Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:14:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436015 times)
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 06:57:03 AM

Plenty of legal cases are tested out in Australia first to see how courts will react and also to develop the various arguments.

Why?

Well, Australia has a very well developed legal system which is broadly based on the British legal system. It also has a stable government and well educated lawyers.

Crucially, news coming out of Australia doesn't tend to get noticed by the masses and legal costs are much less than they would be in America or Europe.

So it's interesting that rights holders have been pushing several legal challenges as far as they can take them. And they are winning the fight against web sites.

https://torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-bay-and-other-pirate-sites-will-be-blocked-in-australia-161215/

Here they have made it the ISPs responsibility to block sites, mostly at their own costs.

What will happen now is that this win will be hawked around the world in an attempt to get all ISPs to block all web sites that rights holders demand be blocked.

This is already starting to happen, but the pace of it will now pick-up.

Since Obama handed over the internet to the UN and ended net neutrality, they have ramped up their war on copyright and fake news (true news).

Some tough times ahead in terms of censorship, this is why we really need decentralized software such as VTR, they can't be in control of the web if we want to keep our freedom, so we have take it away from them. CUNTS.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BlockchainOS

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

https://boscoin.io

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 07:22:28 AM

The website is not working..? Huh

▂▃▅▆█   BOScoin.io   █▆▅▃▂

● Self-Evolving Cryptocurrency Platform                 ● JOIN ICO NOW !
dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 07:29:04 AM

has anyone actually tried compiling the windows wallet version of VTR with OTP_ENABLED? Is it not the same as their release? It's missing all the OTP stuff on their GitHub like askpassphrasedialog_otp.cpp etc... that's references when OTP_ENABLED is set.

LMAO.

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 08:04:50 AM

has anyone actually tried compiling the windows wallet version of VTR with OTP_ENABLED? Is it not the same as their release? It's missing all the OTP stuff on their GitHub like askpassphrasedialog_otp.cpp etc... that's references when OTP_ENABLED is set.

LMAO.
Hmm good sir, what happened to "Fuck this thread. Im out." ? Please stay true to your word at least Wink
NextTrade

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 08:34:09 AM

LMAO.

So you were trying your best tickering around hoping to take vTorrent's 2FA awesomeness to your purevidz?

Im glad VTR dev keep 2FA from hopeless dev and people like you.
dukeneptun
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 10:34:55 AM

LMAO.
Hmm good sir, what happened to "Fuck this thread. Im out." ? Please stay true to your word at least Wink
I felt the obligation to do the due dilligence other people don't do of actually seeing of their real code is on Github, am I such a bad person?  Roll Eyes

LMAO.

So you were trying your best tickering around hoping to take vTorrent's 2FA awesomeness to your purevidz?

if you don't see the obvious problem with the danger in the wallet you're running being closed source you're either a bag holder, a socket puppet or just an idiot

i wanted to see if the implementation is as pathetic as what i think it is which makes the point of 2FA completely pointless... see gauth requires a "secret" so the question is where is this secret being stored and how?  i'm almost willing to bet that the gauth secret is simply stored encrypted by using your original passphrase, and then the decryption key for the wallet is probably something simple like the original passphrase concatenated with the gauth secret.  

As long as there's some way to get the secret from the original passphrase/machine it sorta makes 2FA pointless. In other words, willing to bet that 2fa/otp is bypassable and useless but hey, it's the closed source life? Smiley

If i've over looked something then feel free to point me to the implementation on Github cause as far as I can see the files are missing.
pnoch

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 11:27:59 AM

LMAO.
I felt the obligation to do the due dilligence other people don't do of actually seeing of their real code is on Github, am I such a bad person?  Roll Eyes

LMAO.

if you don't see the obvious problem with the danger in the wallet you're running being closed source you're either a bag holder, a socket puppet or just an idiot

i wanted to see if the implementation is as pathetic as what i think it is which makes the point of 2FA completely pointless... see gauth requires a "secret" so the question is where is this secret being stored and how?  i'm almost willing to bet that the gauth secret is simply stored encrypted by using your original passphrase, and then the decryption key for the wallet is probably something simple like the original passphrase concatenated with the gauth secret.  

As long as there's some way to get the secret from the original passphrase/machine it sorta makes 2FA pointless. In other words, willing to bet that 2fa/otp is bypassable and useless but hey, it's the closed source life? Smiley

If i've over looked something then feel free to point me to the implementation on Github cause as far as I can see the files are missing.

dukeneptun, you are an idiot who try to fud on VTR's 2FA for being unsecured without any kind of proof, and VTR is completely open source since anyone could freely build a wallet just without 2FA.

If you really think VTR's 2FA is that pointless and its implementation is really as pathetic as you think it is then you should have no problem cracking my 2FA secured wallet but I'm willing to bet that you wont be able to do shit spending your entire life trying.

If you are willing to proof that you are not an idiot, left us an email, then I will send you my wallet.dat with password  for you to crack.
dukeneptun
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 11:33:36 AM

LMAO.

LMAO.

dukeneptun, you are an idiot who try to fud on VTR's 2FA for being unsecured without any kind of proof, and VTR is completely open source since anyone could freely build a wallet just without 2FA.

If you really think VTR's 2FA is that pointless and its implementation is really as pathetic as you think it is then you should have no problem cracking my 2FA secured wallet but I'm willing to bet that you wont be able to do shit spending your entire life trying.

If you are willing to proof that you are not an idiot, left us an email, then I will send you my wallet.dat with password  for you to crack.

VTR is completely open source since anyone could freely build a wallet just without 2FA.
this is literally the definition of NOT being completely open source... LOL

If you are willing to proof that you are not an idiot, left us an email, then I will send you my wallet.dat with password  for you to crack.

read instead of strawmanning my clear concerns for lack of transparency in what a user running the wallet is using on their computer...

even if you sent me your wallet.dat, without having access to your entire computer and not knowing how the encrypted passphrase is stored since its closed source i'd obviously not be able to obtain the gauth secret.

could someone figure out how it is stored without having the source? sure.... but who'd waste time reverse engineering something like that? Lol...
Pickleninja

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 12:43:17 PM

Can someone please ban duke? Go shit in someone elses parade. 

We've been told that big changes are coming just two weeks away. Wait two weeks. Two! Fucking! Weeks!

Unless you can prove any of these allegations. Just shut the fuck up! Nobody wamts to hear your fud!

600+ alt coins and they all have one thing in common. People just like duke calling the masses bag holders and idiots for believing in a project.

I like this project. I have faith in it. It's been doing great over the last two months.

I don't care if your feelings are hurt, go fuck off!
dukeneptun
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 01:00:49 PM

We've been told that big changes are coming just two weeks away. Wait two weeks. Two! Fucking! Weeks!

Unless you can prove any of these allegations. Just shut the fuck up! Nobody wamts to hear your fud!

600+ alt coins and they all have one thing in common. People just like duke calling the masses bag holders and idiots for believing in a project.

I like this project. I have faith in it. It's been doing great over the last two months.

fyi my allegations are valid given the full source code for the windows wallet on the releases isn't public, keep plugging your ears screaming lalala until dev sticks a virus in there and says hey new release everyone make sure you update! Cheesy
ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 01:02:59 PM

fyi my allegations are valid given the full source code for the windows wallet on the releases isn't public, keep plugging your ears screaming lalala until dev sticks a virus in there and says hey new release everyone make sure you update! Cheesy

"allegations"

Its already been well discussed that not only will 2FA remain closed source, but the torrent features will be closed source upon release.

Hardly groundbreaking information.

Please go read the other 147 pages before you try to act like you've discovered some fantastic new information that everyone hadn't already discussed a long time ago.
dukeneptun
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 01:05:40 PM

"allegations"

Its already been well discussed that not only will 2FA remain closed source, but the torrent features will be closed source upon release.

Please go read the other 147 pages before you try to act like you've discovered some fantastic new information that everyone hadn't already discussed a long time ago.

lmao alright let me just run this shady ass program for torrenting and downloading copyrighted things, cracks, etc. that's CLOSED SOURCE... yup absolutely no worries or threat there! can't POSSIBLY see how that could go wrong. Oh... what's this undetected root kit I have?
ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 01:07:47 PM

"allegations"

lmao alright let me just run this shady ass program for torrenting and downloading copyrighted things, cracks, etc. that's CLOSED SOURCE... yup absolutely no worries or threat there! can't POSSIBLY see how that could go wrong. Oh... what's this undetected root kit I have?

Those are valid concerns, however people have known this about this particular project for quite some time. Go and read.

You can make your own decisions, or run the client in a sandbox/virtual machine.

Again, you're not pointing out anything that hasn't already been discussed.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 01:38:32 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2016, 05:58:54 PM by mishax1

From what I understand(it's written in the OP) is that it's going to function like kazaa and not like a regular torrent client where users need to visit a tracker to find(browse) the torrent file they are looking for to download, where you have known/registered uploaders that contribute legit content to the tracker.
My question is, how VTR is going to handle the lack of legit and popular content constantly provided by large uploaders ?

Also, part of the torrent user experience is the ability to browse the tracker for new(and legit) content , if this client is going to function like Kazaa, there will be no such experience. That is major functionality when it comes to finding content to download and watch/use.  Undecided
pugilist555

Activity: 474
Merit: 261

GBM

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 03:51:27 PM

"allegations"

People from purevidz coming and spamming here. 8 btc collected is a joke for purevidz and a small target of 50btc is also a concern. Nobody wants to invest in scams.

VTR did not have an ICO and the dev keeps posting periodically updating us of things coming. You want it open source so you can copy it for your scammy coins and nothing else. Dev has no obligation to open source it until he is ready and knows there is a headstart to all you scammers. If you are not happy with it being closed source then go and sit in your pure vidz scam thread do not spoil this thread.

Blockchain technology
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 04:18:56 PM

Dear all,

As of now, only vTorrent Core is open sourced, and the reason we need to keep our full client (2FA included) closed source is to prevent other dev to clone our work and claim it as their own (or falsely claim as their project being one of the first to implement those features).

When Bittorrent part of vTorrent is reveal in a few release from now, hopefully our project will then be wildly known in crypto-currency space and the decision to open sourced other part of our project will then be considered again.

Regards,

vTorrent

bump
j4se

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 04:23:04 PM

Don't worry about Duke - he just wants it fully open source so he can fork it and create VTR Classic.
pugilist555

Activity: 474
Merit: 261

GBM

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 04:31:05 PM

Dear all,

As of now, only vTorrent Core is open sourced, and the reason we need to keep our full client (2FA included) closed source is to prevent other dev to clone our work and claim it as their own (or falsely claim as their project being one of the first to implement those features).

When Bittorrent part of vTorrent is reveal in a few release from now, hopefully our project will then be wildly known in crypto-currency space and the decision to open sourced other part of our project will then be considered again.

Regards,

vTorrent

bump

Thanks for the bump. And as an investor I complete agree with the dev.

Blockchain technology
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 04:37:33 PM

Don't worry about Duke - he just wants it fully open source so he can fork it and create VTR Classic.

I'm so not worried.
rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 04:45:49 PM

Your fucking mental if you think im a troll. I invest serious dust amounts of btc into alts and when I make a post its because im seriously thinking or feeling like that.

This thread is full of attackers who cant even respect the other guys. I am whining to get cheap coins.

Fuck this thread. Im out. I'll be back in a few hours.

PureVidz VTR to the MOOON!

We thank you for the free publicity, anyway.  Smiley

Do you seriously not invest in coins because you feel the community is mean? You realize how absurd that is?

"I don't want to make money on this investment because I don't like the people who are also invested in it!"   Angry

Just sayin'  Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: