Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:18:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: would you be interested in an next generation ASIC trade up program for your ModMiner Quad?
YES
NO

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: High Efficiency FPGA & ASIC Bitcoin Mining Devices https://BTCFPGA.com  (Read 218400 times)
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2012, 11:47:43 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2012, 11:59:46 PM by gmaxwell

I'm now removing further "MeSarah"'s posts from this thread and wll remove them generally anywhere in the mining subform at least so long as they keep repeating the same things. As it stands these repetitive posts off-topic and over the top and I'm reasonably convinced that no one here is interested in hearing more of them.

Let me know if I've made a mistake. Alternatively, if whomever is paying these trolls wants to send me a substantial kickback I _may_ be persuaded to look away and allow the insanity to continue: 136H7e7oHYtddM9iPNLG8ZGDqZvme2ogUn  Tongue

Also— I _strongly_ recommend using the ignore button when you see people that are constantly idiots, dishonest, or otherwise abusive. You can still view the posts if you must for context. Ignore is like a distributed ban and the text turns yellow as more people do it, signaling to other people that the community considers that person to be a waste of time or worse.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 11:48:11 PM

I just wanted to thank cable for running the contest and want to post a picture of my new mod miner up and running.

I'm sure this setup is not FCC compliant and I hope Saruhhhh reports you! ;-)
hardcore-fs

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2012, 11:51:48 PM

I'm now removing further "MeSarah"'s posts from this thread and wll remove them generally anywhere in the mining subform at least so long as they keep repeating the same things. As it stands these repetitive posts off-topic and over the top and I'm reasonably convinced that no one here is interested in hearing more of them.

Let me know if I've made a mistake. Alternatively, if whomever is paying these trolls wants to send me a substantial kickback I _may_ be persuaded to look away and allow the insanity to continue: 136H7e7oHYtddM9iPNLG8ZGDqZvme2ogUn  Tongue

Seriously......... Every court needs a Jester.

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
dmcurser

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 12:00:21 AM

atleast its a nice smooth 65 degrees in there.

1Q7TPBHHVmGCvqffYHpXCCBgbcBQ4NwXdW
dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 01:19:43 AM

The first person to post which movie I am referencing here (and proving you are a child of the 80's)

will win 5 free physical bitcoins from https://www.casascius.com/ !!!

Good Luck !

With all this MeTroll thing I almost forgot that I won the surprise Halloween raffle. I'm so happy. You can PM me Cablepair. I'm wasting so much time by checking this thread so often. This Casascius coins win will just make it worst...

beekeeper

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

LTC

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2012, 01:23:29 AM

In case you didnt know the story with Raspberry Pi:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/tag/ce-compliance

25Khs at 5W Litecoin USB dongle (FPGA), 45kHs overclocked
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310926
Litecoin FPGA shop -> http://ltcgear.com
ChipGeek

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 01:37:18 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2012, 08:31:25 PM by Maged

For the record: I will contact the FCC and find out what changes we need to make if any to keep within regulation.

Design-wise, if you think you may have an issue with unintentional radiation, you might consider using a spread-spectrum clock source.

If you wanna sniff around yourself for unintentional radiation, there's a handy gadget ppl are calling RTLSDR that can function as a cheap spectrum analyzer for radio sources from 64MHz to 2.2GHz or so: http://www.rtlsdr.org/

A voice of reason in the room. You might try a Bitscope. It's what I use at home.

SERIOUSLY?!?  A F***ing BITSCOPE is your standard of how to do FCC compliance testing?!?

Tip jar: 1ChipGeeK7PDxaAWG4VgsTi31SfJ6peKHw
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 01:41:27 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2012, 08:34:09 PM by Maged

I couldn't care less about FCC approval, and that even goes for BFL hardware. These are not consumer products, and I don't expect the manufacturers to be wasting money on expensive certifications.

Buy & Hold
jborkl

Activity: 246

Team Heritage Motorsports

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2012, 01:48:48 AM

I propose the following, see what people think.

People in the first batch are going to be discussing hooking them up, tech support.

A irc channel just for tech support first batch.  Set it up now, get people invited - developer, software, pre order customers.

This way all the discussion related to when we get them will be moderated and controlled. We will also be able to help each other better this way. I am only talking about this being active during early release times, not permanent

I am new to irc, but someone besides tom should be able to do this and we get a invite code somehow.

Thoughts?

XertroV

Activity: 88
Merit: 12

Max Kaye

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2012, 02:28:43 AM

A irc channel just for tech support first batch.  Set it up now, get people invited - developer, software, pre order customers.

This way all the discussion related to when we get them will be moderated and controlled. We will also be able to help each other better this way. I am only talking about this being active during early release times, not permanent

[...]

Thoughts?

IRC might be useful for that sort of thing, but it's very ephemeral. The first bASIC shipment will be worldwide (I'm in Australia, myself) and it might be a bit difficult for people to get assistance at times. That's not saying IRC doesn't have a use here; just that it probably shouldn't be the main support line.

Tom has talked about the possibility of setting up a forum; I think that would be an excellant idea and would allow a much higher degree of moderation than either here or IRC.

That said, I don't know the degree to which people would use something like that [has anyone here had much experience with the BFL forums and the degree to which they are used/abused?] so it may or may not be worthwhile. Remember that Tom has a much smaller client base than BFL, so the cost per client, measured in both time and money, is possibly far higher.

In any case, even in the absence of a forum, I'm sure we'll find some way to communicate, either here, an ad-hoc IRC channel, Reddit, or some other forum, so I wouldn't worry too much about it at this stage (we're still a month off, remember).
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 02:34:59 AM

[...]

Thoughts?

IRC might be useful for that sort of thing, but it's very ephemeral. The first bASIC shipment will be worldwide (I'm in Australia, myself) and it might be a bit difficult for people to get assistance at times. That's not saying IRC doesn't have a use here; just that it probably shouldn't be the main support line.

Tom has talked about the possibility of setting up a forum; I think that would be an excellant idea and would allow a much higher degree of moderation than either here or IRC.

That said, I don't know the degree to which people would use something like that [has anyone here had much experience with the BFL forums and the degree to which they are used/abused?] so it may or may not be worthwhile. Remember that Tom has a much smaller client base than BFL, so the cost per client, measured in both time and money, is possibly far higher.

In any case, even in the absence of a forum, I'm sure we'll find some way to communicate, either here, an ad-hoc IRC channel, Reddit, or some other forum, so I wouldn't worry too much about it at this stage (we're still a month off, remember).

Maybe each vendor could be given a subforum here, in which they have moderating powers.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Odi

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 04:39:38 AM

A irc channel just for tech support

IRC is good for chatting, not support.  You would need to repeat the answer every time someone asks the question (or create a bot to spew the same information out automatically).  A forum is really the best way for interactive support.

Tom did talk about setting up a forum, but I think he should really just set up an announcement blog.  Post the announcement here and on that page.  I don't want Tom spending his time moderating forums, since he is already behind on replying to emails. And you know there will be lots of drama if he has to pick some moderators from the user-base.

If you did ship first, I guess you would be suddenly swamped with orders, which would  cause a sudden cancellation & immediate cash flow problems for competitors, possibly followed by imminent implosion.

Implosion sounds a bit extreme.  I think it is more because Tom now has a chance of being the first ASIC to ship, which is making some early pre-orderers at competitors angry that they have had their money tied up for so much longer and might not even be first with an ASIC anymore.  Prior to BFL's announcement about delaying to the end of November, Tom's company was just the one with a shorter waiting list.  Compound that with the fact that Tom is taking the second batch now, they can't even appease their anger by pre-ordering here (I know some pre-ordered at both, but some didn't have the foresight to).

I fully plan to contact the FCC regarding compliance.

Ugh the FCC is why FM transmitters suck.  Companies have to go through shenanigans in order to make a decent one.

On the other side of the coin, since an ASIC miner is a non-intentional transmitter, I suggest you just check with your design company instead of directly with the FCC regarding a Declaration of Conformity.

Bitcoin is like a variation of Schrödinger's Cat. Everything about it is both scam and fully legit at the same time until you open the box. - ElectricMucus
Nootropic

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 04:58:07 AM

From what I understand, BFL's last announced shipping date/goal is around the same time as Tom's? Are we just assuming that they won't make it? I gather that they have a reputation for not meeting shipping date goals.
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2012, 05:10:13 AM

#btcfpga already exists on freenode
people chat and support each other already
I run an IRC for my pool and find IRC a great tool for real time troubleshooting - it can also be a time sink, where possible I link to answers to the frequently asked questions that come up thus not "answering the same question over and again" Wink

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 05:13:24 AM

dont know if anyone has noticed this so far, but here is a very rough estimated power usage for the bASIC unit,
https://www.bitcoinasic.net/index.php?route=product/all

given "up to 10 bASIC" units, we dont know if that refers to the 27 or 54gh one... either way.
Best case, its 1.85watts/GH, using the 54gh as reference.
Worse case, 3.7watts/GH .. using 27GH as reference.

If the mining units dont use the 5v line from PSU at all, then estimate bout 50-100watts off the 1kw
Also an unknown is weather that 1kw unit would be powering said motherboard / cpu / RAM setup behind the bASIC
If so then take another 40-70watts off that 1kw
So, given an avg of the 2 mentioned items above, lets assume up to 850watts for bASIC's left over..
brings consumption down to 1.57w/GH for the 54gh

Interesting..

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 05:38:25 AM

Uhm.. does this mean I'll need to wear a lead-lined cup when I'm around my ASICs?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

No,the "tin foil" type will be sufficient  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
ChiangYay

Activity: 66

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 06:59:16 AM

bASIC product details do not mention power supply, only DC barrel connector in the specs.
So do i need to acquire separately a power supply and connector?

Or is there even the barrel connector supplied  so i can easily hook it up to any power supply providing sufficient 12VDC?

It would be really nice if bASIC is just as finished product as BFLs are, ie. everything supplied in a case + fans, just plug it in.

I would like too to know if the  barrel connector is supplied with the device or should I buy it, in that case any suggestion?

Best
DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2012, 07:09:43 AM

Angry neighborhood bastard mod here.

Enough with the trolling. I'm tired of seeing thread reports for this thread. Next step is I talk to theymos about banning all the BFL shills.

Bitinvestor

Activity: 470

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 07:47:33 AM

Angry neighborhood bastard mod here.

Enough with the trolling. I'm tired of seeing thread reports for this thread. Next step is I talk to theymos about banning all the BFL shills.

Excellent! Thank you!

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
Odi

Activity: 73

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 08:37:01 AM

From what I understand, BFL's last announced shipping date/goal is around the same time as Tom's? Are we just assuming that they won't make it? I gather that they have a reputation for not meeting shipping date goals.

Prior to the beginning of this week, BFL was scheduled to ship before BTCFPGA.  Now they are about the same time.  That's why I said Tom now has a chance to be the first to ship an ASIC.

#btcfpga already exists on freenode
people chat and support each other already

I went in there once to look for Tom, but he had already gotten off the computer.  So I called him instead and he picked up Shocked

Gonna dust off my IRC client and lurk in there now Cool

Bitcoin is like a variation of Schrödinger's Cat. Everything about it is both scam and fully legit at the same time until you open the box. - ElectricMucus
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: