Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:27:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: would you be interested in an next generation ASIC trade up program for your ModMiner Quad?
YES
NO

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: High Efficiency FPGA & ASIC Bitcoin Mining Devices https://BTCFPGA.com  (Read 218413 times)
cablepair (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2012, 04:48:47 AM

The fact that Tom accepts phone calls is enough for me. That's why I spent most of my money on bASICs.

Having the option of calling is great, but it's not always the most efficient or convenient option (ever try saying a bitcoin address over the phone?).  It would be nice if emails and forum PMs also worked consistently (I had an email from the 22nd go unanswered).

I think an investment made in a customer service rep position could be a real good thing.  Someone to stay on top of emails and PMs and make sure they all get answered.

Plus some of us, uh, internet ppl can be a little, uh, weird about like...talking to other ppl live on the phone and stuff...

As I have stated before if you have an email unanswered - resend it, I answer 100+ emails a day and sometimes they get buried or put in spam folders, for every 1 person that complains - 100 customers are happily taken care of.

if you dont want to do that please just call me - 315 514 0269 if I dont answer right away keep calling, I am only one person but eventually you will get me.

I will get to you, as everyone can attest I always do. I have the best customer contact in the industry - its a proven fact.

jborkl

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

Team Heritage Motorsports

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2012, 04:52:22 AM

I ordered from Tom because he answered the phone.  I wanted to talk to a person, not a email.

The modminer i won is awesome.

f6wgycbedb

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 05:06:41 AM

Hi Tom,
I'm resending an email to you (it'll come from a @s**mail.com address).  Though I did receive a response, there were some details that you may have overlooked.

Primarily, though I do have an invoice for the order that I placed, my account info on your website still does not show the order.  I'm a bit concerned that when it comes time to ship the order, that there may be delays to my order.  Thanks for looking into this matter.

Keefe

Activity: 681
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 06:46:56 AM

Sounds Good

I answered about 200 emails the last couple of days Its very possible I missed a couple (all apologies)

get them resent and at the top of my email list and I will make sure they get responded to in in the morning

Also Stay tuned for some REAL Power Usage statistics.

Other competitors have posted that they have their final electrical usage, but they dont say where they determined this figure from and offer no evidence or even evidence from a simulation.

It's easy to throw a favorable number out there, much harder to actually meet that number. My production value electrical usage numbers will be competitive and will be available very soon (as soon as I have them) and when I give mine I will post them with verifiable evidence.

See you in the morning, have a great night and thank you

Tom
BTCFPGA.com/BitcoinASIC.com

Have you made any progress toward announcing real power usage? I was hoping "very soon" was less than 26 days. Smiley

Also, how soon can we see some sort of photos or drawings of the bASIC board?

Jack1Rip1BurnIt

Activity: 350

Trust me, these default swaps will limit the risks

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 07:27:54 AM

The fact that Tom accepts phone calls is enough for me. That's why I spent most of my money on bASICs.

Having the option of calling is great, but it's not always the most efficient or convenient option (ever try saying a bitcoin address over the phone?).  It would be nice if emails and forum PMs also worked consistently (I had an email from the 22nd go unanswered).

I think an investment made in a customer service rep position could be a real good thing.  Someone to stay on top of emails and PMs and make sure they all get answered.

Plus some of us, uh, internet ppl can be a little, uh, weird about like...talking to other ppl live on the phone and stuff...

Well, at least if something goes wrong....you could actually call him and handle the situation. Sometimes 1 phonecall can accomplish more than 10 emails. Just sayin'

Successful trades with bels, misterbigg, ChrisNelson, shackleford, geniusboy91, and Isokivi.
cheebydi

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 07:39:07 AM

So wait, did I miss this announcment somewhere?

Tom is selling a Seasoinc 1000W PSU on his page (https://www.bitcoinasic.net/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=54)

... the Seasonice Platinum Series is an irresistible option to power up to 10 bASIC mining units...

So now the only question is 10 54gh/s units or 10 27gh/s units.
dani

Activity: 525

..yeah

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 08:21:06 AM

Tom is selling a Seasoinc 1000W PSU on his page (https://www.bitcoinasic.net/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=54)

... the Seasonice Platinum Series is an irresistible option to power up to 10 bASIC mining units...

i assume 54gh/s, scroll back 2 pages and see what tom did on flic.kr  Cheesy

Hai
Karasur

Activity: 272

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 08:30:15 AM

As I have stated before if you have an email unanswered - resend it, I answer 100+ emails a day and sometimes they get buried or put in spam folders, for every 1 person that complains - 100 customers are happily taken care of.

if you dont want to do that please just call me - 315 514 0269 if I dont answer right away keep calling, I am only one person but eventually you will get me.

I will get to you, as everyone can attest I always do. I have the best customer contact in the industry - its a proven fact.

Calling from Russia costs me 2$ per min and i prefer mail if its available...
Sent mail again from kara****@gmail.com with subject "BASIC01 delivery", and hope Tom will see my message.
I want to change delivery address for my preorder from home address to mailforward company in USA, because of slow USPS service in Russia.
FaT

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 08:33:38 AM

Calling from Russia costs me 2$ per min and i prefer mail if its available...
Sent mail again from kara****@gmail.com with subject "BASIC01 delivery", and hope Tom will see my message.
I want to change delivery address for my preorder from home address to mailforward company in USA, because of slow USPS service in Russia.

I would suggest looking into Google Voice (or similar). It costs $0.01 per minute to the US for international users and is free if you have a US IP AFAIK.
MeSarah

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 11:08:01 AM

That's because, as I understand it, bASIC only has 1 employee. Where as BFL has 6 customer representatives, 1 office manager, 1 engineer, plus Josh and an unknown number of assemblers. BFL might have even more employees that I am unaware of.

and I still have better customer service and faster response time than they do.

I can see how it is much easier to provide customer service when you have a lower volume of inquires. BFL has stated that they answer more than 500 emails a day.

Tom you say that you have the fastest customer service. I see in this thread that it takes some 4 days to get a response from you and that you sometimes don't respond at all unless an additional email is sent. Where is your empirical evidence that your stated facts are not fictional? It sounds like to me your saying your Led Zeppelin album is better than BFL's Aerosmith album. Just because you say it's so doesn't make it so.

Tom, could you help me understand something? Why is it that you are providing pictures of your office but not of your ASIC products while BFL is providing pictures of their ASIC products but not their office? Is it a case of priorities?

Tom, lets talk about your FPGA product. Almost every electronic product sold in the US must be tested for spurious radio frequency emissions before marketed, sold, or delivered in the US market. The pictures I've seen of your FPGA product don't include a chassis that would stop spurious emissions. Tom I believe that your FPGA offering doesn't conform to the Code of Federal Regulations, title 47, part 15, subpart B. Penalties may include $16,000 for each violation and seizure of violating electronic devices. These penalties may also be assessed against each US recipient using violating products.

Tom, you may want to stop deliveries to the US market to avoid financial penalties to your self and your US recipients using your FPGA products. I would humbly suggest you contact an attorney and find an RF testing lab to insure your products are in compliance with federal regulations. Tom you just know that when people read this posting that some of them will make a report with the FCC. You'll be wondering for the next few months whether the FCC will be paying you a visit and conduct a seizure.

This posting are my beliefs and is not meant to be legal advice.

I wonder how creating a chassis and RF testing for BitcionASIC / BTCFPGA products is going to affect their delivery to
their customers?

I believe that BitcionASIC / BTCFPGA will be the first Bitcoin hardware manufacture to go bankrupt. If BitcionASIC / BTCFPGA goes bankrupt there goes the warranty.

60 GH/s BFL Single SC - Pre-Order Yours Today!
`````` Only $1299.99 - butterflylabs.com ``````
dani

Activity: 525

..yeah

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 11:18:45 AM

where does all this bullshit come from a sudden? Suspicious. it was quiet for quite some time and now this.

Tom, could you help me understand something? Why is it that you are providing pictures of your office but not of your ASIC products while BFL is providing pictures of their ASIC products but not their office? Is it a case of priorities?
may i suggest reading some of toms posts? The office is setup for manufacturing his asics products. Hard to assemble products if you dont have space and equipment. Also i think it was clear that tom does not have asic products yet to show.. god damn

btw, about that chassis thing, does it mean graphicscards are not allowed to be sold? (i mean they dont have a chassis, right?)

edit: oh look, you have a bfl ad.. i'll grab an umbrella and hope i dont get hit by that shitstorm.

Hai
FaT

Activity: 74

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 11:20:05 AM

Raspberry PI ships without a chassis too.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 11:33:15 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2012, 11:48:04 AM by PuertoLibre

These are small hints from Tom (of bASIC) that the power use is not all that different from BFL units. (Joke link)

(Actually, the power supply should not be run at 100% load, so I am sure these are very subtle hints from Tom that a Lot of 10 units will comfortably run within the sustained power envelope of this 1k watt PSU. Otherwise he would be pretty insane to be marketing it for 10 units at 100watts each.

http://www.seasonicusa.com/Platinum_Series.htm

It should be exciting news for all prospective bASIC buyers. It also shows that it is not an impossibility to hit 100watts or less for a 54Gh/s unit.

<HINT, HINT>

EDIT: Also he is doing this with 6 chips on a bASIC design vs 8 chips for a BFL Single SC unit. So interesting times ahead...
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 11:58:01 AM

Quick request that the SATA-> Molex adapters become available on BTCFPGA.com, or that you transfer the accounts over to bitcoinasic.net so that I can just straight buy them from there.

Cheers Tom!

Vires in numeris
whenhowwho

Activity: 96

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 12:14:11 PM

That's because, as I understand it, bASIC only has 1 employee. Where as BFL has 6 customer representatives, 1 office manager, 1 engineer, plus Josh and an unknown number of assemblers. BFL might have even more employees that I am unaware of.

and I still have better customer service and faster response time than they do.

I can see how it is much easier to provide customer service when you have a lower volume of inquires. BFL has stated that they answer more than 500 emails a day.

Tom you say that you have the fastest customer service. I see in this thread that it takes some 4 days to get a response from you and that you sometimes don't respond at all unless an additional email is sent. Where is your empirical evidence that your stated facts are not fictional? It sounds like to me your saying your Led Zeppelin album is better than BFL's Aerosmith album. Just because you say it's so doesn't make it so.

Tom, lets talk about your FPGA product. Almost every electronic product sold in the US must be tested for spurious radio frequency emissions before marketed, sold, or delivered in the US market. The pictures I've seen of your FPGA product don't include a chassis that would stop spurious emissions. Tom I believe that your FPGA offering doesn't conform to the Code of Federal Regulations, title 47, part 15, subpart B. Penalties may include $16,000 for each violation and seizure of violating electronic devices. These penalties may also be assessed against each US recipient using violating products.

Tom, you may want to stop deliveries to the US market to avoid financial penalties to your self and your US recipients using your FPGA products. I would humbly suggest you contact an attorney and find an RF testing lab to insure your products are in compliance with federal regulations. Tom you just know that when people read this posting that some of them will make a report with the FCC. You'll be wondering for the next few months whether the FCC will be paying you a visit and conduct a seizure.

This posting are my beliefs and is not meant to be legal advice.

I wonder how creating a chassis and RF testing for BitcionASIC / BTCFPGA products is going to affect their delivery to
their customers?

I believe that BitcionASIC / BTCFPGA will be the first Bitcoin hardware manufacture to go bankrupt. If BitcionASIC / BTCFPGA goes bankrupt there goes the warranty.

hey look a hilarious post! firstly if you are going to quote law you should at least have a little understanding of it. It isn't the chassis that stops the "spurious" radio. that testing is generally done on the boards themselves at least for other products. ill even give you a good example lets take a radio just an everyday am/fm radio. its electronics are encased in plastic. plastic does not stop radio waves. if it did then cell phones would be non existent as all cell tower radio arrays are cased in plastic not to mention cell phones themselves. I do not understand the constant need for fans of bfl and bfl associates themselves to constant commit acts of keyboard douchenozzlery. Really it is like kids fighting at lunch over who has a better cookie but nobody has any cookies in hand yet. So the only people who really know are the people with the asics. It doesnt really matter who puts there product out first as long as all companies put out their product.

That last little bit about a report to the fcc and etc is just silly. Sounds like someone didnt get a hug from mommy or something and then had their lunch money taken.  Roll Eyes

1HUy7T9SyNLTJCVX3p8KzftApYdWgcsRqD
Keefe

Activity: 681

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 12:14:25 PM

If a 1kW PSU could power 10 54GH units, it could power 20 27GH units, so he'd advertise it as able to power up to 20 units, not 10. Therefore, I think it's the 27GH unit that uses a little less than 100W. I hope he clarifies soon. Smiley

makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 12:19:01 PM

Why is it that you are providing pictures of your office but not of your ASIC products while BFL is providing pictures of their ASIC products but not their office? Is it a case of priorities?
Tom's probably too polite to say this, but frankly BFL have done that because they're run by skilled scammers, sorry, marketers. The pictures look convincing but are basically worthless - they're non-functional mockups without the actual ASICs and it took a huge amount of badgering before anyone could get them to confirm that. BFL won't know if their current designs work or if they need redesigning for several weeks even if they manage to keep to the announced schedule.

I wonder how creating a chassis and RF testing for BitcionASIC / BTCFPGA products is going to affect their delivery to their customers?
Quite a bit less than it's going to affect anyone unfortunate enough to do business with BFL, I should imagine - they won't even have anything complete enough to test for RF emissions until shortly before they're scheduled to ship based on their own statements. Also, I don't think BFL's existing products have been tested for emissions and registered with the FCC either.

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 12:28:53 PM

If a 1kW PSU could power 10 54GH units, it could power 20 27GH units, so he'd advertise it as able to power up to 20 units, not 10. Therefore, I think it's the 27GH unit that uses a little less than 100W. I hope he clarifies soon. Smiley
Could be. Lets hope he does.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 12:40:35 PM

Email re-sent.  Once from my mail host, and again from gmail just in case.  Both will have the subject line "Re: BTCFPGA - High Efficiency Bitcoin Mining  - Order 726".

I just wanted to ask if I could upgrade the order from a 27 to the 54Ghps product.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 01:18:18 PM

Email re-sent.  Once from my mail host, and again from gmail just in case.  Both will have the subject line "Re: BTCFPGA - High Efficiency Bitcoin Mining  - Order 726".

I just wanted to ask if I could upgrade the order from a 27 to the 54Ghps product.

Did you pay the $1000~ or the $500~ price?

Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: