Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:53:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 [497] 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347500 times)
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 06:08:39 AM

Yeah, similar issues with SP's private decred. I'm getting 100% accept with stratum. Getwork is still buggy, just like with Tpruvots.

Something I've been reading up, from the Suprnova thread on the Decred forums:

Quote from: ocminer
This is a confirmed bug in cgminer on windows. It affects all pools. This flags seem to help:

--no-submit-stale --scan-time 2 --queue 0

Unknown-work means you are sending work back to the pool that was never requested - thats why it gets rejected, on windows cgminer seems to wrong calculation of the hash sometimes which results in this behavior.

It will probably get fixed in one of the future releases, or simply try the flags above.

However, CCminer doesn't support any of the above options besides 'scan time', so you can't tweak the other two options.

Putting all of the issues with accepted shares aside. Does anyone have problems with the miner speed not matching pool speed? Tpruvot and SP's miner show 25% faster hashrate then the pool is showing, even with close to 100% accepted shares. The only place I've seen the pool speed show up correctly is yiimp. MNpool also has the same speed issue. This is averaged over about 24hours so it's not a outlier.

SP, not sure if you saw cryptominingblog today, but they were talking about improving performance by using compute 3.5, at least it works that way with Blake-14, have you tried it with Decred? I assume it may yield similar results as Decred also uses Blake.

http://cryptomining-blog.com/

My kernal is compiled with cuda 7.5. Cuda 6.5 is 10% slower

Compute 3.5 on 6.5. You can read the post on the link.

We have compiled ccMiner 1.7.4 tpruvot’s fork Windows binary in a version with the optimal settings for mining Vanillacoin (VNL) on more recent Nvidia-based GPUs as suggested by Alexis Provos and with his performance optimizations as implemented by tpruvot in the latest code. This Windows binary is a 32-bit one compiled with CUDa 6.5 and only with Compute 3.5 support as apparently this provides the optimal performance at least on Maxwell-based Nvidia GPUs (Faster than using Compute 5.2 on them). Below you can also see a comparison that we did with Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 from Gigabyte (WF3OC) and a reference design Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti to see the difference in performance with the regular version when using CUDA 7.5 and Compute 5.2 and with the optimized CUDA 6.5 and Compute 3.5 version available for download below. Do note that although this binary will work with other algorithms as well as the Blake 256 8-rounds used by VanillaCoin it may not provide the optimal performance for other algorithms as it is targeted to provide the best VNL mining hashrate.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 06:52:46 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2016, 08:19:23 AM by sp_

We have compiled ccMiner 1.7.4 tpruvot’s fork Windows binary in a version with the optimal settings for mining Vanillacoin (VNL) on more recent Nvidia-based GPUs as suggested by Alexis Provos and with his performance optimizations as implemented by tpruvot in the latest code. This Windows binary is a 32-bit one compiled with CUDa 6.5 and only with Compute 3.5 support as apparently this provides the optimal performance at least on Maxwell-based Nvidia GPUs (Faster than using Compute 5.2 on them). Below you can also see a comparison that we did with Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 from Gigabyte (WF3OC) and a reference design Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti to see the difference in performance with the regular version when using CUDA 7.5 and Compute 5.2 and with the optimized CUDA 6.5 and Compute 3.5 version available for download below. Do note that although this binary will work with other algorithms as well as the Blake 256 8-rounds used by VanillaCoin it may not provide the optimal performance for other algorithms as it is targeted to provide the best VNL mining hashrate.

This is interesting thanks for the tip. Never thought compute 3.5 could be bether. My kernal is tuned for compute 5.0  and cuda 7.5 32bit. I will be surpriced if it goes faster With compute 3.5, but Worth a try. But there is a difference between vanillacoin and decred...

(The article write 7% more hash with 12% more power. with compute 3.5)
(The decred sp-mod private #1 has 10-15% more hash with 0% more power)

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
Vaccomondus

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 11:20:09 AM

this does not support blake2s?
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 06:04:28 AM

So other people have about -25% speed consistently pool side compared to miners on Decred?

I understand there is variance, but this is consistently over days. I have about 98% accepted shares. Seems to be the same on both getwork and stratum.

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 06:27:07 AM

This is interesting thanks for the tip. Never thought compute 3.5 could be bether. My kernal is tuned for compute 5.0  and cuda 7.5 32bit. I will be surpriced if it goes faster With compute 3.5, but Worth a try. But there is a difference between vanillacoin and decred...

sp ...

i had already mentioned this above requisite to you when testing ... did you not see what i wrote? ...

cuda 6.5 compute 3.5 - which is the optimum hashrate that particular miner gets under those compilation parameters ...

but most have an environment of cuda 7.5 and compile with compute 5.2 with your fork anyway - and my environment is the same ... so i cant use anything that does not have any real gain from cuda 7.5 compute 5.2 ...

this is why the version you will bring out - that DOES compile and increase hashrate in cuda 7.5 compute 5.2 - will be the one that is worth the effort to compile ...

im still interested in the optimizations done in that environment - NOT - in cuda 6.5 compute 3.5 ... no way am i reverting back to that ...

so if you can still bring out optimizations with the latest 'stuff' - ill still be interested ...

tanx ...

#crysx

bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 07:03:32 AM

sp ...

i had already mentioned this above requisite to you when testing ... did you not see what i wrote? ...

cuda 6.5 compute 3.5 - which is the optimum hashrate that particular miner gets under those compilation parameters ...

but most have an environment of cuda 7.5 and compile with compute 5.2 with your fork anyway - and my environment is the same ... so i cant use anything that does not have any real gain from cuda 7.5 compute 5.2 ...

this is why the version you will bring out - that DOES compile and increase hashrate in cuda 7.5 compute 5.2 - will be the one that is worth the effort to compile ...

im still interested in the optimizations done in that environment - NOT - in cuda 6.5 compute 3.5 ... no way am i reverting back to that ...

so if you can still bring out optimizations with the latest 'stuff' - ill still be interested ...

tanx ...

#crysx

So this is some ass backwards post to convince him to use some other version of compute that fits your needs? I mentioned it because cryptominingblog did testing on it. It's a special case. Nothing to do with you unless you mentioned this exact same thing somewhere else.

Seriously bro... Who cares what you're interested in and why should we?

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 07:35:19 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2016, 08:05:45 AM by chrysophylax

sp ...

tanx ...

#crysx

So this is some ass backwards post to convince him to use some other version of compute that fits your needs? I mentioned it because cryptominingblog did testing on it. It's a special case. Nothing to do with you unless you mentioned this exact same thing somewhere else.

do eveyone a favour bensam ( including your wife and kids ) and die in a corner somewhere ...

sp KNOWS what im talking about - its got nothing to do with YOU ...

'seriously bro' - im not interested in your musings nor the attacks that you continuously regurgitate on a consistent level ... damn! ...

you are so lucky you LIVE behind a profile - and not in my face right this minute - or you would have a piece of mind the australian way ... you are just bloody pathetic ...

there are things that get done outside of the public eye - and you of all people should know that ... always complaining and crying about private this and farm that ...

who the hell do you think 'one' of those people who were testing these optimizations were - LONG before they hit the critics? ...

twat! ...

#crysx

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 08:29:03 AM

I have sendt decred sp-mod #2 to the donators. This is forked from 1.7.4 and contains some bugfixes and a new kernal. I get 10-15% higher rates on the pool with this version compared to release #1.

Happy mining

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 08:31:16 AM

I have sendt decred sp-mod #2 to the donators. This is forked from 1.7.4 and contains some bugfixes and a new kernal. I get 10-15% higher rates on the pool with this version compared to release #1.

Happy mining

tanx sp ...

#crysx

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 09:02:08 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2016, 12:03:37 PM by sp_

Here are my testrigs on yiimp.ccminer.org with sp-mod #2 mining decred

Only 0.1 BTC donation for the windows subscription  guys. Mine while it's hot.

Yiimp is currently paying 0.0090/GHASH

My profit is up from

0,18BTC / DAY  (20GHASH)

to

0,225 / DAY      (25GHASH)

fenomenhaa

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 11:44:06 AM

Happy mining
Recieved Thank you Sp

▄▀▀▀▄
   ▄▀▀▀▄   █   █   ▄▀▀▀▄
   █   █    ▀█▀    █   █
    ▀▀▀▀▄    ▀    ▄▀▀▀▀
DE]   ██▀▀▀█▄   ▀▀█   █
 ▀▀▀      ██▄▄▄█▀      ▀▀▀
        ▄   ▀ ▀   ▄
   ▄▀▀▀█     █     █▀▀▀▄
   █   █   ▄▀▀▀▄   █   █
    ▀▀▀    █   █    ▀▀▀
            ▀▀▀
          ▄▄█▄█▄[/color]
▄▀▀▀▄     ██   ██     ▄▀▀▀▄
█   █▀▀[color=#2C97
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████  ██████
██████  ██████
██████  ██████
██████  ██████  ██████
██████  ██████  ██████
██████  ██████  ██████
██████  ██████  ██████
██████  ██████  ██████
██████  ██████  ██████
✓  SUPER FAST TRANSACTION
✓  USER-FRIENDLY INTERFACE
✓  FAST & EASY REGISTRATION
▄██████
███▀▀▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███▄▄▄▄
▀██████
JOIN AFFILIATE PROGRAM
UP TO 50% COMMISSIONS
██████▄
▀▀▀▀███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄▄███
██████▀
CrazyRussian

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 03:54:39 PM

Sent you donation 0.1BTC Smiley

TxId: 3a7c0032fab87d98d2e956422385339186d57bf7679455698d29c9e5ff2e37fb
Epsylon3
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082

ccminer/cpuminer developer

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 04:29:35 PM

My fork was based on 1.7.3 wich have issues. I need to refork 1.7.4 and make a new build
but you sold it and knew it had issues? LOLOL money hungry asshole once again.

I have only modded the cuda code. My subscribers will get updates. Fixes where submitted in the stratum/c++ code afterwards(github)

there was not a bunch of commits since the 1.7.3 :p

BTC: 1FhDPLPpw18X4srecguG3MxJYe4a1JsZnd - My Projects: ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp - Forum threads : ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 05:25:40 PM

sp ...

tanx ...

#crysx

do eveyone a favour bensam ( including your wife and kids ) and die in a corner somewhere ...

sp KNOWS what im talking about - its got nothing to do with YOU ...

'seriously bro' - im not interested in your musings nor the attacks that you continuously regurgitate on a consistent level ... damn! ...

you are so lucky you LIVE behind a profile - and not in my face right this minute - or you would have a piece of mind the australian way ... you are just bloody pathetic ...

there are things that get done outside of the public eye - and you of all people should know that ... always complaining and crying about private this and farm that ...

who the hell do you think 'one' of those people who were testing these optimizations were - LONG before they hit the critics? ...

twat! ...

#crysx

You're talking about SP not compiling for nix and not using the version you want?

Eat a dick dude. Violence is the easy way to settle problems because it requires a small mind, small intellect, and little to no resolve.

You just said that '3.2 isn't what he should use'. Have you tested 3.2 with Decred or Vanilla? This is particular specifically to blake and Cryptominingblog did testing on this. It's not what's better overall. This is a very specific scenario. Has nothing to do with you or what you've told Sp is always the best version, but you didn't read my post and tried to take credit for something you had nothing to do with.

I don't even know if it'll work with Decred, but I mentioned it because it works with Vanillacoin as per CMB's blog entry.

Happy mining

Confirmed getting the correct speeds on pools now give or take -5%ish.

Vaccomondus

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 05:51:09 PM

i'm doing only 400h with a 970 for monero, why so low? i'm using old miner from tsv
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 05:54:32 PM

Sent you donation 0.1BTC Smiley

TxId: 3a7c0032fab87d98d2e956422385339186d57bf7679455698d29c9e5ff2e37fb

Thanks. Pm your email adress and I will send it.

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 05:57:33 PM

i'm doing only 400h with a 970 for monero, why so low? i'm using old miner from tsv

My private is doing around 470. With oc 500. Still slow...(botnets makes it not profitable)

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 06:01:10 PM

Confirmed getting the correct speeds on pools now give or take -5%ish.

I am working on version 3. Another free boost for the donators. Version 2 is only tuned for 750ti.

This is not the limit.

bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 07:00:55 AM

At the rate Ethereum difficulty is growing, once it goes PoS there is going to be some huge fallout among the other cryptos. Hopefully it never goes PoS and the price comes down a bit to balance things out a bit. The other GPU cryptos can't handle this if it falls apart. Next biggest GPU coin is pretty much Decred and Vanilla. Even combined there is no way they can handle the hash.

Someone needs to make a chart, but based on Eth growth rates, I would say global GPU mining has increased by about 30% in the last two weeks.

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 07:13:01 AM

Yesterday I managed to push decred up to 537MHASH(+3.8%) on the asus strix 750ti.(1260 core) But it use more cpu power, so my celeron based rigs are struggleing with 6 cards.. (same problem as in release #1) The cpu is used for precalculation of the first round. Release #2 has no precalc of the first round.

I will try some stuff in the weekend, and hopefully release version 3.

Pages: « 1 ... 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 [497] 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: