Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632640 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
noms

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 09:57:09 AM

How can I sign up for the game?

I tried signing up on cryptokingdom.me to no avail.

Hi opennux, we will be releasing the production system later today. The database will be reset very soon, so you won't want to register until after that point. Watch this space for the go-ahead.

Monero.
opennux

Activity: 231

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:38:24 AM

Hi opennux, we will be releasing the production system later today. The database will be reset very soon, so you won't want to register until after that point. Watch this space for the go-ahead.

Ok, thanks!

I already signed up on the website about a month..? ago, and I assume I can use the same email/account?
noms

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:47:12 AM

Ok, thanks!

I already signed up on the website about a month..? ago, and I assume I can use the same email/account?

you can try that, but it is possible you will need to sign up again as we are doing a database restore from the google sheets.

Monero.
noms

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 08:59:34 PM

Crypto Kingdom Ultima is now live!

We are live! Go ahead and log in Smiley The url is http://cryptokingdom.me

Your password should be the same as the one that was sent to you before, we have not updated. If, for some reason, they don't work, email SirJacket and he will be able to send to you.

Monero.
Syksy

Activity: 260
Merit: 105

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 09:18:24 PM

Wohoo, congratulations everyone! Cheesy
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 09:28:39 PM

Gamemaster Announcement: Health Challenge, Foods and Drinks, etc.

We are now living 1609, and get to play the trading game any moment now.

This weekend, the year change to 1610 will happen (double-year) with at minimum every mandatory payment (taxes, consols). During this I will get the experience about what the year change will entail in the future, and the script will be made which will take care of it the next year.

Change to 1611 should happen with script.

During 1611 (last week of October), the Health Challenge will be levied to all PC (characters excl corporations). It is actually fully specified here. In addition to drinks, now also foods can be consumed. Much can be read from the link, in addition it is important to know that it is generally believed that eating vegetables compared to not eating, brings the greatest benefit to health. Upgrading the food and adding drinks are incremental benefits. (Before even considering to do anything else, make sure you can and will fill your food quota with veggies, though not necessary do it as your first thing).

New Drinks and Foods

CXO extra old cognac 1,200 bottles have been allocated to the people who labored for the bugfixes:
Wizard
SirJacket
Noms
Mooo

and the 2 characters I still wonder how they poured out their all to help the poor in the plague:
Soul
Cryptonic.

Everyone gets 200 bottles, and the Town cost basis (0.3 mil per) must be paid but if they don't want them, the King will put a floor bid at 0.33.

W1608, W1609 are available for convert from IC. Due to deficiency of routines in Ultima yet, I give you 48 hours to express your wishes (here  Tongue )
W1608 you get 6 bottles per IC + 10,000/bottle tax
W1609 you get 12 bottles per IC + tax

This is the last chance to order TS160 silver coins, and they must be ordered in lots of 5, which costs 30 IC and 1 coin is retained as tax by the Town.

Foods will be the ones specified over 200 years ago, with the exception that we have vegetables instead of potatoes:

VEG
MEAT
FOIE
CAV

Vegetables are produced locally and lower-level characters actually grow them in the public land between boroughs (get for free). In addition, they will come to market by growers (system sells to the market). Vegetable balances are reduced to half in the spring (Wed).

Meat is brought from further afield and some characters get it as proceeds from hunting (those selected for historical actions). Mainly it comes to market though and must be bought. Meat is conserved and durable.

Foie Gras is a special delicacy of the King and is compact and brought as tribute from the furthest corners of the Kingdom. Characters will be allocated their quota based on their possession of counties and duchies, army strength and activity. Some may probably offer it for sale via the market as well. Foie Gras is conserved and durable.

Caviar, the mythical health food, is still looking for distribution. What we know for sure is that it is delicious and spoils very quickly.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 11:53:55 PM

King's Coinshop is in operation

One of the things I most yearned after - King's Coinshop - has resumed operations and has listed 1,500*HM02B100's (total: 150,000 CKG) for sale in an exponential ladder. Also about 20,000 mil is committed in bids for 150,000 CKG. Spread is 4%.

Gold midprice is currently 720,000 m/CKG.

Coinshop bids and asks are currently updated manually so it takes a while before it reacts to market changes by narrowing the spread back to 4%. Entering the orders is very quick, it is only that I won't be checking it constantly.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 04:14:04 PM

Foie Gras (item FOIE) is being brought to the Town as tribute in awe of our
1) longstanding counties and duchies in the countryside
2) standing army
3) active gameplay.

All nobles have been evaluated according to these criteria and the Foie Gras will be shared in the principle of fairness in the following proportions:

HM The King   199
HH The Duke of New Liberty   51
HH of North Face   43
HSH The Duke of OZ   36
HE The Prince of Soul   27
Ale of Nassau   22
The Marquess of White Cross   21
HG The Prince-Bishop   18
HE The Prince of Ramsey   16
HRH The Prince Royal   15
HE The Prince of Forte Spagnolo   14
HE The Marquess of CryptoLuna   14
Sir James   13
Roopatra The Marchioness of Neverland   12
Sir Riddick, The Earl of Savannah   10
The Marquess of Rome   8
Lord Crichton   8
Sir Heimo, The Earl of Sarajas   7
The Marquess of Grass   6
The Marquess of Naoned   6
Lord Cryptoknight   5
Sir Hokusai, The Earl of Ghibli   4
Lord Febo   4
Knight serje   4
Knight Cryptonic   4
Knight Gabriel   4
Sir Pablo   3
Lord iluvbitcoins   2
Lord dnaleor   2
Lord Lloyd   2
Lord Callixtus   2
Lord Thud   2
Lord Baron, Dr. HS-S   2
Lord Paul Jr   2
Lord Troy   2
Dame Leila   2
Lord drfred   1
Baroness Asenath   1
Knight othe   1
Knight tacotime   1
Knight eizh   1
Knight NoodleDoodle   1
Knight AdamWhite   1
Knight Haruki   1

Commoners are eligible to buy FOIE on the market, since some nobles get more than they need and others seek to gain income which they do not receive from the town (unlike commoners who do).

The total "shares" in FOIE distribution equal 600. The likely amount of "dividend" per year is 1-5 units per share.

Roopatra

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 04:46:22 PM

W1608, W1609 are available for convert from IC. Due to deficiency of routines in Ultima yet, I give you 48 hours to express your wishes (here  Tongue )

Roo would like to buy:
W1608 with 100 IC --> 600 bottles
W1609 with 81 IC --> 972 bottles
djjacket

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 05:03:10 PM

Duke of NF would like to buy:
W1608 with 300 IC --> 1800 bottles
W1609 with 100 IC --> 1200 bottles

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 07:14:26 PM

Crichton would like to buy:
W1609 with 100 IC --> 1200 bottles

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 10:08:22 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2015, 10:37:01 PM by rpietila

I admire the consistency of the posters above.

I needed to explain some fundamentals in another place, so it could be warranted to repeat them here. Oldies have heard about them many times, but I have got the impression that there are some new ones seeking to make sense of it.

World

We are building an alternative world. It is completely independent of the place called "outside world". There are some ways of interaction provided for characters that may or may not have a presence in outside world as well. For humans, the main way for interaction is cryptokingdom.me "Ultima gaming platform". Other interfaces exist as well. Ingame actions may only be taken via the channels existing.

State of the World

The state of the world contains everything that is known of the world at a given time. At present, the state of the world is kept in "Ultima database", which is centralized. Backups of previous states of the world are kept. Ultimately the validity of the data is ensured by player consensus - the game state is completely public, so any suspicious things can be reported and investigated. Changelogs are kept, which clearly reveal where suspicious activity occurred, when, and by whom. This is deemed enough for now - the principle kept us going for a year in a public google document where everyone (who asked) got unlimited write access.

Gold

Owners of gold (CKG) select the Town Council, governing body of of the Town Corporation.

Governance

The Town Council makes the rules of the game and appoints Gamemaster (GM) and Mayor.

Gamemaster and admins

Gamemaster is the head of admins, and their job is to keep the game going, provide ingame content, manage data, help players, etc. Gamemaster is the ultimate authority who decides the State of the World if any dispute arises for any reason. Admin ranks are:
- Gamemaster
- Senior Admin (practically same permissions)
- Junior Admin (lower permission).

Senior Admins belong to the Ancient Order of the King.

Mayor

Mayor leads the Town and chairs the Council.

King

King is the big bully who has massive influence because he was in so early, is so wealthy and well-connected and holds all the other positions. Also many game conventions give favors to the King. On the balancing side, it is a full time job, and requires being married to the Kingdom and always putting the Kingdom's happiness before personal. Also he owns 40% of the gold, but half of that is tied up in the Coinshop, and cannot be sold at will. Similarly 25,000 XMR is on deposit only guaranteeing the solvency of the coinshop. Just today he gave 5,000 XMR loan to the town to make CON market making (causing it to be tied up so once again money thrown to the game without withdrawal option). The King is a person, the soul of the game. The next King will have very different way of reigning. This one sticks to "le roi gouverne par lui-même" as far as it feels best for the Kingdom. (In reality, the role of King has suffered a lot because of my other roles, and I await to get a bit more depth.)

Lead Designer and designers

Lead Designer decides the datatypes and scripts that are implemented to contain and change the State of the World. Designers (currently: none but Thud did earn a few kCKG by designing Ultima) help the lead designer.

Lead Developer and developers

Lead Developer (Wizard Developer P.J.) is responsible to the Lead Designer for the implementation of the new features, and currently also maintains the system storing the State of the World. Other developers and contributors help him. There are currently no developers, except the lead, who receive monetary compensation.

Investing

Both time and money can be invested, and time in two ways:
- Being in early
- Spending time to optimize game.

We are 100 players and are aiming at millions, so congratulations: you are fabulously early. The downside is that you need to put some effort to hang on, and things will change a lot for a long time still. Spending time to optimize game, I don't know if it is possible to make real-world salaries ($5 or more per hour), hopefully not, because otherwise the Asians will sap us dry very soon Wink Previously architecting made me about $30 per hour, now paused. Wealth managing for other players and working as ingame admin are about $10 per hour.

I wrote at length about how to invest in liquid investments (the only ones that you can safely buy however much, and the rules don't change as long as the World exists, and you can sell them at market 24/7).

"Consol rate" is 68%, which means by and large that other game investments are expected to provide a higher return per realyear. The first year gave about 10x despite all the difficulties.

Gold and urban land have been specially guaranteed that they cannot be unilaterally taken by gamemaster actions (eg. "band of marauders"). It is unlikely that financials would, either.

Game existence

Continued existence of the game is the prerequisite of getting any return. Therefore it is good to know what it means for the game to "exist". It means that there has to be a Gamemaster who can judge the State of the World. The Gamemaster needs to be appointed by the Town Council, and that has to be appointed by the gold owners (which in very extreme cases are arbitrated by the Gamemaster, since gold is an ingame item).

A lesser concern is that it is good to have some ways to store and alter the State of the World. Many have been used already and the choice of the storage medium does not itself alter the State of the World in any way. Even in the unlikely event that all copies of the recent backups of the State of the World in mass storage media have been destroyed, the Council and Gamemaster are free (nay, obliged) to create it from memory and judge it to be master.

Purchasing gold, aside from a historically good investment, is also a stake in a better world. Ultimately, if for a reason or another a fork happens, meaning that 2 or more large groups of gold owners cannot contact each other and no medium exists to communicate the changes to the State of the World, both may select a Town Council and decide whether to pause the game or continue, etc. When communication is restored, a unified Town Council is elected, Gamemaster appointed and State of the World decided.

Deposit

The game grants licenses to operate depositories, which allow cryptocurrency to be imported into the game (and withdrawn). These depositories are not operated by the game, but by the independent contractors. Every such depository poses a large risk for operator scam, hack, theft, and government operation. Although we allow the depository shares of these to circulate in the game as a payment medium ("money", "m"), at the instant that there is irregularity in the operation or the viewable balance of the depository address differs from the number of ingame shares issued, the shares will be frozen and situation investigated. Even in the event of total loss, all the holders of such depository shares will lose all, but the game will continue as usual. (A helpful thing to understand is that the game market cap is about 10x the sum total of all the money balances, and that only 1/3 of these balances belong to "real" players, the rest being systemic hoards. So as massive an event as losing all the deposits only represents 3-10% of the marketcap and can be remedied).

If you still want to deposit, your only choice now is BCT:saddambitcoin, who manually issues you a XMR payment address.

Outside world

Nothing that the outside world does, has any effect in the game. Since the game has no presence in the outside world, we cannot return correspondence. In important matters outside world may incorporate themselves in the game and play according to the same rules as everyone else. (Remember: We also were outside world, once.) Playing under the influence of outside world is strictly prohibited. If outside world pressures you regarding game matters, stop playing (or caring about outside world).

saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 11:18:20 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2015, 12:30:30 AM by saddambitcoin

looking to buy 100-200 IC asap...

kronicblazer

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 11:38:34 PM

kronicblazer would like to buy:
W1608 with 100 IC --> 600 bottles
W1609 with 16 IC --> 192 bottles
djjacket

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 11:45:37 PM

looking to buy 100-200 IC asap...

I can prob sell you some...
Karl Hungus

Activity: 212

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 12:26:36 AM

This is the last chance to order TS160 silver coins, and they must be ordered in lots of 5, which costs 30 IC and 1 coin is retained as tax by the Town.

OZ would like to buy:

W1608 with 400 IC --> 2400 bottles
W1609 with 200 IC --> 2400 bottles
TS160 silver coins with 150 IC --> 25 coins (less tax)

saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 12:37:59 AM

Saddam would like to buy:

W1608 with 169 IC => 1014 bottles
W1609 with 200 IC => 2400 bottles

Riddick would like:

W1608 with 32 IC => 192 bottles

Gabriel as well:

W1609 with 6 IC => 12 bottles

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 09:29:26 AM

Gamemaster announcement - IPO for White Wine item dividend shares - 24 hours

Wow, the demand for wine is strong, and the messengers are working full time to source the needs from France, who cannot guarantee supply except until the 48 h from the relevant ANN post (I think a few hours remaining, and the IC must be in your account upon year_change).

The messengers of the merchants have stopped in the taverns in land of Germania, on the way. Their land is in a sad condition after the ravages of war and they seek to ramp up their wine production. We have not enjoyed the Germanian wines in the past, because they are white, and we have had access to vodka in case white is desired.

But now things are a-changing: France prices and logistics costs are up (previously 1 IC->12 btl included tax, now it doesn't) and VODka is made in bad water and has not proven to very popular. Anyone who knows the French knows they are not giving their land away nor accepting foreign investments, we should be grateful even to be able to buy from them...

Technically the concept what we are ramping up is an item dividend share. In the past we have had pool shares that produce a prorated dividend in money, common shares that also do the same, yet are tradable directly unlike pool shares that have been tied to other qualities and whose quantity (as well as payout) is calculated yearly, and also a fixed monetary payout share CON. The first item payout is FOIS, the holders of which get FOIE annually. That is not permanent, though - when countryside becomes implemented, the system changes.

The Germanian opportunity now is a professionally organized (that is what they are good at) white wine producing vineyard. The investment is outside the reach of influence of anyone but the gamemaster, so does not grant any voting rights. The number of shares is not limited, they will expand operations in relation to the capital raised. Each share gets the same number of bottles of W16xxW wines annually, or if the quality is deemed insufficient, some years will not produce anything (not worth it to pay the town tax which the owner must pay upon import - in this case the next dividend is more quantity since they drink the bad stuff themselves and credit it to us with more good stuff). It takes a few years before any production, but once it starts, the estimate is 10 bottles per share on average.

It is possible that the shares "WW" will be available in later offerings, based on the then market price. In this IPO the share price is 5 mil per share. Minimum subscription is 20 shares (100 mil) however. Those interested in smaller stakes can buy in the aftermarket when it becomes available. There is no maximum. If W16xxW will become available to purchase by direct import, it will be fungible (same) as the W16xxW received as a dividend of these shares.

Only 24 hours are given to respond. The money goes to the devfund.

Syksy

Activity: 260
Merit: 105

A Lingering Ghost

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 09:31:33 AM

I needed to explain some fundamentals in another place, so it could be warranted to repeat them here. Oldies have heard about them many times, but I have got the impression that there are some new ones seeking to make sense of it.

Thank you, I for one found this (along with your "Liquid investments in the game") highly useful, as I am still a newcomer to the game. In my opinion this, and similar posts, could already be sticky'd or incorporated to in-/out-game wikis as-is copy-pasted. Right now the initial monero investment is perhaps not the biggest challenge for a newcomer - understanding CK, its fundamentals and how to properly enter and operate in it were more challenging at least for me.
Roopatra

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 09:39:25 AM

Gamemaster announcement - IPO for White Wine item dividend shares - 24 hours
In this IPO the share price is 5 mil per share. Minimum subscription is 20 shares (100 mil) however.

Roo would like to buy 20 shares @ 5mil.
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: