Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632635 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 12:18:07 PM

Gold is another thing that was first trading in a very liquid way for a short time in early august, but was then itemized and actually lost most of its liquidity as a result. This is now coming back as our gold markets start.

The intention is to allow gold to be traded in two-tier markets, same as what happens world over. The price-setting market is for large standard items, here HM02B100 gold bars. One costs currently the same as a nice house, so the comparison to LBMA good delivery bar (12,5 kg Au) is very fitting.

As a result of the previous market, gold midprice is achieved. The other tier allows you to sell your gold items so that the price is defined as midprice+X% and calculates automatically. This is similar to earlier p.o. trading. King's Coinshop's market backing activity is restored.

Gold price denominated in EUR reached 0.425 in March-2015 (and more in August). Now it is at 0.212, making the house where I type this, much more valuable than the whole of CK. Well, sell price only matters if you intend to sell Wink As is hopefully the general consensus as well, I am not here for short term gains, and see these prices as a buying opportunity, and that 0.212 will be written in gold inscription to the Agora gold trading room.

Deposits must be made manually to saddambitcoin for some time still. We have not yet had the opportunity to fully read everyones' wishes for the priorities. When deposits are enabled, withdrawals will be enabled as well. So the net effect on valuations is unclear - in theory there might be people who want to cash out, but in practice there has been a year of lull and still it has not happened even now (the difficulty for manual trade is not that big). On the other hand, many might want to play just for the trading aspect, and require withdrawal in order to deposit, and automatic is better than manual.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 01:31:24 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2015, 03:56:06 PM by rpietila

We had a late erroneous data import yesterday which was intended to fix some UI-related bug (after the migration was already pronounced successful).

The late import needed to be reversed from the original google DB data that was then master.

Now our situation is that the bug that caused the whole chain of events still needs to be fixed, and then the "original masterdata" reimported, and hoped that the changelog (luckily there are little changes you can do to Character table yourself) still works, else the (few) changes made to Characters in the last 18 hours will be lost.

Tongue Nothing serious, just work. It was bad luck to first test 6 hours for data validity, and then practically right after pronouncing the data as final, mess it up anyway.  Tongue

PJ and I are both working and his latest estimate is that not much is left and at 4:30 pm it should work again.

For now, it's good if you postpone login attempts before the system is back in stable mode. Once it comes back, I will immediately tell here, and then I ask you everyone to check again if your data and items are correct. While the import has been done from the same data as yesterday, reverted to the same timestamp, it must be checked again as meticulously as was already done. (Sorry about that.) Anyway this is a good way to familiarize yourself with your items, which most players have not had the opportunity to do, since in the GoogleDB there was no listing "my items only".

A large part of the time spent in fixing the issue, of course went into fixing it. (There was an issue after all, not just we wrecking our own data for the lulz.) Some went into trying to make sure the changes of the last 24h have been kept. There is a remote chance still that some change has been removed, and you must do it again, or even changed password reverted to original. Nothing of this is serious, use PM for reporting account-specific things and devthread for general impressions etc.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Syksy

Activity: 260
Merit: 105

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 02:26:13 PM

Dear co-habitants of the CryptoKingdom,

I am happy to announce that I am now also active in Ultima and figured out the basic syntax of the Agora Marketplace!

I have placed bids on a large variety of interesting items; namely due to my scholarly background, I have placed bids on numerous manuscripts and books, as well as some metal compounds. Anything related to science, alchemy or the history and structure of CryptoKingdom are of great interest to me as a practicer of datamancery.

I apologize if the bids on the literature are awkward (or even insulting to His Majesty, in this case my sincere apologies) in the light of their historical and social importance to the CryptoKingdom - I simply did not have a comparison point and wished to place a starting bid. My prices are negotiable, should any of these interesting pieces of literature become available.

Kind regards,
Datamancer Syksy
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 05:30:09 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2015, 09:43:48 PM by rpietila

- Report issues with getting in to your account to the last "transfer agent" in /CHAR "I". S/he knows how to help.
- Report all other issues to the devthread. The Wizard is reading it, fixing urgent matters on the spot and I prioritize the rest.
- Have fun in the IRC room.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 09:48:48 PM

Coinshop has listed gold to sell. There is currently 2,500 CKG for grabs. (We are also buying gold of course, current prices are 700/650).

It needs to be found, and is not very intuitive:
- Other Gold Items
- Item "HM02B100"

The other items containing gold are temporarily illiquid, sorry for that. The devside needs to balance the dynamic order placement with several other things at present. If you need to sell smaller amount of gold in other items, my intention is to buy all at the "bid" (currently, 650,000 m/CKG) but I don't have an efficient way to do it because my time needs to be divided to many concerns as well. Try to find another buyer for the gold in this situation, and conduct the trade via the exchange.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 08:22:36 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2015, 09:00:39 PM by rpietila

The feature of the day has been new listing of best bid and best ask directly in the list view. This can now be compared to listing of eg. altcoins in the exchanges, with the difference that we have 2,000+ listed items, not only a few dozen.

Theme of the day has been killing a certain bug, but now it's been killed for a few hours. It has caused some wrong results in the DB but they will be corrected after-the-fact, without (likely) any service break.

It is OK and advisable to enter the system now, change the password, and make trades.

The ones who have not yet got your account, but would like, your account will be sent to you promptly. All transfer agents are instructed to proceed with sending the accounts now. (This was delayed due to these 2 bugs).

And please tell us about what you have done in the new system! Smiley

saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 12:06:01 AM

Wine prices keep going up, while nobody selling a significant amount...I miss the glorious days where you could buy most wines for under 100k!

Tinkles

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 02:23:44 AM

Is there a demo we can download or some screenshots or something?
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2015, 02:37:11 AM

Do the rules for a HAW apply to non-ancient Barons too?

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 08:51:34 AM

Do the rules for a HAW apply to non-ancient Barons too?

Haw rules are:

- No tax from buildings
- You cannot sell your haw without special permission

Haws have been received as noble bonuses throughout the game. The last opportunity to receive haws was in 2-N where land in your possession already, was declared a haw if you did not have one. The next opportunity will be in Versailles, which is sought (by the owner, King) to become an important center.

There is intentional unclarity and "offers-that-expire" regarding haws. They are used as prizes. They are never given originally to non-nobles but may end up in their possession.

Syksy

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 09:50:16 AM

The game is currently at https://cryptokingdom.me/
but I think it's currently in semi-closed beta (rpietila knows); you can explore around in anonymous mode but I don't think the registration is open yet.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 10:48:00 AM

One of the existing players posted this screenshot in #monero, hope that helps:

Also, I think registering is currently closed for new players until they get all the bugs etc. out.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 11:56:36 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2015, 12:33:45 PM by rpietila

until they get all the bugs etc. out.

The development of the game was really started only about 70 days ago, so it is very limited with features and even they are buggy at present.

The Town Council just made a decision to designate the current environment in cryptokingdom.me TEST. This means that the changes in item balances, including money, will be erased and data in this table rolled back to the situation right after migration (it is essentially the same as still shown in GoogleDB /F_OWN, but changing that will nevertheless no more change the balance as it is a separate source).

Despite the designation, data in all other tables will be kept (unless bugs entice us to make the same decision as above).

So feel free to play around and become owner of the luxurious things you would not otherwise be! Smiley

New players will be let in once these issues are fixed + a few days, so very possibly next week.

In the beginning, there is very little to do for new players, but having them (/ you!) enables us to develop content for new players also.

Syksy

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 12:37:22 PM

The Town Council just made a decision to designate the current environment in cryptokingdom.me TEST. This means that the changes in item balances, including money, will be erased and data in this table rolled back to the situation right after migration (it is essentially the same as still shown in GoogleDB /F_OWN, but changing that will nevertheless no more change the balance as it is a separate source).

I think this sounds very reasonable, although it does make testing a bit less motivating as it's not permanent. But I just got myself a brand new, fancy red suit now then Smiley
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 02:22:23 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2015, 03:02:07 PM by rpietila

I think this sounds very reasonable, although it does make testing a bit less motivating as it's not permanent. But I just got myself a brand new, fancy red suit now then Smiley

It was not a light decision, for the reason of communication: There is no way to get the word out to people. Going back from having the Items masterdata displayed, does not of course really cause the testing to go up, but more likely causes a collapse in testing, in organization, general interest, etc.

After dedicated the last 2 weeks of my life to be 24/7 CK camp, this time slot is now ending. I will be able to allocate only about 2 hours daily. That is not much considering how many things I am involved with in game. I have distributed the work to others, then later on will again be time slots with full steam. The already contracted Ultima project is <50% done, and the game is just one year old, cf. 25 years of Civilization.

The decision to do the migration when important components were not functioning perfectly, was mine. The goal was to get more actual playing activity to the game, and those could iron out both the bugs and the UI, and get several important features out that could relieve the communication bottleneck (me).

I don't usually fall victim to democracy, this game is kind of designed to avoid it Grin Now you all (including Syksy, PJ, and the councillors) have your chance to prove that the designation of "testing environment" causes the testing and development to retain their high levels, and all the various kinds of players retain their rekindled interest. I had predicted collapse in many of the above, this did not prevent the vote going against me in the Town Council. (The alternative I had proposed to retain player interest, keep the game playable, have the markets going on, detect (and repair) bugs quicker, not lose confidence which would happen if rollback,  would have been to fix the results of erroneous trades, and fix the algorithms that produce them.)

My communication goes offline now. If I write something, they are long and far-reaching plans about the future, or very short announcements that you have to be able to understand.

Syksy

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 04:21:13 PM

My communication goes offline now. If I write something, they are long and far-reaching plans about the future, or very short announcements that you have to be able to understand.

Cheers! Thanks once again for making all this possible, I can imagine these latest days and weeks being super hectic. Even from a players' perspective (that comes outside of the community) it feels like a magnificent million building blocks moving into place bit by bit.

It's already looking really great, and as you can notice from the enthusiasm of the people around here, there's great promise of a thriving community!

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 05:12:32 PM

Queen comes to visit the Town

This has not happened ever in the history of the Kingdom. The Queen has lived with family in a faraway city and King has occasionally visited them. Now as we are in the new platform, characters such as the Prince of Soul have access to personally interact with the others, and the Queen has also expressed interest, other than being sad that husband spends his most productive 200 years in a remote and primitive place with mostly guys.

In the short term, this visit will mean that the King takes time for family, including James Daniel, 8. The visit will take 2-3 years.

The following arrangements have been made:

1. HH of NF (djjacket) has been given the unchanged password list, so he will be the last choice if your "transfer agent" has not done the job.

2. HH of NF has been nominated Mayor. As such, he is responsible for all Town actions and storytelling.

3. Marquess of White Cross (noms) is the Development Coordinator, and in this role ensures that already specified features come online, and coordinates their testing and prioritization.

newb4now

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 03:19:47 AM

Do you have any estimates about the demographic data of the players?

I am wondering if a early 1990s style game would mainly appeal to people who are older than most people inside the cryptocurrency world.

This older group may be smaller (within crypto) but it is also likely wealthier on average than the younger generation.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 08:22:11 AM

Do you have any estimates about the demographic data of the players?

I am wondering if a early 1990s style game would mainly appeal to people who are older than most people inside the cryptocurrency world.

This older group may be smaller (within crypto) but it is also likely wealthier on average than the younger generation.

Average and median age of players is close to 35. The weathiest nobles tend to be 40-60 mostly.

Afaik, most of cryptos are also owned by older guys, not those in <30s.

Karl Hungus

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 08:04:45 PM

Queen comes to visit the Town

This has not happened ever in the history of the Kingdom. The Queen has lived with family in a faraway city and King has occasionally visited them. Now as we are in the new platform, characters such as the Prince of Soul have access to personally interact with the others, and the Queen has also expressed interest, other than being sad that husband spends his most productive 200 years in a remote and primitive place with mostly guys.

In the short term, this visit will mean that the King takes time for family, including James Daniel, 8. The visit will take 2-3 years.

The following arrangements have been made:

1. HH of NF (djjacket) has been given the unchanged password list, so he will be the last choice if your "transfer agent" has not done the job.

2. HH of NF has been nominated Mayor. As such, he is responsible for all Town actions and storytelling.

3. Marquess of White Cross (noms) is the Development Coordinator, and in this role ensures that already specified features come online, and coordinates their testing and prioritization.

Enjoy your time away with the Queen HM, a well deserved break from the 'affairs of state', CK will be in very good hands with The Duke of North Face and The Marquess of White Cross while you're away!
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: