Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:53:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 03:05:18 PM

Even Geopay is looking into BitBay  Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gomei

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 03:14:40 PM

too much ICO,
and the price need long time to recover,I guess.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
DeezCoinz

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 04:52:23 PM

Setup 5BTC buy for 65 if you want out i am willing to give you a way out:)

You must be affraid of someone who has no fear of loosing:)

Hey Issie81. You said you own tweakers.net, an online marketplace. Instead of buying up all the bitbay with your BTC, wouldn't it be a better idea to accept bitbay as payment on your marketplace? People would become interested in bitbay, they would be useful now, the price would rise and you could still collect them. Sort of like Bitcoin.

Your pal,
DeezCoinz
issie81

Activity: 760

CryptoZilla

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 06:01:54 PM

Hey Issie81. You said you own tweakers.net, an online marketplace. Instead of buying up all the bitbay with your BTC, wouldn't it be a better idea to accept bitbay as payment on your marketplace? People would become interested in bitbay, they would be useful now, the price would rise and you could still collect them. Sort of like Bitcoin.

Your pal,
DeezCoinz

Noo i did't say that, i own a company respect on Tweakers.net (which is always each year top10 best visited websites in Netherlands)..i own a online webshop (revenue goes up in millions)
we allready accept Bitcoins as payment, so adding bitbay wouldn't be bad at all but there must be a product first.. David is working hard on making this happen. i can only support the coin further more if the product/marketplace is launched, have to think about that because of the shop i can life, drink and eat:)..my investments in Bitbay is something i can miss (always invest money you can miss)
DeezCoinz

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 06:08:51 PM

Your pal,
DeezCoinz

Noo i did't say that, i own a company respect on Tweakers.net (which is always each year top10 best visited websites in Netherlands)..i own a online webshop (revenue goes up in millions)
we allready accept Bitcoins as payment, so adding bitbay wouldn't be bad at all but there must be a product first.. David is working hard on making this happen. i can only support the coin further more if the product/marketplace is launched, have to think about that because of the shop i can life, drink and eat:)..my investments in Bitbay is something i can miss (always invest money you can miss)

OK. I guess I see. The real value of bitbay will be for using it on the bitbay marketplace. Obviously, why would I buy bitbay with bitcoin to use bitbay at your webshop when I can more easily use bitcoin already. Are you planning to open a shop on the bitbay marketplace? Why would someone go there instead of to your existing webshop?

Thanks.
DeezCoinz
issie81

CryptoZilla

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 06:25:04 PM

Your pal,
DeezCoinz

OK. I guess I see. The real value of bitbay will be for using it on the bitbay marketplace. Obviously, why would I buy bitbay with bitcoin to use bitbay at your webshop when I can more easily use bitcoin already. Are you planning to open a shop on the bitbay marketplace? Why would someone go there instead of to your existing webshop?

Thanks.
DeezCoinz

Well we can sell our products on the marketplace, maybe in times there will be APIs ready so we can easily import products from feed.
DeezCoinz

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 06:33:03 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2014, 07:01:23 PM by DeezCoinz

I have a more general question.

Why would I (general purpose consumer, internet savvy) use an "XXXXcoin" based decentralized marketplace instead of amazon or Ebay? I already know how to use ebay, they take my credit card, and I don't care who knows that I buy old radio tubes or comic books.

With cryptocurrency, I have to manage my coins, I need a wallet on my system because I don't trust any online wallet, I have to have 3 copies of my wallet or keys or whatever on different devices every time I make any kind of transaction otherwise I might lose it. I don't feel comfortable keeping $100K on my computer anyway.

Even if every business in the world took bitcoin or XXXcoin I still have to purchase bitcoin with my credit card to use bitcoin, rather than just making the purchase directly with my card.

The only allure of the decentralized marketplace seems to be that it would be "impossible to stop" unlike the Dark Net on Tor which can be broken when the central system for a market is discovered.

It seems like if I don't intend to make illegal purchases or I want to "stick it to the man" there really isn't a mass market allure to digital currency.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
DeezCoinz
DeezCoinz

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 06:42:53 PM

Well we can sell our products on the marketplace, maybe in times there will be APIs ready so we can easily import products from feed.

Import what products, SmartPhones and cigarettes? There are already protocols available, HTTP and SSL that allow me to purchase goods from anyplace in the world with my credit card. As far as APIs and transaction protocols that allow all the credit card processing to occur, I don't know anything about that. I'm a Soccer Mom. I go to Amazon, type Nike Sneakers in the search box, look through the results and press the buy button and get the sneakers my kid wants delivered to my home. For Free, because I bought a Prime account.

Will digital cash make that easier? I'd like that.

Thanks,
DeezCoinz
Gizfreak
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 07:18:34 PM

Import what products, SmartPhones and cigarettes? There are already protocols available, HTTP and SSL that allow me to purchase goods from anyplace in the world with my credit card. As far as APIs and transaction protocols that allow all the credit card processing to occur, I don't know anything about that. I'm a Soccer Mom. I go to Amazon, type Nike Sneakers in the search box, look through the results and press the buy button and get the sneakers my kid wants delivered to my home. For Free, because I bought a Prime account.

Thanks,
DeezCoinz
I can't agree with your vision. I know that e.g. PayPal takes about 4-5% that would be $4-5 per $100.
BitBay sellers would have a better price margin to sell products and if they lower their selling price to give some profit to the buyer, then I would say it's a win/win situation. Wouldn't you?
youngmike

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 07:21:53 PM

Yes real world purposes this coin is different real decentralized central bank resistant  Smiley
DeezCoinz

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 09:33:32 PM

Thanks,
DeezCoinz
I can't agree with your vision. I know that e.g. PayPal takes about 4-5% that would be $4-5 per $100.
BitBay sellers would have a better price margin to sell products and if they lower their selling price to give some profit to the buyer, then I would say it's a win/win situation. Wouldn't you?

Thanks for the compliment, but I'm not a visionary.  Wink I buy and use bitcoin because it's fun and for the technology. I trade a few crytocurrencies, less than $150 total, because it's fun, and I just might end up very rich someday.  Cheesy So, I'm down with digital currencies. My wife is the devils advocate. She asks "who would want to use that?" I don't have a good answer. If, because of no interest and no transaction fees, coin based markets could offer across the board lower prices than the competition as you suggest, that would be a good reason to convert. Most tech advances are either completely new ideas or improvements on existing tech. Often the improvements involve ease of use. I don't have a case where any coin based marketplace would be easier to use for most people. Without that there doesn't seem to be any compelling reason to switch.
DeezCoinz

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 09:40:29 PM

Yes real world purposes this coin is different real decentralized central bank resistant  Smiley

Being bank resistant is also a problem. With coins, I am the banker. I have to keep my money safe. I can't trust it to anyone on the Internet yet. When I can trust an internet entity, they will be trustworthy because there will be regulation and penalties. Where do I store my retirement fund in bitcoin? How do I get interest on the money so it grows? Where will I get a loan to finance a mortgage?

Let me know if I'm going too far off topic.

Thanks,
DeezCoinz
Kevinrasf

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 10:01:06 PM

Being bank resistant is also a problem. With coins, I am the banker. I have to keep my money safe. I can't trust it to anyone on the Internet yet. When I can trust an internet entity, they will be trustworthy because there will be regulation and penalties. Where do I store my retirement fund in bitcoin? How do I get interest on the money so it grows? Where will I get a loan to finance a mortgage?

Let me know if I'm going too far off topic.

Thanks,
DeezCoinz

You are asking the right questions.

Many coins bring many new techs, Bitbay will bring an Market that is decentralized.

You get 1 % interest by staking at the moment.

The good side of Internet Anonimity is also its bad side, like scammers etc.

The coin that will fill all your answers will be the perfect coin.

I think for the moment Bitbay is an part of the perfect coin, but has potential to upgrade into more.

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
UNO_owner

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 05:16:59 AM

I'm so confused.

You guys have already been shown how this was a massive scam from inception. 
Smart contracts already exist for both Bitcoin and Blackcoin if that is the sort of thing that interests you.
There are millions upon millions of FREE coins out there that could dump at any time.
David fully admits he is not a cryptocurrency developer.  BAY is simply wallet software with a fork of blackcoin and it will never be more.

There was literally zero reason to invest in this coin at IPO unless you thought it was going to pump, but now?  I'm not sure why people aren't cutting their losses here.  I hope it works out for you.

Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 06:12:30 AM

I'm so confused.

You guys have already been shown how this was a massive scam from inception.  
Smart contracts already exist for both Bitcoin and Blackcoin if that is the sort of thing that interests you.
There are millions upon millions of FREE coins out there that could dump at any time.
David fully admits he is not a cryptocurrency developer.  BAY is simply wallet software with a fork of blackcoin and it will never be more.

There was literally zero reason to invest in this coin at IPO unless you thought it was going to pump, but now?  I'm not sure why people aren't cutting their losses here.  I hope it works out for you.

well,..so let them/us to compete
who will exist
market will tell us
BitBaydev (OP)

Activity: 155
Merit: 11

https://bitbay.market

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 08:57:36 AM

Mac wallet update:

https://mega.co.nz/#!NUxS0LTQ!lTx0PjTlX9pbjWDxLTNqxZTmti3pLZ53G7vm6YdBaY0

Thanks for your support!

David Zimbeck Interview

BitBay Official Twitter: https://twitter.com/BitBayofficial
BitBaydev (OP)

Activity: 155
Merit: 11

https://bitbay.market

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 09:08:23 AM

BitBay smart contract wallet:

(New compiled coming soon)

BitBay tutorials, Smart Contracts & Halo Tech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieTIr71Sb3c

can we please just make up our minds on forums...also, please have David vouch for which one is actually the OFFICIAL thread
thanks

David Zimbeck will confirm this thread.

We will update V1.1 smart contract wallet later.

Thanks

David Zimbeck Interview

BitBay Official Twitter: https://twitter.com/BitBayofficial
issie81

CryptoZilla

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 10:30:44 AM

BitBay smart contract wallet:

(New compiled coming soon)

BitBay tutorials, Smart Contracts & Halo Tech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieTIr71Sb3c

can we please just make up our minds on forums...also, please have David vouch for which one is actually the OFFICIAL thread
thanks

David Zimbeck will confirm this thread.

We will update V1.1 smart contract wallet later.

Thanks

Nice jobs guys!!
Everything put in place to make a nice 2015
After this news i but 2BTC @72 still a bargain
astrobitcoin

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:54:15 AM

I have a more general question.

Why would I (general purpose consumer, internet savvy) use an "XXXXcoin" based decentralized marketplace instead of amazon or Ebay? I already know how to use ebay, they take my credit card, and I don't care who knows that I buy old radio tubes or comic books.

With cryptocurrency, I have to manage my coins, I need a wallet on my system because I don't trust any online wallet, I have to have 3 copies of my wallet or keys or whatever on different devices every time I make any kind of transaction otherwise I might lose it. I don't feel comfortable keeping $100K on my computer anyway.

Even if every business in the world took bitcoin or XXXcoin I still have to purchase bitcoin with my credit card to use bitcoin, rather than just making the purchase directly with my card.

The only allure of the decentralized marketplace seems to be that it would be "impossible to stop" unlike the Dark Net on Tor which can be broken when the central system for a market is discovered.

It seems like if I don't intend to make illegal purchases or I want to "stick it to the man" there really isn't a mass market allure to digital currency.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
DeezCoinz

i think we all share this kind of doubts but i usually consider this:

we are pioneers in this field, i mean, we are experimenting methods that maybe are going to be used in 10-15 years by everyone in the world.. some methods will fail and some other will survive and become a standard, that's why is funny to have interest / invest in something you believe is "the way".. or has hints in it about the future..

even sending and email 20 years ago was mechanical and complicated. it's the development, the interest and the actual function in it that made it easy to use and popular
Gizfreak
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 12:16:39 PM

I took a look at the official FaceBook page to see no content and only a few followers.
Strangely enough FB got a link on the official site, whereas I started a Google+ community that I keep up to date and that isn't even mentioned.
To make a long story short: Can I have a link there?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: