Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:25:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
HarryPotHead

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

You are what you eat. PIZZA!

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 07:55:26 PM

Hey guys I see the feedback. I wanted to clarify. Im only giving an option for anyone with a moderator key (not just myself) to be able to remove heavy drugs and contract killers. For something that is illegal in some countries and legal in others, we can let it slide. Perhaps "weed" is OK as long as its legal where its being sold and sent. So I mean its not necessary for me to be babysit it. It just gives me the option to protect my ass if i have to.

Also, its still decentralized because if I stop moderating it, then who will moderate it? I will give out the mod key to a few friends that I trust. I believe in free markets. Actually I am a cryptoanarchist. But that doesnt mean i shouldnt consider what just happened(I got sabotaged) and think "Ok, lets not let that happen again"

So yeah, its decentralized. People should be excited that finally there is a decentralized exchange and barter and employment and all the things crypto is missing. If they want drugs im sure they will reverse engineer it or go to Tor/Onion network.

And the answer to the question about spoofing IP addresses. Not only will a ban force them to use a new one but also will ban the BitBay account and Bitmessage account used with it. So they would have to make everything new again.

There isnt really a way to prevent anything on a decentralized market but it helps. Also, later i can add a second layer of trust building and whitelists if needed.

You could try something like that, but as you say, there isnt really a way to prevent anything on a decentralized market. How about combining it with easy access to the ip addresses for government agencies like police and interpool. That would scare a lot of buyers of illegal goods.

That sounds like a real good idea to me just give the feds a key to the backdoor, you are a genius, pretty sure you are the type that would give your family to them aswel you stupid person what is wrong with you. You are part of the reason the world is the way it is! Another idea we could film ourselves actually using the market and send that aswel with our social security so then they know for sure who is buying or selling, what da you think dawg? How about fuck freedom and we walk our asses in single file all the way to the hermetically sealed coffins until they can maintain a population? You would not get a turnip this time you would get a bullet between the eyes! you sheep shit all over the constitution and shames the forefathers that gave life and blood to protect your freedom, you are lucky i am not near you now you good little slave. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 10:26:46 PM

HarryPotHead
I'll ignore your manners for now, and argue like you are a sensible person.
Personally I like BC better than bay, but I chose to invest in bay because I saw a potential to go mainstream with it. The name Blackcoin makes me think of silkroad etc, and therefore disqualifies as a serious investment. I'm perfectly aware that a lot of people in crypto are there because they are worried about others seeing what they do. But you do want crypto to become mainstream don't you? There is no way that's gonna happen if anyone can do what they want without governments checking what they do. Bay presents itself as a coin that targets Joe, Jane, and my grandma. If it at any time becomes successful it will have to deal with regulatory issues, so why not prepare for it right from the start? Specially when it helps achieving the goal of keeping guns and drugs out?
HarryPotHead

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

You are what you eat. PIZZA!

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 12:29:56 AM

HarryPotHead
I'll ignore your manners for now, and argue like you are a sensible person.
Personally I like BC better than bay, but I chose to invest in bay because I saw a potential to go mainstream with it. The name Blackcoin makes me think of silkroad etc, and therefore disqualifies as a serious investment. I'm perfectly aware that a lot of people in crypto are there because they are worried about others seeing what they do. But you do want crypto to become mainstream don't you? There is no way that's gonna happen if anyone can do what they want without governments checking what they do. Bay presents itself as a coin that targets Joe, Jane, and my grandma. If it at any time becomes successful it will have to deal with regulatory issues, so why not prepare for it right from the start? Specially when it helps achieving the goal of keeping guns and drugs out?

You are clearly used to ignoring things as expected. Ok thanks for your argument how ever irrelevant it was. I did not ask why you do or do not like bay or bc or silkroad, do you know what decentralize means? It means the opposite to centralize. Government is centralized incase you did not know so at what point should govt have the control you mention over something decentralized? lol. You mention drugs and guns like they are bad? We would not want to step on the biggest drug dealers of all's cash cow would we? (govt). I own more than one gun (legally) at present and always will regardless of what laws they bring forth, i was born with the right to bare arms, it was known without that we go down the road we are half way down already. I want anonymity and freedom to go mainstream not any single crypto and people like you to wake up. I start programming and start a real decentralized 'anonymous' market but i do this in a extradition free country just incase Botswana, Belarus,Angola,Cambodia etc at what point does it become regulated by the mighty usa or said country? it does not because i am anonymous and the feds aint catching me bouncing around a far away country UNLESS they really want to and then they will just kill me no doubt but i would have died to give freedom. I would need to be able to cut out the real hardcore shit but i leave that with the trusted buyers and sellers to remove as they wish. End of story. Merry Christmas   

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 10:12:20 AM

Hey guys I see the feedback. I wanted to clarify. Im only giving an option for anyone with a moderator key (not just myself) to be able to remove heavy drugs and contract killers. For something that is illegal in some countries and legal in others, we can let it slide. Perhaps "weed" is OK as long as its legal where its being sold and sent. So I mean its not necessary for me to be babysit it. It just gives me the option to protect my ass if i have to.

Also, its still decentralized because if I stop moderating it, then who will moderate it? I will give out the mod key to a few friends that I trust. I believe in free markets. Actually I am a cryptoanarchist. But that doesnt mean i shouldnt consider what just happened(I got sabotaged) and think "Ok, lets not let that happen again"

So yeah, its decentralized. People should be excited that finally there is a decentralized exchange and barter and employment and all the things crypto is missing. If they want drugs im sure they will reverse engineer it or go to Tor/Onion network.

And the answer to the question about spoofing IP addresses. Not only will a ban force them to use a new one but also will ban the BitBay account and Bitmessage account used with it. So they would have to make everything new again.

There isnt really a way to prevent anything on a decentralized market but it helps. Also, later i can add a second layer of trust building and whitelists if needed.

You could try something like that, but as you say, there isnt really a way to prevent anything on a decentralized market. How about combining it with easy access to the ip addresses for government agencies like police and interpool. That would scare a lot of buyers of illegal goods.

That sounds like a real good idea to me just give the feds a key to the backdoor, you are a genius, pretty sure you are the type that would give your family to them aswel you stupid person what is wrong with you. You are part of the reason the world is the way it is! Another idea we could film ourselves actually using the market and send that aswel with our social security so then they know for sure who is buying or selling, what da you think dawg? How about fuck freedom and we walk our asses in single file all the way to the hermetically sealed coffins until they can maintain a population? You would not get a turnip this time you would get a bullet between the eyes! you sheep shit all over the constitution and shames the forefathers that gave life and blood to protect your freedom, you are lucky i am not near you now you good little slave.  

Grin

Last sentence had me rolling in laughter. I would like to say though that keep the drama out of this thread and lets just act in civil manner towards each other. I would also like to mention that Freedom is an illusion given to you so you feel safe. There is no such thing as freedom or free will. D

Did you know coinbase banned one of the user for using BTC to buy weed?

Everything is just an illusion, bro. No such thing as "true decentralized" market. Everything you do on internet is being traced by government & big corporations.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 10:57:34 AM

Who's selling? Is Bob still unloading? Thought he had sold it all!!?

The volume is really low. Almost 1 BTC per day. Volume precedes price. I wouldn't worry about any of that right now. Lets just wait until the development ends and we have a marketable product. Also Bitcoin has been really bearish.

Merry Christmas by the way.
Merry Christmas ! Yeah we must wait to see the end of development and what it brings to us. Then we can guess what the future will be.
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 04:47:23 AM

Yeah I don't think that making people encrypt their IP address is the same as "walking single file into a grave" or "shitting on the constitution". If you really think that then you better stop using bitcointalk... omg they have your IP address.... so crazy right? Oh and you should just stop using clearnet too. Because everyone has your IP address. lmao... someone clearly doesnt understand how the internet works. Oh and by the way, Tor is comprimised and so is Bitcoin. You can analyze exit nodes and by controlling enough nodes you can get everyones IP address anyways(why do people keep ignoring this obvious security flaw). Although IP addresses on Tor are only taken for busting the bigger sites. Besides if you really want freedom, be part of a mesh network! Its still free markets. It just means people will not be hiring killers. (what kind of hypocritical pussy hires a contractor anyways?! Thats no different than crying to your govt having someone else handle your problems) What it will do is open decentralized markets to a wider audience. Duh! Its not possible for me to prevent people from forking the software either. Its still decentralized market but I'm not making silk road. Anyone who thinks I should be making that clearly wants me to take the bullet for them. And if I did that, I would not be able to reach a bigger audience, and it would make it impossible for me to pursue other dreams. I'm all for freedom. Decentralized servers IS free. They can't be shut down. Thats the point. Thats the reason I started Halo in the first place (to free people using double escrow) and its probably the reason I was just a target of sabotage. If I was meant to learn any lesson from that its pretty damn obvious what that lesson was. And besides, there is so many services on Tor but what about services for larger audiences?! Also, I encrypt ingoing and outgoing messages so its already really secure the only party who knows about your business is the counterparty and thats about as anon as you can get. And how naive is it to order contraband and then supply the counterparty with your personal mailing address... lmao. Thats really "anon" man. And how can you have decentralized servers if there is no way to make your server show the content you want? If I'm selling BTC for DRK last thing I want to see is my listing sitting next to a post for crack/cocaine. lmao  Roll Eyes
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 04:47:59 AM

Anyways, I hope everyone had a merry xmas, an update is on the way.
BitBaydev (OP)

Activity: 155
Merit: 11

https://bitbay.market

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 06:14:11 AM

https://trello.com/b/LPXE1xtr/bitbay-community-projects-and-bounties

welcome to join our trello bounties.

we will list more bounties later.

Thanks for you support.

David Zimbeck Interview

BitBay Official Twitter: https://twitter.com/BitBayofficial
M28MmickT

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

BTG CEO

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 09:15:28 AM

Hello guys, i hope you all have had super holidays so far  Wink

Managed to pick up some more cheap coins which i can only be thankful for, Thank you dumper i appreciate the Christmas gift.

David and BitbayDev well done sticking around you have showed you mean business and stood your ground for yourself plus investors "Big thumbs up" and i am rooting for ya.

I see same guys who was in from the start  so a well done to you to i feel.

Anyway i am back and will be showing my face as much as possible,

Take care and let's have a fab New year!

Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 10:06:53 AM

Thanks for you support.

I don't know how you have planned to organize this, but the only thing I get to see is this:

Board not found.

This board may be private. If someone gave you this link, they may need to invite you to one of their boards or organizations.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 02:27:14 PM

Thanks for you support.

I don't know how you have planned to organize this, but the only thing I get to see is this:

Board not found.

This board may be private. If someone gave you this link, they may need to invite you to one of their boards or organizations.

Yeah perhaps Steve didn't realize if you want access to the board you need an invite... I can see if making it public changes anything otherwise please just send me your Trello name and I can invite you.
issie81

Activity: 760

CryptoZilla

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 02:30:03 PM

So time for another 3btc did it filled it:)
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 02:31:58 PM

Hello guys, i hope you all have had super holidays so far  Wink

Managed to pick up some more cheap coins which i can only be thankful for, Thank you dumper i appreciate the Christmas gift.

David and BitbayDev well done sticking around you have showed you mean business and stood your ground for yourself plus investors "Big thumbs up" and i am rooting for ya.

I see same guys who was in from the start  so a well done to you to i feel.

Anyway i am back and will be showing my face as much as possible,

Take care and let's have a fab New year!

Thank you buddy. I definitely want to come through and deliver software as promised. When I get hired to do work, I do it. I'm happy Steve is here to support the project too. It was a risk going into it that others may drop out, but its like removing a a few weeds and we are much better off now. And now we can rebrand, wash away the old and make a good coin. I appreciate all of your support and have a wonderful new years.

Smiley
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 02:33:26 PM

haha thanks for the support. The bulls shall unite!
issie81

CryptoZilla

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 03:56:19 PM

yeah bulls unite:)
David i know it's hard to give an ETA in software dev, but do you have something in your mind for an ETA
like days, weeks or months, after the rebrand we got alot of work to do i can support the marketplace by selling stuff with my company
DeezCoinz

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 05:06:19 AM

Wow. How many coins do you own now?
BitBaydev (OP)

Activity: 155
Merit: 11

https://bitbay.market

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 05:41:01 AM

Thanks for you support.

Board not found.

Sorry for the mistake,we will release a public board later.

David Zimbeck Interview

BitBay Official Twitter: https://twitter.com/BitBayofficial
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 06:55:34 AM

David i know it's hard to give an ETA in software dev, but do you have something in your mind for an ETA
like days, weeks or months, after the rebrand we got alot of work to do i can support the marketplace by selling stuff with my company

I'm going to try to get something within a month. Of course things do take time and I don't want to rush it either so just please be patient.
issie81

CryptoZilla

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 07:57:28 AM

Wow. How many coins do you own now?

Close to 100mil:)
issie81

CryptoZilla

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 08:00:11 AM

I'm going to try to get something within a month. Of course things do take time and I don't want to rush it either so just please be patient.

No worries, if you need something (besides a superdev), please give a scream or you want to (beta) test the wallet we can help you out. Dont forget hard work always pays off
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: