Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:30:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
metakid

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:40:47 AM

Extreme censorship of facts is a sure sign of a failing project. (This post will be deleted)

Hahaha please illuminate us all with what 'extreme censorship' was applied to which 'facts'... To me your account looks like nothing but yet another shill account created to point out that David is also working for blackcoin, which we already knew. So, what gives?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vlizzjeffrey

Activity: 784
Merit: 503

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:13:13 AM

someone bought 11 btc of bitbay yesterday at 47 sat, wonder who that was

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 07:23:40 PM

BTER are about to open for altcoin withdrawals.

I'm going to finally need a Bitbay wallet (since my preferred method of storing coins is keeping them on exchanges - that way I don't loose track of them  Wink ).

Is there a working Mac wallet for Bitbay currently ?
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 07:25:28 PM

On the brink of release. Still testing though.
3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 11:17:49 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2015, 01:58:18 PM by 3r197

I'm going to finally need a Bitbay wallet (since my preferred method of storing coins is keeping them on exchanges - that way I don't loose track of them  Wink ).

I understand that it makes things easy to track, but that's a bad philosophy. The whole concept behind cryptocurrency is to take out the middle man. Of all the massive scandals related to cryptocurrencies, they've always been "centralized exchange" related - where you trust someone else to hold your coins. I'm sure you know this so don't hate me for responding, yet I'm guessing the BTER hack was great wake up call for you, as any of your alt coins could have easily been stolen as well by the "middleman flaw."
IMHO, what I like about Bitbay is that it already has the potential (with smart contract tech) to put centralized exchanges out of business for smart investors. Once the marketplace is set up, I will be able to name any coin I want to either buy or sell and if someone else wants to buy or sell to my offer, I can initiate a smart contract system to create the transaction void of any exchange screwing things up or hacking - plus removing the factor of price spread volatility.

Top that all off with staking your coins to gain new coins for free and new wallets are new nodes which help strengthen the network!

Cheers
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 06:47:25 PM

I understand that it makes things easy to track, but that's a bad philosophy.

I was being slightly ironic  Wink

I do realise how stupid it is to keep stuff on exchanges for significant lengths of time. It's just that the valuation tanked so much since I bought in that I wasn't too worried about it. I generally keep any significant holdings in cold wallets.

Thanks for the concern though.
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 07:32:03 PM

I understand that it makes things easy to track, but that's a bad philosophy. The whole concept behind cryptocurrency is to take out the middle man. Of all the massive scandals related to cryptocurrencies, they've always been "centralized exchange" related - where you trust someone else to hold your coins. I'm sure you know this so don't hate me for responding, yet I'm guessing the BTER hack was great wake up call for you, as any of your alt coins could have easily been stolen as well by the "middleman flaw."
IMHO, what I like about Bitbay is that it already has the potential (with smart contract tech) to put centralized exchanges out of business for smart investors. Once the marketplace is set up, I will be able to name any coin I want to either buy or sell and if someone else wants to buy or sell to my offer, I can initiate a smart contract system to create the transaction void of any exchange screwing things up or hacking - plus removing the factor of price spread volatility.

Top that all off with staking your coins to gain new coins for free and new wallets are new nodes which help strengthen the network!

Cheers

To elaborate on this, NightTrader microtrading will allow the ability to use deposits and trustless decentralized exchange with no fees and very low deposits for trading. The only drawback is it wont be high frequency and you would have to wait for confirmations. But it will be automated so you dont have to think about it and only leave the client running on your computer. It will support many different coins we may charge an entry fee to set up a coins daemon etc.

One way to increase the speed of this is to set up a few high speed servers for the markets. But first we should see what people think about the markets when released. Right now im working on the templates.
jones techbit

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 06:27:15 AM

So is this a marketplace similar to Silk Road, where you can buy and sell things using Bitcoin securely?

3r197

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 12:29:25 PM

To elaborate on this, NightTrader microtrading will allow the ability to use deposits and trustless decentralized exchange with no fees and very low deposits for trading. The only drawback is it wont be high frequency and you would have to wait for confirmations. But it will be automated so you dont have to think about it and only leave the client running on your computer. It will support many different coins we may charge an entry fee to set up a coins daemon etc.

One way to increase the speed of this is to set up a few high speed servers for the markets. But first we should see what people think about the markets when released. Right now im working on the templates.

Awesome... especially knowing you have the exclusive rights to nighttrader, correct?

Yet the "no fee" idea might be a little much. If fees were included, it would generate the the revenue to buy the servers needed to make the system faster - or even help create buy and sell walls to help peg BAY to a set dollar amount.
Or are you planning on generating revenue from ad banners built into nighttrader?
Honestly, I wouldn't think that this needs to be viewed upon with notion that no one will use it if it's not free, so to speak. There are a growing number of investors tired of current exchanges and God knows how much more big money potentially would start taking interest knowing they've found an unbreakable system that bypasses the current humanly flawed exchange construct.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 04:34:03 PM

Awesome... especially knowing you have the exclusive rights to nighttrader, correct?

Yet the "no fee" idea might be a little much. If fees were included, it would generate the the revenue to buy the servers needed to make the system faster - or even help create buy and sell walls to help peg BAY to a set dollar amount.
Or are you planning on generating revenue from ad banners built into nighttrader?
Honestly, I wouldn't think that this needs to be viewed upon with notion that no one will use it if it's not free, so to speak. There are a growing number of investors tired of current exchanges and God knows how much more big money potentially would start taking interest knowing they've found an unbreakable system that bypasses the current humanly flawed exchange construct.

Yeah well of course. NightTrader is my baby from last year. Ive got the site as well NightTrader.org. Revenue can be generated in more ways than simply charging fees. Brand value alone being one of the most used altcoin clients. The more well known the software, the more value the advertising is. If I charge a fee perhaps it will be optional considering its a decentralized exchange. Most people probably would not disable the optional fee

I've had some really funny ideas for advertising one being a "decentralized billboard" where you can buy adspace and resell it and the highest bidder is shown in the client. Again, there would be no middle man so any ad space bought would be free and clear. But honestly, im only focusing on coding the markets and features we need to launch and from there we will see what everyone demands.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 04:47:44 PM

That was a glitch Grin

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
3r197

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 05:59:59 PM

Yeah well of course. NightTrader is my baby from last year. Ive got the site as well NightTrader.org. Revenue can be generated in more ways than simply charging fees. Brand value alone being one of the most used altcoin clients. The more well known the software, the more value the advertising is. If I charge a fee perhaps it will be optional considering its a decentralized exchange. Most people probably would not disable the optional fee

I've had some really funny ideas for advertising one being a "decentralized billboard" where you can buy adspace and resell it and the highest bidder is shown in the client. Again, there would be no middle man so any ad space bought would be free and clear. But honestly, im only focusing on coding the markets and features we need to launch and from there we will see what everyone demands.

Awesomeness! I'm fully 'in' on investing any extra hard earned (fake) dollars to buy up as much of this coin as possible. I've got another idea or two that I'll PM your way that I'd previously already sent to another coin dev, yet void of interest. It's so much fun to be part of a coin where the dev is on top of things. Can't wait to see where this is going... Grin
3r197

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 07:09:03 PM

That was a glitch Grin
Hot damn!! Glad to see you on board!!  Grin
Kevinrasf

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 09:20:55 AM

Job well done on the new OP.

A shorter but clearer view on what this coin is about.

+1  Wink

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 09:40:00 AM

Finally an updated OP showing where we stand now after the loads of shit we have gone through. Smiley
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 05:36:43 PM

Finally an updated OP showing where we stand now after the loads of shit we have gone through. Smiley

Its going to be a lot of fun watching this coin completely redeem itself.
issie81

Activity: 760

CryptoZilla

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 07:09:38 AM

1+ for sticking around and giving everything, how can this coin then not redeem itself
Keep up the good job.
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 08:27:36 AM

1+ for sticking around and giving everything, how can this coin then not redeem itself
Keep up the good job.

This will go past the IPO price quite easily Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

healthhealer4

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 09:52:33 AM

If any body is trying to use the smart contract bitbay wallet but it always crashes on you, try opening the client as an administrator (  run as administrator) it works for me . whom every it works for can start making smart contracts now in bitbay.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 01:19:36 PM

If any body is trying to use the smart contract bitbay wallet but it always crashes on you, try opening the client as an administrator (  run as administrator) it works for me . whom every it works for can start making smart contracts now in bitbay.

I should also mention that I've got an update coming for this as well. We should be able to demo the markets soon. As for the administrator privelages, i should mention that when people install, to not install to program files because that folder requires admin privelages. This is why Bitcoin-Qt puts its data directory in appdata/roaming. Halo/BitBay keeps it in the same directory as the install.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: