Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:02:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115841 times)
nowhere man

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 03:50:45 PM

I am billybigpotatoes in polonibox. Check my post history if you like. I'm not anti factom. I haven't got the funds or influence to manipulate the price. This could be quite easily fixed by some comms from the dev team. Which we won't get.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MisfiringNeuron

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 03:53:13 PM

I am billybigpotatoes in polonibox. Check my post history if you like. I'm not anti factom. I haven't got the funds or influence to manipulate the price. This could be quite easily fixed by some comms from the dev team. Which we won't get.

Have you tried contacting them privately?

LOL
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 03:54:34 PM

I don't say that you manipulate. But the moves in the orderbook are so massive. I saw that hundreds of Bitcoins on the buyside were pulled and now it's back at about 900 BTC.

Something like that doesn't happen in some seconds without manipulative intention.
Embat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 501

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 03:57:16 PM

https://github.com/FactomProject/factomd

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
GrossBit

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 04:05:14 PM

Yes probably there has been some big players playing FCT on the short side, and they managed to push down the market to its pain level and trigger stop loss activity.

Longs are destroyed, probably today, shorts are taking a lot of their profits today, and the market will continue to slide down at a more gentle pace to where the steep rise began...

With M2 out, there is no short term speculative story to be told in FCT.

It may be "relatively" undervalued, but thats just a perception and market positioning is crucial in making trading decisions.

FCT will rise IF/WHEN they find clients who spend $$$$ to use the Factom Blockchain, as simple as that. IF and WHEN it happens, be sure that FCT will be much higher than we've seen this year. If it doesn't happen quickly, then FCT will die...because a new player will emerge. Factom has only the first time mover advantage for them. Don't they waste it please.

To be honest, i didn't think 1 month ago we would see today's price. Fortunately i have a stop-profit/loss policy and exited in time...
spacezx

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 04:08:08 PM

haha ... 4500 BTC sold and still 950 BTC on buy orders.... lots of FUD by many people on the forums....don't trust anyone...they are short term traders and just want your money in their pockets.

Factom is a real company , with real dedicated team , real project, not a ponzy shit coin on polo ...  stop spreading FUDs.

Cool Cool Cool
nowhere man

Activity: 77

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 04:11:09 PM

Yes probably there has been some big players playing FCT on the short side, and they managed to push down the market to its pain level and trigger stop loss activity.

Longs are destroyed, probably today, shorts are taking a lot of their profits, and the market will continue to slide down to where the steep rise began...

With M2 out, there is no speculative story to be told in FCT.

It may be "relatively" undervalued, but thats just a perception and market positioning is crucial in making trading decisions.

FCT will rise IF/WHEN they find clients who spend $$$$ to use the Factom Blockchain, as simple as that. IF and WHEN it happens, be sure that FCT will be much higher than we've seen this year. If it doesn't happen quickly, then FCT will die...because a new player will emerge. Factom has only the first time mover advantage for them. Don't they waste it please.

This is a critical point. M2 is just an update of their original plan (a crucial update I concede). The Factom team have done really well pulling all these big companies on board, but investors need to be convinced that these companies will drive up demand for Factoids. We've all mused over the current number of entry credits that need to be sold to sustain the current price. Would it not be sensible for the team to start giving estimates of the number of entry credits future companies will be using - at least then I might be able to ignore the suspicious 500btc dumps and play the long game.
astmandu

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 04:11:38 PM

Longs are destroyed, probably today, shorts are taking a lot of their profits today, and the market will continue to slide down at a more gentle pace to where the steep rise began...

With M2 out, there is no short term speculative story to be told in FCT.

To be honest, i didn't think 1 month ago we would see today's price. Fortunately i have a stop-profit/loss policy and exited in time...

Completely agree...there was apparently more shorting opportunity in this than I gave credit for.  Lots of margin calls and liquidations it looks like.  On the flip side, shorts must cover some day, new people come in with a basis at current levels, and the cycle continues.  A few months from now those who loaded up at these levels will dump at a new one.  I love this stuff!
mig5000

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 04:12:03 PM

Looks like a huge margin call to me.

People probably got over leveraged and by pulling the walls, people got liquidated. As soon as the order book gets empty, the margin drops really fast. Nobody is stupid enough to dump 1000+ BTC at once and lose 25% (250 BTC).

Which I was there to buy in the low 30s. Bought a good chunk at 35s.
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 04:12:19 PM

Factom devs are still very active.. Paul said testnet will be released in a matter of weeks.. Pegging mid Oct for this.. and then full release in November. Just a guess but who the hell knows at this point.  Huh  With btc rising not many good bets atm.. At the end of the day still think we have a big winner here. Slowly accumulating. 
GrossBit

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 04:15:25 PM

People probably got over leveraged and by pulling the walls, people got liquidated. As soon as the order book gets empty, the margin drops really fast. Nobody is stupid enough to dump 1000+ BTC at once and lose 25% (250 BTC).

yes a huge margin call, but you know, the market has printed here in MASSIVE volume. shorts are taking their profits. longs who bought at 0.00500 and above are crying, the market is broken. it will not bounce from here, we all wish it, but all we can expect is a dead cat bounce up to maybe 0.0042 and then its down to 0.0025....
flashbit

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 04:18:59 PM

yes a huge margin call, but you know, the market has printed here in MASSIVE volume. shorts are taking their profits. longs who bought at 0.00500 and above are crying, the market is broken. it will not bounce from here, we all wish it, but all we can expect is a dead cat bounce up to maybe 0.0042 and then its down to 0.0025....

I would agree if we were months away from a release but given we are now only weeks away I think we settle in low 40s.. unless BTC takes off.
GrossBit

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 04:21:35 PM

Factom devs are still very active.. Paul said testnet will be released in a matter of weeks.. Pegging mid Oct for this.. and then full release in November. Just a guess but who the hell knows at this point.  Huh  With btc rising not many good bets atm.. At the end of the day still think we have a big winner here. Slowly accumulating.  

the value of a blockchain is not defined by the size of its GitHub.

I wanna see clients buying Factoids. I want Factom to say
"Company X promised to publish hashes regarding its (...) in Y amounts of data every year, and will be buying Z USD worth of entry credits."

We don't see any such announcements, because they don't exist.
All i see is that according to FACTOM CEO's himself, is that there are 3,500,000 cumulated entries in Factom,
and if my math is correct, you need 3,500,000 EC at $0.001 a piece, and they earnt a formidable 35,000 USD with that...

They'd better to find clients quick, else, people will start to think that after all, Factoids are way too expensive.

Actually the only profit that FACTOM ever made, probably was by dumping as much FCT they could on both the way up to 0.0065 and then down to here....
astmandu

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 04:21:39 PM

I'm not sure how to gauge the short term...a lot really depends on whether BTC tries to break-out or not.  Lately when it bursts out a little all the alts retreat, then BTC loses momentum the alts come back. If testnet gets pushed before long then I see FOMO happening.

GrossBit...I see you on the DEOS thread.  I'll hop over there and post a few things I've learned/got questions about.
Embat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 501

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 04:23:16 PM

Guys this is the most impresive project and it will be used in future bussiness data structures and all fields with statistic and you have doubts Smiley Well I have not and I am not going to miss the waves. Get your surf and make fun

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
flashbit

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 04:24:30 PM

Factom devs are still very active.. Paul said testnet will be released in a matter of weeks.. Pegging mid Oct for this.. and then full release in November. Just a guess but who the hell knows at this point.  Huh  With btc rising not many good bets atm.. At the end of the day still think we have a big winner here. Slowly accumulating.  

the value of a blockchain is not defined by the size of its GitHub.

I wanna see clients buying Factoids. I want Factom to say
"Company X promised to publish hashes regarding its (...) in Y amounts of data every year, and will be buying Z USD worth of entry credits."

We don't see any such announcements, because they don't exist.
All i see is that according to FACTOM CEO's himself, is that there are 3,500,000 cumulated entries in Factom,
and if my math is correct, you need 3,500,000 EC at $0.001 a piece, and they earnt a formidable 35,000 USD with that...

They'd better to find clients quick, else, people will start to think that after all, Factoids are way too expensive.

But yet there is 66M records now hashed into the blockchain.. What are you smokin' bitcointalk newbie... Huh
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 04:25:50 PM

Such an obvious market manipulation which triggered a huge margin call which in turn filled low buy order of the whale manipulator.

In order to close the loop, the whale now needs to push the price to 500 again to be able to sell. This has been repeating over and over again. He s gonna push up buy orders to 1200 BTC now and keep pushing till the next dump.

This has nothing to do with FCT delay, it has everything to with you people talking how they "exited" with these "highly technical" stop loss triggers. Smiley) He s been using you like sheep and lots of you have been losing money on this.

BE SMARTER!

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
flashbit

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 04:26:03 PM

FUD campaign is strong today.. You can tell very easily by all the newbies comments today.. Too funny...
dranster

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 04:29:24 PM

Such an obvious market manipulation which triggered a huge margin call which in turn filled low buy order of the whale manipulator.

In order to close the loop, the whale now needs to push the price to 500 again to be able to sell. This has been repeating over and over again. He s gonna push up buy orders to 1200 BTC now and keep pushing till the next dump.

This has nothing to do with FCT delay, it has everything to with you people talking how they "exited" with these "highly technical" stop loss triggers. Smiley) He s been using you like sheep and lots of you have been losing money on this.

BE SMARTER!

Poor BAGHOLDER  Grin Grin Grin
flashbit

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 04:30:14 PM

BE SMARTER!

Poor BAGHOLDER  Grin Grin Grin

and... yet another fudster... like rats coming out of the sewers...
Pages: « 1 ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: