Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:26:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Payout Updates] Bitcoinica site is taken offline for security investigation  (Read 156644 times)
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 12:53:23 PM

People wanting to know about their claims status should email:

bitcoinica.reimburse@gmail.com

I set it up so me and Donald can answer queries and have a record we can check, as opposed to my not so good riseup email.
quick general question: when will the other half be payed out? 

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
genjix (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 12:54:41 PM

People wanting to know about their claims status should email:

bitcoinica.reimburse@gmail.com

I set it up so me and Donald can answer queries and have a record we can check, as opposed to my not so good riseup email.
quick general question: when will the other half be payed out? 

After we've paid everyone we intend to pay, their initial 50%. Then afterwards we double back and refund the remaining 50%.

BTW, I'm getting lots of forum PMs. I cannot respond to them in an efficient way. Please use: bitcoinica.reimburse@gmail.com
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 01:01:22 PM

Oh, what's this? I was right again about Bitcoinica that they'd be paying out and everyone who was so busy trashing them is a fucking goon? Yea, big surprise there. When will this community stop trashing that which it doesn't understand? It's like watching the entire world's history on fast forward. Can we get to the 1900s yet?

With all due respect Matthew... 50% of SOME of the btc deposits is not an acceptable solution to this issue after 3 months. Piss-poor communication, no consistency, vague and contradictory answers if any at all when straightforward questions are asked? I'm going to stay on the side of the goons until everybody is made whole. It's encouraging to see some movement and some actual recoveries, but a couple of hundred 40-50 btc payments is not the tens of thousands at issue here.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2012, 02:01:17 PM

Oh, what's this? I was right again about Bitcoinica that they'd be paying out and everyone who was so busy trashing them is a fucking goon? Yea, big surprise there. When will this community stop trashing that which it doesn't understand? It's like watching the entire world's history on fast forward. Can we get to the 1900s yet?

With all due respect Matthew... 50% of SOME of the btc deposits is not an acceptable solution to this issue after 3 months. Piss-poor communication, no consistency, vague and contradictory answers if any at all when straightforward questions are asked? I'm going to stay on the side of the goons until everybody is made whole. It's encouraging to see some movement and some actual recoveries, but a couple of hundred 40-50 btc payments is not the tens of thousands at issue here.

+1 with the utmost respect to Matthew as well.

~BrunO~
dopamine

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 02:06:52 AM

How many claims are you guys processing a day haven't got anything yet...

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 02:28:54 PM

Are you guys getting responses to requests for updates via the several email address, or the latest one, posted here?  I've emailed several times over the past several weeks (months?) and haven't gotten a single response.  The only emails I've received from any bitcoinica related email address are automated, and have been requests to update my claims page.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Mushoz

Activity: 686

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 02:41:20 PM

Are you guys getting responses to requests for updates via the several email address, or the latest one, posted here?  I've emailed several times over the past several weeks (months?) and haven't gotten a single response.  The only emails I've received from any bitcoinica related email address are automated, and have been requests to update my claims page.

I've gotten a response 5 times now, and they were all really fast. I used Genjix Riseup email-address: genjix@riseup.net

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 03:39:50 PM

I've gotten a response 5 times now, and they were all really fast. I used Genjix Riseup email-address: genjix@riseup.net

Hmm, I've used that one, the bitcoinica one, and the newest one over the past several weeks and haven't heard a thing back.  What are you including in your requests?  Have you been sending them your bitcoinica claim ID?  I've been hesitant to put that in there, but since nobody is responding at all I don't have a clue what they expect from me.  Amir?

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 03:44:53 PM

Hmm, I've used that one, the bitcoinica one, and the newest one over the past several weeks and haven't heard a thing back.  What are you including in your requests?  Have you been sending them your bitcoinica claim ID?  I've been hesitant to put that in there, but since nobody is responding at all I don't have a clue what they expect from me.  Amir?

Why wouldn't you include your claim ID? This way he can find you much faster. At some point you need to trust someone. I included my ID and other account related information. I received half of my BTC without further notice.
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 04:03:13 PM

Why wouldn't you include your claim ID? This way he can find you much faster. At some point you need to trust someone. I included my ID and other account related information. I received half of my BTC without further notice.

When I got my claim ID I was told not to tell any one so I did not. All they need is the e-mail coming from the e-mail address of your account.

Thanks.

We should make a FAQ in a different thread on how to deal with this mess.

Yes, that's why I wasn't including my claim ID.  I would think they can associate my email with my claim ID easy enough, and it isn't as if I'm requesting sensitive information.  I just want to know if somebody is evening listening.  What's the status of my claim?  Is there some trust issue with me?  If there is, let me know what it is so I can address it.  As it stands, I've been totally left in the dark despite providing all sorts of contact info, MtGox codes and transaction records, and a correct password...

teek

Activity: 667

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 04:15:32 PM

Yes, that's why I wasn't including my claim ID.  I would think they can associate my email with my claim ID easy enough, and it isn't as if I'm requesting sensitive information.  I just want to know if somebody is evening listening.  What's the status of my claim?  Is there some trust issue with me?  If there is, let me know what it is so I can address it.  As it stands, I've been totally left in the dark despite providing all sorts of contact info, MtGox codes and transaction records, and a correct password...

+1  - starting to get  annoyed.  I've got hundreds of BTC tied up in this mess and so far the responses I have received, though polite, have been discouraging.  So far they cannot seem to even find my account from the sounds of it.  Considering I had an account since basically the first day Bitcoinica opened I am not sure how that is possible, even a db dump from months ago would have me in there.  Also the claims page did seem to verify my password.. it didn't give me the missing hash error or whatever that other people have reported.  Also I had a large open position, that would be WAY in the money right now, and I had some USD in there too that is now way out of the money.  Between paper losses, and lost opportunity.. I am starting to hit my patience limit, and I didn't even make a peep until these last few days so I think I have been pretty patient to let them sort out this unfortunate situation.  I really don't want to join the mob with pitchforks but man.. 

Mushoz

Activity: 686

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 06:10:50 PM

This is the mail I've sent him (Including his reply):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Your status is marked as accurate.

>
> Dear Genjix,
>
> I'm sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if you could tell me the
> verification status of my account?
> Thank you very much in advance!
>
> Yours sincerely,
>
> Xxxxxxx Xxxxxxxxx AKA "Mushoz"
>

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 07:12:08 PM

This is the mail I've sent him (Including his reply):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Your status is marked as accurate.

>
> Dear Genjix,
>
> I'm sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if you could tell me the
> verification status of my account?
> Thank you very much in advance!
>
> Yours sincerely,
>
> Xxxxxxx Xxxxxxxxx AKA "Mushoz"
>

Ah, I see the problem.  I haven't been starting with "Dear Genjix".

bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 07:43:20 PM

They should notify people whose claims have been confirmed as accurate. And if they can't, then request mtgox codes or extra information. If they would lead the process they wouldn't be inundated with emails.

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 08:11:36 PM

They should notify people whose claims have been confirmed as accurate.

Absolutely.

And they should notify people whose claims have not been confirmed as accurate, along with a list of recommended actions.
EnergyVampire

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 08:16:16 PM

If Bitcoinica's business model was viable, why shut it down? Why not fix the security problem and use the business profits to replace the stolen funds?

flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 08:30:44 PM

If Bitcoinica's business model was viable, why shut it down? Why not fix the security problem and use the business profits to replace the stolen funds?

the "security problem" was a mail-server combined with unsecure hosting password-reset workflows.
genjix said the code quality was poor (ZT said otherwise)

and please dont forget that they lost parts of their database. i guess this is the main problem as it seems they already have all stolen funds replaced.

i really hope that bitconica comes back - but i am sure they'll recode it in a well-known (by them) language.
i would really like if the "new" bitconica uses mtgox and intersango for hedging (*hint* we love low spreads)

but please keep the ease-of-use ZT was able to build!
genjix (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 09:34:27 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2012, 09:52:58 PM by genjix

They should notify people whose claims have been confirmed as accurate.

Absolutely.

And they should notify people whose claims have not been confirmed as accurate, along with a list of recommended actions.

When something is needed, we contact the people to ask them. It's hard to know ahead of time.
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 10:46:17 PM

Who is dense enough to still do business with them?

I'm grumpy!!
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050

You are WRONG!

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 05:46:41 AM

Who is dense enough to still do business with them?
i would. mtgox fucked up last year, and they are still doing pretty good.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: