Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:29:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Cryptosis

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 08:32:33 PM

have to include the decentralized part maybe - its the "Hook" and what its all about!?
These look good getting closer. Maybe u could render some lighting effects on them or skew them a little to show some 3D detail, just a suggestion.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
j-bar

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 09:22:59 PM

David, these are some excellent designs and show awesome enthusiasm, but amytheplanarshift is right, the marketing aspect is so important and you have to get it right. Additionally, you haven't set any parameters for the logo, e.g:

-Palette - what colours (and also does it need to match the website, because at the moment it doesn't)?
-What does it have to achieve/say/stand for? What is the message?
-Goal - does it have to be instantly recognisable by a wide audience at a point-of-sale? Are you looking for buy-in from payment processors? In which case simplicity and bold colouring maybe win?
-What does it have to look like as a mobile app? Where do you see the logo being used?

These are all things that you have to think about. I do believe that the re-brand is the right approach however (considering recent events), but maybe think about a professional designer?

I really don't want to rain on anyone's parade because the enthusiasm is  really good to see (and I will be the first to admit I am rubbish at marketing) but you need to get this right. It needs to be professional and to set the right message.

EddyShark

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 10:14:55 PM

And more

funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 10:25:08 PM

funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 10:27:00 PM

Looks more professional Maybe?
silavon

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 11:20:47 PM

Smiley

https://twitter.com/Yakpimp/status/547253570169348096/photo/1

EddyShark

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 11:47:12 PM

In two colors

dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 12:57:15 AM

Everyone, this was submitted in Trello a while ago too. Would like to share these logos here:
https://trello-attachments.s3.amazonaws.com/546c685d137b47cfb2309f7b/2000x1043/959c4dac78db7640f26c88f494d342a8/BitBay-Logo.png

I like the 3rd of the top row.

Looks goods imo.

I second that. The first and third on the top row looks pro. The shading and shadows set it off. Who ever did those did a kickass job

I agree. It is a little reminiscent of darkcoins logo though. But it also shares some qualities with the current one. I kind of think the first one on the second row is interesting although not as the official logo.
Cryptosis

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 03:56:48 AM

Looks more professional Maybe?
This one looks cool, I like the double B's on top of BitBay
It should be capatilzed like Bitbay or like BitBay
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 04:40:59 AM

David, these are some excellent designs and show awesome enthusiasm, but amytheplanarshift is right, the marketing aspect is so important and you have to get it right. Additionally, you haven't set any parameters for the logo, e.g:

-Palette - what colours (and also does it need to match the website, because at the moment it doesn't)?
-What does it have to achieve/say/stand for? What is the message?
-Goal - does it have to be instantly recognisable by a wide audience at a point-of-sale? Are you looking for buy-in from payment processors? In which case simplicity and bold colouring maybe win?
-What does it have to look like as a mobile app? Where do you see the logo being used?

These are all things that you have to think about. I do believe that the re-brand is the right approach however (considering recent events), but maybe think about a professional designer?

I really don't want to rain on anyone's parade because the enthusiasm is  really good to see (and I will be the first to admit I am rubbish at marketing) but you need to get this right. It needs to be professional and to set the right message.

Well, Steve was the one to start the competition. So the palette, I really like the original light blue and teal pallets. I think that we don't want to get confused.

As for logos, I'm a big fan of symbols. Apple has the "Apple", facebook has the "f", etc. Many successful brands have two syllable names and some form of universal symbol. Even in religion, many religions are represented by a basic sigil(the cross representing self sacrifice, the star representing magic). So my use of the "Halo" in my personal brand was a way to "make any coin honest/pious". The Halo was an "honor amongst thieves" and was branded to assume that anyone can be trusted and become trustworthy as long as they are secured in a double deposit. It also represents the cross-platform nature I wanted my software to take. I just simply hated the fact that all crypto was so ruthlessly competitive and wanted them all to have access to a universal trust system and unite between differences. As for NightTrader I used the owl for judgement and wisdom and the idea that if you trade at night you would be a "Night Owl". It also was in parity with "Daytrading" which is common with penny stock holders but also gave the credence to Bitcoins dubious past.

So thats how I think when it comes to branding.
As for bitbay, I think the "B" just as in Bitcoin can be the symbol but represented in a unique way. Its funny, the original logo had a chinese feel to it which I actually liked. However, the markets may be international if successful. And its always good to have a logo to encompass your future vision. I think payment processors is not the target market. The target market is consumers who want to be connected and part of a stable growing economy. We should target everyone to stop by Bitbay. I like the idea of crossing oceans and uniting barriers. As if you would connect with someone anywhere in the world in their international bazaar harbor. If there is any target market in businesses then it needs to be people who want to be part of the "E-Bay of Bitcoin". So we should also target merchants who want to be in Bitcoin but didn't know how. The stability with pegging will really excite them. The double deposit aspect is the selling point that "nobody can possibly scam you and profit". So it also seeks the "adventurous", "pirate-bay" type merchants who want to explore new and revolutionary ways to sell their products. Being able to set up show with us is a million times more important than have a decentralized market anyways. The decentralization aspect must only be good for not having a server. And I think that gives it an Alibaba international feel too.

So thats the brand i can conceive in my mind. I'm a bit of a Don Quixote so I know that will probably never be reflected in a brand. So we have to be modest right now and accept the nice gifts the community is bringing. They are having fun and thats is by far more important to me right now than running before we can walk.

Mobile apps are complex. I'm in the process of negotiations with somebody to take on the Halo mobile platform. Bitbay mobile would need a server which would mean its not decentralized (which is fine for mobile and my idea for Halo markets was to have two methods of markets). I could easily code a custom parser for any blockchain with what i know now, but my time is extremely limited and even writing this post means im "on break"

The site would need a redesign too. I certainly think thats a good place to spend as well. Again, I would need a project manager to assist in it. I would love to find designers willing to go under BitHalo contracts. I'm very picky now with employees since I just wasted time training devs in SE Asia(although I have yet to try India and may do so).

The thing about websites is its hard to design with your vision in mind and then when you have to scale it because of advancements in the community the site would need constant updates and rebrands. That is exactly why I proposed so hard to BLK that I wanted a "community portal" in the main site. An interactive visual representation of a live community chat and a portal to all of their projects. Most sites are crap. Even my own personal Halo sites could use a major overhaul! So its a work in progress. This is a great place to start with the community.

One thing to consider, if the community is designing logos, they feel like they are a part of something. I love Blackcoin for that. Its like the Doge community always volunteering ideas. I hope they know I'm still very much personally interested in their success and my loyalty always is with the communities I'm involved with. Bitbay was like a major exception by the way I was brought into it. But now that I'm starting to take the community under my wing a bit more, I'm happy to get all the milestones done.

And consider Doge for a moment. They didn't have fancy "artwork" in fact a lot of the art was lazy cut and paste doge memes. But they were successful because it was a sigil and the community felt represented.

Again, I'm always looking for people to hire. Perhaps the next bounty will be for "finding me people and interviewing coders/web/manager". And im willing to offer good money when that moment comes.

Although realize, the coin is still small because the market cap is only 200K and we will probably only be able to get 200-300 BTC in the dev fund since the other parties have left. Unless, we do see a price increase and then our Bitbay would be worth more. I'm willing to help the community and work with what we have. That is one of my specialties in my old businesses which was working in insanely tight budgets. I had a decent commercial package which was very successful that I used to run for a 200 dollar budget and usually made 50% markup and I used to be pretty good at datamining and automation. I've not gone into "marketing mode" too much because I prefer to have a product to market before doing that. So I'm in "developement mode" for Halo, NT and now BitBay. So basically, I'm pretty reserved when it comes to budgeting unless I can find someone who excels at it to assist me. I really want to save as much as possible if any developers are needed once my projects are complete. Of course that doesnt mean there isn't funds set aside for marketing. Obviously there is. However marketing is by far the most expensive part of being in business so it has to be approached with great care.

As stated before BitBay was a clone of BlackHalo, so the great thing is, any work done in one can easily be put into the other and they will always have the unique differences of NT belonging to BlackHalo and pegging belonging to BitBay. And i think that works well because pegging makes the coin stable and is a very complimentary feature to markets. (people want to buy an item knowing that the price will not fluctuate much)

Hope that helps.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 04:47:31 AM

How much longer should we run the competition? We need a final date. We can do a countdown for the final and then the community can decide who they like the best to pick the winner and either me or Steven can choose the runner ups.

Also, the upcoming BlackHalo and BitHalo UI is very superior to the BitBay UI should we use the same structure for the BitBay UI? I still think the BitBay UI needs too much work right now.
issie81

Activity: 760
Merit: 500

CryptoZilla

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:59:28 AM

How much longer should we run the competition? We need a final date. We can do a countdown for the final and then the community can decide who they like the best to pick the winner and either me or Steven can choose the runner ups.

Also, the upcoming BlackHalo and BitHalo UI is very superior to the BitBay UI should we use the same structure for the BitBay UI? I still think the BitBay UI needs too much work right now.

Yeah we should use UI of BlackHalo and BitHalo those look release sweet.
Guys give all the input to David, lets get this party started. I want to trade on the Marketplace Smiley
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 08:49:21 AM

Yeah we should use UI of BlackHalo and BitHalo those look release sweet.
Guys give all the input to David, lets get this party started. I want to trade on the Marketplace Smiley

Ok I was thinking that too. Plus, it makes it easy to award a "Halo" to Bitbay if we earn it. I'm going to keep the blue color scheme and convert it all over for the next update. Already finished the first time user wizard almost done with "pay to email/email tipping" added some user friendly features and now im just left with some automatic joint account features.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:18:08 AM

Added that ebay feel to it

2nd variation with gold

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
issie81

Activity: 760

CryptoZilla

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 01:55:50 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2015, 02:08:57 PM by issie81

What do you think of these..

i like the middle one:)

PS to all the guys giving input why your using Ebay colours?
don't we want our OWN!! image?
Kevinrasf

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 02:35:43 PM

I like the first one, the 2nd one looks a bit unclearish Tongue.

But you are right we should have our own style you don't want to be a copy of something.

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
M28MmickT

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

BTG CEO

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 03:20:27 PM

The first one inside the second one would be awesome imo  ^^^^

unusualfacts30

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 03:31:27 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2015, 03:50:31 PM by unusualfacts30

We stole Bit from Bitcoin
and Bay from Ebay

so putting their color together makes sense. I think someone mentioned psychological benefit of using ebay color. It looks friendly and people are familiar with those colors. It could be beneficial.  Grin. Even original logo had blue & white (facebook color). I think there is scientific study behind it. People get more attracted to colors they're familiar with.

http://www.business2community.com/marketing/10-colors-that-increase-sales-and-why-0366997

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 03:32:56 PM

I would say let the contest run for a few weeks so e.g. until January 15 or so.
Best would be if it is run at the official site with some sort of voting system to raise community involvement. It is hard to keep an overview in this thread for me.
Btw Thanks for gathering them at http://bitbay.slack.com Jean-Marc Wink
unusualfacts30

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 03:41:58 PM

Who is the admin for bitbay.slack.com?

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: