Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632640 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 03:03:46 PM

NewCorp investment land RUSH

Greetings from the Marquess d'Tavastia,

As the competitors are making their deals better, so do we. The Investment Land Rush is fully ON, so consider the following deals:

- Every lot which is MINIMUM 12q (exact surveying undone yet) can be had for as low as:
* 70 mil (no landscaping)
* 100 mil (small house)
* 150 mil (120sqm NICE house).

But not only that, we offer now 3 gold coins bonus per EACH lot (so 9 CKG bonus per lot in NC1600C collectible coins).

And not only that either, if you buy 2 lots, you get 5% off the price in addition.

For the purchaser of 4 lots, a full 10% off, in addition to the 12 gold coins!

And did I forget to mention that I'll throw in a bonus lot of 4 q for the buyer of the North Row, the choicest of land facing south over the main access artery of the Rossiyan merchants entering the town!!

If, just IF, somebody thinks that behind these insanely cheap offerings there is a marketing competition of sorts, I'd just remind you that when it ends, the prices will return to levels that allow profitable business Wink

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 04:24:08 PM

I'll take them all.

My only stipulation is that a 4 quadrant palace be built where d2 and d3 intersect in lieu of a 1 quadrant palace being built on each of the four lots (d1-d4). That a 2 quadrant palace be built where d5 and d6 intersect, and a 2 quadrant palace be built where d7 and d8 intersect. The rest of the lots should have 1 quadrant palaces.

Also, could the 10% and coin bonuses be applied to my previous purchases?

*please allow me to deposit moneritos to cover expenses.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 05:14:13 PM

I'll take them all.

My only stipulation is that a 4 quadrant palace be built where d2 and d3 intersect in lieu of a 1 quadrant palace being built on each of the four lots (d1-d4). That a 2 quadrant palace be built where d5 and d6 intersect, and a 2 quadrant palace be built where d7 and d8 intersect. The rest of the lots should have 1 quadrant palaces.

The palace only looks "1 quadrat" in the map that has such a low resolution. In reality its footprint is 14x16 m and it is 2-floor with a raised terrace in 1st floor (included in the footprint) and a balcony in the 2nd. It is aligned with main entrance raised at 1 m high, towards the street.

We don't have a ready design for a "4 q palace" (~480 sqm), it is a separate commission if you want to have one. We can design a ~240 sqm house and use it to fill D1-D2, D3-D4, D5-D6, D7-D8 so in total of 4 such ones (with the lots resized to be double as big as well!), and 7 existing model 120 sqm palaces in the other lots you purchased, I hope this is acceptable.

The previous purchases contain in total 2 coins (I have just recorded the transfer), for the grand total of 41*NC1600C. Sorry we cannot alter past deals to our disadvantage any more than we can alter them to our advantage, this is more of a principle than about money of course Smiley

The unpaid total would be 13*150*90% = 1,755 XMR.

Always a pleasure to deal with you,
Tavastia (Marquess, acting CEO of NewCorp)

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 05:25:53 PM

I'll take them all.

The palace only looks "1 quadrat" in the map that has such a low resolution. In reality its footprint is 14x16 m and it is 2-floor with a raised terrace in 1st floor (included in the footprint) and a balcony in the 2nd. It is aligned with main entrance raised at 1 m high, towards the street.

We don't have a ready design for a "4 q palace" (~480 sqm), it is a separate commission if you want to have one. We can design a ~240 sqm house and use it to fill D1-D2, D3-D4, D5-D6, D7-D8 so in total of 4 such ones (with the lots resized to be double as big as well!), and 7 existing model 120 sqm palaces in the other lots you purchased, I hope this is acceptable.

The previous purchases contain in total 2 coins (I have just recorded the transfer), for the grand total of 41*NC1600C. Sorry we cannot alter past deals to our disadvantage any more than we can alter them to our advantage, this is more of a principle than about money of course Smiley

The unpaid total would be 13*150*90% = 1,755 XMR.

Always a pleasure to deal with you,
Tavastia (Marquess, acting CEO of NewCorp)

The terms of the deal are acceptable, Tavastia.

Could you please give me a quote on the 4 quadrant palace--I may still want to build one at a later date on the bonus quadrant if it is possible to build such a structure on that lot.

Thank you,
Crichton

Roopatra

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 05:28:19 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2015, 06:09:07 PM by Roopatra

Land auction in 9-C closes at 6.00pm BCT server time tonight! Only 35minutes left! Take a look at the lots on sale here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ln1LSQwPajGNMhtQ8LieWKyQ4rgo-Vnr6-NHkx-Ee00/edit#gid=26263206

Current bids for lots:

A1: ?secret? Minimum bid: 200mil
A2: HSH The Prince of OZ 60mil
A3: HSH The Prince of OZ 60mil
B1: No bid yet. Minimum bid: 80mil
B2: No bid yet. Minimum bid: 80mil
C3: No bid yet. Minimum bid: 60mil
C4: No bid yet. Minimum bid: 60mil
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 05:37:48 PM

B1: No bid yet. Minimum bid: 80mil

Your budget for the Public Works has not yet arrived. To alleviate nepotism, I could act on behalf of Town in this matter and bid for this one. It would be a nice site for a public building such as the 9.B Town Registry, which seems to be needed since Crichton bought such many lots that will be developed and require the services without going all the way to B.3...

Town: 80 mil for B1

Roopatra

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 06:12:21 PM

Land auction in 9-C finished,
Winning bids for lots:

A2: HSH The Prince of OZ 60mil
A3: HSH The Prince of OZ 60mil
B1: Town 80 mil

A1, B2, C3 and C4, no bid.

Congratulations for the new land owners, and welcome to the neighborhood! Smiley
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 07:55:00 PM

Could you please give me a quote on the 4 quadrant palace--I may still want to build one at a later date on the bonus quadrant if it is possible to build such a structure on that lot.

Thank you,
Crichton

Serving our clients' most exquisite needs is none of an issue to the Royal Architects! (It is just that our mindset this time was to sell ready-to-go investment land as the name suggests...)

If your wish is to have a palace/villa for personal use, we are absolutely the right provider. My suggestion in this case is as follows:

- The lots in 9-E are clear, they will have the 120 sqm nice houses with 100% lux as mentioned.

- The 9-NE is all yours, the streets are not yet zoned. So I suggest we retain the wide street to get the most out of the Rossiyan traffic, but an additional 10 q can be joined to your lots if the lots itself are merged to a larger entity.

- The Architect fee is 1 mil/minute, and for instance the Drama Palace in 5-C cost 230 mil. The total costs of that building were almost 2,000 mil, so the fee was comparably not large. A palace of about 400 sqm takes ~1.5 hours to design. The good thing is that we have done and can do absolutely every style possible, just give a list of all wishes and they will be fulfilled (and if something is not wished, a functioning and economical solution will be used). Our designs can stand the test of time. (All except one buildings collapsed in the Earthquake were designed by us.)

=> Since I already promised the design of the double-palace, but you seem to actually want the quad-palace more, how about we return to the single-palaces for most of the lots, and you tell exactly how much and which land you want to use for your own house, and how big and what kind of house, and I will have it designed, post the pics, and deduct 30 mil from the architect fee (for not needing to design the double-palace) . Then I will bill you for the extra costs compared to the single-palaces you paid for, or return the excess if applicable.

PS. in the map file, there is a proposal for the layout. My plan is to merge a 70 quadrat lot and have a parking area in front of the main entrance for the carriages. The house itself would have large terraces in the east and west, and the more voluminous center, perhaps of a partially submerged basement, and 2-3 floors (depending how high rooms are wanted, and how large floor area). The style can be your choice for instance:
- small windows ancient (Royal Palace)
- plantation-style, arcades (Town Hall)
- high castle (Wizard Castle)
- classical (Round Table House)
- art nouveau (Jacket Hotel in 5-C)
- moorish (Monero House)
- English (Barons' Row townhouse).

Considering the setting in a low density-gardenrich chapelry, the sprawling arcades could fit very well.

This plan has the additional advantage of becoming the largest residential lot and beating the Royal Palace, which only has 58 q (although more central). Perhaps the King's plans of developing Versailles nudge forward...

If I have gone astray with the ideas, feel free to correct. Always happy to exceed the client's wildest expectations,  Wink
Tavastia

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 08:15:18 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2015, 02:11:12 AM by generalizethis

Thank you,
Crichton

Serving our clients' most exquisite needs is none of an issue to the Royal Architects! (It is just that our mindset this time was to sell ready-to-go investment land as the name suggests...)

If your wish is to have a palace/villa for personal use, we are absolutely the right provider. My suggestion in this case is as follows:

- The lots in 9-E are clear, they will have the 120 sqm nice houses with 100% lux as mentioned.

- The 9-NE is all yours, the streets are not yet zoned. So I suggest we retain the wide street to get the most out of the Rossiyan traffic, but an additional 10 q can be joined to your lots if the lots itself are merged to a larger entity.

- The Architect fee is 1 mil/minute, and for instance the Drama Palace in 5-C cost 230 mil. The total costs of that building were almost 2,000 mil, so the fee was comparably not large. A palace of about 400 sqm takes ~1.5 hours to design. The good thing is that we have done and can do absolutely every style possible, just give a list of all wishes and they will be fulfilled (and if something is not wished, a functioning and economical solution will be used). Our designs can stand the test of time. (All except one buildings collapsed in the Earthquake were designed by us.)

=> Since I already promised the design of the double-palace, but you seem to actually want the quad-palace more, how about we return to the single-palaces for most of the lots, and you tell exactly how much and which land you want to use for your own house, and how big and what kind of house, and I will have it designed, post the pics, and deduct 30 mil from the architect fee (for not needing to design the double-palace) . Then I will bill you for the extra costs compared to the single-palaces you paid for, or return the excess if applicable.

PS. in the map file, there is a proposal for the layout. My plan is to merge a 70 quadrat lot and have a parking area in front of the main entrance for the carriages. The house itself would have large terraces in the east and west, and the more voluminous center, perhaps of a partially submerged basement, and 2-3 floors (depending how high rooms are wanted, and how large floor area). The style can be your choice for instance:
- small windows ancient (Royal Palace)
- plantation-style, arcades (Town Hall)
- high castle (Wizard Castle)
- classical (Round Table House)
- art nouveau (Jacket Hotel in 5-C)
- moorish (Monero House)
- English (Barons' Row townhouse).

Considering the setting in a low density-gardenrich chapelry, the sprawling arcades could fit very well.

This plan has the additional advantage of becoming the largest residential lot and beating the Royal Palace, which only has 58 q (although more central). Perhaps the King's plans of developing Versailles nudge forward...

If I have gone astray with the ideas, feel free to correct. Always happy to exceed the client's wildest expectations,  Wink
Tavastia

I love your plan! The layout is beautiful Smiley

A Tudor style would be my choice, but with carriage parking and without the pond, of course.

I also like this design, but would want a turret somewhere.

As far as size goes, I think BIG is good as i don't see this as being a permanent residence, but a place that should be used for events and more public affairs (when I move out and into my beach house Cool ). A Big entrance with a few cozy guest rooms and offices upstairs and mostly heavy traffic areas on the main floor (BIG kitchen and dining room that extends to a back pavilion, bigger offices). The basement i'm still unsure about. What would its function be? Storage? Private offices? Gambling room? Tongue I do see some use now that I think about it, but have no design input.

A private athletic club (tennis, polo, ect.) would be a good frame of reference. 

Roopatra

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 09:36:02 AM

The Royal Mint announcement

5 CKS = 1 mil   **   Silver BULK issue, -3.1% below the cheapest new conversion price!

Now it is possible to get silver easier than ever, and very affordably as well, even cheaper than buying the IC and importing yourself!!

The Royal Mint CS1606E shiny handy-sized 5 CKS coin will be minted in bulk to accommodate those who seek to get nice investment/collectible coins but don't want to pay for them!

Price is only 1 mil per coin. You can order any quantity of coins you want.

Every 20th coin ordered is dated CS1607E, which might become extremely collectible due to the low mintage. The rarity is guaranteed by giving no archive copies to the King, the CryptoMuseum, or even the Mint themselves! Only 1 is minted per every 20 ordered.

Roopatra would like to buy 20x CS1606E (incl. 1x CS1607E?) for 20 mil.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 04:35:23 PM

Crichton Country Club

Master Crichton has gained confidence in our town, and decided to move more of his assets here. He has gained the ownership of about 2% of the urban land, making him on par with the largest owners.

The Country Club is his new official residence, and the most prominent building in the upcoming Borough 9 (which still seeks a name!). The first building in the town in English brick, it is a sprawling yet accessible mansion for private and public occasions. Features:

- Main hallway of 54 m connects all the venues
- Column Hall of 207 sqm is the largest event space
- High Hall of 130 sqm is the most exquisite - dinner is planned here
- Kitchen with auxiliary is large as was the wish. There is no official basement except under the kitchen - in other parts, the building is elevated.
- Many officerooms, owner's office suite, guestrooms, suites and Owner's suite of ~250 sqm
- 3 towers, many protruding elements
- The building is shaped "E", with the main facades to South and West, and the events spaces mostly on the peaceful side

Total area reaches 1,300 sqm, which poses the building in direct comparison with the Royal Palace. This one is less floors and a bit less wide, but more sprawling. As mentioned, the grounds are larger (unless Central Square is counted as "Royal Palace Carriage Parking Space"). Here lux is less but average room height is more. Royal Palace has more but smaller rooms. It has only 1 tower, but that is higher and more floors. Country Club has much more windows. The deciding factor is the Royal Palace roof, which is gilded with 6,640 CKG. Even though Master Crichton easily could pay the gilding cost (of ~600 mil currently), he does not have the CKG. (The buildings with gilded roofs are not that many: Royal Palace 1446, Theatre 1500, HofM 1530 and San Pietro 1599). Tudor style also does not typically have gilded roofs. (Wonder who is the first to have a silver-plated roof in his house; that is rumored to be healthy..)

Congratulations, the bill will be sent with the final calculations Smiley

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 04:47:52 PM

Crichton Country Club

Master Crichton has gained confidence in our town, and decided to move more of his assets here. He has gained the ownership of about 2% of the urban land, making him on par with the largest owners.

The Country Club is his new official residence, and the most prominent building in the upcoming Borough 9 (which still seeks a name!). The first building in the town in English brick, it is a sprawling yet accessible mansion for private and public occasions. Features:

- Main hallway of 54 m connects all the venues
- Column Hall of 207 sqm is the largest event space
- High Hall of 130 sqm is the most exquisite - dinner is planned here
- Kitchen with auxiliary is large as was the wish. There is no official basement except under the kitchen - in other parts, the building is elevated.
- Many officerooms, owner's office suite, guestrooms, suites and Owner's suite of ~250 sqm
- 3 towers, many protruding elements
- The building is shaped "E", with the main facades to South and West, and the events spaces mostly on the peaceful side

Total area reaches 1,300 sqm, which poses the building in direct comparison with the Royal Palace. This one is less floors and a bit less wide, but more sprawling. As mentioned, the grounds are larger (unless Central Square is counted as "Royal Palace Carriage Parking Space"). Here lux is less but average room height is more. Royal Palace has more but smaller rooms. It has only 1 tower, but that is higher and more floors. Country Club has much more windows. The deciding factor is the Royal Palace roof, which is gilded with 6,640 CKG. Even though Master Crichton easily could pay the gilding cost (of ~600 mil currently), he does not have the CKG. (The buildings with gilded roofs are not that many: Royal Palace 1446, Theatre 1500, HofM 1530 and San Pietro 1599). Tudor style also does not typically have gilded roofs. (Wonder who is the first to have a silver-plated roof in his house; that is rumored to be healthy..)

Congratulations, the bill will be sent with the final calculations Smiley

I love it! I'd like to gift a bottle of beer to all the players. Cheers!

noms

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 05:24:59 PM

Crichton Country Club

Very nice! It is great to see some building happening in Borough 9.  I intend to follow suit as soon as I can Smiley

If you are running a country club, are there member benefits? How would one become a member?

Monero.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 05:53:40 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2015, 02:11:33 AM by generalizethis

Crichton Country Club

Very nice! It is great to see some building happening in Borough 9.  I intend to follow suit as soon as I can Smiley

If you are running a country club, are there member benefits? How would one become a member?

This was hardly planned (Tavastia's land layout sparked the idea and it progressed from there), so details will come as they are made available.

I would say that for the moment everyone is invited to come and go as they please. The club offers a place for gentlemen and ladies to converse, enjoy a drink, and when the facilities are built, engage in the noble sports of swimming, golf, tennis and polo. I'd like to get some help expanding the design to groundwork--the architectural work would include no pay but an honorary lifetime membership (the first task would be creating the polo grounds). *

I would like to commend Tavastia on his excellent design and bestow on him an honorary lifetime membership.  The west wing of the Club will be named "Tavastia Hall" in his honor. I would also like to extend a lifetime membership to the King whom the Polo grounds will be dedicated to once they are complete.

*Sadly, the Polo grounds would take up a chapelry (300 X 160 yards), so this will have to wait until the demand for Polo grounds meets the required price or the grounds are found at a huge reduction in price. Luckily there's enough room for tennis courts and "The King's Court" seems a natural fit. Also, the limitations of early golf equipment could allow for a small golf course on the land facing the Club House. As the game equipment advances it may take a whole borough to fit a course--though this type of advancement seems a far off time none of will live to see.

On a even dourer note, there doesn't seem to be any golf clubs in the Kingdom, I'm told that in a place called Glasgow the game has been played for centuries. The importation and production of golf equipment could spark interest in the burgeoning sport.

"The modern game of golf is generally considered to be a Scottish invention. A spokesman for the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews, one of the oldest Scottish golf organisations, said "Stick and ball games have been around for many centuries, but golf as we know it today, played over 18 holes, clearly originated in Scotland."[10][11] The word golf, or in Scots gowf [gʌuf], is usually thought to be a Scots alteration of Dutch "colf" or "colve" meaning "stick, "club", "bat", itself related to the Proto-Germanic language *kulth- as found in Old Norse kolfr meaning "bell clapper", and the German Kolben meaning "mace or club".[12] The Dutch term Kolven refers to a related sport.

The first documented mention of golf in Scotland appears in a 1457 Act of the Scottish Parliament, an edict issued by King James II of Scotland prohibiting the playing of the games of gowf and football as these were a distraction from archery practice for military purposes.[13] Bans were again imposed in Acts of 1471 and 1491, with golf being described as "an unprofitable sport". Mary, Queen of Scots was accused by her political enemies of playing golf after her second husband, Henry Stuart, Lord Darnley, was murdered in 1567. George Buchanan subsequently wrote that she had been playing "sports that were clearly unsuitable to women". Golf was banned again by parliament under King James IV of Scotland, but golf clubs and balls were bought for him in 1502 when he was visiting Perth, and on subsequent occasions when he was in St Andrews and Edinburgh.[14]

An entry in the Town Council Minutes of Edinburgh for 19 April 1592 includes golf in a list of pursuits to be avoided on the Sabbath.[15]

The account book of lawyer Sir John Foulis of Ravelston records that he played golf at Musselburgh Links on 2 March 1672, and this has been accepted as proving that The Old Links, Musselburgh, is the oldest playing golf course in the world. There is also a story that Mary, Queen of Scots, played there in 1567."

--the Wiki Oracle

noms

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 06:48:33 PM

Marquess Nom's Building Example

Our kingdom is starting to grow in players and talent. There are a handful of architects that currently exist in the game, but I think it is time to start teaching the art to some of the new players, or even old players who have an interest in design Cheesy

This is why i'm releasing a design that I did for a building in Borough 5 (5-C-A5) to people in Crypto Kingdom to view.  This is a building that I built in 1605. At the time, it would provide 17,000,000 yearly income with a 275,000,000 investment in the building and a 200,000,000 land purchase. This works out to be a 3.6% yearly return on investment, which is quite nice.

I'm making these plans "open source" so others who would like to learn to architect can see what I've done and perhaps design buildings of their own! I can't wait to see what people come up with Smiley  If you have any questions about how to design, please talk to myself, Roopatra, HM_The_King, or SirJacket (am I missing anyone?) and we'd be happy to give you some pointers.  It is only through teaching others that we can help the game grow and succeed. Let's spread the fun!

Click here to view the "open source" plans: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bJyD4axxIfUMefYvkcvH5bU6bnjqY4INDWvhHXTYcTI/edit#gid=1438865097

Here's a preview of it:

-The Marquess of White Cross

Monero.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 10:05:49 PM

Our kingdom is starting to grow in players and talent. There are a handful of architects that currently exist in the game, but I think it is time to start teaching the art to some of the new players, or even old players who have an interest in design Cheesy

This is why i'm releasing a design that I did for a building in Borough 5 (5-C-A5) to people in Crypto Kingdom to view.  This is a building that I built in 1605. At the time, it would provide 17,000,000 yearly income with a 275,000,000 investment in the building and a 200,000,000 land purchase. This works out to be a 3.6% yearly return on investment, which is quite nice.

I'm making these plans "open source" so others who would like to learn to architect can see what I've done and perhaps design buildings of their own! I can't wait to see what people come up with Smiley  If you have any questions about how to design, please talk to myself, Roopatra, HM_The_King, or SirJacket (am I missing anyone?) and we'd be happy to give you some pointers.  It is only through teaching others that we can help the game grow and succeed. Let's spread the fun!

Click here to view the "open source" plans: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bJyD4axxIfUMefYvkcvH5bU6bnjqY4INDWvhHXTYcTI/edit#gid=1438865097

Here's a preview of it:

Won't you need edit access to create buildings, change lot sizes and landscaping? All things I'd like to do.  Wink

noms

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 12:02:35 AM

This is why i'm releasing a design that I did for a building in Borough 5 (5-C-A5) to people in Crypto Kingdom to view.  This is a building that I built in 1605. At the time, it would provide 17,000,000 yearly income with a 275,000,000 investment in the building and a 200,000,000 land purchase. This works out to be a 3.6% yearly return on investment, which is quite nice.

I'm making these plans "open source" so others who would like to learn to architect can see what I've done and perhaps design buildings of their own! I can't wait to see what people come up with Smiley  If you have any questions about how to design, please talk to myself, Roopatra, HM_The_King, or SirJacket (am I missing anyone?) and we'd be happy to give you some pointers.  It is only through teaching others that we can help the game grow and succeed. Let's spread the fun!

Here's a preview of it:

Won't you need edit access to create buildings, change lot sizes and landscaping? All things I'd like to do.  Wink

The best way to take care of this is to just "make a copy" of that sheet, then you can edit your own copy to your heart's content Smiley I have loads and loads of designs all in different sheets, I just keep making them and they keep getting built!

Monero.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 02:18:00 AM

The best way to take care of this is to just "make a copy" of that sheet, then you can edit your own copy to your heart's content Smiley I have loads and loads of designs all in different sheets, I just keep making them and they keep getting built!

Already working on it. Will take me a few days to learn the ins and outs of working in a spreadsheet design, but seems pretty straight forward.

Thank you, Marquess Noms,

Crichton

binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 02:49:59 PM

The First Real-Anniversary of Crypto Kingdom and the Real-Party in Real-Malla

[...]

A happy and memorable weekend in the dark, festive season is awaiting us! Smiley

Sir binaryFate will attend the anniversary, and is looking forward to celebrate this wonderful event with some of you!
Many thanks to HM for such a great idea!

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 05:41:55 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2015, 08:57:16 PM by rpietila

Availability of Wine and the Health of the King

Alarming reports have surfaced from our trading partners. War is currently ravaging the trade routes and IC cannot be converted to wine. This should not pose a major difficulty since the kingdom has quite nice stocks, and the disturbance is expected to be temporary. Not yet this.

Another rumor needs to be confirmed. The health of the King is 5,000 points worse than previously announced. This is not a new development, it has not gotten notably worse lately. It is a long time thing, dating back to the very ancient times (before 1400):

Quote from: King
I had never felt healthy the same way as some other lads, or if I had, I had forgotten it long before having done anything meaningful or big with my life. That's perhaps the reason why I became King at only 34 years' age. In those good old times, people felt vigorous in their 20-30s. I was often ill and unable to play or plan the nice practicalities of ordinary life. The problems with health paradoxically turned me away from mid-term considerations of a decade or two (what is the use of having something nice like a house for yourself, when you can turn terminally ill any time?) to longer-range and even eternal things. Since there was no certainty that I could personally enjoy the fruits of my labors, I set myself to labor only in fields where the fruits would benefit many, and instead of my lifetime only, would carry to the end of history.

So in between these thoughts, the most surprising thing happened - the Ancient Era started, making measuring of health needless. I also forgot for decades, even 200 years (that's how long it lasted) the feelings of weakness. Now they are most surely back. I am in the position to afford the best health care, and in the Kingdom, surrounded by friends, it does not get worse. Wholly different is the situation with other good people in other lands who never had the opportunity to become Kings, or who did, but were deposed by usurpers and thrown to gloomy prisons where the basic necessities of health (green herbs, mushrooms, cigars, wine and spirits) were hardly available, and even mead needed to be smuggled in.

We repeat that the revelation should not be thought as to pose any danger to the Throne. But also that we will arrange the succession without undue delay. At present it seems that the health can be maintained at the present state many more years.

The King feels so much the pain of the other 2 weak characters (Kushed and Munny) that he gifts both with 12 bottles of W1603A, the best wine available.

Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: