Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:36:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay |Decentralized Marketplace|Smart Contracts|IoT Tech|Markets Open  (Read 339391 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Decentradical

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:16:36 PM

Regardless, the chat function definitely needs to be re-done so that the proper channel is reflected and the links are gone (plus it would really be nice to see an integrated, encrypted chat client in the wallet.  Maybe a little side-project via bitmessage, David?

Definitely. Though this is obviously just a placeholder.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:21:29 PM

As vivid as this BTC thread is, The IRC channel #bitbay is silent.
Why? I really don't know, maybe peeps are too lazy to change the given channels into #bitbay?
And what are those names for at the bottom of the chat?

Keep in mind this thing was done in rush because people kept asking for it to release over & over. There are going to be issues and there are going to some things lacking. If people had patience we could've had perfect wallet. Also, don't forget it got released within 20 days of launch. That's the fastest any coin has EVER delivered. Name one coin that has delivered something as good within 20 days? I can't think of any.

There are going to be issues and those things should've been expected. I'm sure they'll be fixed when marketplace launches. Whole point of releasing wallet before marketplace is so everyone can  test and come with their issues so that can be fixed before marketplace gets released.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
digicidal

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:23:42 PM

Regardless, the chat function definitely needs to be re-done so that the proper channel is reflected and the links are gone (plus it would really be nice to see an integrated, encrypted chat client in the wallet.  Maybe a little side-project via bitmessage, David?

Definitely. Though this is obviously just a placeholder.

Yep.  At a guess the marketplace servers will host a dedicated chat, to facilitate better privacy as well as faster communication with interested parties.  It would be incredible if there could be PM/Chat combo communication via available contracts directly.  Kinda like walking into a physical storefront and chatting with the owner. Smiley
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:30:30 PM

Anyway for those of you interested in chatting on IRC:

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.kiwiirc.com/#bitbay
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:32:06 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2014, 03:49:12 PM by toknormal

Approaching Cannabis coin's marketcap in the descent.

If we get to Startcoin's marketcap (which has had months of continuous hype on Russia Today plus Max keiser's Twitter channel) then that points to a Bay price of around 50-60 Sats.
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:34:05 PM

Yeah i see that its the second time my server got hacked with the same crap. I'm going to switch away from godaddy now they suck.
Gizfreak
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:38:25 PM

Yeah i see that its the second time my server got hacked with the same crap. I'm going to switch away from godaddy now they suck.
Oo hm that's some serious shit  Shocked
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:39:45 PM

As vivid as this BTC thread is, The IRC channel #bitbay is silent.
Why? I really don't know, maybe peeps are too lazy to change the given channels into #bitbay?
And what are those names for at the bottom of the chat?

Keep in mind this thing was done in rush because people kept asking for it to release over & over. There are going to be issues and there are going to some things lacking. If people had patience we could've had perfect wallet. Also, don't forget it got released within 20 days of launch. That's the fastest any coin has EVER delivered. Name one coin that has delivered something as good within 20 days? I can't think of any.

There are going to be issues and those things should've been expected. I'm sure they'll be fixed when marketplace launches. Whole point of releasing wallet before marketplace is so everyone can  test and come with their issues so that can be fixed before marketplace gets released.

The irc is just an iframe, i could use Tox or something but currently thats how that is set up. Aparrently, there is a way to put that crap on there probably through the wordpress for BlackHalo or something. I'm going to tell my host(godaddy) that im pulling support if they dont tell me why it keeps doing that. Its just a huge waste of time.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:42:05 PM

It only effects my sites there is nothing that important on there at all. But still and why do they spam with such stupid crap?

It doesnt have anything to do with the client only the irc end of it.
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:44:31 PM

The irc is just an iframe, i could use Tox or something but currently thats how that is set up. Aparrently, there is a way to put that crap on there probably through the wordpress for BlackHalo or something. I'm going to tell my host(godaddy) that im pulling support if they dont tell me why it keeps doing that. Its just a huge waste of time.

GoDaddy is quite possibly the worst host on the planet so you should cut ties with them anyway IMO.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:47:02 PM

GoDaddy is quite possibly the worst host on the planet so you should cut ties with them anyway IMO.

Yeah that is now what is going to happen.
Gizfreak
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:49:52 PM

It only effects my sites there is nothing that important on there at all. But still and why do they spam with such stupid crap?

It doesnt have anything to do with the client only the irc end of it.
Maybe change the iFrame with:
<iframe src="https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.kiwiirc.com/#bitbay" style="border:0; width:100%; height:450px;"></iframe>
?
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:51:38 PM

The best chat option i think might be Tox. A friend showed it to me but i have to learn more about it. What i do like about irc is its open chat room like setting which is superior for community stuff. But you know, that can be changed to a more private option although i do believe freenode supports Tor.
unusualfacts30

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:55:06 PM

The best chat option i think might be Tox. A friend showed it to me but i have to learn more about it. What i do like about irc is its open chat room like setting which is superior for community stuff. But you know, that can be changed to a more private option although i do believe freenode supports Tor.

Did you see my post regarding Broadcasting?

I had set up smart contract yesterday and it's still showing as "Broadcasting" in pending offer. How long does it normally take to go through?

Could be something I did?

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Gizfreak
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:56:36 PM

Imo Tox would definitely be the better option for a carefree chatexperience.

My 2 sat
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:59:50 PM

I had set up smart contract yesterday and it's still showing as "Broadcasting" in pending offer. How long does it normally take to go through?

No, it should be broadcasting. Where it says who is broadcasting see if its you or them. If its them, they need the client open so it broadcasts and funds.

If you are supposed to be the one broadcasting, you can contact me directly for support and i can figure out why its doing that.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 04:03:16 PM

The Bitbay rocket's having a navigation malfunction.

The moon's not at the centre of the earth.
Kevinrasf

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 04:04:52 PM

The Bitbay rocket's having a navigation malfunction.

The moon's not at the centre of the earth.

Improved navigation systems will be released in Begin of 2015 Tongue

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
unusualfacts30

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 04:05:16 PM

No, it should be broadcasting. Where it says who is broadcasting see if its you or them. If its them, they need the client open so it broadcasts and funds.

If you are supposed to be the one broadcasting, you can contact me directly for support and i can figure out why its doing that.

Just sent you PM with screenshots of what I see. I'm broadcasting

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 04:35:16 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2014, 05:46:24 PM by RJF

AltCoin Survival Guide

A few things you need to understand if you just arrived here and are considering investing: (or blowing your brains out)

Do not believe everything you read. In fact, do not believe most of it. If you have been in other AltCoin forums, you will understand this if not, read further. There are several dynamics going on here. Below you will find the major players:

Newbies - You. You have found your way here either by reading an online article, recommendation from a friend (who may now be a former friend) or other means outside the normal channels. You were drawn by one or more factors: technology, quick profit, political slant, world order, investment, or you just think cryptos are cool. What follows is for you. It may well help keep you sane in the constant bombardment of misinformation that exists in this industry. Read on....

Devs - Coin Developers. These folks write/rewrite/modify/invent the actual software that is an Altcoin. Generally software writers and backers who sometimes work alone or, in "Dev Teams" that have spokesmen handle Public Relations in the forums (a very difficult job). Having been a software architect and programmer in a past life, I can tell you these folks have very little desire to post in the forums unless it is purely technical in nature and you won't find much of that in these threads. Devs are usually overworked, underpaid and generally lost in their own world with little concern for yours. (There are exceptions to this rule) Devs tend to give short answers and assume that you will understand it and go away once it has been presented. Do not let this offend you, it is the way of the industry which would not exist without them.

Passionate supporters - Those of us who see the future of this technology and, for the most part, have bought considerable amounts of it. Most of this group have been around a while and make decisions based on experience and at least a working knowledge of markets and finance, some much more, some less. Other than the FUDers, lifeless trolls and shills. Supporters tend to say the most and truly believe in the technology and it's future. This group sometimes includes the dreamers as well.

Speculators - Either business or hobby investors that have come here from the real investing world hoping make a few dollars in crypto and gain experience in trading it. They make cautious buys and generally remain silent.

Dreamers - Dreamers are present all throughout the AltCoin scene. They believe they will "hit it big" someday and randomly pick investments based on what other people are hyping in these forums. Dreamers have a very short attention span and tend to loose money on a regular, sometimes spectacular, basis. Dreamers go "to the moon" or at least would like to and they are easily disappointed. After several rounds of this, many dreamers turn into Trolls and FUDDers, a natural progression it would seem after one's dreams are shattered multiple times. Dreamers seem to be unable to read the "handwriting on the wall" and so it follows they loose more often then others.

Watchers - Watchers are less common than others, but we occasionally hear from them. The term " I'm watching and may invest if...." can sometimes be attributed to a true investor watching for the best time to "get in" but, for the most part, Watchers use terms like this to announce their powerful and omnipotent presence, not. Usually, they are silent until some big event occurs that they missed out on then, they are very vocal to the tune of  "Damn, I missed it, guess I have to spend more to get in now!" or the ever popular " Damn, glad I didn't dump any Bitcoin in this looser!" Either way, they are NOT investors. PS: Watchers rarely have any Bitcoin to dump into anything.... Watchers can sometimes be Shills.

Pumper/Dumpers - Pumpers are crypto day traders who make profit by manipulating the price. Selling large amounts of a coin tends to drop the price making cheaper buys and buying large amounts tends to raise the price making a good sell opportunity. Pumpers normally operate in groups and are present in every coin that has any value/volume. Many Trolls are Pumpers and most Shills work for Pumper/Dumper groups. If you want to see these groups in action, go to coinmarketcap.com and look at the "roller coaster" daily charts.

Holders - Mostly synonymous with "Investors" but looking for a large, long term (years not minutes), return on their investment generally hoped to be quite large compared with day traders and pumper/Dumpers. Holders generally have the most to loose if a coin tanks and they are sometimes quite passionate about defending dropping prices. Mostly, holders can be divided into two of the above groups, Passionate Supporters and Dreamers, it depends on the project and the likelihood of success.

Shills - The lowest form of AltCoin life, Shills are paid to post FUD and lies in forums to damage coin value by competing coins and the  Pumper/Dumpers. Shills simply lie. They instill uncertainty and cause holders to sell and newbies to run away. Shills are the scum of the Earth.

Trolls - Generally damaged individuals with no life and no purpose other than to make others as miserable as them. Generally pathetic people who spend way too much time here to the exclusion of all else. If you picture a terrible, tortured creature living in a cave under a bridge when you read the word "Troll" you need no further explanation. Trolls often work with Shills and Pumper/Dumpers.

FUDers - Many of the above groups belong to the overall FUD (Fear - uncertainty - Dread) group that includes Trolls, Shills and Pumper/Dumpers but, FUDers are generally people who just don't want to see others prosper or enjoy themselves, for whatever Freudian reason you want to use. If you're positive, their negative, it's generally that simple.  

Sock Puppets - These people have a rare disease that prevents them from forming an opinion of their own. They are prone to repeating, sometimes slightly modified, the opinion of the biggest mouth in the forum, the one who thinks he/she is God's gift to the coin and sees themselves a subject expert. A side effect of being a Sock Puppet is the need to constantly create new usernames for one's self but posting the same old crap while using it. Sock puppets provide some much needed humor and are quite harmless if not working for Shills/Trolls.

Final word, DO NOT RESPOND to Trolls, Shills and FUDers. A response is all they want to keep the crap going. You will never change their minds (if present) and you absolutely cannot win an argument with them. Period. In they end they will make you look stupid and then, they have won. Don't do it...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: