about how payouts work and what pools are more about helping BTC grow as a currency instead of greed. I have moved on and am here now. This is where I’ll be staying. I want to help BTC grow as much as I want to get paid.

indeed .... ive mined at Slush, Antpool, Bitcoin.com, viaBTC, nicehash .... and I do get a kick seeing the ticker go up consistently over time.  It was even satisfying when BTC was in the 15000+ range & prior to the difficulty jump.  (i only wish I had joined kano last year instead when kano was on a rampage)

Currently, i've directed most of my hashrate to kano (54TH at kano, 27TH elsewhere to pay the bills) .... I like the crowd here, got a few thrashes at the beginning when asking about what 5nd was ... but thats all good for learning.

I'm still on the fence tho - as i joined at a really bad time, when we had the 600% block.  I'm hopeful that this pool is the one I'm going to stay.  But i'll be fully comforted when ive personally experienced this pool hitting consistently > 6-8 blocks per month.  This is the line where its beneficial for me to be here.... or go back to slush for a lower daily payout.
robroyman

Activity: 57

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:48:49 AM

NOOBS: I think a good analogy to a mining pool is a lotto syndicate. More players (miners) paying (hashing) for more lines (block cracking attempts) increase your odds of winning (cracking a block), but if you do, you need to split it more ways. Only problem is, the lotto keeps adding more balls....requiring miners to have more as well (or at least assume a more metallic consistency Wink
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 10:50:50 AM

This is good news to Kano pool people, the AvalonMiner 821 is here.  Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2937129.0

klamp54

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:29:52 AM

indeed .... ive mined at Slush, Antpool, Bitcoin.com, viaBTC, nicehash .... and I do get a kick seeing the ticker go up consistently over time.  It was even satisfying when BTC was in the 15000+ range & prior to the difficulty jump.  (i only wish I had joined kano last year instead when kano was on a rampage)

Currently, i've directed most of my hashrate to kano (54TH at kano, 27TH elsewhere to pay the bills) .... I like the crowd here, got a few thrashes at the beginning when asking about what 5nd was ... but thats all good for learning.

I'm still on the fence tho - as i joined at a really bad time, when we had the 600% block.  I'm hopeful that this pool is the one I'm going to stay.  But i'll be fully comforted when ive personally experienced this pool hitting consistently > 6-8 blocks per month.  This is the line where its beneficial for me to be here.... or go back to slush for a lower daily payout.

(54TH at kano, 27TH elsewhere to pay the bills)  Care to enlighten us where this elsewhere is ?
Pages: « 1 ... 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 [1780] 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: