Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:48:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay |Decentralized Marketplace|Smart Contracts|IoT Tech|Markets Open  (Read 339391 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 01:36:12 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2014, 01:56:14 PM by altcoinUK

@qawzsx : Why I'm here ? Probably because i own some BitBays, followed the project because i found the concept interesting, now I'm kind of genuinely concerned about the business model of the Decentralized MarketPlace and how the Escrow System works because it will be the backbone of the system.

Personnaly i think the adoption and wide use of the coin is essential to its developement.

And we haven't even talked about volatility of BitBay and this problem combined with the escrow time regarding Vendor and Buyer...

Seller & Buyer will be able to set their own escrow amount. Double deposit was just an example ( I think) lol. I hope it's not mandatory because that can come bite your ass when marketplace launches. I'm really not sure how it would benefit small time sellers/buyers.

Freelancer: Would the guy who is looking for job really deposit money before applying for job? No, I don't think so.

Buyer: Would they deposit $2000 for something that costs $1000 just so they can avoid $5 fees from Paypal? Nope

Seller: Would seller deposit more money than what is needed in order to avoid fees? Nope

Lawyer: Would he deposit money before client hires him? Nope

On other hand this market can be very useful for things such as real estate deals & bank deals It can be beneficial for things such as an IBM working on a project for a client and client don't like the idea. They both deposit money in escrow and IBM starts working on that project. After a month they reassess to see if new project brought profit to client company. Once client sees the benefit money will be taken out from the escrow and it'll be released to IBM.

Big companies, Big buyers, Big sellers. They would love this "double deposit" and I don't think it's really meant for day to day user who is living in poverty time.

Just my few cents.

On the contrary, you are wrong...

For example as an employer on a freelancing marketplace, I don't give a shit about your skills as a freelancer with no good feedback. I'm looking for somebody who is TRUSTING his skill and is dedicated to finish the work in time and deliver as advertised.

For example as a seller, I won't sell you shit if you don't have a proper feedback and you are willing to pay trough paypal. I won't take that chargeback chance.

For example as a buyer, I will pay an escrow fee just be sure that your cell phone is working as advertised. That won't be a problem.

You are WRONG. You are looking from a "scammer" perspective. "Is he willing to do that? Ofc not if he's not a honest person"
I get it, there are sellers and buyer who can't afford escrow service. So what? Does that make the service "good for nothing"? That's plain STUPID!!!!

Stop looking from that perspective, and be creative. On top of that, stop thinking short time. "Look, the volatility...." Gosh...

You dumb fuck, if you are not the organizer of this scam and not one of the dumpers, in other words if you are just an idiot who beleives in the fairy tale of 1 billion $ business, then just shut the fuck up, because you are arguing so hard that for this scam that it is getting embarrassing.

If you are one of the organizers of this scam, then there is at least a rational explanation why you are arguing so hard, but in this case still shut the fuck up, because we got your point that Bitbay will take on eBay ... yeah it will.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 01:38:31 PM

Seller & Buyer will be able to set their own escrow amount. Double deposit was just an example ( I think) lol. I hope it's not mandatory because that can come bite your ass when marketplace launches. I'm really not sure how it would benefit small time sellers/buyers.

You are quite correct... it's possible to have no deposit, or 10X deposit for that matter - or once timelocks are implemented to have payments occur on a pre-defined schedule.  So for example, if you are an unknown seller with an unknown reputation - it's quite possible that you would have to do a full double-deposit escrow contract to attract buyers given your lack of reputation... in time you wouldn't need that.  

With smart contracts it should be possible to also have a 'normal' escrow account as well (provided said party was trusted by both individuals) with a multisig account defined.  If either party fails to accept, but the pre-determined arbiter does accept both sides... then the contract is fulfilled and the deposits returned.  As far as payment for services, etc. it would be easy to simply set up something where until cancelled by either party a specific amount is paid out per week... up to the maximum.  If escrow is not involved and payment is one-way, then the remaining funds would be returned (at least as I understand the Halo whitepapers... I admit that I haven't actually attempted to code such a contract myself).

As with everything, it's just meaningless conjecture on all sides until we have the tools in our hands and can start trying out different options and providing feedback to David and the rest of the team as far as options/improvements that are necessary for our various prospective uses.  It's quite easy to imagine that the purposes for which I am excited about using this marketplace are different from someone else's... it's also possible that once we've gotten more familiar with the interface and options - we'll have even more ideas for application which are currently unimaginable. Wink

Definitely. Personally, I'm really looking forward to it.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
altcoinUK

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 01:45:05 PM

As with everything, it's just meaningless conjecture on all sides until we have the tools in our hands and can start trying out different options

Oh dear ... of course it is meaningless to ask very valid questions about the fundamental principles of the whole idea, i.e. how the decentralized marketplace would work and if it would work at all? (and main issue, that law enforcement agencies would shut down the whole operation was not even raised).

Everything is meaningless that interrupt this scam, however the newbie nick posts about buying cheap coins has lots of meaning, isn't it?
digicidal

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 01:48:30 PM

Fine, as someone looking for job I would just use Odesk where I don't have to risk "money" in order to apply for a job.

See..what you don't understand is that if I have the money. Why would I look for job? or if I have $600 why would I buy something that costs $300? It makes more sense to just visit Ebay or other store and buy one that costs $500 instead of throwing double money in escrow.

The main reason people buy something on Ebay is because they don't have money to buy same thing at higher price in store. That means if they want to buy $300 cellphone they DON'T have $600.

I never said it's useless. I said I don't think it's mandatory and it's probably used as precaution when you're making big deal with a buyer who is in different country than you are.

Also, depending on the item and the potential for fraud... as a seller I might be motivated to sell you a cellphone for 50% under market value - provided I can retain 100% of my profits and virtually eliminate the risk of you defrauding me.  In that case, is it reasonable that you would have to put up the $300 for an opportunity to get the same phone for $150?  The idea of double-deposit escrow is really not for these kinds of transactions however.  Because those transactions are quite simple on ebay or via direct sales.

On the other hand if you're selling a collectible item which is in very high demand currently in Iran or Nigeria... and you want the best price, but you are more than reasonably afraid (or prevented by regulation) of doing business with an unknown individual from those countries... this is a way to still transact the deal with reasonable security, while also retaining sufficient anonymity.

Not that I think that type of scenario will be common - but that's the reason why zero-trust smart contracts were conceived initially.  So that decentralized trade could occur while still retaining a majority of the safety that fully centralized commerce avenues currently provide.  Only history will prove if there is sufficient demand/volume to justify the added 'expense' (deposit requirements).  But they are optional in cases where the safety they provide is not required.
altcoinUK

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 01:49:13 PM

We invite you to exchange bitbay.net BTC, LTC. The stock market is more than a year. The high volume of BTC / PLN, Since December we start to develop the BTC / USD

www.bitbay.net

what is that?
That's a polish exchange named BitBay lol

The stock market is more than a year. On the Polish market, we have the largest volume. Since December BTC / USD

www.Bitbay.net

LOL ... so the great team (you know Nicos from Russia who loves dogs and Holly from Taiwan who has family as this is the professional bio of the team) that's perfectly capable to take on eBay and build a 1 billion $ business hasn't even performed a simple name check for the project? Really?

This scam is getting more and more hilarious.
M28MmickT

Activity: 433

BTG CEO

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 01:56:17 PM

Just to rap up the last 2 pages,

Person A wants to buy an expensive donkey at 3000 but they do not have 6000 for the dd, pretty simple stuff they do not have enough to make the purchase lol

Now person A wants to buy something they can actually afford lets say a donkey fart for 50, now she has enough for the fart and pays 100 total which 50 will return on a successful trade,  if it is their first deals.

All goes well with the deal for person A and she continues to buy what she can infact afford!!! 10 deals laters she wants to buy her 3000 donkey but because A  has been a good girl she now only needs (3500ish) total because she is slightly trusted further down the road after x amount of completed deals, person A WILL BECOME TRUSTED because she was trust worthy.

(A market built on trust as described)

Few deals more person A would not need to deposit hardly anything i hope that is  easy to understand

pigheadbig

Activity: 742

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 01:58:28 PM

We invite you to exchange bitbay.net BTC, LTC. The stock market is more than a year. The high volume of BTC / PLN, Since December we start to develop the BTC / USD

www.bitbay.net
why you are news here?
anyone know the bitbay.net before?
digicidal

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 02:05:32 PM

This user is currently ignored.

Good morning altcoinUK!  I hope you're having a wonderful day!  Cheesy

@M28MmickT

EXACTLY THIS.  Apparently you are a genius of unparalleled magnitude!  Cheers mate!
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 02:09:50 PM

Person A wants to buy an expensive donkey at 3000 but they do not have 6000 for the dd, pretty simple stuff they do not have enough to make the purchase lol

Now person A wants to buy something they can actually afford lets say a donkey fart for 50, now she has enough for the fart and pays 100 total which 50 will return on a successful trade,  if it is their first deals.

All goes well with the deal for person A and she continues to buy what she can infact afford!!! 10 deals laters she wants to buy her 3000 donkey but because A  has been a good girl she now only needs (3500ish) total because she is slightly trusted further down the road after x amount of completed deals, person A WILL BECOME TRUSTED because she was trust worthy.

Few deals more person A would not need to deposit hardly anything i hope that is  easy to understand
As far as I understand from the FAQ, trust is buildup by trading at BitHalo, so when trading at BitBay they already will be trustworthy.
unusualfacts30

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 02:30:22 PM

Is that a fact  Huh

Donkey fart for 50? sounds like a real good deal to me.  Grin

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
ra_pl

Activity: 251
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 02:43:15 PM

www.bitbay.net
why you are news here?

yes, I mention there btc Smiley
is more than a year - and is the largest in Poland

It might be worthwhile to link the project with them bitbay example in the exchange?
pigheadbig

Activity: 742

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 02:45:40 PM

www.bitbay.net
why you are news here?

yes, I mention there btc Smiley
is more than a year - and is the largest in Poland

It might be worthwhile to link the project with them bitbay example in the exchange?
my question is anyone in btt forum used the website before?
how can we trust it. thanks.
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 02:48:32 PM

Never heard of bitbay.net (forwarding to bitbay.pl) before.
Did a quick lookup: Creation Date: 30-mar-2013
spookycoins

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2014, 03:32:22 PM

...emotional opinion

Dude, it's obvious you not a fan of BitBay.
Why not just leave and keep your thoughts to yourself? 
Sell your coins (if you have any) and contribute to a coin thread you support.

Do you think you are doing us a service by trying to "save us" from this investment??
Some of us have been trading a long time and feel this one will come to fruition as planned.
Some of us did our due diligence and feel more time should pass before making a definitive decision to bail.
And stop calling this project a scam. It makes you look like an emotional investor.
If you're not onboard with BitBay... then leave.
To me, you're just a speedbump on the roadmap.

That's me on twitter --> @spookycoins
qawzsx

Activity: 280

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 03:34:47 PM

@qawzsx : Why I'm here ? Probably because i own some BitBays, followed the project because i found the concept interesting, now I'm kind of genuinely concerned about the business model of the Decentralized MarketPlace and how the Escrow System works because it will be the backbone of the system.

Personnaly i think the adoption and wide use of the coin is essential to its developement.

And we haven't even talked about volatility of BitBay and this problem combined with the escrow time regarding Vendor and Buyer...

Freelancer: Would the guy who is looking for job really deposit money before applying for job? No, I don't think so.

Buyer: Would they deposit $2000 for something that costs $1000 just so they can avoid $5 fees from Paypal? Nope

Seller: Would seller deposit more money than what is needed in order to avoid fees? Nope

On other hand this market can be very useful for things such as real estate deals & bank deals It can be beneficial for things such as an IBM working on a project for a client and client don't like the idea. They both deposit money in escrow and IBM starts working on that project. After a month they reassess to see if new project brought profit to client company. Once client sees the benefit money will be taken out from the escrow and it'll be released to IBM.

Big companies, Big buyers, Big sellers. They would love this "double deposit" and I don't think it's really meant for day to day user who is living in poverty time.

Just my few cents.

For example as an employer on a freelancing marketplace, I don't give a shit about your skills as a freelancer with no good feedback. I'm looking for somebody who is TRUSTING his skill and is dedicated to finish the work in time and deliver as advertised.

For example as a seller, I won't sell you shit if you don't have a proper feedback and you are willing to pay trough paypal. I won't take that chargeback chance.

For example as a buyer, I will pay an escrow fee just be sure that your cell phone is working as advertised. That won't be a problem.

You are WRONG. You are looking from a "scammer" perspective. "Is he willing to do that? Ofc not if he's not a honest person"
I get it, there are sellers and buyer who can't afford escrow service. So what? Does that make the service "good for nothing"? That's plain STUPID!!!!

Stop looking from that perspective, and be creative. On top of that, stop thinking short time. "Look, the volatility...." Gosh...

Fine, as someone looking for job I would just use Odesk where I don't have to risk "money" in order to apply for a job.

See..what you don't understand is that if I have the money. Why would I look for job? or if I have $600 why would I buy something that costs $300? It makes more sense to just visit Ebay or other store and buy one that costs $500 instead of throwing double money in escrow.

The main reason people buy something on Ebay is because they don't have money to buy same thing at higher price in store. That means if they want to buy $300 cellphone they DON'T have $600.

I never said it's useless. I said I don't think it's mandatory and it's probably used as precaution when you're making big deal with a buyer who is in different country than you are.

Nobody will hire you with no feedback on Odesk. That's my point. Nobody will buy from you on ebay with low feedback. Etc.

"See..what you don't understand is that if I have the money. Why would I look for job? or if I have $600 why would I buy something that costs $300? It makes more sense to just visit Ebay or other store and buy one that costs $500 instead of throwing double money in escrow."

You are really stupid just by writing this. As a freelancer you are making YOUR money by doing various jobs for employers. Gosh.

BTW, the main reason people buy something on Ebay is because it's cheaper, not because they don't have money. Are you stupid? How the fuck can you say that somebody is buying things on ebay because they don't have money to buy at higher price?

Are you that type? "Mneah, I'm not going to buy this cheap cell phone because I afford to pay twice the price for the same phone in the same condition somewhere else"
qawzsx

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 03:42:40 PM

Just my few cents.

You dumb fuck, if you are not the organizer of this scam and not one of the dumpers, in other words if you are just an idiot who beleives in the fairy tale of 1 billion $ business, then just shut the fuck up, because you are arguing so hard that for this scam that it is getting embarrassing.

If you are one of the organizers of this scam, then there is at least a rational explanation why you are arguing so hard, but in this case still shut the fuck up, because we got your point that Bitbay will take on eBay ... yeah it will.

GTFO useless maggot. Go cry somewhere else cause you're poor and stupid and cause you played all your hands like an idiot and lost a lots of money.
Don't go berserk on every project out there just cause you're a complete IDIOT.

The only scam right here is the fact that you have been born into this life. All you write on this forums is "scam scam scam scam scam..." all day long like a retard...
That's why you're a poor fucktard, cause you don't have time for your low life.

Do something constructive for yourself and stop acting like an old fart who is angry on everybody out there for no fucking reason at all.

We had enough of your rants...
unusualfacts30

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 04:01:08 PM

Just my few cents.

Nobody will hire you with no feedback on Odesk. That's my point. Nobody will buy from you on ebay with low feedback. Etc.

"See..what you don't understand is that if I have the money. Why would I look for job? or if I have $600 why would I buy something that costs $300? It makes more sense to just visit Ebay or other store and buy one that costs $500 instead of throwing double money in escrow."

You are really stupid just by writing this. As a freelancer you are making YOUR money by doing various jobs for employers. Gosh.

BTW, the main reason people buy something on Ebay is because it's cheaper, not because they don't have money. Are you stupid? How the fuck can you say that somebody is buying things on ebay because they don't have money to buy at higher price?

Are you that type? "Mneah, I'm not going to buy this cheap cell phone because I afford to pay twice the price for the same phone in the same condition somewhere else"

Dude. Calm the fck down. I have more bay than you can possibly imagine so no need to act childish & call names. I know you want Bay to reach $1 so you can run away with your profit and you'll bash anyone who questions anything but many of us ARE not looking to run away with profit and we do see future in Bay and proper discussion is required in order to achieve that success.

I'm putting you in ignore list just for acting like 2 yrs old

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
qawzsx

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 04:03:53 PM

Just my few cents.

Dude. Calm the fck down. I have more bay than you can possibly imagine so no need to act childish & call names. I know you want Bay to reach $1 so you can run away with your profit and you'll bash anyone who questions anything but many of us ARE not looking to run away with profit and we do see future in Bay and proper discussion is required in order to achieve that success.

I'm putting you in ignore list just for acting like 2 yrs old

Smiley))))))))))))))))))))))))))

yes, you have... send me 1 bay from an address who have at least 2kk bay on it, and I'll send you 50k bay back.

kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 04:04:58 PM

That's completely false, I have actually used both ebay and Odesk as seller of product/service, both starting from 0 feedback, and easily sold my product/service. Sure the profit/price was lower in the beginning while I'm establishing my reputation, but it's false to say "nobody" will buy from you when you have 0 feedback.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
qawzsx

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 04:07:30 PM

That's completely false, I have actually used both ebay and Odesk as seller of product/service, both starting from 0 feedback, and easily sold my product/service. Sure the profit/price was lower in the beginning while I'm establishing my reputation, but it's false to say "nobody" will buy from you when you have 0 feedback.

I know, I wanted to use the same kind of approach "ABSOLUTELY NOT".
He approached the service in the same way - like nobody will pay the escrow service for extra protection.
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: