I've read a bunch of pages, and have some questions for OgNasty:
1. If we go to green technology for electricity in the future will the spit between fans/mining change or stay the same
2. Have you thought of overclocking the singles to get a bit more life out of them vs selling them
3. For fundraising, have you ever thought of a bond lottery type system:
- members choose to forgo dividend, and their share becomes an entry to lottery. The div then goes to debts/re-investment/etc
- put up some prizes. e.g use some bitcoin merchants like gyft or some seats as a prize each week
1. Green technology wouldn't change things for fans/mining at all. It would secure that our structure can continue operating with no costs like this. I wouldn't expect fans to absorb this cost either. If there was sufficient demand or a private investment, I would like to sell off a block of my personal seats in order to pay for the green technology. If anyone is interested in buying a block of seats, please contact me via PM. Perhaps a few large buyers out there would like to take advantage of this offer to buy a block of seats without buying the auction up to double the price...
2. I haven't given any thought to over clocking the singles. They run pretty hot and inefficiently as is. Once our Monarchs arrive, I may end up auctioning them if a better solution hasn't presented itself. The offers I've received for them recently have been in the $175 range, so we might as well mine with them until we have better equipment in hand and then auction them or something.
3. Obviously our fundraising process needs an overhaul from the structure of the debt to the interface that debtors use to see it. I've discussed and heard some amazing ideas from nonnakip about this. I have no idea how long a market for NastyCredits would take to develop, but based on the ideas I heard, it will be a while. The plan is to take it way beyond just a debt market and if nonnakip is able to implement half the ideas I heard, I will truly be excited as a trader and a fan.
Thanks for the suggestions.
- A bond lottery system sounds interesting. We've discussed various ways to introduce a lottery to encourage participation amongst miners, but not fans. That is something to consider.
- I've thought a lot about things we can do like prize giveaways. Once we get the final bill for our scrypt miner and make payment, I wouldn't be surprised to see some new Nasty products with a fun giveaway to kick things off.