Why not purchase scrypt hardware along side of BTC??? My 360GH of ASIC is getting close to useless... mean while my 75MH of GPU is killing it.
I check every single morning to see if scrypt ASICs are available for order yet. We are scrypt mining away with 1.6MH/s now, but I can't power and cool 75MH/s worth of GPUs. It isn't realistic.
Got this newsletter this morning, proceed with caution: https://alpha-t.net/news/development-update-23122013/
Today is the release of our full pricing, shipping, terms and all the helpful information you would need to secure a pre-order, this can all be found in the 'Terms of Order' page. We will be taking a 30% deposit payment, and remainder 70% to be paid 8-10 weeks before shipment. Minimum chip specifications have been confirmed from our ASIC manufacturer using Global Foundries as our foundry. In regards to our devices, we have confirmed a lower power consumption than quoted previously and also a guarantee of minimum hash rate. this can all be found in the individual Product pages. Please read the Terms of Order page, and individual Products pages carefully.
To summarise some other things:
Viper-5mh/s which can hash at minimum 5 MH/s: £1350 (inc VAT) Deposit- £405 (inc VAT)
Viper-25mh/s which can hash at minimum 25 MH/s: £5450 (inc VAT) Deposit- £1635 (inc VAT)
ASIC Chip Specs
Process: 28nm/40nm HPP, 3.3v/1.8v
Internal Memory: >=128Mb SRAM
Gates: ~28M Gates
Clock Speed: > 600 Mhz Core Clock
Hashing Cores: >= 128
Chip Hash rate: > 350 Kh/s
Power Consumption: < 5w
Registration and Wishlist
Registration will be open on the 25th or 26th of December. We urge all customers to be prepared by providing shipping and billing information in the My Account section. Also showing interest by adding their desired products to the Wishlist, with stated quantity.
You can register here on the specified day: https://alpha-t.net/login-register/
We have moved to a bigger office in Manchester. Some more interior work is still to be done, but here is an image from the outside. Details of our office can be found in the About Us page.
Launch and Next Updates
We expect to officially launch in a weeks time. We will be first rolling out some images of our devices and various other product updates.