Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:01:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 [769] 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 ... 1189 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer - MtGoxUSD wall movement tracker  (Read 1811506 times)
oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 03:24:14 PM

Bull trap.

Yeah, the whole so-called rally from $7 to $70 was just one massive bulltrap we set up for you! We are gonna dig it even deeper, we'll ruse you to rush to $7000 and totally beat you up there, take that bulls! Cheesy

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 04:56:20 PM

New walls at 73 and 75. I look forward to a time when there is enough money on the market the the wall makers will be too fearful to do this crap anymore.
cedus

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:02:32 PM

Shrewd Finn. I would not feel safe sending large amount of my money to Slovenia or Russia.
But Poland is ok?  Wink
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:04:35 PM

New walls at 73 and 75. I look forward to a time when there is enough money on the market the the wall makers will be too fearful to do this crap anymore.

Actually the walls serve an economic purpose of transferring big amounts of BTC from weak (overallocation in BTC) to strong (new entrants) hands. If all the BTC would be sold to small investors only, the market would develop in a nonsolid way. There needs to be old world big money buying large stashes of BTC and this is what the walls are for.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Beta-coiner1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:19:56 PM

Bull trap.
I guess we're in a rally then!

I'm very bullish about this mid-week and concerning the 20% tax in accounts in Cyprus adding to the volatility and possible increase this week.

NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:29:46 PM

Actually the walls serve an economic purpose of transferring big amounts of BTC from weak (overallocation in BTC) to strong (new entrants) hands. If all the BTC would be sold to small investors only, the market would develop in a nonsolid way. There needs to be old world big money buying large stashes of BTC and this is what the walls are for.

But they are rarely bought. Lately a little, but usually they are pulled before they can be bought. Just a fear tactic to manipulate for whatever reason.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:46:23 PM

But they are rarely bought. Lately a little, but usually they are pulled before they can be bought. Just a fear tactic to manipulate for whatever reason.

Why is there need to fear? I think the current situation of a persistent undervaluation of BTC is better than that of a bubble as in 2011. This way I will be confident to buy until $100, because then I think the bubble will take off and the abyss of the subsequent crash will anyway be higher than $100.

I hope you realize that without early large holders selling, this would blow to $300 in a week and then crash. There already was a full day when I could not find enough to buy (BTC500 in Bitstamp was an impossibility).

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:53:42 PM

People who sold in the $50's = grade A morons.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:55:05 PM

Walls may also serve the purpose of keeping prices down until the ones controlling the walls have more USD cleared for purchasing bitcoins. Or they could just happily be purchasing bitcoins slowly below their wall price, and then knock down the walls and sell into the ensuing rally to secure a profit, then wash-rinse-repeat.
Ploo

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:56:26 PM

When will this panic selling trend end? You'd think people will have learnt by now yet it keeps happening. Rapid dip down, rapid rebound as people close their short positions while there's still ridiculously cheap coins available. It's always the same.
Herodes

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:58:48 PM

Would you've said the same if we were now trading in the low 40's ? Aftertiming is after all the biggest science of man. Although everything looks good, there's no guarantee that we in fact will have a big sellout, that will trigger more sales, and lead to a state were people seriously think we're having a crash, and thus acellerating said crash. Although, it admittedly seems that as of right now, there will always be buyers if the price goes low enough. All indicators are pointing up.
humanitee

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 06:03:34 PM

When will this panic selling trend end? You'd think people will have learnt by now yet it keeps happening. Rapid dip down, rapid rebound as people close their short positions while there's still ridiculously cheap coins available. It's always the same.

I don't know. I'm as surprised as you. I was busy as hell yesterday and only saw the graph shortly after the $52 mark was hit and I told my friend who immediately went on Coinbase and bought.

Would you've said the same if we were now trading in the low 40's ? Aftertiming is after all the biggest science of man. Although everything looks good, there's no guarantee that we in fact will have a big sellout, that will trigger more sales, and lead to a state were people seriously think we're having a crash, and thus acellerating said crash. Although, it admittedly seems that as of right now, there will always be buyers if the price goes low enough. All indicators are pointing up.

When I saw the price yesterday I told my friend and girlfriend those people are fucking idiots. I even said last week I could see us hitting $50 because of how overextended the bid side was, but there was no way in hell we were going lower. Volume has been epic up to this point. Every person who bought all the way up from $17 is gonna be defending these prices so long as the demand remains high. Did you not see every foreign Bitcoin exchange going above $80 last week? That's what makes me comfortable with these prices. People are willing to pay much, much more, in increasingly larger volume.
"LOL Sell coins at $50 when others are paying $80"

How dense are people?

edit: Just saw the number of Mt. Gox tickets:

And this quote from tux: "Just checked the queue, there are 5500 accounts pending verification at this very moment."

Now I'm thoroughly convinced they are grade A morons.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
BINANCE
─────── LAB

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 06:27:42 PM

Walls may also serve the purpose of keeping prices down until the ones controlling the walls have more USD cleared for purchasing bitcoins. Or they could just happily be purchasing bitcoins slowly below their wall price, and then knock down the walls and sell into the ensuing rally to secure a profit, then wash-rinse-repeat.

Could be. In a bull market there is so much money to be had, even that may profit everyone involved. Many traders (Luno for example) do not even intend to capture 100% of the bull move, rather only trade when the risk/reward ratio is stacking on your favor. That is a worthy strategy, although I prefer to be 100% invested in silver and bitcoin, as I don't trust fiat.

Oh, it just amplifies how bad trader I am, how come I didn't use all my stash on the ask side to look scary.. maybe it's because I am not scared of such things. Stupid me.

I think I need to practice these tricks next week...Wink

robocoin

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 06:34:10 PM

I don't know. I'm as surprised as you. I was busy as hell yesterday and only saw the graph shortly after the $52 mark was hit and I told my friend who immediately went on Coinbase and bought.

When I saw the price yesterday I told my friend and girlfriend those people are fucking idiots. I even said last week I could see us hitting $50 because of how overextended the bid side was, but there was no way in hell we were going lower. Volume has been epic up to this point. Every person who bought all the way up from $17 is gonna be defending these prices so long as the demand remains high. Did you not see every foreign Bitcoin exchange going above $80 last week? That's what makes me comfortable with these prices. People are willing to pay much, much more, in increasingly larger volume.
"LOL Sell coins at $50 when others are paying $80"

How dense are people?

edit: Just saw the number of Mt. Gox tickets:

And this quote from tux: "Just checked the queue, there are 5500 accounts pending verification at this very moment."

Its hard to get June 2011 and August 2012 out of the heads. Also, Bitcoin is a high risk asset, it can trigger stop loss orders extremly fast. Hard fork? NSA playing satoshi dice until the network collapses? A lot of questions. How much profit since the beginning of the year? Shit. Volatility? fuck. A currency? lol, maybe tomorrow. Insiders? Open your eyes. This bull run can go on for years, no problem with that. Don't be suprised when your savings are cut in half or worse. We probably can't react in time, in case of protocol failure or major attack. Until then, we can all insult proudhon^^ And make bull petting cypherdawgy-style^^

Fundamentals are very different compared to last year. bla bla bla
I go for $100/BTC within a month.

(I have no glue, if my english works here  Tongue)
DougTanner

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 07:17:54 PM

Monday rally is starting early.

Help pay for my BTCCharts.com subscription: 1DTannerQHQD7qjSmA3abLQaDkVFLnBGma
Herodes

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 07:55:21 PM

Haha. I often say: "Most people are fucking stupid".

I thought you were just of the random dudes that spat out a negative opinion, but you actually had knowledge to back it up, good on you!

You know the stupid sayings when a soccer team loses 1-2 for instance and one supporter says to the next, haha - I knew your team would lose, how fucking stupid are you! I don't condone that kind of sillyness.

However, at the moment, you're right in everything you say. But at the same time, some people will always not go for the best bargains. You will find people go on saturday evenings to buy expensive pizza on a gas station, while they could've bought it for almost half the price during the week in a normal super market. That's also pretty stupid, but people still do it.
humanitee

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 08:06:51 PM

However, at the moment, you're right in everything you say. But at the same time, some people will always not go for the best bargains. You will find people go on saturday evenings to buy expensive pizza on a gas station, while they could've bought it for almost half the price during the week in a normal super market. That's also pretty stupid, but people still do it.

Indeed.

I don't really mind they sold though, more coin for the strong hands. Just wish I would have had some fiat to buy around $55.

Less coin for the poor hands!

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
BINANCE
─────── LAB

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 08:09:51 PM

Haha. I often say: "Most people are fucking stupid".

I thought you were just of the random dudes that spat out a negative opinion, but you actually had knowledge to back it up, good on you!

You know the stupid sayings when a soccer team loses 1-2 for instance and one supporter says to the next, haha - I knew your team would lose, how fucking stupid are you! I don't condone that kind of sillyness.

Many people buying bitcoins now actually have more faith than most current forum members. They dont care shit about price. Bitstamp was hitting $77 last thursday. If I had had money and the volume were there (both negative) I would have bought also. Who knows if the price will dip and how much it will dip, and if the lag allows to trade etc.? I would have never suspected a ->50 shakeout would happen, at the max I would have been able to buy at $65 average rate during the weekend. Who cares really. The outcomes are BTC>1000 and BTC<100 in a few years. The first is a success, the second is a fail. There is no middle ground.

Well, I fail to grasp what exatly makes people sell at $50 but I am sure they had their reasons. Margin call could be one.

humanitee

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 08:16:33 PM

Many people buying bitcoins now actually have more faith than most current forum members. They dont care shit about price. Bitstamp was hitting $77 last thursday. If I had had money and the volume were there (both negative) I would have bought also. Who knows if the price will dip and how much it will dip, and if the lag allows to trade etc.? I would have never suspected a ->50 shakeout would happen, at the max I would have been able to buy at $65 average rate during the weekend. Who cares really. The outcomes are BTC>1000 and BTC<100 in a few years. The first is a success, the second is a fail. There is no middle ground.

Well, I fail to grasp what exatly makes people sell at $50 but I am sure they had their reasons. Margin call could be one.

I more than agree with you.

Good point about margin calls, I can't blame people for that.

However, if someone sold at the low $50's thinking they'd be Captain Slick and get back in somewhere below that, they are (as I'm sure they're aware at this point) foolish.
Every metric by which you can measure Bitcoin points towards an increase in price.

In response to your opening statement, see proudhon. In fact I just ignored him, and it made me rather sad. I'm convinced he's doing nothing but trolling these days.

I love the bears, but when you can't even provide data or any argument for your position you are simply trolling.

I hope you stocked up on some coin for the run this week, rpietilla.  Wink

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
BINANCE
─────── LAB

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 08:25:48 PM

I hope you stocked up on some coin for the run this week, rpietilla.  Wink

$85 by wednesday!
Pages: « 1 ... 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 [769] 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 ... 1189 »
  Print  

Jump to: