Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:43:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
xizmax

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 03:03:11 PM

News? Haven't heard from David in a while.
He is working hard on the client (smart contract/market) atm and we as a team are testing the new QT wallets that should be launched soon.

that is great news to see new client and smart contract/market.

Not sure that is a smart contract wallet or market just a basic QT wallet to stake i imagine?

How long will markets be do you have any idea?

Well done to him for sticking this project out i am sure he will do what is needed.

It is actually Dutch if I'm not mistaken. Good to see papertowel logo is out Smiley

BURST, your C:\urrency
Follow us on https://twitter.com/burstcoin_dev

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 03:04:07 PM

It's the QT wallet that automatically shows your local language. In my case it's dutch Wink
Btw for me it looked more like toiletpaper than paper towel and I also was really fed up with watching it when staking as a matter of fact.^^
deluxeCITY

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 03:06:35 PM

It's the QT wallet that automatically shows your local language. In my case it's dutch Wink

That's cool  Smiley

I will be able to once again stake, at the moment i have not logged into the smartcontract wallet for around a month, could i have staked within this time?
Gizfreak
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 03:36:40 PM

I will be able to once again stake, at the moment i have not logged into the smartcontract wallet for around a month, could i have staked within this time?
I've been staking with my old QT wallet all the time up until now, so yes you could've...
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 05:36:10 PM

Hello guys, I have been giving most my updates on Slack because thats where most of the core team has been spending their time. One member(metakid) wrote an amazing bot for chatting and other things. Also he helped with marketing organization and promos and connected us to the new Qt wallet which is looking very nice. We will be setting up some permanent nodes so that staking will always have connections.

As for me, I'm working now daily on markets. Today, I made the moderation and trust building system. So you can receive a rating, flag orders, leave reviews, etc. Everything in the decentralized server works like Bitcoin. I hash the orders and verify them with your public key which represents your account. There are two moderation keys as well for advanced moderation. Although it is decentralized and there is no central server. However, the peers keep a memory of what is going on and what they see and validate is what they will remember.

So far its really cool its like the "email of Bitcoin" since each message is verified and I could add so many layers to it. I've even seen some interesting ideas on i2p with Bitmessage. I'm tempted to change more of it but for now we need the support of all the nodes. Blackcoin has prepared to add checklocktimeverify and we have also added it and will prepare to fork a little bit later with pegging. The markets already work. I can add nodes to make Bitmessage faster but I'm not going to do that for beta testing. Instead, we just have a local data directory which was a common Bitmessage request that I've taken the initiative to fulfill. I'm still debating with myself to add more nodes or not.

The whitelisting system will be much more effective once we have nodes with great reputations. So I'm starting with the most basic.

I've tested posting orders to the markets and I can easily add and remove orders or markets. Now I am designing the whole UI and templates. That is the most complex part since each template will auto-execute or greatly assist you. I've got to decide how much customization I want with it before debuting the markets. Its possible I will give some updates with screenshots in the near future.
Gabriel.S

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 04:52:29 AM

Hello guys, I have been giving most my updates on Slack because thats where most of the core team has been spending their time. One member(metakid) wrote an amazing bot for chatting and other things. Also he helped with marketing organization and promos and connected us to the new Qt wallet which is looking very nice. We will be setting up some permanent nodes so that staking will always have connections.

As for me, I'm working now daily on markets. Today, I made the moderation and trust building system. So you can receive a rating, flag orders, leave reviews, etc. Everything in the decentralized server works like Bitcoin. I hash the orders and verify them with your public key which represents your account. There are two moderation keys as well for advanced moderation. Although it is decentralized and there is no central server. However, the peers keep a memory of what is going on and what they see and validate is what they will remember.

So far its really cool its like the "email of Bitcoin" since each message is verified and I could add so many layers to it. I've even seen some interesting ideas on i2p with Bitmessage. I'm tempted to change more of it but for now we need the support of all the nodes. Blackcoin has prepared to add checklocktimeverify and we have also added it and will prepare to fork a little bit later with pegging. The markets already work. I can add nodes to make Bitmessage faster but I'm not going to do that for beta testing. Instead, we just have a local data directory which was a common Bitmessage request that I've taken the initiative to fulfill. I'm still debating with myself to add more nodes or not.

The whitelisting system will be much more effective once we have nodes with great reputations. So I'm starting with the most basic.

I've tested posting orders to the markets and I can easily add and remove orders or markets. Now I am designing the whole UI and templates. That is the most complex part since each template will auto-execute or greatly assist you. I've got to decide how much customization I want with it before debuting the markets. Its possible I will give some updates with screenshots in the near future.

But is that all for BitBay coin, or is it gonna be added to BlackCoin too? I invested some but sold after I saw that BitBay wont be the only coin with markets. Please tell us your work is just for BitBay so us buyers know what to buy. thanx.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 05:22:51 AM

But is that all for BitBay coin, or is it gonna be added to BlackCoin too? I invested some but sold after I saw that BitBay wont be the only coin with markets. Please tell us your work is just for BitBay so us buyers know what to buy. thanx.

There are some very big differences between BlackHalo and BitBay. Personally, I think both are very good. BlackHalo has microtrading with NightTrader when the markets debut but Bitbay will have pegging/hedging. So they both have markets but are very different. One is more focused on trading, the other on economy.

Personally the hedging in BitBay is very exciting to me and I think its the main reason to buy this coin especially now when its so cheap. Since it will be consensus driven deflation and inflation so the price will be able to grow with the demand. Once we add pegging, i think every coin will want it. In theory, it is a very powerful set of rules.
Kevinrasf

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 09:06:42 AM

There are some very big differences between BlackHalo and BitBay. Personally, I think both are very good. BlackHalo has microtrading with NightTrader when the markets debut but Bitbay will have pegging/hedging. So they both have markets but are very different. One is more focused on trading, the other on economy.

Personally the hedging in BitBay is very exciting to me and I think its the main reason to buy this coin especially now when its so cheap. Since it will be consensus driven deflation and inflation so the price will be able to grow with the demand. Once we add pegging, i think every coin will want it. In theory, it is a very powerful set of rules.

The pegging part is what will be the most interesting.

Common folks and Merchants will have the security of a stable coin with an stable value so that their coins dont suddenly drop in price.

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:03:17 PM

@Dzimbeck

is there any plan to make android wallet for bitbay?..
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:49:24 PM

The pegging part is what will be the most interesting.

Common folks and Merchants will have the security of a stable coin with an stable value so that their coins dont suddenly drop in price.

I really hope when we get to that point people will notice our deflation. I think they will the debate is at what speed should we deflate and if we should deflate on the fork like automatically 90% or build to it.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:53:40 PM

@Dzimbeck

is there any plan to make android wallet for bitbay?..

Its a complex proposal to have a good android wallet. Since BitBay is really resource intensive it would require a lot of work to port it to android. But perhaps a "simple wallet" can be planned? There was some people who made proposals to partner with me on a mobile Halo. But that would distract me from the tasks at hand.
healthhealer4

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 09:35:52 PM

News? Haven't heard from David in a while.
He is working hard on the client (smart contract/market) atm and we as a team are testing the new QT wallets that should be launched soon.

that is great news to see new client and smart contract/market.

Not sure that is a smart contract wallet or market just a basic QT wallet to stake i imagine?

How long will markets be do you have any idea?

Well done to him for sticking this project out i am sure he will do what is needed.

It is actually Dutch if I'm not mistaken. Good to see papertowel logo is out Smiley

Any ETA on this QT wallet? The design is so nice it has me clicking the jpeg.
deluxeCITY

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 11:43:24 PM

Way to go David am looking forward to the Bay markets  Smiley

Cannot wait to start buying and selling without the stupid 13%ish fee's currently with ebay and paypal.

Did you manage to find anyone in India to help out?

Well done all involved looking like a come back is on from where i sit.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 01:43:58 AM

Cannot wait to start buying and selling without the stupid 13%ish fee's currently with ebay and paypal.

Well, I'm going to schedule interviews and get as many leads as possible. Nothing yet but I do have someone refactoring the code. In fact, they are on an "unbreakable Halo contract" and to be honest, it is working. He has to respond weekly or it blows up and the last two weeks were exciting. The bomb almost went off today but he came through in the nick of time.

The thing about getting coders in India was I realized I'm on a deadline. I've got to get this beta markets out as fast as humanly possible! And to do that, I've got to code. So my hope is I can get a tangible beta out by the months end or the first half of next month.
Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 02:37:07 AM

bitbay price down and down

are there any competitor for it,..
Gabriel.S

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 04:01:02 AM

Well, I'm going to schedule interviews and get as many leads as possible. Nothing yet but I do have someone refactoring the code. In fact, they are on an "unbreakable Halo contract" and to be honest, it is working. He has to respond weekly or it blows up and the last two weeks were exciting. The bomb almost went off today but he came through in the nick of time.

The thing about getting coders in India was I realized I'm on a deadline. I've got to get this beta markets out as fast as humanly possible! And to do that, I've got to code. So my hope is I can get a tangible beta out by the months end or the first half of next month.

but coders are on deadline for Halo.. you said markets are far BlackCoin (Halo) and pegging is for BitBay. So when can we get an update for THIS coin (pegging)?? Otherwise, maybe should buy BlackCoin first? Such confuse. Hope to see update on pegging asap.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 09:01:46 AM

but coders are on deadline for Halo.. you said markets are far BlackCoin (Halo) and pegging is for BitBay. So when can we get an update for THIS coin (pegging)?? Otherwise, maybe should buy BlackCoin first? Such confuse. Hope to see update on pegging asap.

They are only refactoring the code which means making it more efficient which is a totally seperate project. I'm currently the only coder for markets and pegging. The markets for BitBay is what is being working on right now and my deadline is within the month... all Halo clients use the same platform since smart contracts need a market environment to thrive.

Pegging is coming soon but I would say stay with Bitbay because you believe in it not because you are waiting for right before pegging to buy.
deluxeCITY

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 01:54:59 PM

They are only refactoring the code which means making it more efficient which is a totally seperate project. I'm currently the only coder for markets and pegging. The markets for BitBay is what is being working on right now and my deadline is within the month... all Halo clients use the same platform since smart contracts need a market environment to thrive.

Pegging is coming soon but I would say stay with Bitbay because you believe in it not because you are waiting for right before pegging to buy.

I have held Bitbay for awhile now not because of pegging but decentralized market i know it's going to be awesome.

Good to here guess the project only needs you to complete markets for Bay bit of a catch 20, you look for coders to help but that takes the time from the progress you would have made without looking.

Either way i am here for the long road Smiley

Cheers for the information is there anyway i can keep more up to date away from here? 
Gizfreak
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 02:38:10 PM

is there anyway i can keep more up to date away from here? 
The most recent updates are twittered at https://twitter.com/bitbaytalk and I myself publish them at the Google+ Community (see my signature)
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 11:11:57 PM

I have held Bitbay for awhile now not because of pegging but decentralized market i know it's going to be awesome.

Good to here guess the project only needs you to complete markets for Bay bit of a catch 20, you look for coders to help but that takes the time from the progress you would have made without looking.

Either way i am here for the long road Smiley

Cheers for the information is there anyway i can keep more up to date away from here? 

Yes!  You can join us on slack! The guys are on there every day and its really positive. We can send you an invite if you give us a username.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: