Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:16:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 09:46:04 PM

Most devs dont "care" because they aren't devs. All they know how to do is clone a coin and slap a website together and promise you the moon.

There are only about 10-20 serious and devoted devs in crypto. And maybe a lot of them will burn out. Then consider out of them, they are overworked. I know I sure as hell am. Then consider they deal with tremendous pressure! They work on open source so the reward is diminishing if they dont make it and they have to compete with people who are not devs, but only know how to raise funds with vaporware.Then consider how many of those devs are just greedy and their projects need to be equally innovative and creative. If they have no marketing, they also might hit many road blocks. Getting assistance is hard too because most coders dont understand blockchain tech (maybe only so few cryptographers in the world who will work in cryptocurrency).

In a game/business/(all current industry) with a mix of honest people and liars expect the liars to always rise to the top (because they can cheat and you cant). We are in a growing industry so expect this environment to hinge on what I've just said here.

Only the very lucky few honest people make it because their products were powerful enough and didn't get sabotaged. Crypto is not a healthy industry because it revolves around money and thus is currently driven by greed not ideology. This doesnt mean it wont progress though. It will but it will probably end up in the wrong hands.

Hopefully, new people can come into the space and develop but then again with the open source issue they would need some serious motivation. Devs are not fund raisers and fund raisers are not devs.

Dont let this demotivate you, in contrast, it should help you notice the projects that are worth their salt.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 10:14:58 PM

Most devs dont "care" because they aren't devs. All they know how to do is clone a coin and slap a website together and promise you the moon.

There are only about 10-20 serious and devoted devs in crypto. And maybe a lot of them will burn out. Then consider out of them, they are overworked. I know I sure as hell am. Then consider they deal with tremendous pressure! They work on open source so the reward is diminishing if they dont make it and they have to compete with people who are not devs, but only know how to raise funds with vaporware.Then consider how many of those devs are just greedy and their projects need to be equally innovative and creative. If they have no marketing, they also might hit many road blocks. Getting assistance is hard too because most coders dont understand blockchain tech (maybe only so few cryptographers in the world who will work in cryptocurrency).

In a game/business/(all current industry) with a mix of honest people and liars expect the liars to always rise to the top (because they can cheat and you cant). We are in a growing industry so expect this environment to hinge on what I've just said here.

Only the very lucky few honest people make it because their products were powerful enough and didn't get sabotaged. Crypto is not a healthy industry because it revolves around money and thus is currently driven by greed not ideology. This doesnt mean it wont progress though. It will but it will probably end up in the wrong hands.

Hopefully, new people can come into the space and develop but then again with the open source issue they would need some serious motivation. Devs are not fund raisers and fund raisers are not devs.

Dont let this demotivate you, in contrast, it should help you notice the projects that are worth their salt.

Its been so long time since i nodded my head, and said "yes" out loud to myself while reading a post around here. Thanks for that moment of clarity.

So so true.
3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 10:30:30 PM

i have my 500k bitbay on bter, so that is really painful for me if i lost my coins,
btw i have learnt lesson never keep your coins on any exchange.

Hey man, don't beat yourself up over it. So far it's still looking like the thief was only after BTC, but none the less, as the old-timer saying goes, "nothing like bought experience" - meaning, you lose money to learn to never to do that mistake again!

That being said, we have a coin here that can correct the system. Crypto was created in part so that the middle man would be 'out of the picture'.

I've even heard a Cryptsy chat moderator say once, "if a hack hit them, the only thing they could do is 'pull the plug' and hope for the best." I think exchanges will continue to strive, as people are lazy, but for the sake of bringing in the 'high roller' investors, a system needs to be created that is unhackable.
Sure, crypto coin math is flawless, but the people would think they can manage it for you are nothing but potential flaws. Just look at Blackcoin's exco.in! Dumbest human flaw on the  planet, and it was all perpetuated by the 'worry' that if they didn't have the fastest exchange system on the planet, then it wouldn't fly! Guess what - it didn't even take off and probably won't ever now because it's humanly flawed!

With Bitbay smart contract tech, a secure system program can be achieved without the middleman screwing things up (and for a fee to top that).

3r197

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 10:46:25 PM

Thanks for the response. Wish I could help on the dev system, but I'm not of that resource, none the less, I like where this coin is going. I totally agree with your words. 

And I've not responded to your last PM because I'm simply 'overworked' right now and wish to spend a good couple of days to absorb it and hopefully add to it!!

Thanks again for everything!

silavon

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 10:47:44 PM

David Zimbeck I always believed in you and never stop. You are very smart and intelligent man with perspective...

Keep up the good work and the results will come...

Your work is timeless and a lot of people do not realize it yet...

Wink
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 10:48:54 PM

Its been so long time since i nodded my head, and said "yes" out loud to myself while reading a post around here. Thanks for that moment of clarity.

So so true.

You are welcome. Thanks for the support. The good thing is this is the first time in history open source projects really stand a chance to get noticed. Imagine combining blockchain tech with video games or having stocks that run like crypto assets and pay dividends honestly. The only thing left to do is decentralize everything including farming(spirulina/water from air), manufacturing(3d printed electronics), home building(Compressed earth block machines and 3d printed homes), communication/media(local meshnets), energy(spirulina again, solar and a million other techs), petrol(spirulina again) etc etc

Bitcoin is very destructive to idealists because it draws the wrong kind of attention. The idea of decentralization is not being pushed and instead centralized services and middle men seek to dominate it and already have done so successfully(centralized mining and 3rd party services get 100% of the VC funding). Thats why a lot of people don't like Halo. It gets rid of middle men in a quest to reduce that fat in society.  It also makes deception impossible or very impractical which is not going to be very popular with 50% of society. This same fat that makes people wealthy BUT in the long run makes the majority poor since the resources get abused and people are extracted from. A bottled waters price is determined by the middle men services to get it to you. You in turn pay for everything BUT the water (you pay for the marketing, the lawyers, the branding, the shipping, etc). Excess consumption was never a good idea and its going to take a miracle to have middle men want to disempower themselves.

Imagine how many jobs are completely pointless because they are servicing the middle men. A majority of the jobs we do serve no true function other than sustaining the broken system and support pointless industries only geared at extraction. Even though governments would never admit this or realize it because they are afraid and live in perpetual fear, they actually benefit from cutting down consumption. But they think they have to constantly increase it to obfuscate themselves and control people. If the unnecessary services were eliminated, people could actually live their lives and express their creative potentials and we would advance immensely. Everyone would win. But i think society is heading in the opposite direction and its maybe so difficult to resist the tide.

The problem has and will always be media(not money the problem was never the money, it doesnt even exist). The truth is out there but the only thing that can't be decentralized easily is the voice/media. Anyone that tries will get destroyed. The other  issue is changing the hearts of men. It may never really happen since most people only think in terms of their immediate desires.

Speaking of which, bitcointalk is not a good website anymore because it has become overrun with fake profiles. I think the next bitcointalk should require a bitcoin balance and a valid public key to register. Really, this site should be shut down.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 10:54:10 PM

David Zimbeck I always believed in you and never stop. You are very smart and intelligent man with perspective...

Keep up the good work and the results will come...

Your work is timeless and a lot of people do not realize it yet...

Wink

Thank you that really helps. You know what, even if these products arent the ones to make it, all that matters is if the ideas survive. I would rather it get copied by 1000 businesses than it having to be the one. If the idea gets into the world, especially double deposit, we will have won a major victory.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 11:00:37 PM

Thanks for the response. Wish I could help on the dev system, but I'm not of that resource, none the less, I like where this coin is going. I totally agree with your words.  

And I've not responded to your last PM because I'm simply 'overworked' right now and wish to spend a good couple of days to absorb it and hopefully add to it!!

No problem, take your time. I'm traveling the next few days and usually completely swamped in work so no big deal. Smiley
Gabriel.S

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 05:29:56 AM

No problem, take your time. I'm traveling the next few days and usually completely swamped in work so no big deal. Smiley

Looking forward to seeing updates to the pegging asap
3r197

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 01:05:49 PM

I've noticed quite a lot of unaccepted stake rewards on my wallet lately. Starting around 2/15/15 at about 2:00 am USA Central standard time -  I'd say about 75% of my stake rewards are rejected - they have the "?" symbol in the transaction window.

Anyone else experiencing a high reject rate lately?

Update...

Coins staking much better now, since 2/16/15 5:45 am USA CST, there's only been about a 10% reject rate in my wallet.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 01:59:17 PM

Looking forward to seeing updates to the pegging asap

Well pegging is definitely the feature im most excited about but the markets come first. But it will be soon just hang in there. Rome wasnt built in a day  Smiley
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 04:22:06 PM

Well pegging is definitely the feature im most excited about but the markets come first. But it will be soon just hang in there. Rome wasnt built in a day  Smiley

Well I *was* excited about it while I had some bay  Sad

You should start entertaining the possibility that they are going to keep the alts.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 05:27:17 PM

Well pegging is definitely the feature im most excited about but the markets come first. But it will be soon just hang in there. Rome wasnt built in a day  Smiley

Well I *was* excited about it while I had some bay  Sad

You should start entertaining the possibility that they are going to keep the alts.

If you are alluding to BTER, i think that your BitBay is safe (unless you sold it).

We can always find another exchange to host pegging or even host it in the wallet tradable in NightTrader or something. We will figure it out. Cryptocurrency isnt going anywhere.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 05:35:35 PM

If you are alluding to BTER, i think that your BitBay is safe (unless you sold it).

Thanks a comforting remark !

I'll hold out hope  Wink
spookycoins

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 09:44:26 PM

I was so confused by this BitBay article:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/112530/there-are-still-millions-of-people-in-poland-who-have-never-heard-of-bitcoin-sylwester-suszek-bitbay

Until I realized that BitBay is also the name of a Polish crypto exchange:
https://bitbay.net/

That's me on twitter --> @spookycoins
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 12:57:17 PM

Looks like BTER is thinking about selling out in order to be able to cover withdrawals for their customers. Also seems like altcoins are safe as far as they have revealed anyway.

https://twitter.com/btercom/status/567987938341953536

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
politzer

Activity: 492

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 06:35:26 PM

Looks like BTER is thinking about selling out in order to be able to cover withdrawals for their customers. Also seems like altcoins are safe as far as they have revealed anyway.

https://twitter.com/btercom/status/567987938341953536
one somehow alternative could be a huge pump of Bitbay and compensating some portion of the loss in Bter

Bean Cash: 2STLLsAj2yujtffCE9oYUQwfELjhtgia22
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 07:33:28 PM

You can now vote for BAY at the votinglist of C-Cex

https://c-cex.com/?id=vote
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 10:21:07 PM

BTER is now up, just for anyone who might have coin there.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
Vlizzjeffrey

Activity: 784
Merit: 503

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 11:13:25 PM

this coin was traded for 300 sats in november 2014 with high volume, and now its been in the 50 sats range for weeks, looks like a good investment

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: