Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:51:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: would you be interested in an next generation ASIC trade up program for your ModMiner Quad?
YES
NO

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: High Efficiency FPGA & ASIC Bitcoin Mining Devices https://BTCFPGA.com  (Read 218396 times)
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 02:02:38 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2012, 02:13:32 PM by Inaba

BFL outbid me on all the bitcointalk advertising slots while I was at my grand mothers funeral, and won 8 out of 10 advertising slots - I was left with ZERO (wmXchange was generous enough to sell me one of his)

When I came back and let BFL know the only reason they were able to get all those advertising slots was because I was busy with my grandmothers Funeral

BFL_Josh actually made a sexually charged joke directed at my deceased grand mother.

if you want to read it for yourself you can here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=112535.msg1218174#msg1218174

BFL has at least 75% of the market share for ASIC pre-orders

I am just trying to even things out.

For me and my grandmother.

If that disappoints you - than I am very sorry. If you currently have an order with us and would like a refund due to my advertising policies than please let me know your order # and I will refund your money immediately

Thanks for everyone who is participating and good luck to win a free modminer!

Tom
BTCFPGA.com

Thanks for lying about me, Tom. I appreciate it.  

BTW - the joke was "Thanks grandma!"  

Yeah, really sexually charged there, asshole.  I was trying to be respectful to both you and your grandma.  I'm glad you think of your grandma in sexual terms, tells a lot about your character.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cablepair (OP)

Activity: 896

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 02:13:13 PM

INABA / BFL_JOSH WHAT DID I MAKE UP? WHAT DID I LIE ABOUT? I HAD JUST COME HOME FROM LITERALLY PUTTING MY GRANDMOTHER IN THE GROUND AND THIS IS WHAT YOU SAY TO ME.

Please everyone - read the dialogue for yourself and make up your mind, for yourselves. Inaba says I lied and said he made a sexually charged joke about my deceased grandmother. If you had just gotten home from your grandmothers funeral and someone says something like that to you - what would you think?

come on cheap-o's Tongue

btw Inaba, your lucky I was busy burying my grandmother today or there is no way you would of ended up with all those slots so cheap. Tongue

Dude... come on, you can NOT set me up like that.  It's taking all my willpower not to make light of that.  ARRGG  

and nothing has been changed at all from either party because your not allowed to edit your posts in Auction threads.

Now at that time - that really hurt my feelings and pissed me off, I was mourning my grandmother and although he did not actually say the "words to the joke"
he passive-aggressively insinuated the joke instead. How would this make you feel?

and How did I lie?

Yeah, really sexually charged there, asshole.  I was trying to be respectful to both you and your grandma.  I'm glad you think of your grandma in sexual terms, tells a lot about your character.

INABA - HOW  COULD YOU FLAT OUT JUST LIE LIKE THIS?

What else could you have meant about those comments? It would be so much better just to be a man an admit you made a tasteless joke that you should not of made. Instead of lying about it and then trying to tie the whole thing in with the products I sell. It's ridiculous man and really I honestly thought much higher of you than to do this.

I am going to contact BFL today and hopefully we can both agree to keep things civil between us. I have tried very hard since we have become direct competitors I have tried very hard not to troll your threads or start negative attacks against you in any way. There are all kinds of shit I could talk and trouble I could start for you guys, but that is NOT my style and I think it's very important that we keep this a friendly competition. Promote BFL and I will promote BTCFPGA. Lets not start tearing each other down, because in the end its not going to matter who fires the first shot - its going to be war, and its trouble neither of us has time for.

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 02:14:48 PM

INABA / BFL_JOSH WHAT DID I MAKE UP? WHAT DID I LIE ABOUT? I HAD JUST COME HOME FROM LITERALLY PUTTING MY GRANDMOTHER IN THE GROUND AND THIS IS WHAT YOU SAY TO ME.

Please everyone - read the dialogue for yourself and make up your mind, for yourselves. Inaba says I lied and said he made a sexually charged joke about my deceased grandmother. If you had just gotten home from your grandmothers funeral and someone says something like that to you - what would you think?

come on cheap-o's Tongue

btw Inaba, your lucky I was busy burying my grandmother today or there is no way you would of ended up with all those slots so cheap. Tongue

Dude... come on, you can NOT set me up like that.  It's taking all my willpower not to make light of that.  ARRGG  

and nothing has been changed at all from either party because your not allowed to edit your posts in Auction threads.

Now at that time - that really hurt my feelings and pissed me off, I was mourning my grandmother and although he did not actually say the "words to the joke"
he passive-aggressively insinuated the joke instead. How would this make you feel?

and How did I lie?

Go on, tell me what is "sexually charged" about "Thank Grandma!"

I wait to hear how you find that sexually arousing.  You were already "making light of it" with your comments about the slots being cheap and your tongue smiley face, don't play the poor put upon card man, it's not becoming.

I'm done with your shit, regardless.  Make up whatever you want about me in your thread man, you gotta sell that hardware as fast as you can until the power numbers for your units come out, I understand.  Whatever it takes.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 02:26:29 PM

come on cheap-o's Tongue

and How did I lie?

Yeah, really sexually charged there, asshole.  I was trying to be respectful to both you and your grandma.  I'm glad you think of your grandma in sexual terms, tells a lot about your character.

What else could you have meant about those comments? It would be so much better just to be a man an admit you made a tasteless joke that you should not of made. Instead of lying about it and then trying to tie the whole thing in with the products I sell. It's ridiculous man and really I honestly thought much higher of you than to do this.

I am going to contact BFL today and hopefully we can both agree to keep things civil between us. I have tried very hard since we have become direct competitors I have tried very hard not to troll your threads or start negative attacks against you in any way. There are all kinds of shit I could talk and trouble I could start for you guys, but that is NOT my style and I think it's very important that we keep this a friendly competition. Promote BFL and I will promote BTCFPGA. Lets not start tearing each other down, because in the end its not going to matter who fires the first shot - its going to be war, and its trouble neither of us has time for.

I wait to hear how you find that sexually arousing.  You were already "making light of it" with your comments about the slots being cheap and your tongue smiley face, don't play the poor put upon card man, it's not becoming.

wow man that is really sick you know that, how could you even say that?. Of course I did not mean anything sexual about my grandmother I loved her like she was my mother - she helped raise me. You are just trying to turn things around on me because you made the joke and you dont want to explain your self.

just be a man - admit you made a tasteless joke - heres a crazy thought... Apologize for your mistake! wow what a concept

instead just lie and then try and say I was the one who was being dirty about my own grandmother.

wtf is wrong with you?
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 02:27:58 PM

You are the one who brought up sexual shit about your grandma, not me man.  You're the sick one here.

I have no F'ing clue how you get "sexually charged joke" out of what I said, unless that's what's on your mind when you think of your grandma. But I guarantee you the last thing on my mind about my grandmothers (and yours) is sex.

cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 02:28:58 PM

your a liar, and you know it

The whole thing is quoted for the world to see - and they see right through you and your lies.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 02:30:39 PM

Yes, it is quoted, you're absolutely right.  Anyone can see you're a lying sack of shit.  Please explain what the "sexually charged joke" that I was trying to make was.  I am very curious as to what that could have been in your mind.  You just used the sexually charged claim to add some validity to your story about how you are being oppressed by the big, bad BFL.  I mean, it's too hard to compete on technical terms, why not turn it into something else?

As I said, "Thanks grandma!" was what I was implying in response to your smiley face quote.  I'm waiting to hear how you can turn that into something sexual.

flynn

Activity: 728
Merit: 540

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 02:34:43 PM

Could we come back to BTCFPGA Asics please ?

intentionally left blank
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 02:35:53 PM

You honestly think people are believing your lies dont you?

Josh....

That very night that you made those comments I got around 5 PM's from different people who had read what you wrote and they apologized for you and said they could not believe you were making a joke like that - and all offered their condolences for my grandmother.

I am a man and I can admit when I am wrong, If you can't, well than that's on you. I have a busy day today as I am sure you do as well. Please if your not going to apologize and admit you were wrong can you please just leave the thread alone?

I don't think either of us (or BFL) wants me to bring this fight to your threads so, please if your just going to keep up this charade than can you please just end it here and now before it really get's ugly?

thanks.

cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 02:41:40 PM

ok So back to business.

I am right now drinking an enormous cup of coffee

I know a lot of you are waiting for emails / PM's from me

I am going to get to work right now on responding to all of the inquiries.

Also Please like I said last week - let me know if you are still expecting a ModMiner Quad shipment and for some reason you have not received a tracking number yet.

I do believe I have shipped out - all that need to be shipped, but I do have them in stock and don't want to miss out on anyone.

p.s. Happy Monday Morning! Smiley
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 02:44:47 PM

If you don't want me posting in your thread, then don't post lies about me in your thread.  

Tell me what is sexually charged about "Thanks grandma"  You keep failing to answer that.  Is it because you know you lied about the sexually charged bit?

Regardless man, the fact is, you're using your dead grandma to shill your hardware.  Talk about sick, christ.  You used it in the auction thread to garner sympathy and you're using it now to garner more. If you really respected your grandma, you wouldn't be on a forum whining about it, you would have respected her memory by not bringing her into your sales pitches as a sympthy tactic (Serioulsy than, this is sales 101 - "Gain the sympathy of your customers".)  One of my grandma's died several months ago, did you see me on here posting about it?  No, because I respected my grandmother AND the people here enough not to bring her onto Bitcointalk for absolutely no reason, especially not to garner sympathy for my business ventures.

I'm sure many people are falling for it (it's 101 because it works), but seriously.  If you're going to use that, you should at least make it plausible.  So again: What sexually charged remark(s) were going through your mind with regards to your grandma when you made that post? Stop avoiding this question.

Answer the question and we can move on.

cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 02:47:24 PM

If you don't want me posting in your thread, then don't post lies about me in your thread.  

Tell me what is sexually charged about "Thanks grandma"  You keep failing to answer that.  Is it because you know you lied about the sexually charged bit?

Regardless man, the fact is, you're using your dead grandma to shill your hardware.  Talk about sick, christ.  You used it in the auction thread to garner sympathy and you're using it now to garner more. If you really respected your grandma, you wouldn't be on a forum whining about it, you would have respected her memory by not bringing her into your sales pitches as a sympthy tactic (Serioulsy than, this is sales 101 - "Gain the sympathy of your customers".)  One of my grandma's died several months ago, did you see me on here posting about it?  No, because I respected my grandmother AND the people here enough not to bring her onto Bitcointalk for absolutely no reason, especially not to garner sympathy for my business ventures.

I'm sure many people are falling for it (it's 101 because it works), but seriously.  If you're going to use that, you should at least make it plausible.  So again: What sexually charged remark(s) were going through your mind with regards to your grandma when you made that post?

Answer the question and we can move on.

you are a sick bastard and a liar.

I don't have to explain anything it's right there for the world to see.
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 02:47:54 PM

come on cheap-o's Tongue

and How did I lie?

cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 02:48:54 PM

This is what you said

Quote from: Inaba on September 24, 2012, 10:10:14 PM

And your telling me that = "Thanks Grandma"

but wait, now I am the liar?
YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEANT BY THAT AND SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 02:53:03 PM

Wow, this asic news makes me excited. I hate BFL, and always loved the idea behind modminer.
Question, when the ASIC's actually go into shipping and become normal orders on the website will prices be raised or stay the same?
The 27gh/s version looks very tasty atm for me.
Also, what exactly, is the upgrade plan available for the FPGA -> ASIC?
It mentions it on site but doesnt explain what it is, is it a straight trade in for the 54gh/s ASIC?
TY

I will probably AT LEAST be buying one of ur 27GH units at some point in time. If I dont wint a FPGA in coming weeks =P HA!
Your company rocks dude!

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
squid

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 02:54:08 PM

Can we please drop this? This isn't helping the case for either BFL (Inaba) or Tom (cablepair). I think we can all agree that making a joke about someone's recent passing is not proper and that the mourner will be particularly sensitive to any comments about the deceased.

You guys can talk it out in PM if you wish, but I don't believe this type of conversation in public is beneficial to either side.
scrybe

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 02:56:19 PM

Tom, I'm about to buy from you, please drop the joke issue.
I understand how you feel, and how you could take something personal (intended or not) in a time of grief and lash out, but it is not impressing me as a potential customer.

You both may have acted rashly, but there is a time and a place. I recommend you each offer a final apology on the subject and ignore the other party if they insist on pursuing it.

I've got $5K I'm going to spend this week, don't give me a reason not to spend it here.

You are representing your businesses, and most of us are looking for a business that we can trust, and that knows how to deal with issues that come up. This is an opportunity for us to see how you each will behave in the face of an adverse situation, we are watching.

"...as simple as possible, but no simpler" -AE
BTC/TRC/FRC: 1ScrybeSNcjqgpPeYNgvdxANArqoC6i5u Ripple:rf9gutfmGB8CH39W2PCeRbLWMKRauYyVfx LTC:LadmiD6tXq7gFZvMibhFUZegUHKXgbu1Gb
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 02:59:17 PM

Wow, this asic news makes me excited. I hate BFL, and always loved the idea behind modminer.
Question, when the ASIC's actually go into shipping and become normal orders on the website will prices be raised or stay the same?
The 27gh/s version looks very tasty atm for me.
Also, what exactly, is the upgrade plan available for the FPGA -> ASIC?
It mentions it on site but doesnt explain what it is, is it a straight trade in for the 54gh/s ASIC?
TY

I will probably AT LEAST be buying one of ur 27GH units at some point in time. If I dont wint a FPGA in coming weeks =P HA!
Your company rocks dude!

Thanks, we get excited when our customers get excited about our products.

let me answer your questions:

1) Prices will stay the same

2) I am currently working out a way where I can afford to give rebates for ModMiner Quad owners or offer some kind of buy back program.

We have something in the works that would allow us to re-use the fpga chips - I will make an announcement as soon as we have something solid here.

Good luck in the contest!
cablepair (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 03:03:39 PM

Tom, I'm about to buy from you, please drop the joke issue.
I understand how you feel, and how you could take something personal (intended or not) in a time of grief and lash out, but it is not impressing me as a potential customer.

You both may have acted rashly, but there is a time and a place. I recommend you each offer a final apology on the subject and ignore the other party if they insist on pursuing it.

I've got $5K I'm going to spend this week, don't give me a reason not to spend it here.

You are representing your businesses, and most of us are looking for a business that we can trust, and that knows how to deal with issues that come up. This is an opportunity for us to see how you each will behave in the face of an adverse situation, we are watching.

Hi

I actually just called BFL and left a couple of messages on their voice-mail. I hope they listen to them and take them seriously. I would love it if they would call me back.

I just introduced myself and told them I would like to extend the olive branch and keep things friendly between the two of us. I also stated that I do not want to engage in mud-slinging with them and its not going to help either one of our companies to be going after each other in the forum threads.

Hopefully this puts some resolution on the situation.

Josh/inaba,

I apologize if I wronged you in any way. I think it's very important for BFL/BTCFPA to keep things friendly, and I think it's in both of our best interest to just drop it - theres really nothing left to say. Have a nice day and good luck

Tom
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 03:09:53 PM

I'm fine with that.  I apologize for making the comment about you setting me up for a joke.  I still take great offense to the fact that you maintain that somehow I was making a sexually charged comment, which I think is fair to say since you apparently have no intention of retracting that comment. 

I have stayed out of your thread to date, Tom, and the only reason I am here now is because you made an accusation that needed addressing.  I will stay out of your thread in the future as long as you keep me out of it, or if you do bring me into it, as long as you stick to the facts, then I have no reason to post here.  I am more than happy to let you do your thing without any interference from me.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: