Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:48:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 04:25:24 PM

So maybe we need to invent a new word for this.

Collateral or collateral deposit? I'm not native English speaker so maybe that would fit or not.

In my paper it was called "Two Party double deposit trustless escrow in cryptographic networks and Bitcoin."

Best to call it "double deposit" for short.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zercrypt

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 06:41:38 PM

i cannot access my funds on the contract-wallet, it wont sync. how could i access my wallet? i have still my backups from key1.private, key1.share, key2.private and key2.share. And of course my wallet.dat.

I tried to switch the wallet.dat in the QT-client. It shows my balance, but when i try to send coins, it shows an error.

Any help really appreciated!!
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 07:15:52 PM

i cannot access my funds on the contract-wallet, it wont sync. how could i access my wallet? i have still my backups from key1.private, key1.share, key2.private and key2.share. And of course my wallet.dat.

I tried to switch the wallet.dat in the QT-client. It shows my balance, but when i try to send coins, it shows an error.

wallet.dat is not your wallet in Halo/BitBay, only in QT.

You cant use the wallet.dat from BitBays smart contract wallet because the qt doesnt have your private keys. Qt is not multisignature. In fact, this is the only Qt that even uses the watchonly branch which is why it saw your balance, it has your public keys in the file so it can generate the address.

So if you arent syncing in the Bitbay smart contracting client it can be for several reasons. First of all, we have updated the source code for this to have permanent nodes. If its been a long time since you have connected, you would not have any good seed nodes. You need the new client.

Also, on windows 8 we have noticed some firewall issues. Again you would need the new client. Uninstall BitBay and reinstall with the new link I will be uploading an update tonight.

I'm assuming you are on windows? How old is your smart contracting client? Also, as long as you have key1.private and key2.private your funds are safe. Never lose those files. In BitBay wallet.dat is not used.

But in Bitbay-Qt, wallet.dat is used so back that up, but only Qt. When we finish staking in Halo, wallet.dat wont even be needed anymore (only for storing copies of public keys)
Lboss

Activity: 412
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 08:56:27 AM

Edit: Problem solved , I have just seen wrong numbers. It was about 140 million. However , in the next release , it would be better if we can see some comma for seperating digits.
Secondly, If you dont have some significant amount of coins it is not easy to get stakes , am I wrong(In my case , I have 96k coins)?

I didnt get POS2.0.

It says coins age out of the race. I got it and my weight is equal to just my coins. Ok with that, but how the network weight can be 1.4 billion.140 million. Is there a mechanism such that calculates how many hours a node online or something else?

Please help me to understand, since my weight doesnt change about 3 hours and it still says "23 hours" or "1 day".

Thats true but the stake reward is higher for small amounts of coins. So if you have a .1% chance of getting the block your reward is higher than one who has a 99% chance of getting a block.

Also, I am adding multisignature staking to all my clients. So now, you can stake without ever getting hacked. (2fa staking)

Yes , you were right , I got my stake with reward 4.36 BAY which is higher rate for me.

By the way, when you talking about 2fa staking , do you mean remote staking like NXT or lending sth like that?
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 09:13:21 AM

Edit: Problem solved , I have just seen wrong numbers. It was about 140 million. However , in the next release , it would be better if we can see some comma for seperating digits.
Secondly, If you dont have some significant amount of coins it is not easy to get stakes , am I wrong(In my case , I have 96k coins)?

I didnt get POS2.0.

It says coins age out of the race. I got it and my weight is equal to just my coins. Ok with that, but how the network weight can be 1.4 billion.140 million. Is there a mechanism such that calculates how many hours a node online or something else?

Please help me to understand, since my weight doesnt change about 3 hours and it still says "23 hours" or "1 day".

Thats true but the stake reward is higher for small amounts of coins. So if you have a .1% chance of getting the block your reward is higher than one who has a 99% chance of getting a block.

Also, I am adding multisignature staking to all my clients. So now, you can stake without ever getting hacked. (2fa staking)

Yes , you were right , I got my stake with reward 4.36 BAY which is higher rate for me.

By the way, when you talking about 2fa staking , do you mean remote staking like NXT or lending sth like that?

No this is something that ive been talking about for over a year. Its multisignature staking where you use one key to stake at one location and another key to sign at another.

So you can use a flash drive or even an email app or a second computer entirely. For reference, try the "automatic joint account" feature in the client.

It means that you can stake and never get hacked doing it.
zercrypt

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 10:15:53 AM

wallet.dat is not your wallet in Halo/BitBay, only in QT.

You cant use the wallet.dat from BitBays smart contract wallet because the qt doesnt have your private keys. Qt is not multisignature. In fact, this is the only Qt that even uses the watchonly branch which is why it saw your balance, it has your public keys in the file so it can generate the address.

So if you arent syncing in the Bitbay smart contracting client it can be for several reasons. First of all, we have updated the source code for this to have permanent nodes. If its been a long time since you have connected, you would not have any good seed nodes. You need the new client.

Also, on windows 8 we have noticed some firewall issues. Again you would need the new client. Uninstall BitBay and reinstall with the new link I will be uploading an update tonight.

I'm assuming you are on windows? How old is your smart contracting client? Also, as long as you have key1.private and key2.private your funds are safe. Never lose those files. In BitBay wallet.dat is not used.

But in Bitbay-Qt, wallet.dat is used so back that up, but only Qt. When we finish staking in Halo, wallet.dat wont even be needed anymore (only for storing copies of public keys)

Installed the new contract-wallet, imported my keys, synced and it works now. I had an older version installed, thats why it didn't sync.

Thanks for your help! Great project!
3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 11:22:40 PM

So tired of this instability market...
99 percent of the crypto market is nothing but speculation investors looking for a quick buck! It's so funny seeing people boast about how a coin just made them money, just so they can dump it back into BTC, which is nothing more than the roller coaster that got them in the mess.
There is a reason why merchants who accept BTC in payments, cash out to fiat immediately - it's because they can't afford to lose money in the "long".

I can't say enough how I can't wait  for a pegged system that is simplified for any average Joe to feel comfortable to partake in and with a built-in decentralized marketplace for the sake of "peace of mind".

Why, in my right mind, would I utilize BTC as a means of currency, when I have the fear of tomorrow of knowing the possibility that it could dump or skyrocket! This "dumbness" needs to end! Yet they can't... don't want to piss off the centralized Debeer's-type POMer's that are waiting for that quick buck, let alone the hackers that are out in force trying to hack 'moran's' without a 'brian' that put their BTC in someone else's hands!

This is why I invest in Bitbay!

asuryan180

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 11:44:28 PM

99 percent of the crypto market is nothing but speculation investors looking for a quick buck! It's so funny seeing people boast about how a coin just made them money, just so they can dump it back into BTC, which is nothing more than the roller coaster that got them in the mess.
There is a reason why merchants who accept BTC in payments, cash out to fiat immediately - it's because they can't afford to lose money in the "long".

I can't say enough how I can't wait  for a pegged system that is simplified for any average Joe to feel comfortable to partake in and with a built-in decentralized marketplace for the sake of "peace of mind".

Why, in my right mind, would I utilize BTC as a means of currency, when I have the fear of tomorrow of knowing the possibility that it could dump or skyrocket! This "dumbness" needs to end! Yet they can't... don't want to piss off the centralized Debeer's-type POMer's that are waiting for that quick buck, let alone the hackers that are out in force trying to hack 'moran's' without a 'brian' that put their BTC in someone else's hands!

Well written and you are right about the market it is total speculation you see this as recent as the other day when people heard about the evo guys doing a runner the market started instantly selling and caused a little drop which could have been a lot more if the guys who stole actually started dumping.

This is the place to be over the next year there are going to be a lot of last minute panic buyers into this coin when promotion starts kicking in and people understand the power of true decentralization, this is what crypto need more than anything and then avoid all the so called hacks and thefts.

Keep up the good work been watching on lurk mode for awhile as i am sure others have.

3r197

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 02:10:41 AM

Well written and you are right about the market it is total speculation you see this as recent as the other day when people heard about the evo guys doing a runner the market started instantly selling and caused a little drop which could have been a lot more if the guys who stole actually started dumping.

This is the place to be over the next year there are going to be a lot of last minute panic buyers into this coin when promotion starts kicking in and people understand the power of true decentralization, this is what crypto need more than anything and then avoid all the so called hacks and thefts.

Keep up the good work been watching on lurk mode for awhile as i am sure others have.

Agreed. I just wish I had more fake fiat to buy up some more bitbay. Cause once it's pegged it's game over for cheap Bay's!
People are going to be crying over the advice,  'I told you so'!
3r197

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 02:14:06 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 02:54:50 PM by 3r197

Watching this whole Bitcoin BTC-e scandal on twitter is just laughable!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waEC-8GFTP4
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:13:53 AM

lol funny... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg5SwyTvAHw

And yeah im looking forward to the hedging system just as much as you guys. We are getting closer every day. Right now, just trying to get the markets ready for public trials.
3r197

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:18:00 PM

And yeah im looking forward to the hedging system just as much as you guys. We are getting closer every day. Right now, just trying to get the markets ready for public trials.

Take your time, LOL!
I need more time to bag up some cheap Bays - price is trying to dropping back into the 50 satoshi range!
asuryan180

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 02:23:14 AM

Agreed. I just wish I had more fake fiat to buy up some more bitbay. Cause once it's pegged it's game over for cheap Bay's!
People are going to be crying over the advice,  'I told you so'!

Aha the fake fiat problem, yeh that is annoying i would put more into this project if i had it around me available because i know it will pay off in the end, i want to be able to buy and sell goods on a decentralized market more than anything i am so tired of ebays and paypals fee's i stopped selling on there altogether to be honest.

You are right when the pegging begins it will more than likely bring many more buyers into the market they will be speculators in it for a quick buck but they will hopefully help with the awareness of the project keeping the volume high with people who are buying to purchase of the market, very exciting times ahead in the next few months  Cool

Once people realize crypto ebay without the scams is here well the rest is history..

urdubit

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

The First Pakistan Bitcoin Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 06:19:39 AM

I support onewallet.io for that reason I believe that is the future of ebay.
Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:37:17 AM

at the ANN i dont see the official website for bitbay
where is iit ?
does bitbay still use old website
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 07:31:42 AM

at the ANN i dont see the official website for bitbay
where is iit ?
does bitbay still use old website

We are working on a new landing page. Steven has thebitbay.org and we have no control over the old thebitbay.net.

However, one of our community members has bitbay.market so we will be updating the ones we control.
HouseOP

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 10:06:19 AM

Hi Guys,
I have been stacking and using bitbay with no problems for a couple of months until it suddenly kept crashing on me and wouldn't open again.
I downloaded the new client and It won't open either. Here's the error...,
https://i.imgur.com/41TQbpu.png

I have my wallet backed up so no worries there. But trying to reinstall older versions to get back on track doesn't work either.. Here's that error...
https://i.imgur.com/rJ60EiW.png
Any help much appreciated.
cheers
House
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 12:41:37 PM

Hi Guys,
I have been stacking and using bitbay with no problems for a couple of months until it suddenly kept crashing on me and wouldn't open again.
I downloaded the new client and It won't open either. Here's the error...,

I have my wallet backed up so no worries there. But trying to reinstall older versions to get back on track doesn't work either.. Here's that error...

Any help much appreciated.
cheers
House

Assertion failed is an error you get with any coin when the blockchain gets messed up. Even Bitcoin-Qt can have this happen not sure why nobody fixed this yet.

So the solution is, back up your wallet.dat and delete the data directory for bitbay. Then replace wallet.dat with your backup. You will need to resynchronize. Also remember there is a new Qt wallet which we should have a link to in the OP.
HouseOP

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 02:24:50 AM

Thanks heaps David.. works perfectly now.
Really looking forward to BitBay getting back on its feet.
Accolades to the Team for overcoming a major obstacle while at the same time weeding out some of the evil players in the space.

You have my personal support as well as BTCOR Group.
All the very best
House
https://i.imgur.com/7lQfqMO.png
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 09:58:11 AM

Thanks heaps David.. works perfectly now.
Really looking forward to BitBay getting back on its feet.
Accolades to the Team for overcoming a major obstacle while at the same time weeding out some of the evil players in the space.

You have my personal support as well as BTCOR Group.
All the very best
House

Thanks! By the way, stay posted. Markets are being released for public tests today.
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: